- Over 18 years of diversified IT industry experience across the areas of software testing and management.
- Proven ability to balance technical and business needs paired with superior people skills resulting in effectively meeting requirements, deadlines, and expectations. Leading and Managing a team of Engineers and responsible for delivering a stream of fully qualified Client/Server and Web based application products.
Tools: /Utilities: HP/Mercury Suite, Quality Center, ALM,QTP, Appscan, PL/SQL Developer, Toad, Razor SQL, Microsoft SQL Server Management, Putty, FTP clients, WinSCP, xShell,MS Visio, MS Project, VersionONE, JIRA, Confluence, Eclipse IDE, Informatica, Teamsite, OAM, AWS, SOAP UI, Google Advance Rest Client, WinRunner, LoadRunner, Perfecto For Mobile Testing
Platform: Window, Unix, Linux, MAC, iOS, Chrome Book, Mobile Devices
Database: Oracle, SQL Server, DynamoDB
Techniques: Database testing, Business Functional Testing, Web Testing, GUI Testing, UI Testing, Unit and Integration Testing, Black box Testing, System Testing, Regression Testing, Users' Acceptance, Bug Reporting. Agile and Waterfall process
Confidential, Monterey, CA
- Established and managing a team of upto 20 (US and Offshore) qa analyst/leads.
- Managed operational aspects of a program, interrelated projects including prioritizing projects functionality and deliverables, funding, planning, budgeting, resource management.
- Develop various reports for reviews, tracking of QA task on weekly/Monthly basis for QA Team as well as Management.
- Reporting testing status including defects, percentage of testing, to supervisor (Sr. QA Director) and Management.
- Participated in Agile meetings, stand up meeting, sprint stories break - down/refinement, sprint planning and retrospective.
- Initiated and established risk analysis process for QA team.
- Preparing build plans and deploying builds to QA/performance/staging environments.
- Interact with Development, Product Management, Analysts, Architects, Customer Service teams to streamline the process and resolve functional issues.
- Led and mentored QA team members, as well as managed outside contract testers.
- Heading defect triage meeting between QA/Development/Business teams.
- Reviewing wireframe, design documents and requirements documents.
- Performed data warehouse/ETL process testing using Informatica (power center, workflow manager, controller) by validating data mapping and confirming output to validate business logic.
- Designing and execution of test plan and test cases using HP Quality Center (ALM) and Jira
- Implemented QA automation strategy to achieve testing efficiencies.
- Using Appscan software to automated the security testing of industry known vulnerabilities.
- Automating test cases using WinRunner automation tool.
- Testing of Java utilities, Oracle Package/Store Procedure, Restfull and SOAP API.
- Involved in testing native and web application on different mobile Platform such as iOS (different version of iPAD), Android devices and chrome book.
Confidential, Redwood City, CA
Automation QA Lead
- Leading the WinRunner Automation group with 4 QA analysts.
- Developing test plan, test cases and executing them.
- Developing, implementing, executing and managing automated test design, test scripts for Confidential Applications.
- Enhancing the testing tool with many useful functions by collaborating with HP (Mercury Interactive).
- Creating and executing WinRunner scripts against languages like English, German, Japanese, Korean and Chinese.
- Communicating with project engineers to clarify and refine defect reports.
- Implemented mobile application testing using Mobile addin with Winrunner.
- Reporting and tracking of defects using Test Director/Quality Center.
- Executing Java Script and Java based test APIs for various products like Retail Commerce, Market Maker, Business Commerce on different Operating Systems ( UNIX, Win 2k ) for various data bases like Oracle, Informix, Sybase and DB2.
- Managed resources between Automation and Manual testing group.
Confidential, Santa Clara, CA
- Developing test plans, test cases, test scripts using WinRunner and TestDirector
- Tracking and reporting defects using TestDirector, coordinating the defect resolution process and creating customized reports and Graphs.
- Managing integration testing, regression testing and functional testing
- Interacting extensively with business analysts and programmers while developing test scripts and test data.
- Configuring and maintaining TestDirector server (TestDirector Administrator and Automated testing Project Administrator).
Confidential, San Francisco, CA
- Testing Web Applications manually.
- Analyzing service guide and system specification.
- Writing Strategic Plan, test plan, test cases and executing them.
- Testing XML output and performing data validation testing by verifying data with database.
- Setting QA web server, MTS and data base server for all the builds.
Confidential, Princeton, NJ
- Testing Web Applications manually .
- Developing test cases and executing them manually and analyzing the results.
- Testing the presentation layers of the application by cross browser behavior and browser logic to ensure positive experience for end user.