- Over 4 years of experience in testing Web - based, Mobile & Client Server applications throughout Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and methodologies - Agile, Scrum, Kanban, Waterfall
- Hands on in performing Manual & Automated Testing on Web-based, Client-server and Mobile applications
- Experienced in building Object Oriented and Page Object Module Automation Framework from scratch using Selenium WebDriver with Java, and establish a continuous integration framework with TestNG and Maven
- Expertise in test management and defect management tools such as HP Quality Center (QC)/ALM, JIRA, Zephyr
- Expert in writing testable Requirements & Test Cases, automation coverage & report execution
- Hands on experience in Manual, Automation using Selenium WebDriver, Jira, Quality Center and SQL for backend testing
- Proficient in SQL Server & Oracle databases to query and manipulate data for data validation & verification
- Coordinating experience of Requirement Grooming & Walkthrough Meetings with Dev, business & IT teams
- Adapt to Agile/Scrum methodology and represent QA team & process to project teams in fast environment
- Development & execution experience of Test Cases, Automated Test Scripts and Framework
- Able to understand & translate workflows, prototypes, wireframes & UML to Test Cases & Test Scripts
- Proven expertise in analyzing and understanding business requirements and translating these into test cases and test scripts
- Ability to perform various testing on mobile & cross-browsers, evaluates defects, assesses severity, provides clear instructions for reducing bugs, and sets priorities for the testing team
- Knowledge of Data Warehouse/reporting/ETL and perform Backend Testing by writing SQL queries
- Ability to manage time and priorities according to team/project objectives, in fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal skills, effective analytical and problem isolation skills with the ability to work both individually and in a team environment
Test & Defect Management Tools: HP QC/ALM, SELENIUM WebDriver, TestNG, Jira, TestRail, Zephyr
Operating Systems: MS Windows 2000/XP/7/8/10, Linux, MacOS, iOS, Android, Mainframe
Web & Application Servers: Java Web Server, Apache Web Server, BEA Web logic, Web sphere
MS Suite & Misc Tools: MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Outlook, SharePoint, Skype, WebEx, Slack, Jing, GIT, Intellij, Eclipse
Software Test Engineer
- Analyzed Use Case, and design specifications to fully understand of Test Deliverables for multiple projects
- Designed Manual and Automated test cases using Quality Center (QC), Jira, Zephyr, and Selenium WebDriver with Java to perform Functional, Smoke and Regression Testing against for Web-Based Applications
- Hands on coding experience using Java and Selenium WebDriver by creating reusable methods and commands by incorporating relative x-Path, Abstract Classes, Method Overload & Override
- Created Automated Framework with Data Driven Concept by incorporating TestNG annotations with Abstract Class & reusable methods to convert manual test cases into automation test scenarios with Maven dependencies and XML test execution
- Created and executed SQL queries using SQL Developer with Oracle to validate actual test results match expected results, identified and logged defects in Jira
- Participated in release and iteration kickoffs, retrospectives, daily scrums, and triage meetings
- Assisted dev teams on reproducing & successful resolution of defects using Jira
- Created Test Metrics to support decision making by the project manager and product acceptance criteria
- Interacted extensively with various on/off-site team members understand application functionality and scope
- Analyzed test results in order to report any defects, bugs, errors or configuration issues
- Communicated testing progress, test results, test coverage & RTM to management
- Assisted developing overall test strategy and test estimates for the program portfolio and plan the testing effort and strategy required for each application/project based on the development approach and timeline
- Performed Regression Testing on new development & defect fixes and User Acceptance Testing (UAT) with the business team to ensure quality standards for Agency Advertiser Account and Region modules
- Worked with cross functional & offshore teams on multiple projects and production issues
- Performed Cross-browser Testing across multiple browsers and environments using Selenium WebDriver
- Analyzed the Functional Requirement Document (FRD), Design Document and Wire-frames and developed necessary testing and artifacts.
- Created Test Plan for test deliverables
- Worked on web based application and Integration Testing
- Acted as a Point Person & gave walk through of the application to other QA testers
- Performed Smoke testing in every release, followed by Functional testing and logged valid defects per request
- Logged defect reporting and tracking using HP Quality Center and Share-point .
- Created Test strategy document that defines the test environment, Testing Process, entrance/exit criteria and different phases Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Developed Test Plan, Test Scenarios, Test Case using Excel, Defect Analysis Report, Test Matrices, Test Data, Test Reports and Test Specification for the application under test (AUT)
- Had Extensive communication with Developers, BA, PM and other testers
- Tested Dev environment, Staging (QA environment) & Prod (Live environment)
- Created Regression Test Suite once the project was live to perform necessary regression testing
- Performed Smoke testing, Functional testing, User Interface (UI), End to End, system testing, integration testing, Regression testing, User Acceptance Testing, Sanity, & Database testing.
- Performed Backend/database testing by developing SQL queries and validating data integrity using MySQl.
- Involved in Automation framework setup using Eclipse, Java, Selenium WebDriver jars, TestNG & Page Objects
- Designed Automation Test cases using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Page Objects, Abstract Classes, Reusable Methods & Constructors & relative paths
- Enhanced Selenium Test Cases for Cross Browser Testing in IE & Firefox
- Implemented Data Driven concept in Selenium WebDriver for data reporting
- Participated in weekly status meetings, and conducted walk through for team members, and documented the proceedings.
Confidential, New Jersey
- Developed detailed test plans, test procedures, and test report templates
- Developed Test Cases and Test scenarios for User Stories/features/requirements.
- Designed, implemented, reported, and executed both Manual and automated test cases
- Wrote/developed clear and concise defects reports.
- Validated defect fixes across multiple environments.
- Maintained and enhanced testing suites and procedures.
- Worked with product owners to establish User Acceptance Tests and communicated with developers regarding the correct fix for the requirements.
- Integrated with a cross-functional agile team and played QA role on multiple Projects.
- Understood overall product/system requirements and synthesized multilevel test requirements including functional, performance, stability, load and high availability, product usability, regulatory, spec compliance
- Worked in some key features in Confidential Web app for Schedule a Pickup, Confidential logo update, Track a Package, Log in process and more…
- Designed and developed automation test framework
- Performed Mobile testing on different types of operating systems such as IOS and Android.
- Engaged in system/software troubleshooting, problem reporting, and defect tracking
- Work with cross functional teams such as software deployment, systems integration, infra-structure, network, production, test labs, and provide support as required
- Used Quality Center for tracking requirements and communicated them to the team during the test process and translated the information to test procedures
- Transformed manual test cases into smoke and regression test scripts with automation tools using Selenium WebDriver & Java
- Performed Data Driven testing to test the Scripts by entering multiple set of inputs to test the application data.
- Developed SQL Queries, SQL Statements to manipulate & validate data in the data base.
- Documented test results, revise test cases and scripts as needed, and re-run test scripts to verify results
- Participated in team meetings with the developers and informed them of any deviations of the application, with regard to the requirements
- Identified, reported and monitored bugs / Defects using Bug Tracking tool HP Quality Center.
- Worked with developers to resolve issues found
- Performed re-test and verified bug fixes as needed
- Prepare regular Status Reports to communicate quality assurance activities to manager
- Implemented changes to enhance the effectiveness of application solutions quality assurance strategies including release management, deployments.