- Strong knowledge in implementing Waterfall and Agile (Sprint/Scrum) Methodology by analyzing requirement specifications and responsible for developing Test Objective, Plans, Scope, Test procedures and Test Matrices.
- Well versed with Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC), Logging and Tracking Defects in all the phases with major responsibilities and Diversified experience in Automation and Manual testing serving various domains.
- Experienced in designing customized Hybrid framework, Keyword Driven, Data Driven& POM to make maintenance process easier and achieve efficiency, re - usability and accuracy across applications
- Experience in White Box and Black Box testing for functionality and structural flow of an application
- Proficient in using test automation tools such as Selenium WebDriver/RC/IDE/Grid, Cucumber, SoapUI to develop automation testing scripts for web and client server applications
- Proficient in writing Selenium WebDriver automation scripts in Java using Maven, Jenkins, Firebug and TestNG Annotations for web applications
- Having experience on Mobile Automation (Android & IOS) using Appium (Selenium) and Perfecto
- Extensively used SQL queries for Back-End Database testing.
- Experience using Accessing Forms, tables, link, Keyboard Mouse Events, Uploading File using Selenium WebDriver
- Experience in locating web elements by XPath, CSS, Link text, Id, Name, Class name, Tag names, partial Link text using Firebug
- Experience in testing and handling different frames (frames, iframes) of a HTML page with having different DOM's for every iframe.
- Experience on using AutoIt for file uploading to simulating user interaction on Microsoft windows file upload dialogue window.
- Hands on experience with AWS web services such as Amazon DynamoDB, S3, Ec2 Instance.
- Productively involved in Defects logging and managing Defect Life Cycles using HP Quality Center, JIRA, also Segregated defects based on the hierarchy of the effects on the test scripts using Log4j.
- Experience in using implicit and explicit waits for handling Ajax requests and synchronization in Selenium
- Experienced in using Apache POI to read data from external sources to feed locators into the test script.
- Extensively used Selenium APIs such as Take Screenshot for Capturing Failed test cases
- Handling the certificate errors using profile for Firefox and Desired Capabilities for IE and Chrome
- Proven skills in SQL, RDBMS and UNIX variants like LINUX, Solaris, HP-UX.
- Work experience in integrating Selenium WebDriver automation scripts on Continuous Integration tools Jenkins/Hudson
- Expertise in Grouping of Test Cases, Test Methods and Test Suites for regression and functional testing using the TestNG annotations like Groups, Parameter, Data Provider
- Experience with Cross-Browser and Compatibility Testing to test whether the web applications are working as desired in different browsers and environments
- Conversant with ANT and MAVEN project build tools
- Maintained the Selenium and JAVA automation code and resources in source controls like SVN, GIT over the time for improvements and new features.
- Proven ability in developing Behavioral Driven Development (BDD) scripts and Acceptance Test Driven Development (ATDD) with Cucumber and writing step definitions for behavior using Gherkin and solid understanding of Test Driven Development (TDD).
- Strong experience with SOA architecture which include SOAP Web Service and RESTful Web Service Testing using SOAPUI, XML, &WSDL, URI
- Experienced in Back-End testing to ensure data consistency on front-end by writing and executing SQL queries
- Generated test logs using Log4j for various log levels.
- Experience in working on databases such as Oracle, MSSQL Server, My SQL and JDBC connectors
- Good at using Test Management tools such as Rally, JIRA, ALM, QC bug reporting tools to track test progress, execution and deliverables.
Test Tools: Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Protractor, Selenium RC, Selenium IDE, Selenium Grid, JUnit, TestNG, SOAPUI, cucumber, Autolt
Frameworks: Spring, Hibernates, Angularjs
Testing Frame works: Keyword Driven, Data Driven, Hybrid, POM
Test build and Integrated Tools: Maven, ANT, Jenkins
Performance Testing: JMeter, HP LoadRunner
Markup Languages: HTML, CSS, XML, XPath, JSON
Mobile Testing Tools: APPIUM, Perfecto Mobile
Defect tracking and management tools: JIRA, Rally, QC ALM, Bugzilla
Database tools: SQL Server, MySQL, Oracle
Utilities: Eclipse IDE, intelliJ IDE, GIT, SVN, Firebug, Fire Path
Project Methodologies: Agile, Waterfall
Web Browsers: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari, Opera
Platform Compatibility: Windows 7/8, UNIX, LINUX, Mac OS
MS Office Tools: Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Access, SharePoint
Confidential, Denver, CO
Senior QA Engineer
- Involved in Sprint planning, Review Sessions, Scrum meetings. Developed Test Scenarios, Test Cases, Test data, Test procedures, Test reports.
