- I have around 8 years of experience in IT as a Senior QA Automation Engineer in Software Testing, proficient in Client/Server and Web - based applications. Expert in Automation Testing, API Testing, Mobile Testing and Manual Testing. Experience in performing clerical and administrative tasks and providing excellent customer support. Proficient in software issues identification and documentation.
- Proficient in using Selenium tool for web application and automating regression test cases using Selenium WebDriver.
- Expertise in different phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC) including methodologies like Agile and Waterfall.
- Actively involved in Scrum Methodology for the project from requirements through delivery of the project.
- Hands-on experience in the preparation of Test Plans, Test Cases, Test Reports, Requirement Traceability Matrix.
- Strong Experience in Java Programming, Selenium WebDriver and TestNG.
- Writing Test cases using Element locators, WebDriver methods with Java and C# programming features.
- Expertise in Protractor Automation testing for both Angular and Non-Angular pages.
- Implemented Jasmine as a testing framework for Protractor.
- Expertise in performing Functional Testing, Integration Testing and Regression Testing.
- Ability to perform Compatibility testing with different browsers like Firefox, Chrome, IE, Safari and with different operating systems like Windows, Mac OS, Android, iOS.
- Experience working on Page Object Model with Page Factory design in Selenium.
- Experience in using Selenium Grid and Sauce labs for Cross-Browser and Compatibility Testing to test whether the web applications are working as desired in different browsers and environments.
- Developed Test Scripts to implement Features, Test Scenarios and Step-Definition for BDD (Behaviour Driven Development) using Cucumber (Gherkins format).
- Expertise in Core Java, C# and Object-Oriented Concepts.
- Good hands-on experience on various test management tools like Jira, HP ALM (Quality Centre), SpiraTeam.
- Hands-on experience with all levels of testing viz., Integration, Regression, Smoke, Sanity, Functional Testing, System testing and UAT.
- Good Exposure to Testing Life Cycle and Bug Life Cycle.
- Experience in developing Selenium automation framework using TestNG and developing Maven targets to execute automation suites.
- Used Log4j and its components such as Loggers and Appenders to log information.
- Experience in doing automation testing for Mobile application using Appium tool and Perfecto mobile software, which involves IOS and ANDROID platforms.
- Performed functional testing of web services using SOAPUI and RESTful web services. Added assertions to validate the XML file and JSON file.
- Maintained the Selenium & JAVA automation code and resources in configuration management tools like GitHub, SVN and TFS repository over the time for improvements and new features.
- Responsible for developing the scripts to support Jenkins (Continuous Integration) of the scripts with the build server.
- Performed Database Testing with SQL and automated Data Validations using JDBC.
- Conduct Test case reviews, provide project related status reporting, coordinate all release planning and lead the testing team through all project phases.
TEST APPROACHES: Waterfall, V-Model, Agile/Scrum
TESTING TOOLS: Selenium WebDriver, Selenium IDE, Selenium RC, Selenium Grid, Junit, TestNG, NUnit, Cucumber, JBehave, Specflow, Appium, Perfecto, Protractor, Jasmine, Mocha, HP QTP, SoapUI, Postman tool, Swagger UI, REST Assured, LISA.
FRAMEWORKS: Data Driven, Hybrid, Page Object Model, BDD, TDD
DOMAIN KNOWLEDGE: Health Care, Insurance, Finance, Banking, Communication and Media, E-commerce, Booking Portal.
DATABASE: MySQL, Oracle, SQL Server, Toad.
BUILD, CI & VERSION CONTROL TOOLS: Maven, Ant, Jenkins, GitHub, SVN, TFS.
DEFECT MANAGEMENT TOOLS: JIRA, HP ALM (Quality Center), SpiraTeam.
BROWSERS: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Chrome, Edge, Safari.
OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows XP/7/8/10, UNIX, LINUX, Ubuntu, MAC, iOS, Android.
MS OFFICE TOOLS: MS Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Project, MS Access
FUNCTIONAL: Creating Test Strategy, Test Plan, Test Cases, Test data and Test Execution, and managing defects, generating test execution score cards and test dashboards.
Confidential, RALEIGH, NC
SENIOR QA AUTOMATION ENGINEER
- Developed Test Scripts to implement Test Cases, Test Scenarios, and features for BDD (Behaviour Driven Development) in Gherkins format and automated them with Selenium WebDriver.
- Experience in automating regression test cases in Selenium WebDriver using Java, C#.
- Assessed and analysed user stories and participated in Sprint Planning, Review Sessions & daily Scrum meetings. Developed Test Scenarios, Test cases, Test data and Test reports.
- Attended stand-up calls on daily basis and had two-week Sprints in Agile methodology.
- Performed Parallel and Cross Browser testing on different browsers like Internet Explorer, Chrome, and Firefox where multiple tests were run at the same time using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG.
- Worked on Data Driven/Page Object Model Framework using page factory and extracted data from external Excel files using Apache POI and loaded into the variables in the scripted code.
- Performed Selenium Synchronization using Explicit & Implicit waits to make sure that the pages are being loaded correctly.
- Application Screenshots are captured using TakeScreenshotAs and copied the images whenever an exception occurs and at any checkpoint while execution.
- Handled various Alerts using different methods such as dismiss, accept, get Text in effective way depending on the requirement.
- Wrote test cases to handle Popup windows and Alerts in View Report module using WebDriver and Alert interface class.
- Experienced in developing the test scripts to test Angular application in Protractor with Jasmine testing framework.
- Prepared Test strategy, Test plan, Test scenarios, Test cases, Test data and Test Reports for an Angular JS application to cover End-to-End Functional testing.
