- 5+ years of solid experience testing Web based (On Premise/Cloud), database, analytics, SOA, enterprise, messaging and GUI/Desktop applications.
- Experience in software development life cycle including test strategy preparation, test plan development, test case creation, test data creation/design, requirement traceability matrix, test execution and bug tracking.
- Life Cycle and its implementation.
- Very good experience with TFS/MTM, Gherkins(BDD), Quality Center (ALM), soapUI and Jira.
- Extensively used Jira for Agile process and bug tracking.
- Good Experience in creating SOAP/REST tests, mock services using soapUI/Postman.
- Good experience on testing web applications and webservices (REST APIs, JSON, SOAP, WSDL, XML).
- Identify and manage testing risks, issues and changes within the project.
- Good experience in testing for cross browser functionality and compatibility testing.
- Tested web and software applications using Waterfall and Agile development process.
- Experience in analyzing business requirements, GAP Analysis, software requirement specifications to create test plan and test case for manual and automated testing.
- Extensive experience in testing the database applications using ETL techniques for data migration.
- Experience with different types of testing such as black box testing, white box testing, functional, GUI testing, and System, Regression, Integration, UAT.
- Very good understanding of Quality Assurance Life Cycle, Software Development.
- Experience in converting the BRD into test cases, test plan, traceability requirement matrix preparation, test data design (Boundary Value Analysis, Equivalence Partitioning), test development, conducting tests, tracking bugs and its closure scheduling and execution, test automation involvement, test project management, AGILE, SCRUM, test documentation, SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) and STLC (Software Test Life Cycle.
- Created detailed QA Documentation including QA reports, actively participated in SQA and Project meetings.
- Very good in documentation using MS Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio etc.)
- Involved in the preparation of automated test scripts using QTP, and Selenium WebDriver.
- Experience with CI tools such as Hudson, Jenkins.
- Good knowledge of Microservices, NodeJS, Middleware platform, Messaging, DevOps, Cloud based technologies, SaaS, PaaS, IaaS (Azure, AWS)
- Enjoyed learning new tools and technologies.
Operating Systems: Windows XP, 2003, Linux and UNIX.
Bug Tracking Tools: Firebug, Jira, MTM/TFS, Quality Center, BugZilla.
Test Automated Tools: soapUI, POSTMAN, HP QTP Silk Test, Selenium IDE/RC/Core, Chai, and Mocha.
CI Tools: Hudson, Jenkins, Bamboo.
Databases: Oracle, SQL Server, DB2 and My SQL.
Network Protocols: TCP/IP, FTP, HTTP/HTTPS, VPN, LDAP.
Browsers: IE, Safari, Mozilla, Firefox.
Other Tools: GitHub, Subversion, MS Azure Storage explorer, Cloud (SaaS, PaaS) and MS Office.
- Working in AGILE Development environment with frequently changing requirements and feature set, release and sprint planning, retrospective and other scrum practices using Jira.
- Reviewed Product requirement documents, functional specifications and involved in developing test plan and test case creation.
- Interacted with Business Analysts and Software Developers for bug reviews and participated in QA meetings, requirements and GAP Analysis.
- Actively participated in daily scrum.
- Co - ordinated status and defect triage meetings with the partners.
- Involved extensively in preparing Test plans, Requirement Traceability Matrix, Test data Design, Test cases (front and backend), Bug Tracking lifecycle and its closure and project documentation.
- Executed smoke tests on the daily builds.
- Utilized TFS for requirement, agile development, automated builds, testing and release management extensively daily.
- Involved in pre-validation phase (setting up the test environment and data).
- Involved in testing the backend data through SQL queries (SELECT, JOINS, GROUP BY, WHERE, HAVING BY etc.) using SQL Server client.
- Extensively used soapUI developing the SOAP UI tests and testing the Web services (SOAP & REST) and validating the response (JSON and XML) as per the mapping document.
- Tested integration/messages in XML, JSON format for data validation.
- Used Fiddler for debugging HTTP traffic between IE and web applications and inspecting the logs.
- Worked on Setting up the environment, Migration, QA, Validation of current SharePoint and database to the new data center.
- Tested the report data and the corresponding job by running the job manually.
- Worked closely with the project managers, developers, other testers and users for all the phases of project.
- Executed the test cases and tracked bugs into Jira until its resolution.
- Involved in automating the test cases.
- Involved in conducting functional, system and regression testing.
- Participated during the UAT with other teams and prepared the user manuals.
- Involved in functional requirements, meetings, design reviews and project planning sessions using agile scrum practices.
- Involved in converting the requirements into business use cases using Gherkins.
- Involved in the preparation of test plan and test cases using Excel/Word.
- Used TFS for managing Agile Activities and for creating test cases, bug tracking.
- Responsible for testing the application as per the test plan and test cases
- Responsible to co-ordinate with the business analysts and software engineers while performing the tests and report the issues as found.
- Responsible for building the bug reports and fixes.
- Good knowledge of Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, MySQL, Junit, Jira, Agile, Analytics(BI), JDBC, SQL, Cloud (SaaS, PaaS), Azure cloud explorer, HTML, HTTP debugging, SOAP, REST services (APIs and MS office).
- Involved extensively in testing the integration between web applications and SAP using ESB, Microsoft Azure storage explorer for importing data in JSON.
- Worked on continuous integration which includes Jenkins, Maven and Eclipse.
- Responsible for database testing using SQL Queries against Oracle.
- Responsible for the functional and regression testing which includes performance.
- Tested web applications for browser compatibility.
- All HTTP status codes are well tested as part of service testing in soapUI. Implemented and maintained soapUI project for automating SOAP/REST services.
- Extensively used soapUI assertions in test suites including content match, xpath match, soap fault and http status codes.
- All soapUI projects are well maintained as per different environments with various sets of data.
Environment: HTML, XML, AJAX, ASP.NET, VBScript, Java, SAP, BizTalk, Azure Cloud explorer, ESB, Oracle, Windows, TFS, Jenkins, Silk test, Selenium, Load runner and Test runner.
- Involved in review of the business requirements, converting them into test plan and test strategy.
- Prepared Acceptance, Functional and Integration test cases/scripts and Defect Reports.
- Performed System, Functional, Integration and End to End testing, UAT and Regression testing in QA, UAT and PROD.
- Used Quality Center for preparing test cases and bug tracking.
- Build database scripts using SQL for backend testing.
- Involved in preparing the test environments such as installing tools, data set up/loading and testing.
- Involved with all the stakeholders during the project planning, development, testing, delivery and support.
- Supported and maintained the application with the Operations team, ticket creation, assignment, resolution, follow up and closure.