- Over 7+ Plus years of total experience in software Quality assurance testing and SDLC process.
- Experience in Bank, Retail, Financial services, Real Estate, Health and Insurance domains. Outstanding knowledge of Web Technologies and Client/Server Architecture, and have experience in Data Warehouse related projects.
- Highly proficient in working with automated testing tools like HP/Mercury Interactive Test Suite (Quick Test Pro, Win Runner, Load Runner, Quality Center /Test Director).
- Experienced in Mobile (iOS, Android and Windows) Testing includes Device, Tablet and App Testing on iPod, iPhone and iPad.
- Standardized documents like Test Plan, Test Scripts/Test Cases, and Daily Status Reports etc.
- Analyzed Business Requirements, Functional Requirement & High level Design documents.
- Created the Regression Test cases and automated them for the purpose of regression testing.
- Automated Test cases using scenario based approach using action segments and functional decomposition methods.
- Implemented UFT/QTP for automating the Regression Sets.
- Designed the Data Driven tests in Quick Test Professional (UFT/QTP) script to validate with different sets of test data.
- Wrote User defined Functions using Vb. Scripting for calculating the check Price and verifying Credit Card verification.
- Experience in developing the Data driven Framework, Keyword Driven Framework for maintaining the automation scripts and worked on reusable functions using VB Script to increase the reusability in the automation.
- Performed Sanity, Functional, Integration, Reliability, Compatibility, System, Regression, Stress, Performance, End - to-End and User Acceptance Testing (UAT) testing.
- Good experience in Property & Casualty, Life Insurance, Annuities, pension- and retirement-related investments, Mutual Funds, Group Insurance, Retirement Services, Investment Management
- Good understanding of RDBMS- Relational Database Management Systems and worked on different databases like Oracle, SQL Server, Sybase and DB2.
- Experienced in All aspects of QA, QA methodology, and the SDLC. Highly proficient with HP ALM, Quality Center, QTP/UFT.
- Excellent skills in automated test tool Quick Test Professional (QTP), QA Wizard, Soap UI and Web metrics.
- Expertise in problem solving and bug tracking using bug tracking Tool Quality Centre.
- Good experience performing Database Testing using SQL Queries and procedures.
- Experience in Browser Compatibility Testing: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Netscape
- Excellent experience performing Black Box, Ad-Hoc, Integration, Functional, User Acceptance Testing, System, Exploratory testing, Cross browser testing, Database testing, Smoke, UAT and Regression Testing.
- Have hands full of experience in Agile-SCRUM Methodology
- Expertise with Mobile testing on Blackberry, iPhone and Android.
- Experience in analyzing test result and submitting the bugs using Bug Tracking tool Quality Center (QC) and Team Foundation Server (TFS).
- Experience working within Waterfall and Agile SDLC methodologies.
- Working knowledge of scripting using VB Script.
- Expertise working with Microsoft Project, word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint.
- Experience in writing SQL queries, Analysis of Defect Severity, Defect Tracking Defect Reporting in Quality Center
Automated Testing Tools: QTP, Quality Center, Test Director, Load Runner, Win runner, TFS, MTM, SOAP UI, JIRA
Operating Systems: Windows 7, Windows, Unix, Linux, Android, iOS & Mac
Web Technologies: ASP, ASP.NET, HTML, DHTML, Java Script, VB Script, XML
Development Tools: Visual Studio, Eclipse, TFS
Database Technologies: SQL server, MS- Access, Oracle, DB2
Version Control Tools: VSS 6.0, CVS, Team Foundation Server (TFS)
Others: SharePoint, MS Project Server
Sr. QA Tester
- Validate the date from EDI transaction in the front end as well as back end.
- Analyze business and system test requirements, manage development of specifications to create and execute detailed test plans, test strategy, test estimation and verify bug fixes.
- Set claim processing data for different FACETS Module.
- Prepared Test Plans and Test Cases based on the functional requirements and HIPAA regulations like 834, 837, and 835.
- Actively participated in requirement reviews, planning, estimating, writing and executing test cases, reporting, proficient in implementing QA processes/procedures and have proven expertise in manual testing
- Experience in testing FACETS application modules like Enrollment, and Claims.
- Helped team in Creating detailed test scripts for testing
- Defect tracking and bug reporting using Quality Center. Analyzed BRD and create test scripts and test scenarios for various mobile banking environments.
- Conducted Validations for different FACETS modules Providers, Claims and .
- Define and implement testing at the module and system level
- Reported project status and other related escalations, maintained case logs and reported product issues to the lead.
- Worked on creating specifications for transitioning business from HIPAA 4010A to 5010 and from ICD-9 to ICD 10.
- Work closely with R&D and Client Support in software development and debugging
- A good knowledge of Interest Rates, Credit and Fixed Income Bond products, Interest rates swaps along with the trade flow for each of the instruments
- Created and maintained test data: different types of accounts for testing ATM transactions
- Experienced in Mobile device testing with Android, iOS operating systems and Win7/IE8 Tablets.
- Worked on Device anywhere to test applications on different cell phone
- Good knowledge on the usage of the tool Device anywhere to access the Mobile devices remotely.
