- Over 8 years of experience as a Software QA Engineer with strong knowledge in Web Server, Client Server and distributed application on various Platform and Domain.
- Extensive experience in QA standard Process, Functional, Integration, Progression, Regression, Shakeout, System and UAT testing during different phase of SDLC followed by Waterfall and Agile methodology
- Expertise in creating Test Strategy, Test Plan, Test Reports, Test Cases and Test Scripts
- Architect, Design and Develop Automation Framework from Scratch using QTP/UFT and Selenium WebDriver API.
- Used Cucumber for Browserbased testing with scenarios and situations. Implemented BDD framework using Cucumber.
- Experience in Data Driven and Keyword Driven Automation frame work with UFT and Selenium WebDriver.
- Developed and Optimized automation scripts for Regression test suits with various sets of data
- Expert in integrating Automation scripts (Selenium WebDriver API) on Continuous Integration tools Jenkins for nightly batch run of the Script.
- Involved in the Design and implemented different automation frameworks such as Keyword Driven framework, Data Driven framework and Hybrid framework for various projects.
- Proficient in writing Selenium Web Driver automation scripts in Java using Maven, Cucumber, and TestNG Automation Testing for Web Applications.
- Hands on experience on JUnit, TestNG framework for smoke and regression testing, Maven for Project building tool, Jenkins for Continuous Integration.
- Involved in integrating the test suites to Jenkins to execute them automatically after every successful deployment.
- Tested compatibility of application for dynamic and static content under various cross browsers using HTML IDs and XPath in Selenium.
- Extensive experience in VBScript, Java and QTP Descriptive programming
- Developed rich custom reusable function library with VBScript and QTP inbuilt method.
- Developed Daily Run Smoke Automation Test based on important functionality.
- Hands on experience in creating automation script using Selenium WebDriver API, TestNG.
- Good concept on OOPs and Core Java and used as creating test script
- Huge data validation using VBScript(ADODB)and Java (JDBC)
- Good exposure on Data Manipulation for text and flat file using VBScript and java
- Written Test cases and log defect in HP ALM and integrated with UFT
- Create new Requirement and track bugs using JIRA
- Executed UFT scripts for regression and E2E testing overnight through scheduler
- Developed data warehouse Automation Testing Script
- Expert in writing SQL queries for all databases including Oracle and SQL Server.
- Good experience in writing SQL and PL/SQL for database validation
- Depth knowledge of SQL Server/Oracle environment, ability to query and manipulate data
- Expert in writing SQL queries and performed data compare with MINUS query.
- Conducted Regression Testing for each release using ALM and UFT.
- Extensively performed End to End data validation testing for different response XML file
- Extensively use Beyond Compare tool for one to one data compare between source and target databases.
- Excellent Organizational Skill and ability to prioritize workload according to project deadlines.
- Excellent problem solving skills, experience in working group projects, desire and ability to learn
- Development and management of detailed project plans to include, resources, tasks, requirements, milestones, and review points.
Testing Tools: Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Maven, Cucumber Framework., HP Quality Center/ALM and QuickTest Professional/UFT, RALLY.
Web Browsers and OS: Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, Google Chrome, MS DOS, Windows, UNIX, Linux.
Programming Languages: C, SQL, PL/SQL, Java, VB Script, and Unix Shell Scripting.
Cloud Integration: Saucelabs
Database: MS SQL Server, Oracle, IBM DB2, MS Access, MySQL.
Web Servers: Weblogic, Apache Tomcat.
Tools: and Utilities: MS Office, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Visio, Outlook, TOAD, SQL Analyzer, Oracle SQL Developer, MS SQL Server Management Studio, GIT, Jenkins.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
- Analyzed technical and functional requirements documents and design and developed QA Test Plan/Test cases, Test Scenario by maintaining E2E flow of process.
- Developed testing script for internal brokerage application that is utilized by branch and financial market representatives to recommend and manage customer portfolios; including international and capital markets.
- Designed and Developed Smoke and Regression automation script and Automation of functional testing framework for all modules using Selenium and WebDriver.
- Created Data Driven scripts for adding multiple customers, checking online accounts, user interfaces validations, and reports validations.
- Performed cross verification of trade entry between mainframe system, iTASC web application and downstream system.
- Extensively used Selenium WebDriver API (XPathand CSS locators) to test the web application.
- Configured Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Maventool, Cucumber, and BDD Framework and created Selenium automation scripts in java using TestNG.
- Performed Data - Driven testing by developing Java based library to read test data from Excel & Properties files.
- Extensively performed DB2 database testing to validate the trade entry from mainframe to backend system.
- Developed data driven framework with Java, Selenium WebDriver and Apache POI which is used to do the multiple trade order entry.
- Developed smoke automation test suite for regression test suite.
- Applied various testing technique in test cases to cover all business scenario for quality coverage.
- Interacted with development team to understand design flow, code review, discuss unit test plan.
- Executed tests in System & integration Regression testing In Testing environment.
- Conducted Defect triage meeting, Defect root cause analysis, track defect in HP ALM Quality Center, manage defect by follow up open items, and retest defects with regression testing.
- Provide QA/UAT sign off after closely reviewing all the test cases in Quality Center along with receiving the Policy sign off of the project.
Environment: HP ALM, Selenium WebDriver, JUnit, Cucumber, Jenkins, GitHub, Windows, UNIX, Agile, MS SQL, IBM DB2, Putty, Winscp, FTP Server, Notepad++, C#, DB Visualizer.
