- 7+ years of experience in Quality Assurance and Software Testing in various industries.
- Experience in requirement analysis, creating traceability matrix, test planning, creating test data and implementation of test suite (test plan, test scripts and test cases).
- Extensive experience in testing Client/Server and Web - based Applications
- Expertise in Automated testing tools such as Win Runner and QTP
- Expertise in Bug reporting tools such as Test Director and Quality Center
- Strong Knowledge of Agile and waterfall methodology of SDLC
- Proficient in manual and automated testing of applications on Windows and Unix environment
- Very good experience in Back-End Testing using SQL on UNIX and Windows platform to validate the consistency of data.
- Experienced verifying and enrolling members for Obamacare for FFM/CMS and SBM.
- Experienced working with 5010 transactions changes analysis, design and migration strategy.
- Have good knowledge of HIPPA versions.
- Maintained Requirement Traceability Matrix and Test summary report.
- ICD 9- ICD 10 Conversion Analysis - Worked in the analysis of the ICD 9 - ICD10 codes.
- Testing and Implementation of ICD9 - ICD 10 codes.
- Performed Gap Analysis.
- Strong Knowledge on MS Office suite, MS Visio, MS Project, and MS Access.
- Analyzed test results to ensure existing functionality and recommend corrective action where necessary. Participated in UAT and wrote Test Cases for UAT.
- Implemented Sanity Testing, Smoke Testing, White Box testing, Black Box Testing, GUI Testing, Functionality Testing, Positive and Negative Testing, Unit Testing, Security Testing, Integration Testing, System Testing, User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and Regression Testing of Web Based Applications and Client-Server Applications.
- Expertise working in Healthcare industry with Insurance, Loans, Claim Processing, Medicaid and Medicare modules as well as Interface Testing and Data Conversion.
- Expertise in Claims, Subscriber/Member, Plan/Product, Claims, Provider, Commissions and Billing Modules of Facets.
- Good working knowledge of major Operating Systems such as Windows and UNIX
- Good knowledge in Medicaid/Medicare claim processing
- Strong experience in gathering Medicaid and Medicare plan requirements from the client
- Extensive knowledge of all aspects of the Software Development Life Cycle
- Good knowledge on different modules within healthcare (Membership, billing, enrollment, Claims, providers).
- Excellent communication and writing skills with the ability to adapt to new and dynamic environments
- Good team player and can work alone with minimal or no supervision
- Experience with Medicare, Medicaid, & commercial insurances in HIPAA ANSI X12 4010, 5010 formats including 270,271, 276, 277, 835, 837, 997, NPI, ICD 9,ICD 10, for interfaces & images to clearinghouses/ trading partner applications.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work with time constraints while paying attention to details
- Proven experience in QA Strategy definition and its execution.
- Experience in analyzing business specification documents, developing test plans, defining test cases, developing and maintaining automation test scripts.
- Extensive Experience in Functional, Compatibility, GUI, Back-end, Regression, Unit, Integration, User Acceptance, Sanity, Performance (Load and Stress) Testing
- Experience in the entire SDLC right from the beginning of the requirements gathering till releasing the product in to Production environment
- Experience with Automation Tools like QTP, Load Runner, Test Complete, Silk Test, SoapUI and skills in Mobile (Smartphone) testing
- Hands-On experienced in preparation of Test Methodology (Agile, SCRUM, Iterative and Waterfall) and Test Strategy, Test plans, Test cases, Black Box/White Box testing
- Extensive experience analyzing test results and communicating via Bug tracking like Quality Center, Test Director, JIRA, Bugzilla, Test Track etc.