- Understanding and analyzing User stories based on Detail acceptance criteria for the corresponding Sprint.
- Involved in defect review and triage meetings to resolve the defects
- Developed Behavior Driven Development(BDD) framework using cucumber.
- Implemented Page Object Model Automation framework with Java, Selenium Web Driver.
- Automated functionality to read data from external source such EXCEL, Properties File.
- Used selenium grid for cross browser testing.
- Analyzed the logs for errors and exceptions during test execution.
- Used Apache POI to read data from Excel files and configured log4j for better logging mechanism
- Used Parameters and Data Providers and Generated test reports in TestNG
- Generated reports from TestNg for project team members
- Executed test cases in parallel using testing
- Used Desired Capabilities to configure driver instances and set browser properties for Firefox, Chrome and IE browsers and to handle SSL certificate Errors in Selenium WebDriver
- Experience testing SOAP and REST Web services.
- Utilized web developer tools such as POSTMAN to test the calls to the web services and check if correct data is returned.
- Tested SOAP and REST web services using the different assertions like HTTP assertion, security assertions, XPATH assertions in READY API assertions
- Identifying right candidates for Mobile Automation
- Developing Appium Scripts for Native Android/IOS Apps using Java
- Identifying objects of App using UI Automator tool for Android and Appium Inspector for Iphone
- Participated in developing common Appium framework for both Android and IOS
- Used different types of virtual devices (Emulator & Simulator) and real devices for Test Cases Validation
- Prepared the data to cover various scenarios and wrote SQL scripts to verify the database updates, inserts and deletion of the records.
- Used Maven for build management and Continuous Integration using Jenkins.
- Version control is done by using GitHub
- Managed user stories and tasks using Rally as tracking tool.
Environment: Selenium WebDriver, Selenium-Grid, Java, TestNG, Windows, MS office 2007, Agile, EclipseReadyAPI, Jenkins, Appium, Oracle, Cucumber, Firebug, Maven, GitHub.
Confidential, WILLIAMSBURG, KY
- Drafted Test Plan which included testing objectives, testing phases, scenarios and test environment after a thorough analysis of the business rules and discussed ambiguities with business analysts.
- Participated in technical, status review, and release and production meetings.
- Developed framework from scratch by implementing Data driven and Page object mode.
- Designed and developed automated scripts for functional, regression, sanity, and integration testing using Selenium.
- Wrote BDD UAT using Gherkin format and implemented the step definitions using Cucumber.
- Used Selenium Web driver, Parallel Processing, Eclipse TestNG Annotations in creating HTML reports, Test Suites and Test Scripts
- Used TestNG annotations like groups, parameters, Data Providers to group the test cases, test methods, test suits for regression and functional testing.
- By using Perfecto Mobile checked the status of the application
- Hardware testing and Synchronization with different mobiles by Perfecto.
- Synchronization, Time outs and Real device view was done by Perfecto Mobile
- Responsible for Cross-browser testing and running the automation script in parallel.
- Implemented Cucumber to write scenarios and Step definition files.
- Wrote Maven build dependencies to automate the compilation and execution of JUNIT test Cases/suites.
- Maintaining the Selenium scripts in GIT repository
- Used Selenium Screenshots to prepare and report bugs in the documentation.
- Used Selenium Synchronization and handled multiple windows using Selenium scripts.
- Used SOAPUI tool to test SOA based architecture application to test SOAP services and REST API.
- Extensively queried through SQL to check the database records in MySQL database.
- Prepared and executed batch test suite through TestNG via Maven
- Used Jenkins as continuous integration tool.
- Upload and download files by using AutoIt.
- Used Apache POI to read data from Excel files.
- Suggested automation process improvements & engaged in framework enhancements.
