- 8+ years of experience in Software Development Engineer in Test with hands on experience in QA Automation in the areas of Web, API, Databases/ETL based Applications using Licensed and open source technologies.
- Developed and tested Restful Services and SOAP services by using different tools like SOAPUI, POSTMAN.
- Executing web services tests SOAPUI, Automation testing in Selenium WebDriver and Manual testing.
- Experience on working SOA, XML, XSD and XSL, XPATH and designing Web Services using WSDL, SOAP, RESTFUL and used Testing Tools for Web Services like SOAPUI, API Testing
- Extensive experience with tools such as Selenium WebDriver, Junit/TestNG, Load Runner, Quality Center, JMeter, JIRA, and HP UFT / QTP
- Hands on experience in Development of Automation Scripts, Execution and Analysis Test Results using Hybrid, Keyword Driven Framework, and Data Driven Framework
- Experienced in designing customized hybrid framework (Keyword Driven & Data Driven) using Selenium WebDriver, Java, TestNG &Apache POI.
- Proven object - oriented analysis, design and development skills, advocate of TDD and BDD methodologies.
- Sound knowledge on Maven and Ant for Project building tool, Jenkins for Continuous Integration.
- Involved in entire QA Life Cycle, which includes Designing and Developing and Execution of the entire QA Process and Documentation of Test Plans, Test Cases, Test Procedures and Test Scripts for Manual and Automated Testing using Mercury Interactive tools.
- Proficient in writing and analyzing Business/ System Requirements documents and Use Cases, preparing Test Logs and Summary Reports. Good Understanding in Waterfall and Agile (Scrum) methodologies.
- Involved in entire Software Test Life Cycle (STLC), Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Bug Life Cycle from Inception and Transformation to Execution, which includes Design, Development, and Implementation.
- Extensive experience in writing and implementation of complex test plans, design, development and execution of test scripts for system, integration, UAT and regression testing.
- Involved in reviewing Functional specs, user documentation and use cases and developing Manual Test Cases out of it.
- Good programming skills in Java, Oracle, SQL, PL/SQL and experience in SQL Server, Access and Oracle Databases.
- Experience in using various kinds of Defect Tracking tools like Bugzilla, Clear Quest, Test and Director/ Quality Center (QC).
- Excellent interpersonal, team player and multi-tasking skills, participated in daily stand up meetings, status meeting and retrospective meetings in a distributed team environment.
Testing Tools: Selenium IDE, Web Driver, QTP, SOAP UI, Cucumber.
Testing Frameworks: Data Driven, Keyword, Junit and TestNG
Reporting Tools: Quality Center, JIRA/Zephyr and Clear Quest
Operating Systems: Windows XP/98/7, iOS and UNIX
Databases & Tools: SQL Server, My SQL, MS Access, Oracle
Web Servers: Microsoft IIS, Apache Web Server and Java web server
Internet Technologies: HTML, XML, JSP, J2EE
Confidential, Richfield, MN
Sr. QA Automation Tester
- Created, executed and automated test scripts using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG and MS Excel as source of Test Data. Executed test scripts and participated actively in System Testing, UAT and Regression Testing.
- Responsible for gathering business requirements and writing functional specifications and process documents pertaining to new customizations or enhancements.
- Prepared Test Plans, Test Scripts and Test Cases based on functional specifications and user requirements.
- Developed and maintained automated regression test cases in Selenium WebDriver using Java programming language and TestNG Framework. Performed Integration Testing as development team releases the product.
- Involved in extensive DATA validation by writing several complex SQL queries and Involved in back-end testing and worked with data quality issues. Performed Sanity testing and Ad-hoc testing when required.
- Responsible for testing packages using Informatica (ETL) to verify data completeness, data transformation, data quality, integration testing, UAT & regression testing.
- Found Defects, prepare Defect reports and Status reporting, Defect tracking using Jira.
