- 7 years of extensive experience in Information Technology with emphasis on Quality Assurance, Data warehousing Testing, Manual testing of Web and Client/Server based commercial applications.
- Involved in the Analysis, testing and Implementation of Business Intelligence solutions using Data Warehouse / Data Mart Design, ETL, OLAP, Client/Server applications.
- Expert in Web - Service testing using SOAPUI, REST Client, Postman etc.
- Well versed with Software testing concepts, SDLC, Agile and Waterfall methodologies
- In depth technical understanding of Data Warehousing, Data Validations, OLAP, SQL Server, Oracle and ETL.
- Extensive experience in testing ETL data from multiple sources into Data warehouse using Informatica.
- Experience in Data Analysis, Data Validation, Data Modeling, Data Profiling, Data Verification, Data Mapping, Data Loading, Data Warehousing/ETL testing and BI Reports Testing
- Extensive ETL testing experience using Informatica Power Center 8.1/7.1/6.2 components (Designer, Workflow Manager, Workflow Monitor and Server Manager)
- Expert in using Test Management Tools - HP Quality center 10, Jira
- Worked with different querying tools like SQL Assistant, TOAD, Oracle SQL Developer, iSQL * plus
- Experience in writing complex SQL and PL/SQL statements.
- Experience in integration of various data sources with Multiple Relational Databases like Oracle, SQL Server, MS Excel, MS Access and Flat Files.
- Expert in Test plan, Test strategy, Test Case Design, Test Tool Usage, Test Execution, and Defect Management.
- Implemented various Test cases for the Functional Testing, smoke testing, re-testing, Regression Testing, Configuration Testing, Performance Testing, Back-End and User Acceptance testing (UAT)
- Ability to understand and adapt to new technologies and environments faster, good at analysis and troubleshooting and excellent analytical, programming, written and verbal communication skills.
Test Management Tools: TestDirector9.0/8.0/7.5, Quality Center 10 / 9.2 / 8.2
ETL Tools: Informatica 7.1/8.x, Data Stage 7.5, Ab Initio (GDE 1.13, Co>Op 2.13
Bug Reporting: Quality Center 9.2,Rational Clear Quest, Test Director, Bugzilla
Programming/Scripting Languages: SQL, PL/SQL, XSLT, JCL, HTML, XML
Operating Systems: Windows XP/NT/2000, DOS, Mac 10.4, AIX-UNIX, LINUX
Databases: Oracle 10g/9i/8i/7.3, MS SQL Server 6.5/7.0/7.5/2005, Sybase12.0/11.0, MS Access 2005, Teradata V2R6/V2R5
Reporting Tools: Business Objects, Cognos 8.0
Confidential, Glenn Mills, PA
Sr. QA Analyst
- Responsible for Business analysis and requirements gathering, creating test plan and reviewing test cases created by peers.
- Responsible for delegating tasks to offshore team and communicating productivity report to senior management.
- Extensively involved in all phases of SDLC (Software development Life cycle) and follows Agile methodology.
- Experience in loading from various data sources like Teradata, Oracle, Fixed Width and Delimited Flat Files.
- Worked on test data and completed unit testing to check all business rules and requirements are met. Also tested for negative data to check that the job fails on any critical error.
- Involved in Data Extraction from Teradata and Flat Files using SQL assistant
- Worked with the co-testers closely in determining both medium and high severity defects, that would potentially affect the downstream systems before the release of the project.
- Involved in Integrating and Functional System Testing for the entire Data Warehousing Application.
- Used TFS (Team Foundation Server) for defect tracking, developed Test Strategy, Test plan, Test cases, and Test scripts and various other project documentation.
- Tested several complex reports generated by Business Objects including Dashboard, Summary Reports, Master Detailed, Drill Down and Score Cards.
- Performed data quality analysis using advanced SQL skills.
- Strong ability in developing advanced SQL queries to extract, manipulate, and/or calculate information to fulfill data and reporting requirements including identifying the tables and columns from which data is extracted
- Written complex SQL queries for validating the data against different kinds of reports generated by internal report generation tools.
- Tested several data migration application for security, data protection and data corruption during transfer.
- Responsible to help testing team on creating test cases to make sure the data originating from source is making into target properly in the right format.