- Coordinate with developers to prioritize defects and rectify them.
- Performed multi browser testing to check application can work on IE, Firefox and Chrome browsers
- Expertise in Project Management tools like JIRA to prioritize, classify bugs and tracked defects
- Successfully Completed User Acceptance Testing (UAT) on each release of the project with the help of end user requirements.
Environment: Selenium WebDriver, Linux, JIRA, REST API, SOAPUI, SQL-Server, Java, TestNG, Agile, Perfecto, Jenkins, JUnit.
Confidential, New York, NY
QA Automation Engineer
- Working in Agile Scrum Environment
- Developed automated test scripts using Selenium and in Java Eclipse
- Develop Test Plan, Test scenarios, Test cases, Test Scripts and Traceability Matrix
- Develop test automation framework based on Page Object Model, TestNG and Selenium WebDriver to reduce code and better maintenance
- Documentation of Automation framework design and methods
- Used Firebug Tool to identify the Object's id, Name, XPath, link in the application.
- Performed cross-browser testing.
- Performed testing on web services using SOAPUI with XML web services and SOAP.
- Created positive and negative assertions based on the business requirements.
- Performed Data Driven testing using SOAPUI.
- Reported defects through Jira and performing Regression to resolve bugs fixes.
- Designing the automation scripts using TestNG Annotations.
- Used Log4j to debug the defects which had effect on the Test Script
- Maintaining the Selenium scripts in SVN repository
- Configured Maven and Jenkins for better dependency and automatic build deployment.
- Configured Selenium Grid to execute tests on different machines against different browsers in parallel.
- Configured JDBC connections to retrieve data from database
- Used Eclipse IDE for Automation Development
- Review automation scripts and provides comments accordingly
- Update and Maintain regression suite for every release
- Prepare Daily and Weekly status reports and share with the management
- Worked closely with cross-functional teams (Dev, BA, PM, Product Owner) as a part of Agile environment
Environment: HTML, Microsoft Office WSDL, POM, Agile, SOAPUI, XPath, SVN, Selenium Grid, Jenkins
Confidential - Parsippany, NJ
- Participated in all phases of the Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC).
- Involved in the design and development of test plan from business and Functional requirements which includes test objectives, test strategies, test environments etc.
- Performed System, Integration, Smoke, Positive and Negative and monitored the behavior of the applications during different phases of testing using testing methodologies.
- Coordinated the testing effort towards End-to-End testing to verify the proper functioning
- Written the test cases and created the automated test scripts using QTP.
- Design & develop data driven framework to validate different Member profile using QTP, VBScript.
- Prepared documentation for assigned projects and followed software release procedures, requirements analysis using Quality Center for importing specifications and documents.
- Constant improvement of our Test Automation and Continuous Integration using Jenkins practices.
- Documented all defects found in HP Quality Center defect tracking system.
- Designed & developed data driven framework to validate different user form using Quick Test Professional (QTP)
- Extensively used VB Script & Descriptive programming to develop Data Driven Framework in QTP.
- Experience all types SQL queries like select, insert, update and delete records (CRUDE).
- Used SVN as source repository
- Understanding the Business requirements, Application and function specifications, Design documents
- Documented Test Scenarios (positive and negative) and Test Cases based on the functional specifications
- Responsible for Black Box Testing of the application
- Checked the client side and server side validations. Tested the functionality of the application
- Involved in developing the tractability matrix in Excel sheet
- Involved in updating and executing test cases per requirements.
- Identified the Test Cases and documented them in Quality Center.
- Performed GUI, Functional, Negative, Positive, Regression and User Acceptance Testing
- Scripted Complex Test Cases using SQL queries for data validation and to verify the data integrity in the database (Back end testing).
- Conducted the System, Integration and Regression of the web application
- Prepared test scenarios and executed to validate the Tables, fields, texts and images in the Application
- Performed Backend testing by extensively using SQL queries to verify the integrity of the database
- Involved in daily status calls and reporting
- Worked with development team on defect reporting, fixes and resolution; update management on testing results, activities and planning using QC
Environment: HP Quality Center, SQL Server, Windows XP, Microsoft office, Test Plan, Functional testing