- Experience in Resource Management, Risk Identification and Mitigation & Test Effort Estimation
- Experience analyzing test results and communicating via Bug tracking tools Quality Center, Bugzilla and JIRA
- Work experience in all flavors of UNIX, Linux, Solaris, MAC, Windows and VMWare
- Experience as QA Analyst, UAT Tester and Onsite/Offshore Coordinator
- Excellent Leadership, Technical, Communication, Analytical, Interpersonal and Problem Solving skills
- Managed Projects within budget and on time and with highest level of quality
Operating Systems: Windows NT/2K/ME/XP/Vista/7/8, Unix, Sun Solaris 6/8/9, MAC 9-10
Technologies & Platforms: J2EE, MS .Net, Vignette, Web services, XML,IIS, Tomcat, Apache, Web Logic, Servlets, JDBC, LDAP, ATG, CQ5, Drupal
RDBMS: Oracle 7.x to 11g, MS SQL Server
Languages: C, Java, Java Script, HTML, VB Script,SQL
Version Control: MS VSS, WinCVS, SVN
QA Tools: Test Complete 10.x, HP s Load Runner 7 to 9.1, Quality Center 8 to 10, QTP 8 to 10, Win Runner 7 and 8, Silk Test 6 and 7, SoapUI 3.x, Oracle SQL Developer, JIRA
Web Browsers: IE 5 to 11, Firefox 2 to 40, Google Chrome 2 to 45, Safari 2 to 6
Defect Tracking: Quality Center 8.x to 11, Test Director 7/8, Bugzilla, JIRA 4,x to 6.x, Test Track
Confidential, Rockville, MD
- Reviewed the Business requirement, Functional Design Documents and Technical Specification documents
- Created Test Cases and Test data after analyzing the BRD
- Good Understanding of the EDI (Electronic data interchange), Implementation and Knowledge of HIPAA code sets.
- Involved in Up-gradation of HIPAA X12 4010 transactions to HIPAA X12 5010.
- Worked on HIPAA Transactions and Code Sets Standards according to the test scenarios such as 270/271, 276/277,837/834/835 transactions.
- Tested the interface between database and the application
- Tested Client/Server and Web-based Applications
- Participated in requirement walkthroughs and creation of test plan.
- Checked the data flow through the frontend to backend and used SQL Queries to extract the data from the database.
- ICD 9- ICD 10 Conversion Analysis - Worked in the analysis of the ICD 9 - ICD10 codes.
- Worked on enrolling members to FFM as x12 834 in Obamacare.
- Verified Enrollment of members for SBM and FFM as well as dependents under Obamacare.
- Uploaded the diagnosis codes, procedure codes to the related tables in test environment to verify the changes related to ICD9 - ICD10 changes.
- Verified the field length & character, which was impacted by ICD9 - ICD10 changes.
- Modified the existing claims with new ICD10 codes and ran through the changes to ensure that claims are getting paid as expected.
- Involved in writing extensive SQL Queries for back end testing oracle database.
- Involved in the processing of the claims on the NASCO and then sharing the test results with the business according to test acceptance criteria during their UAT phase.
- Gathered Data Hub requirements and responsible for creating test cases and test scripts under Quality Center Test Plan and Test Lab modules, developed automation test scripts in Quality Center
- Retrieved files using SQL statements and UNIX commands.
- Worked on legacy conversion data base systems on claims processing.
- Maintained Traceability matrix and Test Matrix
- Reviewed EDI 837 claims and flagged HIPPA noncompliant claims received from the Payer side
- Maintained various versions of Test Scripts
- Performed Sanity Testing and Smoke Testing
- Investigating software bugs and reporting to the developers using Quality Center Defect Module
- Analyzed system requirements and developed detailed test plan for testing
- Involved in the validation of variety of claims detail (i.e. subscriber, provider, procedure codes, diagnosis code etc.) on the NASCO.
- Identified and remediated system testing defects related to test claims as noted above.
- Tracked and reported defects using Quality Center.
- Generated defect reports using Quality Center for the developers.
Environment: Quality Center, HIPPA, EDI 5010, QTP, Windows, Db2, SQL, PL/SQL, Oracle 9i
Confidential, Hartford, Connecticut
- Responsible for decomposition of the requirements based on the functional specifications, design, development, coding, testing, debugging and documentation of applications to satisfy requirements.
- Prepared Test Plan and Test cases based on the functional specifications.
- Involved in writing UAT test cases.
- Performed Positive and Negative Testing manually.
- Set claim processing data for different Facets Module.
- Tested HIPAA regulations in Facets HIPAA privacy module.
- Tested and delivered Inbound/Outbound Facets interfaces.
- Executed SQL queries for searching, creating and updating test data
- Extensively involved in Data Hub Back-End Testing using Oracle SQL Server; performed daily process testing using SQL scripts execution and logged test results in Quality Center.
- Created and executed test scripts for approved Change Requests, logged their test results and related documentations in Quality Center.
- Identified, analyzed, and documented defects, errors, and inconsistencies in the application using Mercury Quality Center.
- Reported defects according to Defect Life Cycle.
- Responsible for defect tracking and bug reporting using Quality Center; interacted with developers and Business Analysts to discuss and resolve defects
- Created and Maintained Test Matrix and Traceability Matrix and performed GAP Analysis.
- Coordinated with the developers on Defects Status on a regular basis.
