- 8+ years of experience in Software testing as a Manual and Automation Tester
- Expertise in testing Client/ Server and Web based applications using Automation Testing Tools and Manual Testing and web services testing using SoapUI
- Automated Testing using Selenium, QTP, SoapUI and Quality Centre
- Experienced in Analysing, Designing and Implementation of QA testing strategy for Web based and Client/Server applications using Manual testing and Automation Testing Selenium of client server application in back - end testing.
- Extensive experience in analysing, building, executing Test Plans, Test Scenarios, Test Cases according to business, functional and User Requirement Specifications.
- Hands on experience working with all stages of the Software Development Life Cycle and QA Life Cycle in all dimensions of Functionality, Usability & Reliability
- Knowledge of Automation Testing Frameworks - Ruby Cucumber, Data driven, Behavior Driven Development (BDD), Keyword driven and Page Object Patterns.
- Experience in various types of testing like Functional Testing, Smoke testing, Black-box testing, White-box testing , Integration Testing, Unit Testing and Database Testing, Installation Testing and Compatibility Testing on different platforms.
- Good working Knowledge of XML, SOAP, WSDL/UDDI, and Web Services. Enhancements (WSE) and Web services using the latest Web services protocols.
- Designed and developed automation framework for testing REST APIs using Soap UI and Groovy.
- Exposure to continuous integration tools like Jenkins and used Maven and Ant for project as building tools.
- Automated Test cases in TDD (Test Driven Development) and BDD(Behaviour Driven Development)
- Expertise in designing Automation Frameworks
- Proficiency inwriting Test strategy, Test Plan Preparation and Implementation, Defect management, including Defect creation, modification, tracking, and reporting.
- Implemented functional tests using java, TestNG/JUnit framework and also cucumber framework for BDD.
- Experience in Web debugging tools like XPath, FirePath, and Firebug and also provided efficient locators for strategies like XPath and CSS to run web driven scripts.
- Experienced in Selenium suite products ranging from Selenium WebDriver, Selenium IDE andSelenium Grid.
- Excellent experience with source version control tools such as Subversion (SVN), CVS & GIT and generated Test logs using Log4j for various log levels.
- Remarkable communication and organizational skills with attention to business process details besides being a team player and self-starter
Testing Tools: Selenium WebDriver/IDE/GRID/RC, HP Quality Centre/ALM, JUnit, TestNG, JIRA, SoapUI, QTP, Protractor, JMeter, Cucumber, Gherkins, Ruby, FitNesse, Coded UI, Appium, Android Studio.
Frameworks: Hybrid, Keyword Driven, Data Driven and Robot Framework
Web Technologies: HTML, DHTML, CSS, XML, XSD, XSL, XSLT, XPATH, AJAX, JSP, XML, CSS, Flash
SQA Technologies: SOAP, REST, WSDL, UDDI
Bug Tracking Tools: HP Quality Centre, Bugzilla, Visual Studio TFS, JIRA, Bamboo, Rational ClearQuest
Build/ Tools: Ant, Maven, Jenkins, Hudson
Databases Technologies: MS SQL Server 2000/2005, LAMP, OLAP and OLTP, Oracle 9i/10g, MS Access 2000, SQL, Oracle PL/SQL, SQL*Plus, TOAD, SQL*Loader, MYSQL
Operating Systems : Windows 98, 2000, XP, Windows 7,windows10 , UNIX, Linux and Mac
Utilities : Eclipse, GIT, SVN,CVS, Firebug
Confidential, Fresno, CA.
Quality Assurance Engineer
- Coordinating all aspects of projects such as initiation, planning including budgeting, scheduling, task assignment and tracking.
- Facilitate team meetings to coordinate activities for project schedules, presented deliverables to the management about the project deliverables and its progress.
- Extensively involved in all stages of testing life cycle SDLC&STLC
- Responsible for implementation of Hybrid Test Automation Framework build using Selenium Web Driver, TestNG and Maven technologies under Java platform utilizing industry leading harness design patterns and approaches.
- Used Selenium Grid to execute Selenium automation suites on a different platform, browser combinations in parallel.
- Used RubyMine IDE to write Gherkins and generated step definitions and methods using ruby/ Cucumber.
- Enhance/maintain automated regression suite based on new features and existing site behavior, using Selenium, written in Gherkin format
- Worked in the Framework of POM for UI Automation in Selenium Web Driver.
- Used Apache POI methods for writing to Excel sheets in Java.
- Testing Android, iOS and Unity SDK by utilizing Xcode and Android studio
- Designed Hybrid Appium Test automation framework, Page Object Model for mobile application (Android/iOS apps).
- Performed Cross-platform, Functional, Regression testing, UI testing for the mobile app using Appium test automation framework.
- Involved in running Selenium automation scripts and updating the scripts according to enhancedrequirements using Selenium WebDriver and Python.
- Writing and executing SQL queries on MySQL server in LAMP Environment.
- Performed defect logging and tracking using the HP Quality Centre and JIRA.
- Involved in testing of web services using SOAP/REST services using SOAPUI, Groovy Script.
- Developed the features, scenarios, step definitions for BDD (Behaviour Driven Development) and TDD (Test Driven Development) using Cucumber.
- Used Jenkin as a Continuous Integration server to configure with GitHub and Maven.
- Performing daily sanity tests by running the BVT report using Jenkins.
- Implemented web services testing on XML Schema. WSDL using SOAP UI and validated them in SOAP and in the Backend Databases.
Environment: Selenium Web Driver, NodeJS, Page Object Model, Appium, Cucumber, Jenkins, Maven, SoapUI, Protractor, TestNG, Firebug, Eclipse, Java, LAMP, Gherkins, POI, Python, GitHub
Confidential, Herndon, VA
Quality Assurance Engineer
- Interacting with Users, Business Analysts and gathered business and technical requirements, reviewed business requirements, technical requirements, and specifications.