- Good experience in testing both SOAP and REST services using SOAP UI, Postman, Rest Assured and tested both XML and JSON formats. Used Selenium WebDriver and TestNG to run the parallel testing.
- Used Maven and POM to help manage project's build, report and documentation across the network
- Developed test cases and tested them based on the Business Requirements, Test Scenarios and analyzed the actual results against the expected results. Created Maven Build files and used SVN for version control.
- Developed automation test cases using TestNG framework and Selenium WebDriver.
- Automated Smoke and Functional test cases using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG and Java (Eclipse IDE)
- Performed Data driven testing using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG functions and JDBC Connections which reads data from scripts using property and XML files
- Worked on distributed test automation execution on different environment as part of Continuous Integration Process using Selenium WebDriver and Jenkins.
- Implemented Automated execution of tests (nightly and need based) using Maven and Jenkins
- Generated Test data and Data Request document for various types of testing for valid data, Invalid data testing. Performed defect reporting and bug tracking using HP Quality Center.
- Introduced and implemented Open Source web test tool Selenium and WebDriver for cross browser testing
- Used SOAP UI tool to test SOA based architecture application to test SOAP services and REST API
- Performed SOA / web services testing using SOAP UI; wrote adaptors to test / invoke web services
- Executed Test Cases recorded in HP Quality Center manually to test the application for its functionality, system integration and verify the Exit Criteria. Wrote SQL query to perform data validation and verification.
- Coordinated with developers and system engineers to fix application defects.
- Implemented and worked on Acceptance Test Driven Development (ATDD) agile methodologies completing releases ahead of schedule. Used the snooping tool to capture images and update them in the JIRA.
- Actively participated in walk-through, inspection, review and user group meetings for quality assurance with BAs, SMEs and Developers. Used web-debugging tools like XPath, Firebug and Fire path to locate elements.
- Maintained Metrics and participated in the Weekly Status Updates showing the progress of the testing effort and open issues to be resolved. Performed cross-browser testing using Selenium WebDriver.
- Reviewed user requirements and provides direction in the identification of problem and potential resolution
- Implemented Page Object Model using Selenium WebDriver & in Java programming
- Participated sprint end demo meetings and worked closely with Agile-Scrum team members
- Used driver script to navigate the test data variables by using Selenium WebDriver
- Generated TestNG test result Html report after execution using Selenium WebDriver
Environment: TestNG, Appium, XCode, UI Automator MySQL, Java, Selenium Web Driver, Cucumber, TestNG, SOAP UI, Maven, Jenkins, Jira, ClearCase, Oracle, XML, Java Script, DHTML, Quality Center, SQL and Windows, Java/JEE, REST Assured, TestNG, JMeter, MS Word, Excel, HTML, XML.
Confidential, Chicago, IL
Sr.QA Selenium Tester (Manual/Automation)
- Analyzed business requirements and functional documents, created the test strategy document that define the test environment, phases of testing, entrance and exit criteria into different phases of testing and resources required to conduct the effort.
- Evaluated Business Requirements for testing needs and looped with business to improve test case generation techniques and Performance testing.
- Followed Test Driven Development (TDD) as much as possible and written test cases using TestNG for every relevant class. Have also performed functional black box testing as well as white box and test automation where applicable, develop and maintain the automation framework.
- Involved in writing Test Case by using Wireframe, Design docs and Acceptance criteria.
- Drafted Test Plan which included testing objectives, testing phases, scenarios and test environment after a thorough analysis of the business rules.
- Performed Data driven testing using Selenium Web driver and TestNG functions, which reads data from property and XML files. Extended Junit framework by adding some helper classes and methods.
- Created and enhanced numerous test scripts to handle changes in the objects, in the tested application's GUI and in the testing, environment using Selenium Web Driver, TestNG, Maven, Appium, JMeter, Zephyr with Jira and Jenkins. Used Maven to help manage project's build, report and documentation across the network.
