- 8 years of professional experience in Informational Technology (IT) with emphasis in Quality Assurance ( QA ). Automation Testing using Selenium - Java, Smoke, Functional, GUI, Regression and User Acceptance Testing .
- Firm knowledge in different phases of Software Testing and Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC) and Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) including Agile and Waterfall Methodologies.
- Expertise in White Box Testing, Manual Testing, Automated Testing using tools Android Automation, iOS Automation, Selenium IDE / RC/ WebDriver / Grid, JUnit, TestNG, Maven, Jenkins and Postman.
- Good experience on Mobile Automation using Appium and Selenium Automation using WebDriver
- Experienced in developing and maintaining Test Planning, Test Scenarios, Test Case Design, Test Script Development, Test Environment Setup, Test Data Setup, Defect Management, Test Result and Traceability Matrix.
- Proven ability in designing and creating automation frameworks using Java, Selenium WebDriver, Junit, TestNG, Appium, Protractor, Jasmine, Maven, ANT, QTP, Hudson, Jenkins and Jmeter
- Experienced of creating, modifying and maintaining new and existing Auto of creating of creating, modifying and maintaining, modifying new and existing automation framework models (BDD/TDD/ATDD, Hybrid keyword and Data Driven Frameworks).
- Good Expertise in Schedule jobs via Jenkins (Continuous Delivery) and Continuous Integration for automating the build and deploy processes allowing significant increase in test automation. Monitoring the jobs scheduled jobs.
- Skilled in Bug Reporting and Management using Jira, Quality Center, Rational Clear Quest and MS Excel.
- Good experience working closely with Users, Business Analysts, Project Managers, and Developers to understand requirements, business processes for testing and attended regular walkthroughs.
- Proficient in writing SQL queries to perform backend data validations.
- Excellent experience with source version control tools such as Subversion (SVN), TFS & GIT.
- Experience programming in Java and SQL on Windows XP, Vista Operating Systems and Mac environments.
- Worked on testing applications on different browsers like IE, Firefox, Android, Safari and Chrome
- Experience include Unit testing, Functional testing, User Acceptance Testing, Integration testing, System testing, browser compatibility testing & Security testing of client/server and Web base Applications.
- Expertise in using various defect-reporting and defect-tracking tools like JIRA, Rally, Bugzilla, and HP ALM .
- Experience in writing good quality object - oriented code for testing purposes by following industry standard java coding standards.
- Experience in client meetings to study and analyze the requirements for the new functionalities and changes & coordinating with the team members.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, proven team player with an analytical bent to problem solving and delivering under high stress environment.
- Good analytical, presentation and communication skills and Experience in handling multiple projects at the same time within deadlines.
- Quality oriented mind set up with Test to Break Attitude and Tactful & Diplomatic Behavior.
Sr. QA Analyst
Confidential, Carmel, IN
- Involved automated scenarios using Selenium Web Driver with Cucumber JVM.
- Reviewed requirements and attended meetings to understand the business functionality .
- Created feature files and test scenarios for business features.
- Was involved in the script design activities of Serenity Program which involved multiple applications which in turn enabled us to test the functionalities end to end.
- As part of this program, I did the requirement analysis, feasibility & Effort Estimation for Automation and a detailed Automation Test strategy was presented to the client.
- The Automated Applications were configured in Jenkins and the regression suite was run every month through Jenkins in Selenium Grid and the ROI was captured and presented to the client.
- Browser Compatibility Testing was done and the applications were certified in Firefox, IE & Chrome.
- The code was checked in SVN (version control tool) to make sure we do not lose any code or data due to system crash and data corruption.
- Managed a team of 4(Offshore) for the serenity program and made sure that a quality product was delivered on time.
Environment: HP QTP, HP QC, Selenium, Jenkins, ALM, VB Script
Sr. QA Analyst
Confidential, Chicago, IL
- Worked in Agile/Scrum methodology & performed agile testing to check entire functionality of application.
- Involved in preparing Master Test Plans, QA metrics and mentoring the team in testing methodologies.
- Managed life cycle of automation project involving in hosting the automation meetings, coordinating, gathering the automation requirements, defining the scope of automation testing.
