- I am a Senior QA Engineer with 6+ years of experience in software quality analysis on large diversified projects, including manual/automation test case execution, defect tracking, test plan/test case creation and management, and requirements analysis.
- I bring strong knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and the Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC), and has experience in the QA role in different testing methodologies such as Agile and Waterfall.
- I have developed BDD tests using Cucumber, by writing features and step definitions using Gherkin.
- I expertise in performing functional testing, non - functional testing, unit testing, integrating testing, system testing, usability testing, regression testing, end to end testing and user acceptance testing.
- My domain experience includes Finance, Healthcare, Insurance, Ecommerce, Media & Entertainment, and Telecom.
- I have solid communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills, and also a strong problem solver and a great team player.
Operating Systems: Windows, MAC OS X, UNIX
Languages: C, C++, Java, .Net, Python
Databases: MS SQL Server, Oracle 10g/9i, MySQL
Tools: Selenium WebDriver/Grid, QuickTestPro8.0/9.2, HP Quality Center8.0,9.2, Appium, TestNG, Protractor, SoapUI, Cucumber, JUnit, JMeter, LoadRunner, OSS (ARM, SFO), WinRunner 8.0, Rational tools, Test Director, Rational ClearQuest, JIRA, Bugzilla, Rally, Test Director 8.0, Quality Center 9.0, ALM
Confidential, San Ramon, CA
Sr. QA Automation Engineer
- Assessed & analyzed user stories, Business Requirements (BRD), Functional Requirements (FRD)
- Recognized and classified the plan for Test Scope, Test Strategy High-Level Document and Test Data within the context area of each sprint.
- Developed BDD (Behavior Driven Development), ATDD (Acceptance Test Driven Development) using Cucumber Features based User acceptance criteria.
- Performed Ad-hoc testing when required.
- Performed testing on Web Services API requests for Soap Protocols and Restful architecture using Ready API to check the communication between devices over networks.
- Implemented Page Object Model automation framework with Protractor and Cucumber for Angular UI automation.
- Created test scripts to automate job Scheduler in spring Batch application using Protractor.
- Regression testing was performed after each build release of the application and updated the Scripts by executing the Regression suites built using protractor and approve for regression suite
- Performed back-end testing by writing and executing SQL queries to validate that data is being populated in appropriate tables and manually verify the correctness of the data with front-end values.
- Took the Application Screenshots and copied the images whenever exceptions occurred and at important checkpoints of application execution.
- Performed Functional testing as per user stories and performed Integration Testing & System Testing on "Active/Recent Job" pages
- Written test scripts in java using Open rules engine to test business rules.
Environment: Protractor, TypeScript, Java, Groovy Script, Ready API, Open Rules, GitLab, Quality Center/Test Director, Cucumber, Jasmine and JHipster.
Senior QA Engineer
- Performed API launches, white box testing, and data testing.
- Developed data-driven framework using Selenium WebDriver to automate testing of web applications.
- Responsible for implementing page object model (POM) using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, and Java.
- Scripted the current test scenarios in new Selenium WD with Java with TestNG framework.
- Automated regression and functional test suites by developing 200+ test cases and 6 test suites, using Selenium WebDriver, Java, and TestNG.
- Used Apache POI to read data from Excel files.
- Verified the website's design, content, and functionality on different screen sizes, using emulator on desktop.
- Created and executed performance suite, utilizing JMeter to determine page response time and database error rate under heavy load.
- Documented defects found during test on Quality Center/ALM system, and communicated and recorded problems to the responsible development personnel.
- Performed web testing to check for broken links in a page.
- Designed and developed test plans and test case documents for the Payment Gateway migration.
- Developed BDD tests using Cucumber, by writing features and step definitions using Gherkin.
- Generated a SOAP Test Suite from a WSDL, using SOAPUI.
- Used Assertions in SOAP UI to validate web services response, and tested both XML and JSON formats.
- Worked in Agile (Scrum) environment with frequently changing requirements and features set.
- Increased productivity by automating front-end testing, using Python/Selenium and SoapUI.
- Extensively used FileSystem Objects and Apache POI Excel Automation Object in the scripts.
- Automated manual scripts, using Python and Robot Framework.
- Used Cucumber by creating the Feature and Step Definition file, and Runner file to execute test scripts for UAT, and then migrated to Robot Framework using RIDE as IDE.
- Used Appium tool to automate regression set for mobile application.
- Developed SQL procedures to ensure compliance with standards, and lack of redundancy, business rules, and functionality requirement into ETL procedures.
- Created and executed detailed test cases with step-by-step procedure and expected results, and maintained the test logs, test reports, test issues, and defect tracking, using ALM Quality Center.
- Designed end-to-end user behavior scenarios, and implemented them by coding dependencies in Java, between preexisting unit tests within TestNG framework.
- Tested APIs/Web Services (SOAP) for various functionalities and modules of the application, using SOAP UI and Web Service Studio.
- Worked with NOSQL development, using MONGODB.
- Performed smoke, functionality, integration, system, and regression tests, based on analysis and understanding of the requirements, non-functional specifications, and end-user needs.
- Created UI automation framework in C# and Vbscript for the ease of report creation and a simpler interface for the business users.
- Applied robust Page Object Model (POM) on new builds and every modification in the application for Selenium WebDriver, to do smoke and regression testing.
- Performed functional testing, regression testing, UI testing, and integration testing of the application.
- Worked on distributed test automation execution on different environment, as part of the continuous integration process, using Selenium WebDriver and Jenkins.
- Created test automation via C# or Coded UI, using Microsoft Visual Studio.
- Performed Coded UI automation testing for the application, using Microsoft Test Manager.
- Tested request and response XMLs, based on web services interfaces using SoapUI.
- Responsible for performance testing (Load, Stress and Volume), using JMeter (Controller, Virtual User Generator).
- Ran SQL statements manually to execute record counts on each table loaded into the system, and compared with source table.
- Contributed in developing the automation framework that used Selenium WebDriver and TestNG, and framework implements using Data Driven and Page Object Model.
- Partnered with Developers, as necessary, to isolate and repair bugs.
- Tracked software problem reports, using Team Foundation Server (TFS) and Dev Track.
- Implemented regression and smoke tests execution, as a separate step of the deployment process.
- Participated in daily Scrum meetings and gave the daily status of testing.