- Around 5+ years of QA experience in Manual/Automation testing of Web, Mobile apps and client/Server with specializing in Software Quality Assurance Testing and QA Automation Engineer.
- Having extensive experience in writing and implementation of complex Test plans, design, Development and Execution of Test scripts for system and functional projects.
- Extended experience in system testing, integration testing, UAT testing, Performance testing, functionality testing, and regression testing.
- Experience in all phases of Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC), Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Bug life Cycle and Methods like Waterfall and Agile.
- Hands on experience in Test automation using different Automation tools/techniques, Unit testing by using Selenium Web Driver/IDE/GRID, TestNG, Maven, Fire Path, Running scripts, Debugging scripts in different environment, Extracting Test results, Cross browser testing, and data validation.
- Tested on iOS, Android, desktop browsers using Charles proxy (for user analytics), browser's console and Firebug.
- Experience on manual testing and automated testing using different tools like QTP, Selenium (RC, WebDriver, and GRID), Load Runner, Quality Center, and Performance Center.
- Extensively worked on Agile Development and management process.
- Experienced with SOA, Web Services, SOAP, Soap UI, RESTFUL, WSDL technologies.
- Good experience in testing both SOAP and REST services using SOAP UI, Postman, Rest Assured and tested both in XML and JASON format.
- Experienced in White Box testing by authoring python Codes in Selenium WebDriver.
- Involved in functional testing, black box testing, negative testing, compatibility testing, and recovery testing.
- Created and Maintained Server side Integration Test using Python and Selenium Web driver.
- Experience in Back - end testing, data validation, Database testing using SQL queries.
- Expertise in documenting defects with high level of detail, accuracy, and informative recreation steps using Quality Center, Rally, JIRA, IBM Clear Quest, BugZilla.
- Proficient with BDD and TDD using cucumber.
- Devolped BDD tests using JBehave by writing behaviors and step definations . Developed required required Selenium support code in JAVA for Gherkin scenarios.
- Experience in Mobile application testing in agile environment (Mobile/Tablets/Mobile Simulator).
- Performed Manual as well as Automated Testing using Testing tool Selenium WebDriver, Appium.
- Created business process model, Hybrid keyword driven, Data driven, Page object model (POM) and Automation object model (AOM) using UFT/QTP, ALM and other tools using dynamic descriptive programming, SORs and object repository to perform functional and regression tests.
- Experience in cross platform testing in Solaris, HP-UNIX, Linux, Windows (NT/2000/XP).
- Experience in writing and executing SQL queries to perform Data Validation and Back end testing of databases to check the integrity of data.
- Proactively identifying areas of obstruction/breakdowns and take steps to rectify the equipment through application of troubleshooting tools in Electrical domain.
- Used Python scripting language to automate few of the test cases most of the test being related to feature ANT.
- Sound knowledge on Junit, TestNG framework for Unit testing, Maven and Ant for Project building tool, Jenkins/Hudson for Continuous Integration.
- Configuration Management Tools VB scripting, IBM Rational Clear case, SVN, HARVEST.
- Extensive experience in developing .Net framework applications using C#, MVC 4.0, ASP.NET, ADO.NET,VB.Net, WSDL, Web forms, and AJAX.
- Created and executed automated (Coded UI) scripts in Visual Studio and in TFS Test Manager.
- Experience of using testing tools like Quality Center, Microsoft Test Manager (MTM), Visual Studio, Team Foundation Server.
- Experience with test automation tools like Mercury Interactive tools WINRUNNER/ QTP/ Load Runner in heterogeneous platforms.
- Experience in creating and executing very large and complex End-to-End Test Scripts across different application Interfaces both Automated and Manual.
- Defined and executed Unit, Functional, Regression, Smoke, GUI and Security manual testing against weekly, milestone, or on-demand (developers) build.
- Extensively worked on different Selenium automation frameworks.
- Ability to use current technology and tools to enhance the effectiveness of deliverables and services.
- Established and maintained good communication skills with project managers, developers, business experts and QA teams.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, proven team player with an analytical insight to problem solving and deliver under high stress environment.
