- A seasoned cross cultural global ISEB/ISTQB certified QA consultant with Experience in leading large scale projects across Telecom domains, specializing in wireless & wired network / web security in various geographical locations. Currently seeking for an exciting opportunity to lead / contribute in a QA project.
- ISEB / ISTQB certified Senior / Lead Test Engineer with 11+ years of commercial and products experience in IT / Telecoms.
- Instituted a QA process that includes writing test plans and cases (Zephyr, Test Director), reporting software issues (JIRA).
- As an integral part of the Engineering team, improved procedures and processes for testing Web applications and used expertise in Agile Scrum methodology.
- Served as Lead QA Engineer to test and compare the results from virtualized UTM solutions (IPS/IDS), FW & Web Content Filtering between Trustwave and Fortinet.
- Led testing efforts to verify configurability & reporting of Trustwave UTM with Security+ knowledge and experience and identified critical bugs early in the cycle.
- Hands on experience working with Cisco routers both devices & virtualized along with VMware and KVM virsh commands, OpenVswitch and SDN networks.
- Experience in SQL on Oracle, MYSQL, Sybase & PostgreSQL and understanding of Python / bash for maintaining automation scripts and SELENIUM.
- Hands on experience testing with GSM & VOIP protocols, Optical networks (SONET/SDH), TCP/IP suite, web services & applications over GX (Ku/Ka band), VSAT (C - Band) and Confidential (L-Band) satellite terminals in maritime industry.
- Worked in various geographies (India, Australia, UK, USA, and Norway) for diverse clients like Nortel networks, Cloud9, British Telecom and more.
- Exceptional communication, collaboration & team building skills with proficiency at grasping new technical concepts quickly & utilize them productively.
- Trained and mentored junior / new team members to reduce learning curve.
- Software Testing on Windows / Linux environment.
- Web application testing.
- Testing & configuring cisco switches & routers, OpenVswitchVirtualization with VMware & Virt - manager (Virsh commands), ImCrypt, Security+, Penetration testing with Kali Linux, Agile.
Senior QA Engineer
- Currently contributing towards developing test process and documentation & execution as per Software Test Life Cycle for Base Platform (Cisco devices and virtualized cisco switches) & Feet Secure products.
- Successfully worked in a team and achieved to build a test network of 100 virtual UTMs with virt-manager, and OpenVswitch for virtual switching and configured HP Aruba switches for network segmentation.
- Accountable for testing applications and services over Confidential GX (Ku & Ka band), VSAT (C-Band) and Confidential (L-Band) in agile environment.
- Responsible for level3 support on any production issues on Linux platform.
- Utilizing strong MySQL and Sybase (DB Visualizer) skills provided effective ways for data verification during web & network testing.
- Achieved great results in Feature Verification, Regression & Performance testing using in house tools by identifying critical bugs early in test cycle.
- Provided great reports in Functional testing, GUI / Front end testing and Web based application and Web services testing using SOAPUI, JMETER & iperf3
Senior Test Analyst
- Analyzed and reviewed business requirements and functional design specifications with developers, project managers, and QA manager in line with requirements.
- Lead testing efforts of GUI / Front end & web applications using SELENIUM and SS7, TCP/IP protocol testing.
- Consistently achieved successful results in every test cycle of verifying GSM protocols & GMLC/SMLC developed for Location based services.
- Tested web methods and web services - wrote advanced SQL queries to test integrity of EDR/CDR databases on the GSM network.
- Providing reporting solutions and recommendations for Performance improvements after analyzing testing results from JMETER & SOAPUI.
- Successfully designed TCs with extensive coverage using XML Simulator to test web-services using SOAPUI / JMETER.
Senior Systems Test Engineer
- Led the process of Identifying product requirements and understanding the configuration to build and develop effective Test plan
- Prime for feature verification of SONET/SDH protocols on Confidential family cards.
- Involved in Feature verification, Retests & Regression phases
- Effectively utilized HP Quality Centre to track TC execution progress in testing and translated the results into a detailed report for all stakeholders.
- Interacted and worked with on-site team regarding regular updates and traffic setups and advised of any improvements where needed to improve the process.
- Conducted checkpoint meeting presenting risk and progress reports to onsite/offshore team.
- Efficiently delivered services with extended availability of the team during go-live and production support ensuring 100% uptime.
- Contributed by identifying the product requirements and understanding the configuration requirements and Accountable for developing test cases and test scripts using Python, in line with the requirements.
- Maintained & monitored the test progress with HP Quality Centre to track TC execution & Bug tracking to progress in testing.
Software Test Engineer
- Accountable for preparation & execution of test suite, GUI & functional testing, verification of end-to-end transaction processes and provide reports reflecting the progress & risks clearly.