IT professional with 19 year’s experience. Original member of 9 that created EBT (Electronic Benefits Transfer System) for the US Government serving 152 - million Americans presently. Original creator, with team of 8, that produced CEPS II for Confidential from an Enscribe Database to an SQL MP Database handling 1.3 billion transactions a worldwide, 15-years Mainframe IBM and Tandem environment coupled with starting Doctor of Management in Organizational Leadership/Information Systems and Technology in an effort to make a more diverse career change of a QA Automated Tester / Manual Tester Expert, SQA-Mid, Business Analyst Sr. and Consultant Expert, performing manual and automated testing on web-based, desktop and client /server applications with goal of a diverse leadership role in the near future.
Testing & Business Software: Agile, ATCI (Automated Test Case Identification Tool), Inspect, Maestro I&II, ECHO, EDI 834, QTP (Quick Test Pro), HP Quality Center (Versions 9.5-11.5), Non-functional Testing, Manual Testing, Test Planning, Test Case Creation, Integration Testing, Regression Testing, Usability Testing, User Acceptance Testing, Defect Tracking, Bug Tracking, Data Warehousing, Data mapping PRIPIRATOTY and mainstream, Test Automation and Test-Driven Development, HP Performance Center, TFE Extract Manager, SDLC, RAD (Rapid Application Development) HP ALM/QC and Clear Test.
Methodology: BlackBox/White Box Dynamic (Specification-based, structure based and Experience-based. Static (Reviews & Static Analyst). A solid understanding of the Agile methodology, SDLC, ALM (Application Life Cycle Management), Scrum, epics, stories, acceptance criteria, Waterfall and proprietary testing methodologies. Latest projects were Agile/ Scrum methodology.
MS Office Software: Office 365, One Drive, MS Office Suite, MS Project, MS SharePoint, Word, Excel, Outlook, MS Access, Visio and PowerPoint.
Database/SQL: SQL CERTIFIED - Straight SQL, DB2, Enscribe, Oracle 8 +, OLAP (Online Transaction Processing), KPI, MySQL, T-SQL, SQL, BF Query, MS Access, Microsoft SQL Server, SQL Server Reporting Services, SQL Server Stored procedure and query development.
Mainframes/OS: Tandem S-Series, Tandem K2004, Himalaya K series running Guardian OS, IBM O/S 390, IBM 3270, Windows 9x, NT, 2000, XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10, Office 365, Mac OS, VM370 & OS2 Warp, Linux and Unix.
Tandem: COBOL85, SCOBOL, T-Edit, Enscribe SQL MX, Edit, SQL MP, TACL, FUP, SCUP, DDL, Inspect, Enable TMF (Transaction Monitoring Facilitator), Peruse, Enform, Pathway, Pathcom and Pathsend.
IBM: COBOL(Expert level), JCL(Low-mid level), TSO, ISPF3, ENDEAVOR, ADABAS, CICS, ADB2, BF Query, DB2, Spool, VSAM, MVS, JCL/PROC, SORT, MVS, IOF, FILEAID and lite SAS.
Confidential, Orlando, FL
Software Support Analyst
- Identified documents functional workflows, Use Case diagrams, Use case documents, Sequence diagrams, context diagrams, State diagrams, Activity diagrams and system Use Case specifications and other criteria implement work load.
- Developed the testing components of application solutions by applying knowledge of service offerings, capabilities, innovation, testing methodologies, and best practices in collaboration with the project team and client to deliver high quality solutions.
- Designed documents and produces, ad-hoc reports for supported projects that summarized, and reported data to support project activities.
- Tested and processed 834 EDI files federally mandated ASC X12 standard for managed care health plans that sent enrollments for 11-months of work.
- Facilitated Joint Application Design (JAD) sessions with users to identify, define and confirm system requirements.
- Supported knowledge management and collaboration through participation in testing discussions, communities and improving testing collateral through lessons learned.
- Establishing testing strategy and plans, analysis of business requirements and designs for testability, design and development of test cases, utilization of appropriate tools to develop automated test scripts, and execution of various testing types such as system, system Integration, and data analysis .
- Worked with software testing on/with EFT, EBT, Cal Fresh, healthcare operations/processing within Medicaid operations, government healthcare operations and/or commercial healthcare operation, Dental, Vision and 401K.
- Strong familiarity with healthcare operations/processing within Medicaid operations, government healthcare operations and/or commercial healthcare operations, Administrative Support Service, Claims Control, Claim Examination and Inquiry Requirement Gathering & Analysis, Feasibility Study, Gap Analysis, Technical Requirements Documents, SDLC and PMO.
- Performed analysis, research, and problems related to duplication of software; validate compliance and usability; and documented defects and anomalies.
Confidential, Orlando, FL
- Played a full role in the testing of the DB (Defined Benefits) system which involved delivering Pension Benefits to participants, DC (Defined Contributions) system which involved administering saving plans in which both participants and employers contributed and finally H&W which involved administering Medical, Dental, Life and Disability Insurance and other Health Related Benefits to customers.
- Utilized the HPE testing methodology, apply specialization to develop a test plan for one or more test phases to be executed for a project, as specified in the testing strategy for the project .
- Executed manual and automated testing to perform functional, integration regression and Unit testing.
- Gained knowledge and utilized decision support systems, activities of OLAP (Online Analytical Processing) analytics, data mining, data warehouse, reporting, KPI and alerts / agents.
- Utilized ALM to trace the release/cycle information all the way from requirements, test cases and defects thus ensuring complete transparency and traceability.
- During and after testing, recorded the process and results of the test on the DTS which then became a historical record of what was tested, how it was tested and the results of the test.
- Analyze test results, and identify, document, and report root causes for test failures by working with the development team and the defect tracking system.
- Remain current on new technologies; introduce applicable technology in alignment with the company’s goals and for creative solutions.
Confidential, Orlando, FL
- Ability to write clear and concise bug reports with actionable steps to reproduce.
- Assist in the identification and of automated processes aimed at increased efficiency and reliabilit y.
- Debugged and documented all defects making sure no new bugs would be created once initial defect was fixed. Tracked these defects using a software tool called Maestro which kept a history of all testing defects, severity of defects, what phase of methodology utilized and other pertinent information.
- Wrote various GUI (Graphic User Interface) Panels, PCSs and other new functionality utilizing various tools including, QBE’s (Query Based Extracts), CCDs, Edits, Date rules and a Transaction Manager - all proprietary.
Confidential, Maitland, FL
Programmer Analyst Advanced
- Part of a team that worked with a 38 million USD budget to complete work on a contractual basis. (Date).
- Maintained hundreds of programs for 28 states in the United States, including Guam and the US Virgin Islands.
- Wrote programs in COBOL85 and SCOBOL that not only helped EBT function, but also programed Debit Card Embossing, Security, Benefit Drawdown in which I manually tested, debugged and measured the performance of all programs and implemented - features working the programs into the servers utilizing Pathway the server system for this HP Mainframe.
- Worked with all mainframe tools and languages including COBOL, SQL MP, DDL, Pathway server system and more.
- On 24/7 rotation to be sure all batch jobs ran smoothly overnight, and when something came up, worked the fix on a minute’s notice.
Confidential, Tampa, FL
- Involved in card maintenance, fraud detection programs and card production while dealing with multiple groups of people, communications, writing and maintaining temperament.
- Sent to Compaq to become certified in SQL MP which was the beginning of complex SQL writing.