A highly skilled motivated US Citizen with 10+ years in the software development field seeking a challenging and rewarding position as a Software QA Engineer.
- Dedicated and results - oriented Quality Assurance Lead/Senior Quality Assurance Analyst/System Business Analyst with a diverse background in Auction, Aviation, Bank, Retail, Pharmacy, Insurance, and Healthcare Industries.
- Have the ability to "roll up the sleeves and get it done" working approach; demonstrate success as problem solver operating as a result-oriented, self-starter. Highly organized with the ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Expert in testing Client/Server, and internet/intranet-based business applications, and Mainframe applications. Experienced in SDLC, Software Test Lifecycle, Defect Lifecycle and Agile process, QA Methodologies, and QA validations to ensure the Quality Assurance Control.
- Setup, validation and verification of DEV, QA, Stage and production environments. Experience in designing Test Plans, defining Test Cases, generating and maintaining the test scripts, and analyzing tests Expert in performing GUI, functional, integration, system, regression, End2End, and UAT testing and data migration testing and web-service testing using Rest/Soap api and selenium testing tools.
- Expertise in problem-solving and Bug Reports using Bug Tracking Tools such as Bugzilla, Jira, ALM and QC, and Rally.
- Maintains a strong work ethic that responds proactively to aggressive and changing quality project timeliness and reduced defect risk. Self-motivated/ think "outside the box."
- Mentoring/user training, verbal and written communication.
- Works productively, flexible, and effectively as an individual and a team member. Co-ordinates activities in a fast-paced environment.
- Technical adaptability and grasps business concepts and presents complex information clearly and concisely to business and IT partners.
- Experience in managing onsite and offshore QA teams. Provided training for other teams members
QA Tools: ALM, Quality Center, Test Director, Quick Test Pro, Rally, TFS, Selenium, Jira, Bugzilla, Rest, and Soap UI.
Database: SQL server, MS Access, Oracle, DB2
Operating Systems: Unix, Windows, Mainframe.
Web Technology: Visual Basic, ASP, VB.net, Java
Confidential, Dallas, TX
- Participate in full SDLC from requirements gathering till the Production release and post-release support.
- Full Quality Ownership of STLC (Software Test Life Cycle) of the online auction web application and Yard, client- server application for Germany, Spain, and India.
- Full ownership of new major and small project releases.
- Identified the Requirement Gaps
- Validate and verify the functional, End to End, UAT, and production test scenarios as per functional Requirements.
- Identified and pro-actively raised concerns and issues.
- Perform Unit, functional, regression, End2End, data migration, and UAT, and multi-browsers System testing.
- Managed Defect Lifecycle - from creating the defect, retesting and closing the defects, including regression testing for related functionalities.
- Handled the production release support and participated in war room sessions.
- Create, Validate, Verify the DEV, QA, Pre-production and Production environments.
- Participated in data migration testing by performing the per and post-migration data validations
- Daily communication with dev, PM, BA, and UAT teams to discuss roadblocks, critical issues, and Testing status.
- Guide and worked with offshore teams.
- Provided training for other teams members
Confidential, Southlake, TX
- Handled multiple major and minor Schedule Manager Projects for various airlines with full testing ownership in JBoss and
- WebLogic environments.
- Assisted Product Owners and Business Analysts on user story elaboration and acceptance criteria.
- Worked with offshore teams (Krakow, Poland, and Bangalore, India), and Dev.team,
- .Solution Delivery and Release management in DFW HDQ to share knowledge, ensure quality and timely software releases
- Build strong working relationships across the technology group, developing a solid understanding of applications data flow, and architecture.
- Worked in two weeks sprint agile environment.
- Participated in sprint scope/planning meetings.
- Created and maintained the user stories in Project Management application - Version One.
- Conducted the Multi-user testing (MUT)/soak testing to test the application performance during the heavy load.
- Participated in demos to business, solution/delivery team, and end users.
- Set up the test environment with the current testable build.
- Uploaded the functional requirement, developed test cases as per functional requirement and acceptance criteria, map the test cases to the functional requirement, and executed test cases in ALM (Application Life Management Tool) for existing and new features of schedule Manager for Flight Display, Aircraft Flow, and Station Activity view.
- Improved and maintain the test quality by updating the test cases with new functionalities in a timely manner.
- Performed Functional, Integration, GUI, regression, MUT (Multi-user testing), release testing, on Schedule Manager
- (SAAS JAVA application) according to IATA standards using FTP, CLI, and Unix.
- Improved and maintained the software quality by tracking software defects to closure in JIRA and provided daily testing updates to the team during the daily standup sprint meeting.
- Run automation (QTP) scripts for new releases and ongoing application management releases.
- Provide on-site support to major customers (American Airline) during the release upgrade.
- Modified the existing test cases from an end-user perspective.
Confidential, Minneapolis, MN
- Managed and lead an onshore and offshore team in integrating Online banking products for Small Businesses.
- Worked concurrently on several projects, each with specific instructions that may differ from project to project.
- Ensured that quality processes were carried out through all phases of the Software Development Lifecycle.
- Executed project deliverables and tasks on time and on budget to support profitable and high-quality operations service delivery.
- Interacted with all areas of the business (Release Management, Development, Compliance, Loan Ops, etc) to ensure that QA services were effectively and consistently delivered in a first-class manner.
