- Skilled and detailed - oriented civil quality control professional with extensive experience of 28 years in site supervision and management, inspection, and quality control. Civil Engineering Technology with expertise in supervising civil and structural engineering and ground works construction.
- Skilled in liaising with supervisors, superintendents, engineers, and project stakeholders to ensure adherence of deliverables to correct quality standards and regulations.
- Expert in coordinating between construction team and contractor on QA/QC activities.
- Remarkable ability to resolve operational problems and steer process improvements while following production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards.
- Competent in meeting construction budget while preparing estimates, monitoring expenses, and implementing cost-saving actions.
- Adept in enabling safe, secure, and healthy work environment while complying with legal regulations.
- Proficient in ensuring apt usage of approved materials while communicating with site engineer and project manager.
- Excellent communicator, fluent in English and French.
Troubleshooting and Problem Resolution Inspection and Maintenance Project Execution Documentation and Reporting Supplier/Contractor Management Planning and Scheduling Monitoring and Controlling Risk Management Reviewing Work Performance Estimation and Testing Materials/Equipment Acquisition
- Quality Control/Assurance - Expert in compiling inspection test plan as required by specification to enable proper execution of work to desired quality. Planning, managing, monitoring, and controlling project quality from pre-development to post-development stage to meet approved standards on quality, cost, and time. Handling quality control on actual construction particularly within the civil/structural engineering and groundworks construction.
- Supervision and Coordination - Competent in managing personnel and steering assigned project activities to set organizational guidelines and work requirements. Directing execution of civil construction operations in accordance with defined quality plan, requirements, and specifications.
- Compliance and Safety - Hands-on experience in planning, managing, and overseeing projects within stipulated timeframes and budgets as well as in compliance with defined quality and operational (health and safety) standards.
- Project Management - Hands-on experience in participating in all phases of project lifecycle management, including planning, executing, controlling, and successful closure. Managing various functions such as defining scheduling, budget, risk assessment, and resource management.
- Stakeholder Relations and Board Liaison - Strong networking skills with close cooperation with the stakeholders, supervisory board, and the board of management, as well as extensive experience in development and implementation of decision-ma king processes at top level.
Proficient in MS Office Applications.
Senior QA/QC Civil and Structural Inspector
- Developing and managing project quality systems, developing quality reports and metrics, and imparting quality training.
- Ascertaining execution of work to defined technical requirements detailed in the project documentation, including drawings, specifications, procedures, inspection/test plans, and work instructions.
- Instrumental in devising and maintaining field QC inspection organization while ensuring construction work meets or exceeds minimum quality standards/codes.
- Coordinating with construction supervisors, schedulers, and planners for work relating to development and quality system.
Quality Control Inspector
- Duties performed as above.
- Monitored progress of diverse technical complex civil works while enabling strict adherence to safety practices.
- Ensured compliance of construction methods and materials with company designs, standards, and specifications.
- Conducted requisite field checks, negotiated and approved additional payments, and implemented field revisions to prepare as-constructed drawing information.
- Provided relevant direction to other staff involved in design and claims work on matters related to civil work.
- Instrumental in executing Lévis Power Station ( Confidential ) project.
Civil Construction Supervisor
- Implemented the Power Station project (315kv - 735kv).
- Undertook assigned duties for completing the projects, namely Confidential
Construction Quality Supervisor
- Delivered advice on quality matters, inspection, and interpretation of codes and standards when required.
- Assessed contractors’/subcontractors’ quality plan, procedures, inspection, and test plans to comply with project quality needs. Steered optimal project quality and culture across team members and contractors.
- Supervised daily construction quality activities and performed surveillance inspections to adhere to approved project drawings, quality plans, and contract documentation.
- Monitored witness and hold points as per inspection and test plans during implementation of construction operations.
- Attended quality meetings and reported on quality activities, RFI, FCR, and NCR status as and when required.
- Ascertained apt maintenance of technical documentation and steered change management, including requests for information, technical deviations/exceptions, and in corporation of as-built in project documentation.
- Maintained status of and monitored closure of non conformance, corrective, and preventative action requests.
- Enabled verification and approval of relevant Inspection Test Plans (ITPs), quality documentation/records, and contractor turnover packages post completion of activities as per agreed deliverable lists.
- Consistently adhered to all safety rules and regulations; advised project team/contractors on any safety concerns/issues, and restructured safety policies to constantly promote a safety culture. Involved in safety talks/meetings.
- Played a focal role in the Qatalum Village Construction (for 10,000 workers); Infras/Energy & U/G wherein managed functions such as ground cable installation, civil work/structures, liaison with subcontractors, organization and planning.
- Involved in the Qatalum Project: Aluminum industry project entailing excavation, foundations and steel fixing, underground - facilities, ground cables installation, concrete, structure erections, sewage treatment plant, and landscaping.
- Directed work aspects such as silos slip form, harbor area ( coke silos/alumina silos), collaboration with subcontractors, and planning and organization. Executed civil work including foundations and rebar, formwork, and concrete.
- Coordinated and organized all activities including excavation, foundation, formwork, ground cables installations, structure erections, and concrete.
- Implemented work facets like Bassin dikes construction, jet grouting, injection, curtain grouting, dewatering, and toe-berm construction.