- Accomplished Software Tester who drives consistent quality standards to completion within strict time restraints using Agile and Waterfall methodologies and principles.
- Effectively builds professional working relationships with all members of the organization to ensure the business needs and requirements are met and exceeded.
- Exceptional ability to find, analyze defects and communicate them to developers.
- Enjoy collaborating with a range of personalities to find a commonality to achieve quality and excellence.
- 16+ years professional experience in software quality processes and procedures
- Key player in all phases of Software Life Cycle Management and version control
- Expert in Agile and Waterfall Methodologies and Principles
- Focused on team management, leadership, and attention to detail to maintain quality standards
- Effective team collaboration amongst in - office, remote, and off-shore colleagues
- Certified and trained in Security+, Windows 7 Configuring, and Software Quality Assurance; Held Top Secret DoD Security Clearance - Inactive/Expired 2014
Technology: TFS, TestLink, SuiTest, Testflo, SaaS, VMware VSphere, Citrix XEN, CloudCare, SQL Query, Postman, COTS/GOTS Software, JIRA, Confluence, Language/Tools C, Fortran-77, Pascal, COBOL, BASIC, Machine & Assembly, Microsoft Access, Excel, Teleforms, SQLPLUS, SSMS, Visual Basic, Visual Studio, Telerik, Macromedia Dreamweaver, Front Page, PowerPoint, CS RCS, MySQL
Hardware System: IBM compatible PCs, MacIntosh
Operating Systems: MS-DOS, UNIX, Linux, Oracle, All Windows OS and Servers
Software Test Engineer
- Contributed to the full life cycle of Confidential software products. Increased company moves as part of the DBA team by 90%.
- Supported numerous projects in parallel on various environments with the leading CRM suite for the automotive software industry.
- Contributed to the data validation of the Confidential project with a 100% success rate.
- Successfully participated in agile practices for development of tasks, time frames, design, code, test scripts, and documentation. Participated in iteration planning meetings and daily stand ups.
- Developed Quality System Records and follow departmental Quality System practices and procedures.
- Coordinated and participated in paired programming and / or code reviews with other developers.
- Assisted in the development of test plans and executed both manual and automated test cases. Also built and executed various SQL queries on different database servers
- Used software testing skills which contributed to automating programs to validate software functionality and identify errors/non-compliance for data validation
- Contributed to maintaining testing documentation with test case descriptions, specifications and expected results
Confidential, Fort Walton Beach, FL
Quality Assurance Specialist
- Successfully created test plans and test cases, ensuring system requirements and project deadlines are met, while focused on surpassing Product Management expectations
- Performed Integration, Regression, and User Acceptance Testing; regularly and collaboratively assisted the Engineering Development Team in Code Reviews and Unit Testing for Confidential CloudCare software leading to a defect free finding
- Executed, documented, verified and validated test case results for SOX Compliance and in-house short/long-term tracking and reporting with 99% accuracy
- Analyzed potential defects and communicated and coordinated with Development, UI, Web and Client Services, and Product Support teams to troubleshoot
- Logged defects found during the test execution phase with 98% accuracy
- Reported test progress, status, and results to Program Management consistently; multi-tasked and shifted priorities when necessary to meet company objectives with 100% consistency
Confidential, Eglin AFB, FL
Software Quality Assurance and Programmer
- Successfully led and implemented Process and Product Quality Assurance (PPQA) team
- Designated as the assistant Verification and Validation Lead (V&V). Verified and ensured that all products and documentation met or exceeded all technical requirements
- Designated as backup Database Administrator (DBA) and Configuration Manager (CM)
- Subject Matter Programmer (SMP), providing programming/analysis support
- Created several database projects and assisted with creating the Access database tables and forms for web design and publishing of JCIET’s intranet in a government environment
- Proficient in the development and implementation of all collection and data reduction software for specific systems
- Contributed to monitoring, testing, and assisting with the Video Teleconference ( Confidential ), loading, processing, and the conversion of Time-Space-Position Information (TSPI)