- Developed Maven Build scripts to run Sanity Test Automation scripts developed in Selenium WebDriver and API Testing. Experience working with REST API Automation.
- Created automation framework in Selenium WebDriver using behavior driven approach like Cucumber.
- Performed white-box testing and code analysis/coverage of Broker (Java APIs) and 5 Adapter (legacy Python APIs) File Services. Involved in the Continuous Integration of the automation framework with Jenkins.
- Consult with teams on best practices for AWS platform and end-to-end lifecycle system deployments
- Create and implement automation processes and standards for AWS cloud services
- Created Selenium web-driver automation scripts using Java to validate functionality on various browsers.
- Used Selenium WebDriver for writing test scripts for regression test coverage IPTV or OTT testing.
- Worked on Data Driven Framework and MVC for Automation test scripts.
- Tested request and response XML's based web services interfaces using SOAP UI.
- Used XPath and DOM to work with dynamic and static objects in Selenium WebDriver, Team Foundation Server (TFS). Performed Web Services Testing and XML validation by creating test case suite using SOAP UI.
- Used HP ALM 11.0 for Test scripts, Rational Clear Quest for Defect Management and SharePoint for version control of Documentation and accessibility by all project teams
- Created manual test cases, reviewed with different stakeholders to validate the functionality.
- Conducted backend testing using SQL queries, Relational database to validate data for database.
- Verified, edited and update test data in new or existing systems before testing.
- Coordinated with technical support associates to fix proprietary software issues.
Environment: Java, Selenium WebDriver, Jenkins, JMeter, Cucumber, SOAP UI, Quality Center, TestNG, Maven, Eclipse, XPath, Python, XML, HTML, DOM (DOCUMENT OBJECT MODEL), CSS, MVC(Model-View-Controller), TDD (Test-driven development), SQL (Structured Query Language) and Windows
Confidential, San Francisco, CA
- Analyzed Business requirements and Functional documents, created the test strategy document that defines the test environment, phases of testing, entrance and exit criteria into different phases of testing and resources required to conduct the effort. Used Apache POI to read data from Excel sheet.
- In depth understanding of Object Oriented Programming and skilled in developing automated test scripts in Java. Used parameters, data provider Test NG annotations to perform regression and functional testing.
- Created automation framework and test scripts using Selenium Web-Driver for multiple platforms and browsers testing and automated mobile testing using Perfecto mobile testing android and IOS applications.
- Design, develop and implement Hybrid Driven automation testing framework utilizing Java, Test-NG and Selenium Web-Driver. Developed automation test cases, executed these test scripts.
- Used SVN repository for efficient remote team working, also stored the framework and all the developed test cases. Used Actions and Action classes for performing Keyboard and Mouse events.
- Configured Selenium Web Driver, Test-NG tools and created selenium automation scripts in java using Test-NG prior to next quarter release. Performed continuous integration automation testing using Jenkins.
- Performed functional testing to identify various critical points in the application and automated it by using Selenium Web-Driver with Test-NG.
- Tested compatibility of application for dynamic and static content under various cross browsers using HTML IDs and XPath in Selenium Web Driver.
- Prepared user documentation with screenshots for UAT (User Acceptance testing) using Selenium Screenshots. Attended weekly status meetings with development and management Teams.
- Used Firebug/ IE Developer Toolkit and Selenium IDE to capture and validate CSS Locators, html ids to identify elements. Reported defects to developer and discussed about the issues in weekly status meetings.
- Performed Integration and Regression testing to check compatibility of new functionality with the existing functionalities of the application using Selenium.
- Reviewed database test cases according to assigned Requirements to validate reports by retrieving data with complex queries using SQL Server.
- Designed data-driven testing framework in Selenium and captured data dynamically from web controls.
- Used automated scripts and performed functionality testing during the various phases of the application development using Selenium.
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex automation challenges involving Ajax, dynamic objects, custom object types, unexpected event handling.
- Involved in testing Web services and XML with tool called SOAP UI and using this tool to locate WSDL file on internet, create Test cases and run them.