- Unique ability to adapt quickly to challenges and changing environment.
Browsers: Internet Explorer 6,7,8,910 and 11, Chrome, Firefox, Safari
Web Development Tools: XML, HTML, Ajax, Java Script, VB Script, TFS, ASP, JSP and Java Servlets, PHP, Jenkins
Web Servers / Application Servers: IBM WebSphere, BEA WebLogic, Tomcat, and IIS
Testing tools: Selenium (IDE, RC, Web Driver, and GRID), Quality Center, SOAP UI, TestNG, Junit, Appium, JMeter, Coded UI, log4j, cucumber, HP LoadRunner
Reporting tools: Jira, Bugzilla, Quality center, Rally
Operating Systems: Windows NT, Windows 2000 Server, Solaris, HP Unix, Linux and Citrix
Data Access Languages: SQL and PL/SQL.
Database Servers: ORACLE, SQL Server, Sybase and DB2.
GUI / Tools: Eclipse, Builder.
Frameworks: Junit, TestNG, Maven, TDD, BDD
Confidential, Elsegundo, CA
Automation test engineer
- Responsible for gathering Business requirements, Functional requirements and Design documents for multiple projects.
- Followed Agile methodology, participated in daily SCRUM meetings and testing each SPRINT deliverables.
- Involved in developing the automation script for Web and Mobile Native applications (IOS, Android) using Appium , Java .
- Experienced in Mobile Automation testing on Emulator and Simulator IOS, and Android platforms with Automation tools like Keep it Functional (KIF), Appium and reported debugs via JIRA to the developers.
- Tested native applications using Charles proxy like request/response testing.
- Involved in writing of Automation Test cases using Selenium WebDriver , Java , Junit , Maven .
- Used Selenium Grid to run test cases in multiple browsers and different Platforms.
- Responsible for implementation of Hybrid Test Automation Framework , Page Object Model using Selenium WebDriver , TestNG , Maven and Java .
- Monitor testing progress during monthly Releases and generate reports and communicate with leadership.
- Created robust and reusable automation testing strategy for function, Integration and regression testing.
- Updated WSDL file as needed for Endpoint, Tested request and response XML , Added Assertions to validate the response xml with database.
- Added Property Transfer in SoapUI tool to transfer the values from one response XML to another request XML .
- Prepared test data document and Involved in generation of bug and test case execution reports.
- Strong experience with SOA architecture which include Soap and Restful Web Services Testing .
- Used GIT and Stash to re - modify files and for software development.
- Designed Python Scripts to develop automated scripts and frameworks.
- Setup jobs in Jenkins to run smoke scripts after every builds.
- Logged and managed defects using Microsoft Test Manager (MTM) defect management tool. .
- Involved in writing and executing SQL Queries for backend/ETL testing.
- Prepared Functional test cases on Web and Mobile applications ( Apple & Android ) as per requirements.
- Executed Test Cases with different Test Sets for different objectives based on the
- Business/Functional requirements Used HP ALM for test planning, executing test cases and reporting defects.
- Used web-debugging tools like XPath , Firebug and Firepath to locate elements.
- Developed test code in Java language using Eclipse IDE and TestNG framework .
Environment: Java 8.0, Selenium Web driver, TestNG, SQL, IOS, Mobile Testing, JIRA, Jenkins, SOAP UI, Microsoft Test Manager.
Confidential, San Francisco,CA
- Interacted with the Business Clients, Product Owners, Developers and QA Manager for clear exposure to trickle down the technical/functional User Requirements & Change Requests to Test Plans and Test Scenarios.
- Identified test cases to automate then tested these cases using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG and Java technologies (Eclipse IDE). Contributed in framework creation.
- Perform Functional Testing, Regression Testing, System Integration testing, (UAT) User Acceptance Testing and End to End Testing.
- Tested the application in highly dynamic environment with sprint team using Agile methodology.
- Responsible creating the functional testing framework using TestNG and using Selenium WebDriver to automate the UI components.