- Analyzed the data and applied relevant transformations and verified that the source data types are correct.
- Applied appropriate validation rules and created graph parameters to check the validations are correct so that the graph should stop.
- Maintained the Traceability Matrix between Requirements, Design Components, Test Cases and Defects.
- Participate in weekly meeting with the management team and walkthroughs
- Created different user defined functions for applying appropriate business rules
Environment: SQL,PL/SQL, TFS, MS Excel, Teradata SQL Assistant, Korn Shell Scripting, XML, XSLT, XSD, XPath, XML Spy 2010, MVS, COBOL II, JCL, VSAM Files, Putty, FTP
Confidential, Boston, MA
Sr. QA Analyst
- Analyzed complex analytics requirements for modules like Population Analytics, Registries,
- Fully involved in backend integration database testing by writing and executing SQL queries to ensure data integrity and data consistency.
- Prepared Data Mapping and Data Dictionary Files for transfer of data between CDR to LMR and FM table.
- Used complex SQL queries to verify ETL logic and data migration from CDR to LMR to FM and ensure data integrity.
- Involved in all the phases of Software Test Life Cycle, which includes gathering requirements, setup test environment, write and execute test cases, Report and follow up on defects.
- Participated in Requirement Analysis, Design review meetings and provide feedback
- Conducted Feature testing, Regression testing, performance testing on every release
- Created, Updated and tracked defects in JIRA, created user Stories and generated Tasks and
- Sub-tasks for each sprint, created dashboards and reports for progress tracking
- Verified patient data coming in from providers via Web Services using SOAPUI tool for integration between Population Analytics and Registries.
- Analyzed business requirements, create test plan, test cases and test data for each release/sprint.
- Utilized Spluk to access Production environment logs to identify any production issues and created report on issues including root cause analysis and shared with the stakeholders.
- Created mockups and wireframes for analytics reporting and UI enhancements based on user inputs.
- Used Bamboo to identify recent builds with fixes and to track progress on pending issues.
- Worked on Agile environment, attended daily stand ups, scrum meetings, worked on users stories
- Attended Scrum planning meetings to prioritize sprint tasks and create burn-down charts
- Participated in peer code review meetings with developers for learning purpose.
- Performed regression test on any applications in pre-prod environment after successfully completing extensive testing in QA environment prior to the Prod deploy.
- Verify de-identified data across training and demo environment to avoid PHI violation.
- Worked in the agile development environment and with frequently changing requirements and features set.
- Fully involved and participated in Registry restructure standalone planning and testing
- Developing and maintaining test scripts, analyzing bugs and interacting with development team members in fixing the defects.
- Performed demo of new applications prior to prod deploy to project team and business users.
Environment: Xcelys, Jira, SQL Server 2008, Oracle 11g,Windows NT & UNIX, Splunk, JAVA
Confidential, Newark, DE
- Performed data validation in middle ware environment where source data were in various format; flat files, XML, Json, Mainframe
- Performed web service testing using tools like SOAP UI, ARC chrome extension, Postman.
- Performed application logs validation in JVM using Linux commands.
- Involved in complex End to End testing for a project, which involved validating source data, testing data stored into Cassandra for enrichment purpose, data stored into Hadoo environment for analytical purpose, passing data to rule engiene and verifying rule fired or not and ultimately passing rules data to case management UI and various other downstream applications.
- Engaged in several near-Realtime fraud detection and prevention projects which involved validating data coming from external vendors such as Experian(41st parameter), InAuth,Visa, TSYS etc.
- Used TSYS mainframe to trigger various Non-monetary and Monetary transactions for End to End testing.
- Performed Middleware testing for applications used by fraud strategists by ensuring data was flowing from upstream applications and available for fraud strategy team to create strategies.
- Tested front end case management UI application used by fraud analysts by ensuring alerted transactions are displayed and various operations being performed, involving several web service calls to various upstream applications.
- Performed back end testing in logs, validating inbound Json/XML against outbound to downstream applications, to ensure data was being parsed and consumed successfully and to ensure Business rules were working as expected.
- Utilized REST API, SOAP, AppWatch MQ, and Kafka as part of middleware testing.
- Performed data validation on Hadoop environment, Hive/Impala GUI as well as Command line.
