Software Quality Verification, Validation and Lead Test Engineer for medical device, telecommunications, and engineering applications, with particular expertise in analyzing, writing and executing both manual and automated test plans and procedures, including testing multi - lingual text/audio GUI requirements for embedded and non-embedded software. Writes and analyzes software test requirements, plans and procedures for testability, legibility, and traceability. Possesses a firm MIT mathematical foundation in statistical analysis, algorithm design, and software development/analysis practices.
- Windows 7 & 10, Macintosh, Unisys, Honeywell and VAX/VMS mainframe JCL.
- Center (QC), Microsoft TFS, Rally, MATLAB, HTML/DHTML, Java, C/C++, Visual Basic GUI, OracleMS SQL Server, MySQL, FORTRAN, R, and M.
Confidential, Wilmington, MA
SOFTWARE QA ENGINEER
- Performed daily manual testing (GUI and performance validation) of the software/hardware system
- Designed, created, and implemented a Software Quality process (using QMS Concepts) for the project.
- Produced extensive documentation where there was no prior documentation, including the Software
- Requirements Specification, all Software Test Procedure documents, Validation Plans, Agile-style User
- Stories, and a User’s Manual for system operation and system calibration.
- Established guidelines and advocated proper bug-reporting standards for defect replication and resolution
- Implemented a framework for Configuration Management of the software releases, development code versions, peer code/test reviews, release preparation, and new feature proposals /implementation, and
- Conducted a weekly SQA Status Report Meeting, attended by all team members and managers.
Confidential, Chelmsford, MA
SENIOR SOFTWARE QUALITY ASSURANCE ENGINEER
- Performed the analysis, writing and execution of manual and automated multi-lingual GUI and performance test plans and procedures (by modifying and producing Python automated test scripts), performed regression and DB testing, and reported test metrics and status reports for the release under test.
- As an integral team member, applied expertise daily to analyze software test requirements, validation plans and procedures for security, and traceability.
- Assembled the test equipment suite (simulators of Confidential waveforms, Blood Pressure levels, Respiration activity, SpO2 and CO2 measurements) to perform hands-on testing of Confidential ’s X-Series Defibrillator software, participated in the calibration of equipment, and composed a comprehensive report of the test results and validation output data tables.
- Used a firm MIT mathematical foundation in statistical analysis, algorithms, and software development practices to utilize SDLC tools, including bug reporting and tracking, code repository control, and requirements management and maintenance.
Confidential, Lowell, MA
SENIOR SOFTWARE QUALITY ASSURANCE ENGINEER
- Performed Software Quality testing and Computer System Validation ( Confidential ) of a clinical cardiac system for the monitoring, management, analysis, and worldwide sharing of electrophysiological proceduresdiagnoses, and pharmaceutical dosages.
- Employed QMS rules and guidelines.
- Using Linux, supported development by developing validation plans, executing performance test cases, analyzing test resultsdefects, and tracking bugs using HP Quality Center (QC).
- Worked with a development team in India to ensure that tests and defect repair were thorough in addressing validation plans and requirements.
- Performed testing of enterprise and SAAS applications using industry-standard signal generators and patient simulators.
Confidential, Everett, MA
SOFTWARE VERIFICATION AND VALIDATION ENGINEER
- Performed Software Quality functions for the testing of the embedded software operating within a medical device.
- Developed validation plans and procedures for V&V of the software performance (load, security, GUIand database testing) of the AutoCAT3 WAVE Intra-Aortic Balloon Pump System, using IBM Rational DOORS in a UNIX/Linux environment, VMWare virtual Environment, QMS, LabView, and the METATAB statistical package.
- Developed software validation plans and procedures to test the perfomance and scalability of software of unknown provenance (SOUP).
Confidential, Burlington, MA
SENIOR SOFTWARE QUALITY ENGINEER
- Performed Software Quality functions for the testing of the embedded software within a medical device.
- In a Unix/Linux environment, developed test plans and procedures to validate, verify, and analyze the software algorithms which drive the normal operations and alarm management of the medical device. Reviewed User
- Needs/Stories and Requirements documents for correctness and testability, and using a traceability matrix determined and tracked relationships between user needs and test specifications. Participated in QMS implementation and usage. Investigated the use of Bayesian statistical methods to perform risk assessment.
Confidential, Cambridge, MA
SOFTWARE QUALITY ASSURANCE ENGINEER
- Performed all Software Quality functions for anEnergy Efficiency firm.
- Using Rally, wrote validation plansspecifications, and procedures for mobile web-based applications (iPad, Java, C#, XML, .NET), performed mobile platform security and performance testing in an Agile/Scrum environment, and maintained defect tracking and configuration management with Microsoft TFS.
- Performed performance and scalability testing on the system.
- Wrote SQL queries for back-end data validation.
- Diligence and SQA Best Practices led to the successful release of a web server based mobile software system.
Confidential, Boston, MA
R&D SOFTWARE QUALITY ENGINEER
- As the sole SQA Engineer, performed all Software Quality functions for a Marketing Research firm, including security, GUI, performance, and scalability testing. Wrote software test specifications, plans, and procedures.
- Performed software (C#, XML, .NET) testing and defect tracking. Authored a software training manual. Wrote
- Java code for data creation. In a Unix/Linux environment, by using SQL DB testing and Python scriptsvalidated biometric measurements to analyze emotional responses to audio-visual materials. Achieved the successful first release of a key product (Sensus), with no bugs reported for 6 weeks after its deployment.
- Converted the manual software test suite into a format usable by non-technical agents.