- Analysed business requirement documents, functional requirement documents, use cases, design specifications, test plan, test cases, user stories and test scenarios.
- Selected the Test Cases to be automated and performed functional testing of the front end using Selenium (IDE and Java Web Driver) & created Data Driven Framework using JUnit.
- Performing maintenance activities related to entire system written in C++, Java, J2EE, web services.
- Used Apache POI to read data from Excel files.
- Created POM to store the project data and configured their details using Maven to build the project.
- Good knowledge on Appium Emulators and IOS simulators.
- Implemented simulator for mobile app testing in IOS using Appium Tool.
- Testing of Different versions of operating systems like MAC Devices and Windows Operating Systems using Appium.
- Worked in the Agile/Scrum development environment with frequently changing requirements and features.
- Experience with LAMP Stack inBackend testing, data validation, ETL Automation, Database testing using SQL queries.
- Involved in writing Gherkin, steps and backend selenium/java code for firms and variance projects.
- Analysed test results, tracked the defects and generated reports using JIRA.
- Design and Implementation of BDD framework using Ruby-Cucumber.
- Maintained the Java and Selenium test source code and resources in the SVN source control repository tool.
- Performed web services testing both SOAP and REST with SOAP UI by validating request and response for XML, JSON.
- Created automation scripts in SOAP UI using Groovy Script for web services testing.
- Involved in running Selenium automation scripts and updating the scripts according to enhanced requirements using Selenium WebDriver and Python.
- Used Ant and Maven as Project building tool along with Jenkins.
Confidential, San Francisco, CA.
Senior Quality and Automation Engineer
- Gathering Business Requirements and Change Requests and changing the testing artifacts accordingly.
- Responsible for the preparation of Test Plans, analysis of defect metrics & tracking the defects using Pivotal Tracker.
- Performing with Test Plan/Test Lab and Defects modules of ALM.
- Conducted formal and informal product design reviews throughout the software development lifecycle to provide input on functional requirements, product designs, schedules and potential issues.
- Developing work breakdown structures, establish a dependable project control and monitoring system.
- Successively subdivide the scope into manageable components in terms of Size, responsibility and duration.
- Performed Automation Testing Framework using TestNG and Junit for Unit, Functional and Integration testing.
- Worked closely with the development team and the Product Owner in an agile environment to quickly identify issues before the product is released. Testing included both front-end and backend utilizing Microsoft SQL Server for writing and executing SQL queries.
- Performed in daily Scrum meetings and bi-weekly Sprint releases.
- Develop full scale of Project test plans and schedule project timelines.
- Maintain project Workbook, updating the project updates on day-to-day basis in Basecamp.
- Involved in Onsite offshore co-ordination.
- Performed White Box and Black Box testing.
- Identified the Test Data required and maintained for API and regression Tests.
- Setting up the Bloom APIas a tool to retrieve the Patients information from different organizations and Medical centers.
- Managing the HIPAAcompliance architecture, encrypting and leveraging AWS for the processing and storage of patient health information data.
- Delivered thorough QA testing reports that determined product quality and release readiness.
- Leading a Team of 3 offshore and 2 onsite resources.
Environment: Java, TestNG, Selenium WebDriver, Junit, HTML, XML, Oracle, UNIX, Pivotal Tracker, Jenkins, Maven, Java Script, Ms SQL Server 2000.
- Actively participated in requirement gathering from end users, functional specifications documents and design documents.
- Performed server side testing on a cloud based platform using CaaS.
- Worked on testing various changes in different layers of server cache (L1, L2, AKAMAI), using different plugins, as well as modifying different cookies to replicate various server caching scenarios and modify server traffic.
- Worked on security based testing by spoofing different ip’s to test URI restrictions.
- Primary responsible in research and building automation test framework for AJAX based web interfaces using Java, Selenium WebDriver and TestNG. The framework is designed to run tests on Firefox, Chrome, Safari and IE browsers(v8-11).
- Created, maintained and executed the test scripts usingJava/TestNG and Maven as build tool on a regular basis.
- Contribute in framework creation. Automate web application using Selenium Webdriver as well as automated the testing of the various backend services like OFS, ORS using HTTPClient.
- Extensively worked with DOM and locating a web element using Id, CSS selector and XPATH.
- Used Firebug, Firepath and XPATH checker to identify web elements
- Automated sanity and regression tests using Selenium Webdriver.
- Monitoring and managing the Server cache (L1,L2, AKAMAI)
- Configured and monitored automation jobs using Jenkins Continuous Integration.
- Documented and reported all defects using JIRA.
- Identified the Test Data required and maintained for API and regression Tests.
- Involved with pushing the builds to the QA.
- Created Helper classes and methods for automation framework.
Environment: Java, TestNG, Selenium WebDriver, HTML,XML,Oracle, Jira, Jenkins,Maven, Java Script.
- Developed an automated test framework using Selenium IDE and Selenium RC
- Executed SQL statements and UNIX shell scripts to extract data from the tables to validate test results
- Prepare and track the project plan for testing using MPP 2003
- Prepare the test report at each stage of the project
- Prepare testing Impact Analysis for any Change Request
- Issue Tracking and risk management
- Performed Regression testing, Integration testing, Multilingual testing, GUI testing
- Executed testing based on Single Sign On.
- Requirements gathering from Business Analyst and Client Managers.
- Took part in Design, Analysis, development and Production Support of different modules.
- Designed and run SQL scripts to input and modify data in database as well as for testing purposes.
- Performed Unit Testing, system testing and Regression Testing.
- Created a detailed test suite.
- Bug Fixes and troubleshooting of issues.
- Reporting and Documentation of the entire project.