- Involved in User Acceptance Testing.
- Worked in the analysis of the ICD 9 - ICD10 codes.
- UAT testing for HIPAA 4010 and 5010 projects including legacy testing and HIPAA requirements and compliance mandates.
- Inspected and worked on HTTP web services application and on SOAPUI.
- Analyzed all the bugs in the QC reported by the users during the UAT.
- Performed feedback concerning completeness and accuracy of AUT.
- Involved in documenting the defects found during AUT.
- Participate in various meeting and discussed Enhancement and Modification request.
Environment: Oracle, Facets, Windows, IIS, Quality Center, DB2
Confidential, Buffalo, New York
- Analyzed the system requirement specifications and developed appropriate test plans, test cases test scripts and executed testing.
- Worked on claim processing module, which involved Receipt and Verification of Claim Forms (837) and Claims Adjudication, Health Claim Payment/Advice (835) as per HIPAA guidelines.
- Designed and documented test plan, test strategies, test cases in Test Manager by evaluating the requirement document in RequisitePro and performed hands-on testing for complex test conditions, scenarios and scripts so HIPAA transactions in EDI formats are verified.
- Validated and analyzed EDI outbound and inbound Transactions.
- Executed test cases for the existing market’s various lines of business. (The test cases covered: Authorization of claims, Accumulator, Benefits, Claim Payment and Pricing, as well as member and provider data updates)
- Validated the application against the expected results by inserting Database, Bitmap and GUI checkpoints.
- Performed data-driven testing to read test input data from an Excel File so as to test the application with different positive and negative data.
- Performed QA Acceptance testing for test workflows with business users and performed data encryption testing as per HIPAA guidelines to ensure the privacy, security and confidentiality.
- Extensively used QC for defect reporting and tracking and prioritizing defects and enhancement requests after base lining the requirements.
- Attended change request meetings to document changes and implemented procedures to test changes.
- Involved in continual improvement of automation test scripts to provide improved QA of testing processes and to reduce whole testing cycle time.
Confidential, NewYork, New York
- Prepared Test Plan and Test Cases Sprint wise
- Performed and managed Manual Testing includes Functional, Integration, Configuration/ Cross-Browsers, Database, Smoke/Sanity, Regression and User Acceptance (UAT)
- QA and UAT cycle management via JIRA
- Conducted QA Triage meeting on daily basis for effective defects management
- Defects tracking using JIRA
- Defined and implemented training plans for QA team members both onsite and offshore
- Defined and Implemented QA processes and Defect Life Cycle
- Conducted QA project planning, resource management, defects tracking and daily work status
- Defined project testing strategies and implemented them by coordinating with QA Manager
- Prepared various Dashboards for test execution, defect tracking and overall project traceability
- Prepared and executed JMeter scripts for the Performance and Load testing
Environment: Liferay Portal, JAVA/J2EE, HTML, XML, CMDB, SVN, Adobe’s CQ5, SVN, Jenkins, LDAP, Win 7, MAC OS 10, MS Office, IE 8/9, Firefox, Safari, Google Chrome, JIRA, JMeter
Confidential, NewYork, New York
- Review of business capabilities and based on that derived testing requirements
- Preparation of QA Project Plans, Test Plans, Test Cases and Test Scripts
- Defined release testing strategies and their implementation
- Calculated LOE and derived Milestones for each Release
- Independently handled testing life cycles for more than one eCommerce releases at any given point of time
- Manual Execution of Functional, Configuration, Integration, Validation, Verification, Database (backend testing by mean of SQL Queries like Inner/Outer joins) User Acceptance, Regression and Sanity tests for eCommerce System and Websites against Stage & PROD environments
- Defect Tracking and Management using HP's Quality Center 9.2/10.0 & Documented validation/verification results in Test Analysis Report.
- For each project/release, verified that the all the project/release criteria have been met for successful launch.
- Prepared and Executed automated Smoke Tests using HP's QTP 10.0
- Prepared and Executed Load/Performance Tests using HP's Load Runner 9.1
Environment: ATG eCommerce System, Java/J2EE, Web Services, VB Script, HTML, XML, Oracle 9.x, SQL Server, Toad, Win2K/XP/Vista/Win7, Unix, Sun Solaris, MAC OS 9/10, MS Office, IE 6/7/8, Firefox, Safari, Google Chrome, HP's QTP 10.0, HP's Load Runner 9.1, HP's Quality Center 9.2/10.0, JIRA, Tortoise SVN