- Involved in Web Services Testing using SOAP UI tool.
- Automated the Test cases using Selenium for Regression testing and TestNG for grouping the tests.
- Involved in testing both SOAP and REST services using Rest Assured and tested both XML and JSON formats.
- Created and enhanced numerous test scripts to handle changes in the objects, in the tested application's GUI and in the testing environment using Selenium WebDriver.
- Used Selenium WebDriver API to automate tests on cross browser and cross platform environment.
- Managed API testing through SOAP UI and POSTMAN using XML , WSDL and SOAP standards.
- Integrated Automation scripts (Selenium WebDriver API) on Continuous Integration tools Jenkins for nightly batch run of the Script. Created Project plan on Jenkins, configured scheduled using Cron job.
- Developed and executed test cases for XML / SOAP and RESTful services using SoapUI tool.
- Configured Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Maven tool and created Selenium automation scripts in JAVA using TestNG prior to agile release.
- Performed Unit testing with TestNG test frame work and use Bromine for easy running the test and store the result for analysis the test.
- Used Build tool like Maven to generate test report.
- Performed data driven testing by using JDBC as a data source in SOAP UI and configured SQL queries to fetch data from the Oracle database.
- Extensively tested web services using SOAP UI tool on multiple test case scenarios from their WSDL files .
- Involved in writing automated scripts for angular JS application using protractor and Java scripts.
- Executed Test Cases recorded in HP Quality Center manually to test the application for its functionality, system integration and verify the Exit Criteria.
- Involved with SDLC models waterfall and AGILE Methodology projects (Scrum and XP).
- Actively participated in walk - through, inspection, review and user group meetings for quality assurance with BAs, SMEs and Developers.
Environment: Java, Selenium WebDriver, Jenkins, TestNG, Maven, SOAP UI, Eclipse IDE, HP Quality Center 11.0, agile, Oracle 11g and Windows.
QA Manual tester
- Experience in Defect Management including tracking and reporting bugs using HP ALM/Quality Center and thorough knowledge in JIRA .
- Experience in using Quality Center for Test Planning and Defect Reporting and Tracking, thorough understanding of the Defect life cycle process.
- Updating the test cases based on the Change Requests/Enhancements.
- Analyzed test specifications and converted them into Manual Test Cases .
- Performed manual testing for checking the functionality and executed the test cases in Quality Center.
- Updating the Requirement Traceability Matrix document.
- Written user stories in TFS added acceptance criteria for the requirements.
- Maintained the product backlog in TFS .
- Responsible for Bug management activities using Bugzilla .
- Performed End - to-End testing manually and was associated with User Acceptance Testing .
- Involved in Preparing the Status Reports every week, which includes Revision History, Test case status, QA issues and Defects.
- Performed Regression testing on every new build s and for every modification in the application.
Environment: Quality Center 11.0, Quick Test Professional, JIRA, Version1, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
Junior QA Engineer
- Analyzed Business Requirements and Developed Test Cases for both Positive and Negative testing.
- Extensively used Quality Center for Test execution, defect tracking and Reporting.
- Experience in Quality Center Design Test Steps, Requirement Mapping to Tests, Executing Tests Manually, Defect Logging, Defect Reporting.
- Creating test scripts using Quality Center and performing regression testing on new versions of the software.
- Performed Functional Testing. Prepared test data for the functional test cases for data driven testing.
- Set the traceability between test requirements and test cases through coverage. Involved in extensive DATA validation using SQL queries and back-end testing.
- Developed bug report after manual testing, bugs encountered during testing and sent to developer by taking snapshot of it.
- Executed SQL Queries for testing integrity of data in database (Backend Testing).
- Performed backend database testing by writing SQL scripts to verify data integrity.
- Reported the bugs using Quality Center/ALM.
- Involved in writing Stored Procedures on SQL to access user data and DML operations.
- Involved in understanding Business requirement. Involved in writing unit test specifications and in Unit testing.
- Working with the business and development teams in resolving issues.
- Prepared weekly summary sheet to give the status of assigned task in weekly project team.