- Developed test scripts to implement Test Cases, and features for Test Driven Development, Behavior Driven Development using Cucumber.
Environment: Selenium IDE, Selenium WebDriver, Unix, Apache POI, Auto IT, Java, HTML, CSS, X-path, Windows, SQL, Maven, SVN, SOAPUI, Cucumber, TestNG.
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
Sr.QA Analyst/ Selenium
- Tested the customized reports and dashboards on Salesforce.com and reported summary reports.
- Implemented and developed Automated Software Quality Assurance End-End Business scenarios using Selenium WebDriver. Expertise in workflow rules, approval processes and validation rules.
- Implemented and developed test harness with various test frameworks such as TestNG, Junit and Cucumber.
- Designing feature file in Cucumber which consist of parameters i.e. Feature, Scenario, Scenario Outline, Given, When, then required for execution code. Executing SQL queries to check data flow within framework.
- Involved in testing the migration of data from SharePoint to Salesforce objects using data loader and custom object import wizard. Worked on continuous integration environments and frameworks.
- Tested user's management, Public Groups, Profiles, and Roles within the Salesforce CRM this involved designating access to the applicable user within the role hierarchy.
- Involved in creating automation test scripts using Selenium Web Driver on Eclipse Neon.
- Working knowledge of CI tools such as Jenkins to move to CI / CD process and triggered the automation using Jenkins to generate the reports. Utilized various tools to streamline the testing: Jenkins, Firebug.
- Performed data-driven testing by developing data-driven tests to validate the same test with multiple sets of test data. Involved in using Maven build tool to manage framework dependency jar files.
- Performed Data driven testing using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG and JDBC Connections which reads data from scripts using property and XML files. Developed and Executed Junit Test Cases using Eclipse IDE.
- Used Ant, Selenium WebDriver, Jenkins and Java to create nightly automation scripts.
- Involved in testing compatibility of application for dynamic and static content under various cross browsers using HTML IDs and XPath in Selenium. Wrote and executed SQL Statements to retrieve data from back-end.
- Worked on Cucumber Testing applications and Responsible for preparing weekly status reports and validated the back-end data using SQL queries for data integrity.
- Performed web services testing using JSON and XML, REST full API automation with GET/POST using Postman. Developed SQL queries to query database to test backend process of application.
- Participated in daily SCRUM meetings and gave the daily status of testing.
- Attended the daily defect review meetings, weekly status meetings and walkthroughs and interacted with Business Analysts and Developers for resolving Defects.
Environment: Java, Selenium WebDriver, Salesforce, Hibernate, Ant, Jenkins, Junit, Post-Man, Eclipse Neon, Eclipse IDE, Xpath, JSON, XML, CSS, HTML, Firebug, internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, SQL, Oracle and Windows
Confidential, Fort Worth, TX
- Interacted with the Business Clients, Product Owners, Developers and QA Manager for clear exposure to trickle down the technical/functional User Requirements & Change Requests to Test Plans and Test Scenarios. Test case automation using SoapUI, Selenium test automation tool with Java.
- Written Automation Test Scripts using Java, TestNG, Selenium WebDriver and used MAVEN Build tool to run the Automation. Done Regression suite and smoke Suite Testing.
- Experience in creating strategy test plans, test cases and test estimation requirement traceability matrix.
- Created Automation framework, built the function libraries, executed parallel browser testing and modified the automation scripts by inserting the check points to verify the object properties.
- Created tests with Assertions like Schema Compliance, SOAP, XPath assertions using SOAPUI.
- Reviewing Business Requirements and functional specification document. Develop test cases
- Done Scripting Less Validations using SoapUI PRO. Reported bug using Project Tracking tool JIRA.
- Configured Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Maven tool and created automation scripts in java using TestNG prior to agile release. Done Automation Scripts for testing API using Java.
- Responsible for writing and testing the test cases using JUnit and TestNG.
