- Around 6 years of professional experience in software testing, automation in domain technologies like Banking, Finance, Health Care and Insurance..
- Strong knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) like Agile Scrum, Waterfall.
- Extensive experience in automation testing tools such as Selenium WebDriver, JUnit/ TestNG for web application
- Expert in Automation tools like Selenium IDE/RC/Grid, Selenium Web Driver and Appium.
- Hands - on experience in setting up the SDET environment of Appium for automating test cases of applications that are running on iOS and Android devices.
- Experience in building Test Scripts using Java and JUnit/ TestNG Frameworks.
- Experience in developing/maintaining Test Frameworks for Automation using Selenium and Java (Page Object model, Metadata Driven, keyword Driven, Data Driven models).
- Experienced in manual testing and automate SOAP and Restful Web Services using SOAPUI, Apache HTTP Client, JAXB parsers and using Middleware Testing and SOA Testing.
- Hands-on experience in setting up the SDET environment of Appium for automating test cases of applications that are running on iOS and Android devices.
- Performed both manual and automation for the mobile app on Android mobile device using Android SDKs and Appium Server.Expertise in automation testing using Selenium Web Driver /Grid/Firebug.
- Strong expertise in designing and executing the SQL queries in MS SQL server, MYSQL, Oracle SQL Developer in order to ensure the data integrity and to perform the backend testing.
- Proficient in automation testing to perform different types of testing such as Functional Testing, Integration Testing, System Testing, User Acceptance Testing and Regression Testing.
- Extensive use of HP Quality Center tool as the test management tool and the defect tracking tool.
- Experience in Configuration Management tools like CSS, SVN and GIT.
- Well Experienced in using JIRA, IBM Clear Quest, Quality Center as defect tracking tools.
- Good knowledge of UNIX/LINUX. Well Experienced in tools like JIRA, Rally.
- Experience in using Maven and Jenkins.
- Web pages development using JAVA, HTML, MySQL, and MVC Design Pattern, OOPS, JAVA/J2EE, JDBC, Exception handling, multi-threading, Networking, Java Collections
Languages: Java, C, C++, SQL, Java, XML, HTML, CSS
Databases: Oracle, MySQL, PL/SQL, MongoDB
Web Services: SOAPUI, RESTful Services, WSDL, UDDI, Rest Assured, Postman
Testing Tools: Selenium IDE/WebDriver/Grid, Appium, TestNG, Junit, Chrome
Developer Tools: Labs, JMeter, Firebug, Firepath, J2EE, Log4j, JXL
Build Tools/Coverage Tools: Ant, Jenkins, Maven
Bug Tracking Tools: JIRA, Bugzilla, Rally
Servers: Apache Tomcat, Amazon Web Services
Testing Methodologies: System, Acceptance Testing, Functionality, Regression, Build Acceptance Testing, Go-Live Testing
IDE’s: Eclipse, IntelliJ, NetBeans
Platforms: Windows, iOS, Unix
Version Control/Desktop Applications: Git, SVN, CVS
Confidential, SFO, CA
Sr. Automation Test Engineer
- Analyze user stories and participate in various meetings like Sprint planning, Scrum Meetings, Review Sessions & Sprint Retrospective.
- Develop and Execute test Scripts using Selenium WebDriver/Java, TestNG and analyze Test Results.
- Perform parallel and Cross Browser testing on different browsers where multiple tests were run at the same time.
- Manage the framework dependency jars using Maven.
- Use Page object Framework for ease of maintenance of scripts.
- Involved in Web services testing using SOAPUI Tool. Validate request and response XML. Add assertions to validate the XML for SOAP and RESTFUL service.
- Apache Http Client uses a Http Uri Request to send and receive data and handled various methods using Http GET, Http POST, HTTP DELETE, HTTP PUT method.
- Perform backend testing by writing and executing SQL queries to validate that data is being populated in appropriate tables and manually verify the correctness of the data with front-end values.
- Manage individual sprints, user stories, Test defect cycle, and tasks using Jira as tracking tool
- Perform Functional testing as per user stories and also perform Integration Testing & Regression, using Selenium WebDriver automation scripts.