- Collaborated with a global team to ensure testing was done efficiently and thoroughly while meeting project delivery timelines.
- Created and presented Test plan to key stake holders.
- Attended daily scrum calls to communicate and/or discuss daily progress as well as any issues or roadblocks encountered during testing.
- Attended sprint-planning session to plan and estimate upcoming testing efforts and deliverables with project team.
- Attended meeting with Line of Business to go over the requirements and confirm priorities for upcoming sprint.
- Meticulously documented Test steps and results in order to provide a complete and easily understandable picture of how test was and can be performed.
- Tracked Test cases and defects using JIRA and HP ALM 12.0
- Responsible for system and problem analysis associated with complex applications development and QA activities throughout the SDLC lifecycle.
Environment: Informatica power center 8.6, Oracle 11g, SQL, PL/SQL, SQL Server 2005, UNIX, Unix Shell Scripting, IBM DB2, XML, SQL *Loader, Cognos 7.0, Erwin 3.5, Windows 2000, TOAD 7, Quality Center 9.2
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
ETL Tester/Data Tester
- Involved in Business analysis and requirements gathering.
- Developed Test Plan and overall Test Strategy for the Application.
- Preparation of technical specifications and Source to Target mappings.
- Involved in analyzing and testing interface/integration capabilities between client hospital Information Systems and Client products by reviewing Specifications and giving feedback as well as reporting issues to interface vendors and client technical team.
- Created and executed complex SQL queries on day to day basis to perform ETL testing as well as background testing to ensure proper data context, mapping, and analysis processing for historical data (historical data migration).
- Created Test Strategy for Enterprise Data Warehouse in ETL framework, including Business Intelligence.
- Extensively used SQL programming in backend and front-end functions, procedures, packages to implement business rules and security.
- Developed Test Scripts and executed them manually to verify the expected results and published the same to wider audience upon successful completion along with QA signoff.
- Mapped Business Requirement and functional analysis to comprehensive test scripts to cover all testable requirements.
- Reported status and critical alerts, participating in the system and application integration functional testing, helped in implementing software quality process and procedures.
- Strong in writing UNIX shells scripts. Automated and scheduled the Data stage jobs using UNIX Shell Scripting.
- Worked with ETL architects and SMEs to understand mappings for dimensions and facts.
- Responsible to extract test data from various sources like Oracle, flat files and SQL Server.
- Designed and created complex mappings using SCD Type II involving transformations such as expression, joins, aggregator, lookup, update strategy, and filter.
- Optimizing/Tuning several complex SQL queries for better performance and efficiency.
- Worked on issues with migration from development to testing.
Environment: Oracle 9i, SQL, data Stage, PL/SQL, SOAP UI, SQL Server 2005, UNIX, Unix Shell Scripting, IBM DB2, XML, SQL *Loader, Cognos 7.0, Erwin 3.5, Windows 2000, TOAD 7, Quality Center 9.2
Confidential, Pittsburgh, PA
- Participated in Requirement Analysis, Business Analysis, Use-Case Analysis and Gap Analysis.
- Developed Test Plans, Test Cases, Test Scripts, Test Scenarios, Test Beds, Test Data and Traceability Matrix.
- Conducted Functional, GUI, Regression and User-Acceptance (UAT) testing.
- Developed XML test files based on XML schema.
- Generated XML data files using XML Spy.
- Validated the Web Services (SOAP), both Request and Response messages.
- Tested the Source and Target databases and ETL process.
- Developed Test Cases and Test Design using Quality Center.
- Automated the scripts using QTP by developing VB scripts. Developed functions in QTP.
- Worked with SQL, PL/SQL and functions to test the database integrity (Oracle).
- Created Traceability between Requirements and Test Cases.
- Conducted Data Driven testing to test various sets of data. Worked with UNIX Shell Scripts.
- Tracked the defects using Test Director and generated defect summary reports.
- Maintained Test Logs, Test Summary reports and participated in defect review / Status / GO-NOGO Meetings.
- Configuration management / Version control was done using Visual Source Safe.
Environment: Mercury Tools, QTP 8.0, VB.NET, ASP.NET, IIS, XML, SOAP, Windows XP, SQL Server, Mainframes (DB2, JCL, CICS), MS-Office.