- More than 11 years of IT industry experience encompassing a wide range of skill set, roles and industry verticals.
- Extensive experience in analysis, development, enhancements, performance improvements, production support, implementation and test lifecycle management of software applications including ORACLE, Teradata, Vertica database applications, Hadoop and BI Report testing in Microstrategy.
- Extensive experience in reviewing Business Requirement Documents, Software Requirement Documents and preparing Test Cases, Test scripts and Execution.
- Experience with Agile, waterfall Methodologies.
- Lead project transition from different vendor to Confidential, team building and continuous performance improvements.
- Implemented Acceptance Test Driven Development (ATDD) for Agile Process for development projects especially for Telecom, Media and entertainment, FMCG, Healthcare and Health Insurance business, Banking.
- Specialized in transferring and transforming very large datasets (upto 72 TB) to target data ware house through customized PL/SQL within minimal time.
- Worked in projects for migrating legacy data into Oracle Data Structures and SAP R - 3.
- Experience in Black box testing with a complete QA cycle - from testing, defect logging and validation of fixed bugs
- Extensive experience in Functional testing, Integration/System testing, Regression testing
- Experience in leading and managing teams. Handled multiple roles - Lead Test Analyst - ETL/Data, Team Lead, Developer, Sr. Developer, Agile Developer, Data warehouse development Lead.
- Executed software projects for Banking, Distribution and Retail, FMCG, Telecom, Media and Entertainment, Health Insurance and Healthcare, healthcare analytics and Health Insurance Exchange Plan Management.
- Experience in Metrics calculation and measurement by extracting data from Remedy AR System and monitoring SLA adherence for Application Maintenance and application Operation projects.
- Good communication skills, interpersonal skills, self-motivated, quick learner and team leader.
- Identified as a Critical resource by several Clients for suggesting process modifications and enhancement.
RDBMS: Oracle 8i / 9i / 10g / 11g, Teradata, Vertica
Languages: Oracle SQL and PL-SQL
O/S: Windows NT/2000 Server, HP-UX, Z-linux, Confidential AIX
Processes/Methods/Tools: Confidential ’s QMS (Quality Management System), BMC Remedy AR System, HP ALM, TDP
Tools: TOAD, Teradata Studio, DB Analyzer for Vertica.
Test Analyst - ETL/Data
Confidential, El Segundo, CA
- Leading the testing team at onshore ETL testing in Teradata EDW, Vertica and Oracle source systems for Confidential Capital Projects.
- Understanding customer requirements, BI Analysis Deliverable, High Level Design documents, Technical specifications for Capital Projects of Confidential Business Intelligence.
- Design and prepare the Test Plan, Test scenarios, Test cases and Requirement Traceability Metrics using HP ALM for complete end to end testing.
- Confidential is responsible for execution of the test cases in a timely fashioned way per contractual SLA between the Client and Confidential, timely reporting of the testing status to Confidential management and to the Client.
- Also, responsible for reviewing micro design documents and technical specifications and preparing issue log before commencement of test execution.
- Responsible for complete end to end test design and execution, includes, testing of source data transformation in Teradata EDW, source to target mapping, using Teradata, Oracle, Vertica and Hadoop.
- Responsible for reverse engineering of end products and analysis source data from target extract files. Preparing flow documents for different small projects under Capital project bucket.
- Coordinating with the offshore team regarding Requirement Analysis, Test Execution, documentation of the Test flow, Data Analysis of test data through regular calls.
- Confidential is proficient in implementing Agile methodologies and in Confidential, working directly with the Iteration managers’ and Product owners for implementing Agile process for testing projects.
Databases: Teradata, Oracle, Vertica
Tools: TOAD, Teradata Studio
Languages: SQL, VSQL
- Create and Review Application Design and Technical specification document. Understanding the requirements and then provide an efficient design for the application which will give significant and visible performance gain.
- Prepare Source to Target Mapping document applying business rules and logic's as per the requirement provided.
- Performance tuning of the existing and newly developed extract, transform and load process which will bring in significant and visible performance gain through customized PL-SQL programs.
- Handling very large datasets up to 45 TB through customized PL-SQL programs.