Confidential, Cincinnati, OH
Software Automation Engineer
- Involved in business processes and quality assurance on testing across entire product life cycle stages from requirements to implementation.
- Analyzed and understand the business requirements and technical design documents.
- Prepared Test Plan and Test Cases according to business requirements and technical design documents.
- Extensively used UFT and Selenium side by side for automation.
- Maintained the Selenium & JAVA automation code and resources in source controls like CVS, SVN over the time for improvements and new features
- Regression testing by automation using Selenium WebDriver, JAVA, Cucumber.
- Writing test cases for Cucumber automation (Groovy, Java).
- Demonstrated the advantages of using Selenium with Cucumber for automated testing.
- Configured Maven for JAVA automation projects and developed Maven project object model (POM).
- Extensively automated regression and functional test suites by developing over 150 test cases, 6 test suites using Selenium WebDriver, JAVA, Junit.
- Achieved customer satisfaction and high quality by effective Automation testing, AGILE Processes Responsibilities
- Built and Exercise Automated Smoke test and ran thru windows scheduler
- Written manual Test Cases in HP ALM.
- Created mapping between requirements and test cases.
- Performed Shake out Testing, System Testing and Integration Testing.
- Conducted walkthrough and Reviews session with project personnel of test plans, test cases, and prepared test results.
- Validating the data passed to downstream systems.
- Automated the process of loading, pulling the data between source and target database.
- Extracted data from various sources like Oracle and flat files.
- Extensively used VBScript programming and UFT to develop the automation script to compare data between source and target databases.
- Used QTP and VBScript to automate data comparison between source and target databases.
- Used XMLDOM parser with VBScript to extract data from various XML files and compare data with downstream target databases.
- Automated the loan file submission through GUI, captured loan submission results from web page with QTP and VBScript.
- Developed Generic Function to enrich the function library.
- Worked on QTP Framework and modified necessary Framework components.
- Used VBScript for converting TSV file data to Excel by using QTP, VBScriptandFile System Object.
- Run Autosys job and UNIX shell script to migrate data from data feed files to ODS, CFR and DM databases.
- Extensively used UNIX commands for fetching and checking the Log files.
- Logged and tracked defects utilizing Quality Center.
Environment: HP ALM, UFT, Selenium WebDriver, Oracle, Ab Initio, Beyond Compare, AltovaXMLSpy, PL/SQL, Java, TOAD, UNIX, Business Objects,JDBC, ODBC,Shell Scripts, WebTop, BMC Remedy, Clear View.
Sr. Automation QA Engineer
- Create new Automated Test Scripts based on the framework defined.
- Create huge Test Data in Excel and export them in QualityCenter.
- Developed Dynamic Action Based framework.
- Performed data validation through VBScript Excel API and MS XMLDOM Parser.
- Maintain and create new Shared Object Repository for Automated Test Case.
- Create New Function Library as needed to use in the application.
- Perform validation and checkpoint through different pages in the application.
- Extensively used VB Script and Descriptive programming to develop Automation Script for global execution.
- Test the functionality as an Admin, Merchant, Acquire and other participants as well.
- Develop new Automation Script from manual Test Cases using QTP.
- Address manual Test Script in HP Application Life Cycle Management.
- Run all Regression Tests from HP Quality Center (ALM).
- Send reports to manager after every execution of Every Automated Test Cases.
- Analyse the complex functionality of application and automate them for regression suites.
- Design Generic action and use them in several Original Action as needed.
- Work with Offshore Team and manage the project.
- Helping Offshore team to make understand the functionality.
- Run shell Script to reload the Database and use UNIX Command.
- Used SQLyog as a client to perform query in MySQL database.
- Install QTP and Set up License for VMware.
- Run the Regression Suite at regular basis from Quality Center.
Environment: Java, WEB, MySQL 5.5, Sun Solaris 5.1, Windows 7 Professional, Quality Center 11, QTP 11, UNIX.
Software Automation Engineer
- Analyzed and involved different phase of SDLC and STLC to the entire application life cycle.
- Actively involved in document reviews, walk through and audits during various software development life cycle phases.
- Developed test plan, test cases based on business requirements and technical design documents.
- Involved in testing of the Application manually to understand the full functionality of the Application.
- Developed detail automation test plan based on the regression suite test cases and walk through the upper management and internal team.
- Automated full checkout process using QTP/VBScript
- Used Descriptive Programming of QTP to code the operation of objects that appear in dynamic data frames, whoseproperty changes and not always matches.
- Design & developed Data Driven Framework using QTP to automate and validate different Promotions.
- Extensively used Descriptive Programming with VBScript to develop and enhance automation framework to make the framework robust.
- Performed progression and regression testing on AUT.
- Developed automation test script using QTP and VBScript.
- Extensively used Excel API related methods and properties to maintained test data into excel file.
- Reported and managed software defects using Quality Center and interacted with the developers to resolve technical issues
- Involved in Integration and System and Database testing.
- Logged and tracked defects utilizing Quality Center.
- Execute SQL commands in TOAD to perform back-end testing.
- Queried data from different database tables as per the requirement by writing complex SQL queries for data validation.
- Extensively used UNIX commands to check log file for finding error details.
Environment: Quality Center, QTP, Selenium WebDriver, VBScript, Oracle, SQL, PL/SQL, Java, Maven, TOAD, UNIX.