- Solutions - focused QA Analyst with 4+ years of professional experience; high-level proficiency with QC toolsets; and a foundation in Java, Advance SQL, Linux/Unix, and monitoring tools.
- Expertise in Smoke Testing, Backed end Testing, Black Box/White Box Testing, User Acceptance Testing (UAT), Functional Testing, Positive/Negative Testing, Regression Testing, GUI Software Testing, Ad-hoc Testing, Boundary Value Testing.
- Developed ETL designs with extensive use of aggregators, lookup, update strategy, router, and joiner transformations.
- Highly skilled in relational and non-relational databases with extensive experience in writing SQL queries.
- Excel in creating test plans and writing/running test scripts to pinpoint software defects, report defects, track bugs, close open defects and validate functionality. Serve as a value-adding member of QA teams.
- Experienced in Web Service testing and execution of automated functional test scripts.
- Expert using open source bug tracking tool HP Quality Center, HP Application Lifecycle Management and HP Nonstop.
- Experienced in complete software development life-cycle (SDLC) process from gathering requirements, preparing design documents, test cases for testing and change request.
- Execution of Test Scripts, Requirement Traceability Matrix, Defect Tracking, and Custom Report Generation.
- Experience working in Agile methodology as well as Waterfall methodology.
- U nderstanding of Hadoop architecture, Hadoop Distributed File System, and various components such as HDFS, Name Node, Data Node, Job Tracker, Resource Manager, Task Tracker, Node Manager, YARN, and MapReduce concepts.
- Possess good leadership and managerial skills, trained, mentored new associates to achieve our goals and targets.
- Exposure in administrative work like troubleshooting system and administration PC configuration.
- Analyzed business requirements, system requirements, and data mapping requirement (BRD, FRD, CR) specifications interacting with client, developers, and QA team.
- Quick and eager learner, effective team player with strong communication skills.
- SQA Testing & Methodologies
- Test Strategies & Coverages
- Functional Requirements
- Test Plans, Cases & Processes
- UI & Compatibility Testing
- Database & ETL Testing
- Defect/Bug Tracking
- Requirement Analysis
- Regression & Negative Testing
- Project & Change Management
- Documentation & Reports
Software: Putty, Eclipse, Informatica PowerCentre 9.1, Pentaho, SAS, UNIX/LINUX, Windows, SAP, Tableau, MS Office, MS Excel, Visual Studio, MS Visio, MS Project Professional
Databases: MS Access, Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, DB2, MySQL
Automation Tools: Selenium IDE, Web Driver
Test Management Tools: Quality Centre, ALM
Bug Reporting Tools: ALM, Quality Center, JIRA, BugZilla
Big Data Ecosystems: Hadoop, MapReduce, HDFS, Spark, Hive, Apache Mahout
Confidential, Pittsburgh, PA
- Understanding the Design and functionality documents.
- Designing Test Plans, Test cases for manual and automation testing.
- Using Python, Jasmine,Protractor, Catalyst for writing automation scripts.
- Performing unit, system, integration, sanity and performance testing.
- Designig Test Plans and Test Cases for Screenshot testing, Accessibility Testing.
- Using aXe, Wave, Dev Tools for Accessibility Testing.
- Helping other teams in converting intergration test cases into automation for a new platform.
- Daily screening of incoming company Feedback reports.
- Manage incoming reports and be a source of information for the character of the reports.
- Escalate emergent issues to PM and/or Dev team.
- Domain expert on the actual usage of the UIs they own.
- Advocates for product excellence by guarding against regression in critical user journeys and explaining the impact of bugs on user experience
- Top Daily Responsibilities:
- Screen all incoming bugs for severity and missing information.
- Escalate high priority bugs to SWEs for immediate triage
- Release/regression testing.
- Thorough feature testing for new features in both staging and production before they are released to alpha users.
- Documented and developed new functionality and designed test strategies, test scripts to uncover, identify and document software problems and their causes and prepared test data.
- Carried out extensive Backend Testing to ensure proper backup and restoring of data by writing SQL queries.
- Knowledge of debugging, normalizing the data and in tuning the performance of the system.
- Recognized for developing excellent test cases and rapidly discovering defect. Reported defects to the developer b y identifying software flaws, saving hundreds of thousands of dollars.
- Reported about 250 accepted defects to the developer, out of which 85% were very high priority.
- Analyzed business requirements, system requirements, and data mapping requirement, interacting with client, developers, and QA team.
- Implemented the whole life cycle of QA methodology starting from planning, capturing, creating, executing reporting, and tracking the defects using Quality Center.
- Responsible for updating and maintaining the Quality Center, for all the defects found during functional and regression testing and follow up of the bug life cycle.
- Experience with conducting and running defect triage meeting with development team, on-site team, and testing team.
- Performed SAP TM, CRM, and ERP testing to test the business flow. Interacted with clients, participated in client consulting.
- Worked on SOA architecture, done service testing using SoapUI and JMS test client tools.
- Involved in design and implementation of Selenium WebDriver automation framework for smoke and regression test suites (TestNG and Maven).
- Maintained Test Logs and Test Summary Reports and mentored the team to use HP-QC/HP-ALM.
- Effectively written test cases which fulfilled 100% business requirements.
- Created Test Scenarios for System testing and Regression testing.
- Developed applications for performing CURD operation on employee details of a company using UNIX as front end, ORACLE as database and Python as back end. Tested web applications on Firefox and Internet Explorer.
- Verified and Validated the Data using SQL queries. Developed Test Plans, Test scenarios, Test strategy and Test Reports.
- Completed the testing for each roll-out before time for Authorization testing (Security testing) on HPQC.
- Designed webpages with HTML and CSS to understand the concepts of scripting.