- Proven track record of over 13 years of experience in the Software Quality Assurance in diverse industries such as Social Network, Search Engine, Financial and Health Care.
- Experience on Mobile ( iOS and Android ), Web Applications (IE, FF, Chrome & Safari), API, Automation (Selenium Web Driver) and Server testing.
- Developed automation scripts in Java, Python and Winrunner
- Expertise in Test Plans, Schedule and Execution plans
- Hands - on use of various QA methodologies
- Certified in 'RDBMS Concepts' from Brain Bench
- Strong knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), and Software Test Life Cycle (STLC)
- Management of test case and bug tracking (Jira, Bugzilla and Extra View) tools
Confidential, SFO, CA
- Managed team of 12 QA (onsite and offshore) people.
- Motivated and coached the team members to insure high productivity, teamwork and improved group competency and communications. Developed and maintained QA related documentations: test plans, process, Test cases, Test reports and QA guidelines for company-wide.
- Collaborated with business and IT stakeholders to insure proposed software changes and test plans align with business and IT strategic objectives
- Ownership and hands on approach participating in testing on all Commercial projects (Ads, Notifications, Educational resources, Drug Samples) on iOS, Android platforms, Web services and API. 80% of the company revenue generated from commercial projects
- Evangelized quality through out the team working closely with Stakeholder, Development, Product management, Operational Team, Data Analytical Team and other team to create a collective accountability and commitment.
- Maintained QMetry test case management tool and Jira bug tracking system.
- Performed End-to-End, Functional, UI Automation, Server, RESTful Web services, API, Tracking impression and clicks, iPhone& iPad device, Memory leaks, Android device, Device stress, Backward Compatibility, Data Integrity, third party tools integration (Sales force integration, ad server and Omniture tracking, data analytical tools) Testing
- Prepared new QA Environment for next release.
- Worked closely with other teams to ensure cross-departmental collaboration and ensure testing coverage.
- Conducted mobile API performance, Load and Stress testing
- Led bugs triage meetings and worked closely with Development, Product Management, Operations, Data Analytics and Third party vendors teams to discuss and resolve issues.
- Used Selenium Webdriver (Java) for automating the Internal tools
Environment: UNIX, iOS (iPhone and iPad), Android, Mac OS, Java, Oracle SQL Developer, Xcode, Selenium (Webdriver), RESTful Web services, APIs and Agile methodology, Jira, QMetry, Extra View, Data Integrity, Jenkins, Ant, JUnit, UAT and Project Management.
Sr. QA Engineer
Confidential, Redwood City, CA
- Led the testing of Confidential first iPhone payment application.
- Guided and mentored the QA team until release the application
- Created Technical, and integration test plans, test cases and test case results documents
Sr. QA/ Ops Engineer
Confidential, Palo Alto, CA
- I was the first QA for the company. Implemented the quality process of build schedules, and QA Process.
- Developed test plan and test cases for iPhone client and Web by using functional specification. Open task tickets for incomplete functional specs and incomplete tasks.
- Deployed builds manually. Executed the Java Unit tests for each build.
- Assisted in the enhancement of product under development through the beta testing process.
- Attended daily status meetings and took active role in bug triage meetings
- Installed and configured SVN, Trac and Wiki Tools on Ubuntu Linux. Create new user accounts on SVN/Trac.
- Designed and managed the issue tracking process, selecting the appropriate tools and coordinating with the development team to ensure appropriate communication and compliance
- Migrated SVN and Trac database from devjavu to EC2 Server.
Environment: EC2 Server, S3 Storage, Trac, SVN, PostgreSQL, iPhone OS, Agile, Web services, Amazon S3 browser tools and API, Ubuntu Linux
Senior QA Engineer
Confidential, Mountain View, CA
- Lead the Quality Assurance for iPhone Loopt application, Facebook Loopt application, Loopt web application, server side testing and WAP/AIM landing pages testing
- Created Test Plan, Test Cases and Test Results documents for the above projects
- Automated Loopt web UI by using Java Framework (JUnit) and Selenium
- Participated in review design, specification, UI, usability testing and weekly QA meetings.
- Lead the bug triage meetings
- Responsible for smoke, functional, regression, end-to-end and integration testing of Loopt application between Mobile phone, Loopt web application and Facebook Loopt app.
- Performed Loopt application functional testing on Sprint, ATT, Verizon, BB, Android (tested on simulator also), and Boost hand sets to help block box testers during tight project schedules
- Worked closely with the development team and system release teams throughout the software life cycle
- Tracking and prepare documentation of metrics-driven reports for various testing activities
- Executed SOAP UI network initiated cell ID and AGPS requests
Environment: Selenium, Java, JUnit, C#, MB Unit, Bugzilla, Microsoft SQL, SVN, iPhone OS, SCRUM, Android
Confidential, Mountain View, CA
- Responsible for writing and updating the test cases and test plans
- Reviewed the design and UI docs
- Performed the regression testing for every build and did smoke, functional, integration, data validation, boundary, configuration negative and positive testing
- Insert, update, delete and select the data from database depending on situation and make sure that data is propagating correctly or not in to the database
- Build and deploy the application daily on local machine
- Changed the parameter values in configuration file for auto reconcile purpose, so make sure that those values are applied or not in the application by seeing the logs and executing the test cases
Environment: Java Based Technologies, AJAX, Jboss, Ant, Oracle 9i, SQL Developer, Team track, SCRUM
Confidential, Mountain View, CA
- Created test plan, test cases, Test execution and test results documents
- Involved and developed specific tasks includes - review of designs and specifications, test plan and test case development and validation. Extensively used Test scribe to develop test plans, and test cases.
- Tested interoperability between API & UI. Created offers in XML format based on specifications.
- Developed automation scripts using python framework. Ported few scripts in Selenium Python
- Tested the application as an internal user and external user
- Performed functional, validation, integration, compatibility, end-to-end, Regression and smoke testing.
- Used CURL (HTTP POST, GET, DELETE AND PUT Methods) and customer tool for testing the other features which are not supported on API demo page
- Coordinate with offshore teams (India team and Zurich team)
- Supported other dependent testing teams who are using API applications to solve their issues.
- Took active role in bug triage meeting with product manager and Team lead
Environment: Java Based Technologies, Python scripting, XML, HTML, AJAX, Selenium Automation testing, perforce version control tool, Lemon Tool, HTTP.
Confidential, McGraw Hill, CA
- Assisted in the development of Winscore test approach - planning, scope, resource assignments, and schedules.
- Executed Test Procedures Manually for Modules like Stack Header, GIS, FACT Grade for Reading, Writing, Mathematics and Science
- Performed Smoke, Functionality, Integration, System, Regression tests based on Analysis, and understanding of the requirements, non-functional specifications, and end-user needs for Mathematics, Science, Reading and Writing
- Performed GUI, functionality, usability, smoke, regression, and browser compatibility testing.
- Performed function and design spec reviews and prepared test specs based on function specs and design specs.
- Used Quality center for Test Plans and defect tracking.
- Executed and developed automation scripts in Winrunner
- Prepared pre-conditioned data for testing the application
- Performed Cross browser testing for multiple browsers, e.g., Netscape Navigator, Microsoft Explorer on different platforms (Windows & Unix) and interpreted the negative/positive results