- Developed the automated test script for regression test suite in an application by using Selenium tool.
- Experience with Performance testing of frontend and backend systems.
- Identify and recommend performance testing tools to be used to meet client requirements.
- Created automation framework using Data Driven framework to test web application. Thorough understanding of POM using page factory.
- Worked on Selenium WebDriver automation script in Java for cross browser testing. Used testing annotations to group the test methods and for cross browser.
- Involved in Web Application GUI automation creating regression suites using Selenium Web Driver, JUnit/TestNG, and Eclipse.
- Used Data Driven Framework with Page Object Model and extracted data from external Excel files using Apache POI an nd loaded into the variables in the scripted code.
- Developed test scripts to fetch test data from Excel using Apache POI API.
- Used Fire path and Firebug Firefox plugins for identifying all the web elements using locators.
- Developed Java Test scripts using TestNG annotations.
- Maintaining the Selenium and Java automation code and resources in the GIT Hub source control.
- Wrote Selenium script for taking screen shots using Extent Reports API and implemented action class to perform mouse movement.
- Designed and Built Automation Framework from scratch using Selenium WebDriver, Eclipse, TestNG and Java in Windows platform.
- Managed individual sprints user stories and tasks using JIRA as tracking tool.
- Interacted with the Subject Matter Experts (SME) and Business Analyst to get a better understanding of client business processes and gather requirements.
- Attended weekly design meetings to understand the application and specific new or modified features.
- Analyzed functional requirements and design specifications to ensure that application meets all technical and business requirements.
- Configured Jenkins built job for continues integration and for regression testing.
- Reviewed database test cases according to assigned requirements to validate reports by retrieving data with complex SQL queries from SQL Server database .
- Participated in sprint planning, execution, testing and releases in Agile/Rapid Methodology.
- Performed System Testing, GUI Testing, Integration Testing, Functional and Regression Testing.
- Used Junit and TestNG as testing framework and Maven for project building.
Environment: Selenium WebDriver, Selenium IDE, Jenkins, HTML, XML, JIRA, Microsoft Office, Cucumber, Eclipse, JUnit, Maven, TestNG, SQL Server, Agile, Windows, GIT Hub
QA Analyst (Mobile)
Confidential, Seattle, WA
- Analyzed the Business requirements and closely worked with the Business Team to get the clarifications addressed.
- Reviewed product requirement documents, functional specifications, and involved in developing test strategy, test plan and test case documents.
- Wrote Features, Scenarios, Step Definitions for BDD to implement the User Acceptance Criteria using Cucumber Gherkin.
- Involved in developing Selenium Automation Framework using TestNG. Developed Maven targets to execute automation suites from command line.
- Wrote test cases to handle Alerts on the web page with the help of Alert interface.
- Used Firebug/Fire Path Add-on tools to identify the Object’s id, Name, XPath, link in the application.
- Performed Data driven testing using Selenium, TestNG Data provider and excel sheets.
- Performed Continuous integration automation using Jenkins and configured the schedule for automatic triggering.
- Created Test Scripts in SOAPUI for Testing Web Services.
- Performed cross browser testing on different Operating Systems like Windows, Linux and Mac and on different browsers like Internet explorer, Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari and Opera.
- Regression testing was performed after each build release of the application and updated the Scripts by executing the Regression suites built using Selenium.
- Performed back end testing by writing and executing SQL queries to validate the data is being populated in appropriate tables.
- Performed agile testing, reviewed the stories and participated in Daily Scrum, Sprint Planning and Release Planning meeting and used Rally Tool.
- Participated in peer review with team and developers to review test cases/test scripts.
- Performed System, Integration, Smoke, Functional, End to End, Positive and Negative and monitored the behavior of the applications during different phases of testing.
- Planning for Test Execution activities to accomplish tasks on daily/weekly basis.
Environment: Java, Selenium WebDriver, Cucumber, TestNG, Maven, Firebug, Firepath, Jenkins, SOAPUI, Agile, Rally, Oracle.
Sr. QA Analyst
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
- Gathered requirements documents such as business requirements and design document and other related documents.
