A career in the field of software engineering. Seeking to apply skills in Object Oriented Programming, Windows Desktop and Web Application Development.
Operating Systems: UNIX, Windows.
Databases: Access, SQL Server.
Source Control: SourceSafe, Perforce, Star Team, TFS.
Libraries: SignalR, JQuery, Bootstrap, AngularJS, Angular 2.
Softwares: WireShark, WinMerge.
Other Skills: AJAX, WCF, WPF, ASP.NET, MVC, MVVM, Web API, Razor, Entity Framework, WinForms, Asynchronous Programming, Socket Programming, Multi - threading, NUnit, MSTest.
Senior Software Engineer
- Worked for two months on the development of a desktop tool for reinterpretation of results on the basis of modified threshold configuration parameters obtained from a medical instrument. Responsibilities included UI development using C# WPF MVVM pattern, Entity Framework and unit testing using MSTest.
- Worked for one month on regression testing of the medical software. Responsibilities included review and manual execution of the regression protocol for identification of defects.
- Worked for three months on porting medical software from Visual Studio 2010 to Visual Studio 2015, in analyzing the cause of Typemock and MSTest unit test failures and fixing automated unit tests. Developed a C# WPF log viewer utility to parse Typemock results file to categorize and analyze unit test failures.
- Worked for one month developing audit functionality for the diagnostics application. Responsibilities included development of the audit framework using C#, SQL Server, Entity Framework and its use in the diagnostics application.
Staff / Lead Software Engineer
Confidential, New York
- Worked for eighteen months on multi - threaded workstation software of Confidential HVNext chemistry diagnostics instrument. Developed features related with temperature sensing of reagent trays, alerts, CTT tray monitor, test definitions and sample logging. Responsibilities included UI, business layer and backend database related development using C# WinForms and SQL.
- Worked for twelve months on multi-threaded platform workstation software that provided a framework for the chemistry and immuno-assay analyzer software. Developed reconnecting proxy code for robust communication with event log service. Worked on enhancements and performance improvements related with event log feature of workstation software. Responsibilities included UI and business layer related development using C#.
- Worked for eight months on informatics, security related features involving asynchronous programming, multi-threading and developed internal tools for Confidential next generation workstation product. Responsibilities included front-end software development using C# and WPF. Source control used was TFS. Gained familiarity with McAfee based whitelisting software, Symantec based certificate signing service and Cisco router related configuration.
Senior Software Engineer
Confidential, New Jersey
- Worked for six months on maintenance of windows based server applications that route transactions to and fro from embedded boards in slot machines to back-end iSERIES system. Also developed an application that received all transactions from a server through sockets. Responsibilities included software design based on functional requirements, application development using multi-threading, socket programming and managed C++.
- Worked for six months developing software utilities that were used for upgrading databases at customer sites. Developed applications using C# and ADO.NET. Responsibilities included application development and unit testing.
- Worked for twelve months on a project that would enable patrons to play time or entry based slot tournaments on an iVIEW (graphical display). Responsibilities included software design, implementation of new transactions in the system, integration testing and bug-fixing.
- Worked for twelve months developing enhancements on the server products such as data logging, card level functionality and file download capability. Responsibilities included software implementation based on designs provided, bug-fixing and unit testing.
Confidential, Irvine, California
- Worked for nine months on the nesting project. Designed and implemented algorithms in C++ to find efficient traverse paths of the laser machine in the presence of geometrical constraints. Responsibilities included design, implementation, testing and bug-fixing of geometrical algorithms.
- Worked for seven months on the robot simulation project that involved understanding of the RRS interface and RCS module of Amada. Was involved in development, using C++ and COM, of robot model and added functionality for each axis operation, step back simulation, set TCP position and use of either Cartesian coordinates or Joint angles for input. Responsibilities included development, testing and bug-fixing of the functionality developed.
- Worked for seventeen months on the development of geometry based shape search technology using C++ and COM. Reviewed literature for shape search based on moments and spherical harmonics. Coded routines to compute moment invariants and principal moments of silhouettes, shells and solids. Developed functions to compute spherical extent functions and spherical harmonic coefficients of geometric shapes. Analysed results, performed testing and bug-fixing. Added functionality to the C# client developed in-house for the geometry based shape search software.
- Worked for nine months on the generation of features for shape search from two-dimensional CAD drawings. Developed fast efficient algorithms for processing collinear lines, connecting disconnected and intersecting line segments, detection of thickness lines. Tested and fixed bugs in the code developed using C++ and COM.
- Worked for four months on the implementation of DXF spline to line segment functionality that involved review of theory of Bezier and B-Spline curves. Coded, tested and debugged routines to mesh a spline to a polyline on the basis of the curvature criterion using C++.
- Worked for four months on the testing of factory automation software. Designed and developed load balancing algorithms that serve as construction heuristics to solve the factory scheduling problem. Coded routines to test and improve the quality of the load balancing software using C++. Developed unit test cases using NUnit.
Confidential, Irvine, California
- Worked for four months on the development of an unstructured mesh generator for regular and trimmed surfaces. Responsibilities included software design based on functional requirements, implementation of mesh generation algorithms in C++, testing and bug fixing.
- Worked for six months on software that performs two-dimensional nesting operations and is used to program sheet metal puch presses. Initial responsibility included testing, bug and memory-leak fixing in the existing code. Subsequently came up with the functional specifications on the basis of end-user requirements, designed new module for basic geometry manipulation, cleanup of input geometry data and implemented algorithms to accomplish the desired tasks using C++.
Confidential, San Jose, California
- Worked for seven months on a project that created and displayed a tetrahedral mesh. Performed the task of writing high level routines for the in-house mesher using C++ and coding all the display routines and the graphical interface for the in-house graphics library. Involvement in this project included collaboration with Marketing and Quality Assurance on development of a functional specification as well as software design, implementation and working with Quality Assurance on testing and bug fixing.
- Worked for two weeks on a project that created an interface for reporting laminate shell data. Played the role of coding routines for the desired interface using C++.
- Involved for four months in grading and tutoring work as part of the Mechanics of Materials course.
- Involved for four months in grading and tutoring work as part of the Engineering Mechanics - Dynamics course.