- Performed data driven test to test application for multiple scenarios with different verities of data.
- Experience in Functional Testing, Data Driven Testing, Load Testing and Validating WSDL using SOAP
- Executing web services tests, Automation testing in Selenium WebDriver and manual tests in ALM 11.2
- Performed white box testing for the Web based application.
- Conducted weekly review meeting with management, users and technical team members.
- Coordinated and managed testing activities as per the agile methodology followed by project team members. Participated in Requirements, Design, and Release Readiness review sessions.
- Participated in the QA Meetings, Bug Review Meetings, Go/No-Go Meetings & responsible for updating & verification of the Project Checklist during the Deployments/Releases.
Environment: Win7, Selenium WebDriver, AWS, SQL Server, Oracle, XML, SOA testing, JAVA, J2EE, JIRA, WARP, Shell Scripting, DOM, Test Plans, Quality Center, Appium, UFT, CA LISA, End to End Testing, Toad, Jenkins, UAT, SOAP UI, REST, JAVA Script, Regression Testing, JUnit, TestNG, Puppet, Agile Methodology.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
- Performed review and analysis of functional requirements and test plan design documentation.
- Implemented and maintained Agile / SCRUM standards and methodology.
- Developed test scenarios and test cases based on functional business requirement specifications and design documents. Worked on configuring client applications to the server, hosted in the cloud architecture.
- Created test plans and test cases w.r.t the different clients specifications, developed and maintained checklists for regression, functional, system and interface testing. Performed load tests of web services.
- Prepared Business/Technical flow diagrams using MS Visio.
- Worked on the design and development of framework using Web Driver and JUnit.
- Installed and configured SOAPUI using WSDL file, setting up the database connection, used java and groovy scripting for creating test scripts. Worked on testing SOAP and REST web services.
- Validating request and response xml's, adding assertions, generating info and error logs.
- Performed security testing of the application and web services involved, using Selenium Web Driver and SOAPUI. Performed GUI smoke/sanity tests and regression tests for each test cycle, build and release.
- Worked on web services testing for Android (Samsung) and iOS (iPhone) devices.
- Logged defects in Quality Center and generated dashboard report.
- Performed ad-hoc manual testing involving data driven interface tests.
- Performed Functional testing for Web based applications through Mobile Devices, System Test, Regression testing and End-to-End Testing, Smoke testing & Production testing.
- Implemented cross-browser and parallel testing using Selenium Web Driver.
- Interacted with the Developers on a regular basis to resolve issues.
Environment: SOAPUI, Groovy, JSON, Java, XML, SOAP and REST protocol, Eclipse, Selenium 2.0 Web Driver, Selenium RC, Java, J2EE, JSP, Servlet, JDBC, Hibernate, Struts Framework, Spring, Junit 3.8.1, SQL, WebSphere Application Server 5.1, Oracle 9i/10g, Unix, Solaris, Putty, Windows 7, QC.
- Analyzed the user requirements, functional specifications and Use Case documents and created the Test Plans, Test cases for Functional testing. Performed Black Box and Unit testing using Equivalence Partitioning analysis. Review and understand the technical and functional specs for business logic and requirement.
- Tests developed in Eclipse to start and to stop the selenium server and to execute the tests in browser.
- Implemented Selenium Synchronization for Conditional and Un-Conditional waits using Implicit Waits and Explicit Waits. Involved in all phases of SDLC steps and all the project meetings, review meetings.
- Worked on Selenium scripts to find, verify, select, edit and perform various operations on web elements.
- Developing Selenium scripts to get the data from the webpage by using the methods like get-URL, get-Title, get-Attribute. Successfully Completed UAT on each release of project with help of end user requirements.
- Developing scripts to navigate to various iframes and to handle multiple windows and performed operations on the web elements. Worked in the agile environment on one of the project called - Microbiology orders.