- Helped, trained and mentor the offshore team.
- Provided technical leadership in all QA-related activities for one or more projects/products.
- Reviewed, the test plan, test cases/scripts, and test results prepared by offshore and onshore teams, on newly developed or acquired software to evaluate its capabilities versus system requirements and documented specifications.
- Conceived and implemented changes to the test plans to ensure that all software functions were thoroughly tested.
- Provided input to development group on findings.
Confidential, Richardson, TX
- Managed and lead onshore and offshore teams in integrating pharmaceutical Rx-claims on AS400.
- Handled multiple projects from medium to high complexity with a short deadline.
- Audited Business & functional necessity documents and recognized test scenarios.
- Managed and performed hands-on project planning, auditing of system requirements, creation and certification of documentation, tracking progress metrics and defects through Mercury Quality Center and mentoring the team.
- Worked closely with business to ensure that QA has a full understanding of business objectives.
- This directly resulted in complete test coverage.
- Participated in implementing test-plans and test-cases built on high-leveled and detailed design.
- Broadly done manual testing, constraints verification testing, and the functional testing.
- Performed the Test Case walkthroughs to the offshore team, and Demo the test results with the stakeholders, PM Business, and Development.
- Cooperated and performed with offshore team and development group to resolve the difficulties came across in a test execution.
Web Senior QA Analyst
Confidential, Grapevine, TX
- Worked in agile environment two weeks sprint during the OMS (Sterling-Object Modeling System) integration with a .net based e-commerce application.
- Created the test cases in Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 and executed the test cases and log the bugs in TFS (Team Foundation Server).
- Tested the web order creation, Self-service (change cc, change handling method, cancel the order), Order history
- (Order status), functionality from various websites (gamestop.com, gamestop.ca, m.gamestop.com, OpenApi (Rest) and from soap UI).
- Verified that customer received new order confirmation email, download instruction email for DLC skus, order shipment email with a tracking number, Order is closed after the customer received the item.
- Verified web orders flow to Sterling (Call Center), Fraud check-in Cybersecure (Fraud Management Application).
- Verified Order is shipped from EFS, LFS, GFS, VFS according to the sku ship-node.
- Tested the Returned, canceled, Exchanged, and settlement in a call center and Sterling Application console.
- Provided support to the offshore team during system testing and onsite UAT team during UAT testing.
Confidential, Fort Worth, TX
- Worked with external vendors to certify the devices (ACS-Automated counting system, POS-Point of sales system and IVR-Interactive voice response) that support the EPS application.
- Sent XML files using the simulator to test the received request and respond messages while performing POS, IVR and e-Scripts certification.
- Used Telnet tool to send the flat file messages through the simulator to certify the ACS device.
- Developed/maintained all third-party interface certification programs.
- Developed/executed the test cases, and created defects in HP Quality Center 10.0 for RX-Claim projects.
- Logged the defects in Bugzilla.
- Documented project iterations and testing progress in Rally.
- Performed the back-end testing on UNIX server (Putty) and dbviz using SQL queries, for database changes.
- Used Elixir Repertoire, Java reporting software to test the reports.
- Loaded and imported rml files on the ECC (Enterprise Control Center), to the Application and server to test the labels.
- Performed regression testing using SoapUI.
- Performed functional, smoke, regression, integration, database, and exploratory testing on client-server base pharmacy application.
- Documented new functionalities and changes in existing functionalities (Release notes) on SharePoint.
- Facilitated JAD (Joint Application Development) sessions with Project Coordinator, Test Coordinators, Business
- Clients, Project management, Business Analyst teams and developers to review product requirements, design documents, and data migration and extract and load process.
- Followed Agile Methodology where Software was developed and tested in incremental, rapid cycles.
- This resulted in small, incremental releases, with each release building on previous functionality.
- Worked with customers, support and developers to troubleshoot and reproduce issues.
- Demo the product to the end users before product release.
- Lead QA projects through full software development life cycle (3-4 resources).
- Involved in testing of multiple major and flex released projects, and service desk tickets for New Business, Agency Agents, Claims, IVR, customer care smart screen, Processor one, TSO, Info Pac files, and database testing in
- Mainframe, Web, Client and Server, and E-commerce applications.
- Attended project handoff, defect review, status and release meetings to coordinate software testing work schedule requirements, and issues with the project team.
- Identified risks, dependencies, and potential roadblocks in a timely manner.
- Planned and delivered testing by performing requirements analysis, thoroughly for testability and verified that the requirements are clear, complete, detailed, and testable, developed test plans, prepared test data, defined test cases mapped test cases to client's requirements in HP Quality Center, for mainframe, AS400, MS applications internet/.Net, Web Service, Web Interface applications, Browser and security testing, GUI, client-server, and e-commerce, ACH (Lockbox) applications.
- Conducted smoke, functional/non-functional, regression, system, database, backend, and, UAT testing for various
- State Mandate projects, Auto-adjudication claims, New Business applications, New and existing claims, Sales applications, Customer service applications, Medicare, Insurance premium, and Agency fee separation, Purge agent records and policies, and POS (Point of Sale) projects for Health, life and Dental insurance.
- Ran MS SQL queries to perform database testing.
- Reported and tracked defects by providing reproducible defect reports and work with other team members to document and close issues.