- Responsible for providing support and resolves the defects during System Integration Testing (SIT) phase and User acceptance Testing (UAT) phase
- Focus on any Emergency Fix and Change Requests with high priority.
- Prepare the release documents for scheduled task and quality documents which are required for Quality measurement.
- Assist Project Manager on the status report on daily basis
- Ensure that project standards and procedures are followed without fail and all the deliverables are delivered with good quality
- Adhere to project plans and work to complete the project within the stipulated timelines.
- Responsible for testing functional requirements implementation at Teradata source data and generation of Sightlines measure data in Oracle. Complete end to end testing of business functionalities, requirement analysis, performance testing of data transformation from Teradata to Oracle and handling very large data (up to 50 TB).
- Responsible for testing logical schemas in Sightlines Database.
- Responsible for testing of Healthcare Exchange (HIX) business functionalities implementation at Teradata source and whether the changed data is reflected as per business expectation in Sightlines Confidential (Oracle Database).
- Responsible for testing all business requirements and functional requirements, finding the gaps in transferring data from EDWard source and testing of each business requirements in Sightlines, the reporting and analytics database to test proper HIX implementation, that, states must provide consumers who do not have employer-provided insurance the ability to purchase insurance through an Affordable Insurance Exchange, for State Plan Management Systems matrix for Plan year 2015.
- Developed reusable test cases and test scripts for testing of different HIX implementation releases for Plan year 2015 which includes Data Traceability Matrix benchmark implementation on Providers for Plan year 2015. Responsible for complete end to end implementation, includes, testing of Teradata source data transformation and transfer to Sightlines (Oracle Database for Confidential ) through Informatica.
Environment: Teradata, Oracle 11g, Informatica, HP-UX.
Sr. Oracle Developer - Lead
- Responsible for data transformation and transfer from BCV copy (replica of the Billing System) to different data marts for BI reporting, performance tuning, handling issues and implementation of required business changes. Achieved significant performance gains in transferring and transforming data into BI Data Marts.
- Prepared Management Reporting Ops-Dashboard (Weekly connect Deck, Monthly Connect Deck) for incoming Service Requests/Service restorations and SLAs, reporting response SLAs and Resolution SLAs by preparing different Remedy Reports and extracting data from Remedy AR System.
- Lead the team responsible for Oracle Support applications, Oracle Development - Small Demand, development of BI Data warehouse for Billing and Usage data.
- Worked with various small demand development teams for transition of legacy applications to ATLAS (Teradata CLDM), BO Reporting.
- Lead the transitioning for Oracle BI related custom applications from HP India, Bangalore to Confidential India.
- Planning of tasks for different transition phases and ensured smooth transition from HP Team meeting all the contractual SLA.
- Preparation of Phase completion reports, negotiating with Confidential transition team and HP Transition team regarding timelines and tasks.
Environment: Oracle 10g, 11g, Teradata, UNIX, PL/SQL, Tivoli Work Load Scheduler, REMEDY
Confidential, Columbus, OH
Sr. Oracle Developer - Agile
- Development of statutory Insurance products for Confidential, 401K, 408(b2), Co- Fiduciary, Fringe Benefit and implementing the regulations.
- Implementation of AGILE methodology for all development projects and implementation of ATDD environments.
- Developing extraction, loading and transformation programs through customized PL/SQL for very large datasets (up to 63 TB) to Oracle BI Data Warehouse within contractual SLA timeline of 5.5 hrs. This data warehouse is used to measure the Healthcare data and BI Reporting of Health care measures.
- Developing validation programs in Landing Zone for source data while transformation and transferring it to the BI Reporting data warehouse.
- Coordinating with other ETL Team members and Java Team members and solving issues.
- Coordinating with the Business Team for modifications to application data for in corporation of New Business logic and new business validations of claims data.
Environment: - Oracle 10g, Oracle 11g, PL/SQL, Oracle Forms, SQR, Tivoli Workload Scheduler, RUBY, Rational Team Concert
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
Sr. Oracle Developer
- Developing extraction, loading and transformation programs through customized PL/SQL for very large datasets (up to 71 TB) to Oracle BI Data Warehouse within contractual SLA timeline of 6.5 hrs.
- Developing validation programs in Borneo Landing Zone for different source data.
