- Quality Assurance Manager with over 10 years of proven experience delivering innovative software solutions in the Manufacturing, Healthcare (Medicaid), and Insurance industries. Effective leader in driving process improvements and program management through strategic skills, and collaboration with team and stakeholders.
- Certified Project Management Professional (PMP) with over 10 years of experience in Software Quality Assurance & Control.
- Well-versed with all stages of Software Development Life Cycle ( SDLC) and Software Testing Life Cycle ( STLC).
- Experience in managing Testing engagements with skills in defining Test Strategy, Test Plan, Test Data Management, Defect Management and setting up Test Center of Excellence (TCOE).
- Involved in As- Is assessment and provided the improvement opportunity as for the Testing Maturity model
- Responsible for test strategizing, planning, managing and governing multiple large projects.
- Lead large testing application programs in the area of PeopleSoft and Infrastructure applications.
- Coordinated and facilitated the Release Planning, Sprint Planning, daily Scrum meetings, and Retrospectives with the team in Agile projects. Tracked the sprint burn-down and team performance.
- Facilitated communication between the Product Owner, Technical Architects, Business Analyst, technical writers, development staff and Project owner/Sponsors across the globe, updating them on project progression, hurdles faced during the sprints and also actively participated in several meetings like defect resolution, product quality, product future releases timelines etc.
- Competencies are in Quality System Implementation, Process Mapping, ISO 9001 Implementation, CMMi, Requirements Management, Software Configuration Management (SCM), Verification, Validation, Release Management & Deployment.
- Experienced in implementing & consulting on organizational quality initiatives for the projects & program in line with SEI CMMI Model V1.1 & V1.2.
- Engagement with Business/Clients to define their Program Roadmap, Technology Roadmap and business case for new project initiatives.
- Hands-on Experience in Audits, Process Development, Implementation, Training & Facilitation.
- Extensive multi-cultural experience, having worked and travelled in the India, & USA geographies.
- Good Problem solver, Strategic thinker, Results driven, Thought leader, Customer oriented, Team leader. Effective communicator, focused, detail oriented, proven organizational skills, analytical and innovative skills.
- Lead the innovation team across various accounts in the organization.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE:
- Testing Strategy & Planning
- Client Relationship Development
- IT QA Consulting & Strategy
- Cross - Functional Partnerships
- Program Portfolio Management
- Business Vision & Development
- Process Quality Control (CMMI)
- Employee & People Management
- Change Management
- Budget & Cost Control
- Enterprise IT Solutions
Onshore & Offshore TEST MANAGER
- Develops workflow-enhancing solutions through effective program management.
- Manages multiple large projects through comprehensive direction of software development lifecycle.
- Involved with metrics, scope management, risk management, roadmap definition, release management, and testing strategy.
- Liaises with the testing and technical teams, architects to validate business, system and operational requirements through integration and development of customized test cases.
- Manages budgeting, forecasting, project costing, and profitability analysis for large engagements.
- Improves test roadmap planning through conducting feasibility studies on testing strategy.
- Utilizes exceptional communication and presentation skills to prepare and present proposals.
- Trains project leaders, team leads, business analysts, and software engineers.
- Accountable for managing human capital management functions which may include: recruitment, development, mobility, performance objective setting and performance evaluations.
- Leads 30 team members spread across onshore and offshore.
- Worked on projects for Insurance companies.
- Developed a Test Plan based on the overall testing strategy.
- Managed Integration Testing, System Testing, and Acceptance Testing, as well as Installation Testing, Compatibility Testing, Smoke and Sanity Testing, Regression Testing and Acceptance Testing.
- Managed tests data to align with test environment readiness.
- Coordinated and facilitated the Release Planning, Sprint Planning, Daily Scrum Meetings, and Retrospectives with the teams.
- Developed budget forecasts and estimates for the project operations.
- Managed project risks and delays and led mitigation plans while coordinating with the Project Management Office.
- Managed the change control process related to testing.
- Monitored the testing progress and provided guidance to the team across onshore and offshore teams.
- Performed Defect Management using HP ALM
- Defined defect SLA and classification guidelines.
- Monitored triage and escalation of issues as required to PMO.
- GO /NO Go decision maker for various testing phases in a project.
- Ensured quality and accuracy throughout the implementation process.
- Conducted feasibility studies on automation and performance testing strategy.
- Prepared Test schedule/Gantt Charts.
- Oversaw Stakeholder Management.
- Reviewed Communications management plan and RACI charts.
- Updated Lessons learned and provided update to Stakeholders.
- Performed Project closure activities.
Q UALITY ASSURANCE TEAM LEAD
- Quality Assurance Team Lead developing new Quality Management Systems.
- Utilized advanced knowledge of process mapping, requirements management, and validation.
- Utilized research and understanding of industry benchmarks to conduct gap analysis of existing process with respect to industry benchmarks.
- Defined, verified, and audited processes and artifacts to ensure appropriate standard compliance and risk management.
- Drove Process Improvements through key contributions to CEPG.
- Cultivated productive relationships with key stakeholders and provided process training.
- Published SQA reports for senior management, including Process Compliance Index, Risk, and Metrics Analysis.
Quality Assurance Manager and CONSULTANT
- Applied advanced industry knowledge to drive process optimization through accurate research, analysis, and reporting.
- Managed Gap analysis, metrics development, and process definition with a constant focus toward process improvement.
- Performed root cause analysis and gate reviews.
- Reviewed process deliverables and artifacts.
- Responsible for overall quality assurance plan.
- Participated in development / definition of organizational quality policies, procedures, standards, guidelines and checklist.
- Drove improvement opportunities through As-Is business assessment, Testing Maturity modeling, and test case development.
- Contributed to Quality Management reviews.
- Supported Quality Assurance through team review of project artifacts, tailoring, query handling, and audits.
- Involved with staff and stakeholder training.