- Use GitHub as a source repository system.
- Use Jenkins for continuous integration of test automation scripts
- Verify the integration of various components in the application and execute end-to-end testing.
- Participate in Release Review/Requirement Analysis and Design review meetings.
Environment: Java, Oracle, Selenium WebDriver, XPath, Firebug, FirePath, JXL, Agile, TestNG,, Log4j, Maven, Jenkins, Jira, GitHub, Web Services, SOAP, RESTFUL, SoapUI, JMeter, Apache HTTP Client, JAXB, XML, CSS, JSON, HTML
Automation Test Engineer
- Analyzed the User stories, Editorial, Comps and the Wireframes to understand the requirements.
- Reported Ambiguities present in the various documents.
- Responsible for creating test cases in the Quality Center.
- Performed various types of testing such as Sanity Testing, Functional testing, Automation testing, Regression testing, Post pre-production and Post production testing, usability testing, UI testing.
- Automated functional test cases of the web application using Selenium WebDriver/Java/TestNG.
- Executed SOAP based web services API testing.
- Used XML files in sending/receiving XML requests using SOAPUI.
- Verified WSDL files, asserting files using various In-build assertions, performed Data Driven testing in SOAPUI.
- Performed REST API Testing using Http Java Test Client for SOAP/REST web APIs.
- Handled various methods using Http GET, Http POST, HTTP DELETE, HTTP PUT method.
- Created the Test Plans and Test Cases from scratch based on the business requirements.
- Analyzed the issues, reported and tracked the bugs in Quality Center.
- Active use of the Android SDKs.
- Active Participation in resolving the Production/Pre-production issues.
- Used SourceTree/GitHub for checking in our automation scripts.
- Used Jenkins to as a continuous integration tool.
- Used Oracle SQL developer to verify the integrity of the data by writing SQL Queries.
- Conducted user acceptance testing to ensure that developed systems satisfied the needs of business clients as specified in the functional requirements.
Environment: Selenium WebDriver,, XPath, Firebug, FirePath,IDE, iOS, Android OS, Java, Quality Center, Agile, Oracle SQL Developer, Jenkins, SourceTree, GitHub, Apache HTTP Client, JAXB,Log4j, JDBC, Mobile Testing.
- Interacting with client and project team to understand the testing requirements.
- Worked on developing the automation scripts using Selenium with JUnit Framework.
- Involved in Manual and Automation testing.
- Used the Firebug to inspect the Xpath of the web elements and Eclipse IDE for Java development.
- Performed data driven test and regression testing using Selenium.
- Review test cases and scripts created by team members.
- Identify test scenarios and define test cases and test data.
- Involved in Functional Requirement analysis, creating RTM.
- Extensively used Quality Center for test management process.
- Executed SQL queries for backend data validation.
- Executed the webservices API test cases using SoapUI.
- Worked closely with developers for issue resolution and bug status updates.
Environment: Selenium RC/IDE, JUnit, Java, SOAPUI, XML, Quality Center, Oracle, Firebug/Firepath, Windows, SQL, Xpath, HTML, CSS, Data Driven Testing, Microsoft Excel, SOA.
- Analyzed existing SDLC, model, developed project using MVC pattern
- Created web application using java and implemented web services to connect front end and database
- Designed Web pages using java for 3 projects, enhanced UI design, customized page content
- Collected, reviewed Business, Functional Requirements, Process Maps, Technical & Design Specifications.
- Carefully analyzed the Business and Functional Requirement Documents and Use Cases to understand the application requirements.
- Created the Test Plan and Test Cases. Documented the manual test cases in the Quality Center.
- Performed Functional, Integration, Regression and user acceptance testing.
- Performed backend testing to validate database contents by writing and executing SQL Queries.
- Presented regular progress reports, defect reports and test execution reports.
- Reported the bugs to the developers using Quality Center. Interacted with developers to fix the bugs.
- Performed functional and regression testing to verify defect fixes.
Environment: Quality Center, HTML, Windows XP, Java, Jira, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, MySQL.