- Worked on Maven for build and dependency management where I have added different dependencies such as apache poi/TestNG/Maven-plugin-api etc. according to the requirement.
- Established connectivity between the Java Programming language and a wide range of databases using JDBC .
- Responsible for developing the scripts to support Jenkins (Continuous Integration) of the scripts with the build server.
- Used GitHub and Team Foundation Server to maintain and manage the build scripts, test data used, and other documents related to the project.
- Used JIRA as a defect tracking tool and for project management.
- Performed functional testing of web services using SOAPUI and automated RESTful web services testing using REST Assured.
- Tested the mobile application of the health care functionality using Appium for IOS and Android Apps.
- Involved in testing Native, Hybrid and Mobile applications for IOS and Android devices.
- Performed Cross Browser and parallel testing to test the applications are working as desired in different browsers and environments.
- Expertise in Smoke testing, Regression testing, System Testing and UAT.
- V eri ed the int egr ation of v arious c omponen ts in the applic ation and e x ecut ed end-t o-end t esting.
- P articipat ed in R elease R e vie w/R equir emen t Analy sis and Design r e vie w meetings.
Confidential, DALLAS, TX
SENIOR QA ENGINEER
- Worked with Product, Design, and Engineering teams on requirements gathering and evaluation.
- Participate in product design reviews to provide input on functional requirements, product designs, test estimates, schedules and potential risks.
- Performed Regression testing to make sure that the operations staff can see the aircraft-to-ATC communication in clear text.
- Extensive Knowledge in Agile Methodology and participated in Sprint planning, Sprint Retrospective, Product Backlog Refinement and daily Scrum meetings.
- Experience in automating regression test cases using Selenium WebDriver in Java, C#.
- Extensively used Selenium APIs such as Take Screenshot for Capturing Failed test cases, select for selecting multiple values from a list, Action for various key and mouse event, with different Locators (XPath, CSS, id, Link text).
- Involved in writing Gherkin scripts as part of product design.
- Test automation for a web application using Cucumber.
- Involved in the performance testing of the application using JMeter, hitting the server by passing the maximum number of users for the application and observing the behaviour.
- Tested Angular Application with Jasmine testing framework and Protractor. Used TypeScript for automation.
- Implemented automation using Selenium Grid and Sauce Labs to perform cross browser testing.
- Maintained the Selenium & Java Automation Code and resources in source controls like Git, Jenkins for improvements and new features.
- Involved in Web Services testing using Postman Tool. Validated request and the response in XML and JSON format. Added assertions to validate the XML and JSON in Web services RESTFUL service.
- Designed Hybrid Appium Test Automation framework , Page Object Model for Mobile application (Android/ iOS apps).
- Involved in developing the automation script for Mobile Native applications (iOS, Android) using Appium, Java .
- Used GitHub as a source repository system to share code within the office.
- Used Object Oriented Programming concepts while developing the automation test scripts.
- Experienced in handling the exceptions and used package and collections in java.
- Interacted with the development configuration and operations team to ensure the quality of software to user expectations.
Confidential, PHILADELPHIA, PA
QUALITY ASSURANCE ENGINEER
- Understanding the requirements and functional specifications of the application services.
- Performed Regression testing for new builds and every modification in the application using Selenium WebDriver.
- Testing performed with the automation tools like Selenium WebDriver, SOAPUI and LISA.
- Used Firebug and Fire Path to identify the Object's id, Name, XPath, CSS Selectors in the application.
- Performed cross-browser testing using Sauce labs.
- Implemented automation using Selenium Grid to perform testing on multiple devices.
- Responsible for updating and maintenance of existing selenium scripts.
- Performed testing on web services using SOAPUI with XML web services and SOAP.
- Created positive and negative assertions based on the business requirements.
- Performed Data Driven testing using SOAPUI.
- Participated in identifying the Test scenarios and designing the Test cases.
- Prepared and Executed Test cases as per System Requirements
- Involved in GUI, Functional, Regression testing and System testing.
- Defect tracking and Reporting.
- Involved in weekly review meetings.
Environment:: Java, Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, XPath, Firebug, Fire Path, Eclipse, LISA, Data Driven Framework, SoapUI, ANT, Sauce Labs, Maven, GitHub, SpiraTeam, Jenkins, Agile, Appium, Oracle
- Attended Weekly Status meetings, Walkthrough meetings, QA meetings, and bug review meetings.
- Involved in the Kick off meeting.
- Test scripts are automated, created and executed using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG.
- Test data required for the Automated test scripts are created in MS Excel.
- Used various classes of Selenium like Alerts, select to handle various scenarios
- Dynamic Xpath has been written to handle hidden and dynamic web Elements.
- Sync points are used wherever necessary to make the scripts pass.
- Used Java as a programming language with Selenium to test web application.
- After execution, generated test reports have been shared with all the team members.
- Identified defects have been logged in Defect tracking tool HP Quality Center.
- Defect triage meeting had been conducted to discuss the status of the defects regularly.
- Test and Run various APIs as part of System Integration Testing.
- Used SVN to maintain and manage the build scripts, test data used, and other documents related to the project.
- Used Quality Center to store all testing results, metrics, implemented test plan document, created test cases, Defect tracking and reporting.
Environment: Java, Selenium IDE, Selenium WebDriver, Eclipse, Oracle, TestNG, ANT, Xpath, CSS, MySQL, HP Quality Center, SVN, Windows XP.
- Extensively involved in designing functional and UI Test cases.
- Performed execution and findings for Smoke testing for each build.
- Prepared various quality documents such test traceability matrix, observation document etc.
- Worked on defect logging through HP Quality Center.
- Worked on manual testing.
- Worked and corresponded with developers and different gatherings to set and meet quality benchmarks and due dates.