- Prepared Test Plan, test Cases, Test scripts and Test data for the application as well as for the database verification based on the functional requirements and test specs.
- Created and enhanced numerous test scripts to handle changes in the objects, in the tested application’s GUI and in the testing environment using Selenium WebDriver.
- Used Java as client library for Selenium and WebDriver to design and developed Automation test Framework using Junit.
- Extensively involved in writing and testing the test cases using Junit.
- Wrote and executed automated test cases using Selenium WebDriver to automate manual testing solutions.
- Tested compatibility of application for dynamic and static content under various cross browsers using HTML IDs and XPath in Selenium.
- Configured Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Ant tool and created Selenium automation scripts in java.
- Involved in the Continuous Integration of the automation framework with Jenkins.
- Used Selenium WebDriver to interact with the browser and simulate the operation on the browser.
- Used Core Java to write Selenium Web Driver scripts.
- Involved in tracking and reporting defects using Quality Center and was also responsible for communicating the status to the development team.
- Evaluated automated tools available for service testing and implemented suitable tools, automation framework into the development/QA pipeline alongside the existing waterfall methodology used by the team.
- Extensively used SQL for retrieving data used for the data warehouse, Data Driven Tests to validate the same scenario with different test data.
- Actively participated in daily Scrum meetings and involved in bi-weekly Sprint releases.
- Interacted with other external teams for environment/license issues, external services availability and work towards resolution.
Environment: Core Java, Selenium WebDriver, Junit, Ant, Jenkins, Cucumber, Soap UI, Quality Center, agile, XPath, Firebug, XML, HTML, Java Script, SQL, Oracle, Windows.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
- Extensively involved in all stages of testing life cycle, TDD methodologies, SDLC using Waterfall, Agile/Scrum methodologies.
- Involved in analyzing system specifications, design, development and execution of test plans and test cases for Manual and Automated testing.
- Designed, developed and implemented POM based automation testing framework utilizing Java, TestNG and Selenium WebDriver .
- Implemented simulator for mobile app testing in IOS using Appium Tool.
- Used Appium to facilitate mobile testing by creating mobile Driver class with the required Mobile capabilities.
- Implemented Appium Scripts to test iOS and Android platforms.
- Involved in automation scripts for mobile native applications using Appium, Java and Selenium .
- Responsible in Developing Web Applications on Selenium WebDriver, TestNG Framework and Appium Automation Framework for mobile application.
- Performed the mobile testing in different platforms like IOS and Android using Appium.
- Testing push notifications in IOS and Android devices.
- Developed custom libraries for automation using JAVA & Selenium WebDriver.
- Involved in design and implementation of Selenium WebDriver automation framework for smoke and regression test suites (TestNG).
- Used Appium for mobile app testing Android and iOS .
- Used IOS simulator (on xCode) to make sure the app works on all devices and there no UI issues.
- Used Android SDK and set up mobile device Emulator to test application and to get log files.
- Tested application and filed defects using Quality Center/ALM and TFS.
- Involved in Mobile Testing includes App Testing.
- Tested automation for web application using Cucumber.
- Very good experience in API Testing both SOAP and RESTAPI using open source tools like Rest Assured or Java coding.
- Used SOAP UI tool to test SOA based architecture application to test SOAP services and REST API, rest assured frameworks.
- Develop Restful Web Service testing framework with open source REST Assured and TestNG to build robust and scalable web service testing.
- Worked on Rest assured and http client for automated Java API testing.
- Worked with Source version control tool such as Git.
- Involved in testing Web services and XML with tool called SOAP UI and using this tool to locate WSDL file on internet, create Test cases and run them.
- Worked on developing scripts to automate Rest API using PowerShell .
- Designed REST/HTTP, SOAP APIs, including JSON data formats and API versioning strategy.
- Used TestNG Annotations in Selenium Web Driver in Python and executed a batch of tests as testing suite.
Environment: Java, Selenium WebDriver, Agile/Scrum, IOS ANDROID Applications, TestNG, Jenkins, XPath, Eclipse, SOAP UI, JIRA, Git, Firebug, HTML, XML, CSS, Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, SQL, Windows, POI, IOS Simulator, Emulator.