A Senior Data Architect/Analyst/Data Modeler/Test Lead with broad technical knowledge combined with outstanding leadership ability, analytical, and creative problem solving skills in the field of Heath care, telecommunications, insurance, banking, and finance. Particularly successful in data architecture, data analysis, data management, metadata management, database design, database administration, data warehouse, development, testing and implementation.
Languages: SQL, PL/SQL, Oracle Forms and Reports 6i, Visual Basic, COBOL, C, C++, C#/VB.Net, ASP.Net/ASP, ADO.Net, XML/XSLT, HTML, CSS, Web Services, Java, Python
Databases: Oracle, MS Access, SQL Server, ODBC, DB2, IMS, and Supra
Operating System: Unix(Solaris), Linux(Redhat), MVS/390, VM, Windows NT/XP
Others: SAS Base, SAS Enterprise, SAS Macro, SAS Reporting, SAS ODS, ERWIN 7.2, Toad, Business Object, Crystal Report, Visio, Excel, SQL*PLUS, SQL Developer,SQL Server Reporting Services, Data Transformation Services, Weblogic, Workflow Manager, AWS.
Confidential, Bothell, Washington
Test Lead/ Technical Architect
- Identify functional and technical gaps in design and development tasks
- Proven track record as lead and the ability to analyze interpret and implement business requirements
- Develop test approaches, test plans, and test cases for various processes within the Cinglepoint application based on requirements and design documentation
- Lead and test application components for adherence to requirements and design documentation
- Document results of testing and investigate any defects found and demonstrates the ability to cooperate with a variety of people and achieve high quality results
- Proactively initiates, develops, and maintains effective working relationships with team members and across teams within the organization
- Conducted integration and regression testing.
Environment: Oracle, Unix, Weblogic, Workflow Manager, Visio, SQL Developer, Access, Excel
Confidential, Renton, Washington
Senior Data Analyst
- Developed Alteon’s database and data structures guidelines, policies and standards. Ensured design and implementation consistency across all applications through out the company. This effort helped Alteon to reduce cost and development/maintenance time, as well as helped with improving system usability.
- Established data analysis processes and recommendations to improve data and information quality. Defined data management roadmap and proficient in SDLC methodologies and ensured appropriate procedures are followed by vendors and application focal to protect the data integrity of the Enterprise applications.
- Evaluated industry standard tools and used those tools to develop context diagrams, high/low level Data Flow Diagrams, logical and physical data models, data transformation and interface diagrams to support Enterprise Applications.
- Engaged subject matter experts and master data owners to define types, range, purpose and scope of all master data elements.
- Worked with project team members to gather business requirements, define data requirements, data analysis, database design, and database implementation, identify data related issues and provide documented solutions to those issues.
- Converted legacy Simulator data systems and inventory system to the integrated enterprise solution TDMS/ELOG by using tools such as PL/SQL, SQL Loader, Migration Workbench, and SQL Server Data Transformation Service.
- Actively involved with the resolution of the discrepancies between SAP customer data and ATMS revenue customer data with ICS interface process. Provided improvement for streamlining business and data processing, which helped the company with reducing processing expenditure.
Environment: Oracle (9i, 10g), SQL Server (2000, 2005), Visio, ERWIN 7.2, TOAD, Access, Excel
Confidential, Downer’s Grove, Illinois
Data Architect/Data Modeler
- Defined and composed Confidential ’s database objects naming conventions and guidelines and enforced database creation standards.
- Developed and maintained the overall data structure and architecture to satisfy business information needs.
- Developed and designed data flow processing, and ETL solutions to support business application.
- Managed company’s Client, Provider and Broker data. Identified data quality issues and designed and developed resolution strategies.
- Designed and created conceptual, logical, relational and dimensional models to capture business logic for multiple databases using data modeling tool - Erwin. Created appropriate constraints to enforce data integrity and security. Worked with application developers, business analysts, and Database Administrators to determine business requirement, database model requirements and architecture.
- Developed and published documentation/metadata/data models for the user community.
- Mentored junior team members and presented data architecture design for various projects to the development team.
Environment: Oracle (9i), SQL Server (2000), Visio, ERWIN, TOAD, Access, Excel
Confidential, Clayton, Missouri
Data Analyst/Data Modeler
- Gathered, analyzed, interpreted and evaluated the organizations key data needs in order to assist business units in developing priorities for the organization’s operating goals.
- Defined metric definitions and metadata. Used SAS business tool for management group to perform statistical analysis and performance measurement on SBC national customer subscription data.
- Designed, defined, and created relational and dimensional models and tables for SBC national repository database that contained all customer information from all regions of SBC.
- Engaged business users in the use of reports, analysis and modeling to drive solutions to business problems. Reported on, communicated, and presented results of quantitative analysis of business performance to the business users.
- Provided High Level and Low Level designs, User Interface Designs and documentations.
Environment: PC SAS, SAS Enterprise, Oracle 8i, TeraData Assistant, Visio, ERWIN, SDLC Express.
Confidential, Naperville, Illinois
- Analyzed database requirements, design and implement Database using Oracle 8i/SQL/Oracle Forms and Reports 6i for GSM, UMTS Call processing applications.
- Improved customer satisfaction and reduced development interval 25% by standardizing provisioning forms and streamlining application procedures.
- Designed and developed the user interfaces for ATM (Asynchronous Transfer Mode) Backhaul International feature in Oracle 8i environment, providing ability to terminate traffic and signal messages from wireless base stations, which provided greater capacity, reduced facility costs, and more standard open interface to the Packet Switch Unit.
- Developed static and dynamic provisioning data migration procedures, access procedures and permissions for multiple databases, cross-field and cross-table validations.
- Completed design, coding and testing for CDMA Closed User Group feature which resulted in its capability to detect the Incoming calls, thus increased the profit of over more than 25%.
- Performed deliverable testing for various features to prevent problems from being delivered to the customers in the field, thus reduced the frequency of field software problems by 20%, resulting in a saving of $15 millions.
Environment: Oracle 8i, Oracle Forms and Reports 6i, PL/SQL, ERWIN, UNIX (Solaris).
Confidential, Oakbrook, Illinois
- Designed and led a development team to develop an application which calculated, maintained, and managed fees for broker/dealers as well as provided GUI interface for fund account managers to maintain their managed investment cost databases. This application also generated a series of reports that captured the sales and assets under management data using Business Object and Oracle 7.
- Led a team of 7 Oracle developers, to develop PL/SQL codes to optimize very large databases and streamlined applications that were used to maintain mutual fund operations, thus increased database capacity, prevented resource shortages and shortened the execution times of long-running queries.
- Led development for a Mutual Fund Rewrite project that converted mutual fund order tracking system from Supra database to Oracle database.
- Created a visual basic application to maintain bulk mutual funds.
- Designed a new DB2 application which created four new tables and merged them with the existing tables from original database.
- Converted Confidential ’ Compensation System from COBOL to C.
- As an application expert, developed test plan and successfully performed system testing for the company’s Order Tracking System for the Year-2000 project.
Environment: Oracle 7, PL/SQL, DB2, COBOL, C, VAX.
Confidential, Chicago, Illinois
- Developed an automatic interface to the Trade Banking MIS system supporting Trade Finance for the purpose of consolidating and maintaining one central database of all Trade Finance data for Bank of America using DB2.
- Designed and implemented an application using DB2 for Account Reconciliation division.
- Created formatted reports for customers based on the business requirements using C.
- Created COBOL programs that generate files on the mainframe which were imported and implemented in lotus 1-2-3 and Q&A on client’s PC Application.
Environment: DB2, COBOL, C, IBM Mainframe.