- The project was initiated to leverage an enterprise application that maximizes the user of common processes, vendors, tools and technology to generate loans consistently for all channels and Produce a web-enabled mortgage origination platform across all channels
- Tested the applications response for positive and negative sets of data with data-driven testing procedures.
- Modified the scripts by inserting Text, Bitmap and Synchronization checkpoints.
- Created and managed objects in the application using Object Repository in Quick Test Pro.
- Performed Descriptive Programming wherever necessary.
- Involved in testing Web services and XML with tool called ‘SOAP UI’. I have been using this tool to locate WSDL file on internet, create Test cases, run them, do load testing, security testing.
- Automated scripts created are for execution of large number of claims for using the concept of Parameterization by using Data Tables.
- Back end testing using SQL queries to retrieve data set
- Automation scripts are handled based and on the concepts of Regular Expressions in UFT/QTP script.
- Extensively used the UFT/QTP scripting to create the actions.
- Created a single huge shared object repository for all the different modules by using the Object Repository Manager in UFT/QTP
- Used Dictionary and file system objects for Data manipulations in UFT/QTP
- Created some reusable library functions to support automation architecture using Screen based approach Used descriptive programming methods to identify Dynamic objects and automate complex scenarios
- Extensively used the VB Script to develop highly optimized scripts.
- Integrated the Quality Center (QC) with Quick Test Professional (UFT/QTP).
- Documented the Automation Plan, Design and Execution Specification.
- Involved in Smoke, Ad Hoc, Functional, Regression and Back end Testing.
- Reported the defects to the development team by using defect-tracking tools like Clear Quest, Quality Center.
- Retested the reported defects in the every build released and closed the defects in concern tools.
- Performed End-to-End testing manually.
- Detecting bugs & Classifying them based on the severity.
- Involved in the tracking and updating of the Requirement Traceability Matrix, thereby linking the test cases with the business requirements as well as other associated test cases in Quality Center.
- Assured the project meet the defined business requirements and follow defined quality process.
Confidential, Newark, NJ
- Wrote Test Plan and Test Cases according to business requirement.
- Wrote Test Cases using MS Excel.
- Performed data driven testing by data driver wizard and parameterization.
- Creating and updating test cases based on new and/or /updated functional or interface requirements
- Performed requirement traceability by setting automatic alerts for tracing changes in the requirements and system maintenance
- Manually performed functional testing based on the specification documents.
- Imported test cases from MS Excel, MS Word to Test Director.
- Constantly tested SQL for joins and contexts for new object creation.
- Used shell scripting to run the scripts as a part of creation of test environment and then validate the data.
- Participated in weekly meeting with the management team and walkthroughs
- Tested applications and documented results and bugs including documentation of information useful in the debugging process
- Generated the test execution report in Test Director to be reviewed by the QA Manager and development team.
- Attended weekly defect report meetings and presented progress update status.
- Participated in walkthroughs and meetings with business analyst, developers, team lead and QA manager on regular basis.
- Provided modification and enhancement request as needed to correct the defect and make the software more useable.
Confidential, NYC, NY
- Worked closely with QA Manager and Business Analyst to prepare Business Requirements to create Test Plans, Test Cases and Test Approach/Strategy documents.
- Attended Change Request Meetings to ensure products and changes are fully documented for further Test changes.
- Performed SIT, UAT, Functional/Regression, Smoke/Sanity, frontend, and Interface testing for web application by creating various positive/negative test cases.
- Manually tested the Web application to ensure the flow of the application functionality.
- Created Test Plans and Scenario which describes the features and functions to be tested.
- Performed Usability and Integration testing manually.
- Prepared Test Cases and performed extensive frontend testing
- Generated various reports and graphs from Quality Center and analyzed the testing process overview. Prepared Test Cases based on Business Requirements and required documents.
- Contributed functional and technical assistance/production support, including service requests and remedy tickets; worked with SQL.
- Worked on generating OTC, FX, Swaps, Fixed Income derivatives volumes by total trade, incoming/outgoing payment items, number of new transactions
- Performed hands-on testing of all the business flows related to Fixed Income trading involving When Issue securities, Re-opens, all Gov. Bonds, Agencies, Futures and Options.
- Document request/response XML's, test procedures and functional/technical findings from the test run
- Responsible for performing Smoke tests and supporting Trade flow applications and systems, which involve Financial Instruments like Securities, Fixed Income, Equities, FX, Money Market, Swaps, Derivatives and its sub-types
- Active involvement in Pre Sales, RFPs and Business cases, Market Analysis of Third Party Capital Market Products
- Performed system and integration testing on Trader Application, where traders can enter, monitor, manage & optimize orders in listed and over-the-counter individual equities/stocks, equity/stock options and Fixed Income securities. Also validated Traders ability to identify news or price-driven trading opportunities.
- Imported test cases from HP Quality Center to MS Excel or MS Word.
- Created and maintained SQL Scripts to perform back-end testing on the oracle database.
- Involved to report test planning, defects and executing activities using QC reports.
- Created test plans, conditions, scripts, and test data; performed product testing, user acceptance, remote user testing, usability standards validation, and performance testing; and resolved system defects.
- Performed Security Testing on the application.