- Have 7+ years of experience in IT, in the field of Software Testing in WEB based and Client Server Applications.
- Have strong experience in Test Automation using SELENIUM.
- Designed, developed Test Plans, Test Cases, Test Procedures and Test Scripts for Web based applications.
- Expertise in the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) & Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC).
- Involved in all stages of testing i.e., Black box, Smoke, Functional, Regression, Integration, End to End, Ad - hoc, and Usability Testing.
- Experience with Quality Analysis and with JIRA & Rally tools.
- Extensive experience in Defect Reporting and Defect Tracking using Test Management tool like JIRA.
- Experience in Preparation of Automated Tests with the Data Driven & Hybrid automation framework.
- Experience in Preparing Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM).
- Expertise in writing SQL Queries for querying the DB.
- Team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in test driven development (TDD).
- Self-motivated individual with a passion to research and implement new ideas.
Operating Systems: Windows 2000/NT, Windows XP
Functional Testing Tools: Selenium, Cucumber, MTM, Soap UI, Postman
Test Management Tools: JIRA, Rally, HP QC
Repository: Github, SVN
Build Tools: Jenkins
Languages: Java/J2EE, .Net, C#, SQL, HTML
Databases: Oracle, SQL server
IDE: Eclipse, Intellij
Application server: IBEA Web Logic, Jboss
- Understand and translate requirements into test cases and test scripts, based on the specification documents and business user interactions.
- Constant collaboration with cross-functional team to promote continuous iteration of development and testing throughout the SDLC.
- Coordinated with SME, BSA, Architect and Developers to discuss issues interpreting the requirements.
- Mapped requirements to business scenarios to assure that all functionalities were completely covered.
- Requirement Analysis and Raising Clarifications.
- Performed Ad-hoc testing on the application.
- Prepared test cases as per the client’s requirements.
- Performed peer review on the test cases generated by the team.
- Involved in writing test scripts using java and executed it through selenium cucumber ,
- Implemented BDD through Cucumber.
- Created the Feature Files for Cucumber Automation
- Expertise in Web Services like REST API and Fiddler.
- Defect Reporting performed via Team Foundation Server.
- Validated front-end data at the backend using SQL Queries.
- Performing performance test by using cucumber for check speed, Scalability and Stability Performed Cross browser compatibility testing on Chrome, Firefox, IE browsers using Selenium Grid along with Test-NG.
- Tested compatibility of application for dynamic and static content under various cross browsers using HTML IDs and X-Path in Selenium.
- Developed automated scripts using Selenium Web-Driver, J-unit in Eclipse IDE to perform functional and regression testing for web based applications.
- Written automated scripts with X-Path to identify web elements such that most of the browsers can be used.
- Implemented Maven Build tool by configuring the POM.xml file with all required Jars and maintained the POM file.
- Implemented Page Object Model (POM) by creating objects for each page.
- Developed Step definitions for the scenarios defined in the features file and used JUNIT and Test-NG annotations
- Performed testing on Web Services using SOAPUI to check the communication between different services.
- Used Jenkins tool for Continuous integration (CI) of the builds developed by Maven and XML.
- Responsible for preparation of Test cycle/progress reports, analysis of defect metrics& implement improvement actions for next iterations.
- Involved in Defect Management, Defect Review and Defect Status Reporting.
- Performed manual testing to verify the functionality of the application as per the business logics.
- Involved in Smoke, Functional, Regression, Integration and System testing using Automation Scripts.
- Used SQL queries to perform back-end testing to maintain appropriate data consistency.
- Reviewing and analyzing test scripts, results along with business users as part of UAT.
- Participated in defect triage meetings for quick defect resolution and prepared the release note artifacts.
Environment: Agile, SQL Developer, SVN, Test-NG, Selenium & Cucumber, Rally
- Understanding use cases and functionality as per Business logics
- Identify functionalities and write technical specification document.
- Prepare Test Cases based on the Test Scenarios and the use case documents.
- Review the Test Scenarios and Test Cases and provide comments/recommendations.
- Perform defect management; drove defects to closure by taking the complete bug ownership using HP ALM.
- Involved in Component testing, String Testing and System Testing.
- Involved in CR Testing, Regression Testing and Smoke Testing (Automation Scripts)
- Involved in client conversations to understand the production defects and resolve and test effectively.
- Involved in transferring Knowledge Transfer to the new Team members
- Involved in Multilanguage Testing (Spanish and Creole) and assigning work to the team members
- Involved in status tracking and reporting critical issues immediately
Environment: .NET Framework2.0, SQL Server, HP ALM, TFS, Clear Quest, QTP and Load Runner
Confidential, St. Louis
Software Test Engineer
- Involved in Requirement Analysis and preparing the understanding documents for the new features
- Developed and Executed test scripts for testing the Functionality of application using Selenium.
- Participated in Team reviews and internal Team meetings about requirements.
- Involved in writing Test Cases
- Executed the test cases and analyzed the results
- Done Regression testing for every new Build
- Involved in various levels of testing like Functionality, Validation and GUI Testing
- Involved in Defect Tracking and bug reporting
- Involved in Smoke testing for new Build
- Involved in preparing and reporting the Test Report.
Environment: Java, HTML, Java Script and Sql Server
Software Test Engineer
- Identify the Test scenarios, which are to be automated.
- Created the test script & Enhancement of the generated script.
- Involved in Executing test scripts.
- Analyzing the test results, reporting and Tracking the bugs.
- Involved in Regression Testing for automation scripts.
Environment: QTP 9.1, Quality Center 9.2, Oracle apps 11i, Windows Xp, Oracle 10G