- Used Maven to execute Selenium automation suites on different platforms, browser combinations in parallel. Work with the Development team to ensure feasibility of design and clarify user requirements.
- Understand the business intelligence of data warehousing environments and the data flow from the source systems to the target systems. Develop test strategies and approaches that align with business users.
- Experience developing test plans and automating test cases following standard testing frameworks and agile methodology, using TestNG and JUNIT. Executing Maven, GitHub and ANT projects using Jenkins.
- Automated the Data warehouse testing using selenium tool - creating framework - data driven technique.
- Develop test plan, test scenarios, scripts and test cases that match the business user's objectives to confirm the system functions are met.
Environment: IPM, Quality Center 10.0, Windows, HP Quick Test Pro 10.0, VB Scripting, Java, Selenium WebDriver, Ant, Jenkins, Maven, Junit, Eclipse IDE
- Developed and maintained automated test scripts for Regression testing.
- Interpret application architectures and identify areas for automation.
- Developed Automation Scripts for Regression using Selenium Web Driver and Java.
- Developed and executed SQL queries in the database to conduct data integrity testing by checking the data tables on the server. Performed performance and load testing of an application.
- Involved in Performing Functional testing, Regression testing, System testing, Integration testing, Security testing, Configuration testing, GUI testing and User Acceptance testing.
- Created Test plan, High level scenarios, test case construction and test estimates, resource estimates and weekly status reports. Implemented Agile/Scrum methods for testing approach.
- Conducted Test Case Walkthroughs to achieve consensus on Test Case correctness& completeness ensuring width and depth of test scenarios. Recorded and managed defects.
- Performed Regression testing for new builds and every modification in the application using Selenium WebDriver. Analyzed test results and prepared test/defect summary report for Sr. Management.
- Worked on Integration of Selenium RC/WebDriver with existing API to test Framework.
- Performed Compatibility testing of applications for dynamic and static content of browsers using HTML Ids and XPath in Selenium. Configured Selenium and GRID scripts on Virtual machines.
- Responsible for Setting up Web Services project using WSDL in SOAPUI and provided setup help to other team members. Managed Test results and defects using JIRA defect tracking tool.
- Prepared user documentation with screenshots for UAT (User Acceptance testing).
- Monitoring resolution status of the bugs and verify them fixed in new releases.
- Maintained Selenium scripts in between releases.
Environment: Selenium, TestNG, SVN, JIRA, SoapUI, Quick Test Pro, Quality Center 9/10, SQL, Ruby, Agile, HP Load Runner 9.1, XML, Java, Web Services
- Analyzed the System Requirements, Functional requirements and Business Requirement Documents.
- Reviewed the Business Requirement Specification (BRS) and Functional Requirement Specification (FRS) with the business and development team to understand the architecture and functionality of the application
- Participated in daily Scrum meetings to update team with work that was completed last 24 hours, work planned for next 24 hours and any impediments that is blocking the work
- Developed & Placed Test cases, Test scripts, and Expected result in HP Quality center.
- Participated in User Story review meetings and provided inputs/feedbacks to BA's.
- Understood PBI'S (Product Backlog Items) for any sprint. Worked closely with Scrum Master.
- Handled Defect life cycle process independently and handled issues by interacting closely with Business Analysts, Developers, Performance Testers, end users and other members of the Team.
- Conducted peer reviews for the test plan and Participated in walkthroughs.
- Maintained requirements and created Traceability between Requirements and Test Cases.
- Tested various modules such as Carrier Services Request Manager Dashboard/Main screen, Work in Progress (WIP) screen, Reports generation, logs, database testing for reports generated etc.
- Performed Backend Testing by writing SQL statements using Oracle Database and SQL Navigator.
- Responsible for GUI, System, Regression and User Acceptance Testing.
- Perform smoke Test for the Interfaces and management reports.
- Tracked defects using QC/ALM and conducted Bug-Review meetings.
Environment: SharePoint, vb.net, Oracle, Windows XP, IE9, QC.