- Coordinating with other ETL Team members and Java Team members and resolving development issues related to performance tuning of time taking and long running database queries and processes.
- Coordinating with the Business Team for modifications to application data for in corporation of New Business logic for handling of Loan, Mortgage and Credit Card data from different subsidiaries.
- Importing and exporting Oracle schema/users, creating different schemas for Test environments, transferring and loading test data into all test environments as per contractual SLA timeline (12 SIT environments needs to be prepared within 7 hrs) performing role of a logical DBA.
- Preparation of test data for J2EE application team for 7 pipeline databases. Also responsible for end to end test planning, deployment and configuration of Rational Quality Manager for tracking aspects of the quality assurance effort and prepared measurement of software quality and project metrics through RQM.
- Installation and configuration of Rational Team Concert for providing a collaborative environment that software development teams use to manage all aspects of Client’s work—such as plans, tasks, revision control, build management, and reporting each phases of RUP implementation.
Environment: - Oracle 10g, Oracle 11g, Tivoli Workload Scheduler
Sr. Oracle Developer
- Responsible for developing customized PL/SQL programs for transferring and transforming very large source data from different mainframe sources to Oracle BI Data Warehouse, handled 45 TB of source data and transferred the same within 4.5 hrs, which is the contractual SLA for Confidential .
- Worked with partitioning strategies in data model and implemented Interval partitioning newly introduced in Oracle 11g.
- Responsible for end to end test planning, deployment and configuration of Rational Quality Manager for tracking aspects of the quality assurance effort and prepared measurement of software quality and project metrics through RQM.
- Creating database objects required for database migration from Oracle 10g to Oracle 11g.
- Creating and implementing DDL scripts and if required implementing new DDL scripts and also creation of Implementation approach document, High Level Design Document, Technical Design Document and Implementation plan.
- Taking logical backups of existing Oracle users, creating new users, import/export schema objects, performance tuning of long running and time taking application SQL queries.
Environment: Oracle 9i / 10g and Oracle 11g, Tivoli Workload Scheduler
- Lead a team of developers in delivering solution to our customer in the Retail sector.
- Responsible for transfer and transformation of very large data (upto 34 TB) through customized PL/SQL to Confidential Global Data Warehouse and continuous performance improvement of the same.
- Single handedly handled 24x7 support for Confidential GDW from Offshore and handling critical scenario in production for 1 year and handled all the production incidents.
- Deliver new and complex high quality solutions to clients in response to varying business requirements
- Responsible for managing scope, planning, tracking, change control, aspects of the project.
- Responsible for effective communication between the Oracle GDW team and the customer. Provide day to day direction to the team and regular project status to the customer.
- Translate customer requirements into formal requirements and design documents, establish specific solutions, and leading the efforts including programming and testing that culminate in client acceptance of the results.
- Utilize in-depth knowledge of functional and Technical experience in Oracle and other leading-edge products and technology in conjunction with industry and business skills to deliver solutions to customer.
- Establish Quality Procedure for the team and continuously monitor to ensure team meets quality goals.
Environment: Oracle 9i and 10g, Tivoli Job Scheduler, HP-UX
- PL/SQL Coding using Oracle’s Partitioning and Parallelism technology for Data warehouses
- Writing Technical specifications and functional design documents for development and customization; Analyze product impact
- Coordinate and communicate tasks with developers and other Team leads.
- Ensure that development is performed as per requirements and best methodology has been chosen for optimum performance.
- Actively worked with QA to create test scripts and scenarios for development and customizations to the core product
- Communicate activities/progress to project managers / leaders
- Develop implementation and test plans, build software acceptance criteria, coordinate and work with clients to oversee the acceptance and dissemination process
Environment: Oracle 10g, Hyperion, Business Objects, Alphablox
- Implemented new performance tuning solutions to the existing code for significant performance gain.
- Developed new solutions for implementing Confidential -II benchmarks to the existing datawarehouse.
- Responsible for maintaining user access in FERMAT.
- Communicate activities/progress to project managers / leaders.
- Ensure that development is performed as per requirements and best methodology has been chosen for optimum performance.
- Solving break-fixes, high priority defects in an online transaction environment.
Environment: Oracle 10g, FERMAT