To secure a position as a valuable member of your company where I can leverage my skills and ability to test as well as apply my knowledge of Software QA Analyst/ Test Engineer.
- Over 7 years of Software QA experience in automated and manual testing, Involving in Design, Development, and Implementation of the QA process and documentation of Test Plans, Test Cases, Test Procedures and Test Scripts for manual and automated testing scope in the QA life cycle.
- Extensively experienced in different testing methodologies such as Agile (Scrum, Kanban) and Waterfall.
- Expertise in QA methodologies, Test strategy, Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Defect life cycle using.
- Developed Descriptive Programming and Maintained Local and Global Object Repository in QTP.
- Expertise in performing Data Driven Testing using parameterization in Quick Test Pro, to test the application with different sets of data.
- Proficient in using Test Management tool QC/ALM/RQM for Test Planning, Test Designing, Test Analysis, Test Execution, Defect Tracking and Reporting.
- Involved in performing functional, system, usability, ad - hoc, regression and user acceptance testing.
- Working knowledge of using QTP Scripts with Standard, Text, Bitmap, Table Checkpoints and Synchronization Points.
- Experience in preparing user stories, Sprint Backlog, Sprint Tasks and Release Burndown Chart.
- Experienced in creating and executing Functional Test Suite, Test Plans, Test Case design, Test Case review, Test execution, Traceability matrix and Test Summary Report.
- Expertise in setup Test environment for automation and database in ALM.
- Experienced in Manual testing, automated testing and providing support to UAT team during UAT from onsite and offshore.
- Experienced in performing Data Driven testing using parameterization in QTP.
- Experienced in developing Data-driven, Keyword-driven and Hybrid Framework using QTP.
- Knowledge in providing scope and time estimates for Functional and Automation testing for the projects presented to QA for testing and analysis.
- Good Knowledge of HTML, Java Script and having sound knowledge in XML.
- Strong organizational, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
Testing Tools: HP ALM, ALM, QTP/UFT, JIRA, RTC, Selenium
Languages: PL/SQL, SQL, .Net, Java, Html, XML
Databases: SQL Server, Oracle, MS Access
Operating System: UNIX/Linux, Windows
Confidential, Washington, DC
- Create both manual and automation (UFT) test cases and perform complex test execution.
- Analyzing document and report defects/issues discovered during test execution. work with the development teams for defect resolution and escalate critical issues to IT Management.
- Wrote QTP/UFT scripts from scratch.
- Develops automation framework. Creates and performs complex test execution.
- Defines standards, methods and procedures for test automation.
- Executes automated test scripts for all IT environments.
- Influences and improves UAT experience.
- Leads defect tracking and resolution efforts. Leads the test management strategy. Anticipates and monitors risks.
- Conduct and participate in test case reviews, requirement reviews, design reviews, and change control activities.
- Creates and contributes to the creation of test plans, test cases, test scenarios, and test data for use during the testing phases of the software development lifecycle, for new and existing software systems/products.
- Ensures that test plans and scenarios fully exercise every aspect of the product.
- Produces formal test plans; leads the testing effort for assigned projects.
- Documents and reports issues discovered during testing, and reports issues to Management.
- Works as part of Scrum Development Team, effectively participates in sprint planning, task estimates, task sequencing, task assignments, sprint reviews and retrospectives.
- Creates and maintains automated framework using standard coding methodologies.
- Collaborates with other team members to understand the scope of test cases that will be used for automated scripts.
- Implements quality standards, methods and procedures for quality control activities.
Environment: UFT, Windows, Oracle, VB Script, HTML, MS Office, XML, MS SQL Server, Jira, Mainframe.
Confidential, Washington, DC
- Involved in preparing test strategy, test plan, and test cases by gathering information by attending daily scrum meetings and by referring to BRD and SRD.
- Worked on Manual testing and Automation testing for different states on quote and New Business models.
- Participated in the Project Planning sessions and went through the project’s functional and design requirements.
- Performed negative testing to find how the functions performed when system encountered invalid, unexpected values.
- Responsible for creating a file structure in ALM to verify user stories and regression suits based on the released.
- Worked with cross functional testing teams to consolidate test cases for automation purposes
- Participated in Sprint retrospective meetings to document lessons learned and plan for upcoming sprints
- Delivering and fine-tuning the automation test framework, building the Regression test strategy, planning work efforts and resource allocation
- Created RTM Matrix, ensured the Test Planning, Testing Strategy, Test cases, Flows are capturing and covering all the Functional/Non Functional requirements.
- Worked with the development team in creating environment and loading and migrating data.
- Performed various kinds of testing, such as Smoke box, Regression, Integrated, System, Backend validation, UAT, End to End testing.
- Used Quality Center for Test Planning, Test Case writing, Test Execution and Requirement Mapping with Test Cases.
- Manually tested the whole application before automation of the tests. Helping development team in defining the scope for Unit testing. Although Unit testing is not in the scope of QA efforts but QA team helped delivery team in putting a process in place for Unit testing activities. As part of Automated Test Driven Development, written and executed E2E Scenarios for all Story Cards for all Agile Iterations.
- Wrote Test Cases in Mercury Quality center that would test various Test scenarios.
- Incorporated various check points and Regular Expressions in Scripts where ever required using QTP.
- Used Recovery Scenarios for pop ups in scripts where ever required using QTP.
- Developed all the generic and application functions related to the Framework using vbscript in QTP.
- Developed a Hybrid Automation framework based on the workflows and Business processes of the application.
- Responsible for designing and developing mockups for User Interface and prototype testing.
- Developed the framework documents for better understanding.
- Coordinated with the UAT and Project management teams and performed User Acceptance Testing with the Users.
- Responsible for delivering iterative test results and progress to Lead, manager and Project manager.
Environment: ALM, UFT, Windows, Oracle, Windows, VB Script, HTML, MS Office, XML, MS SQL Server.
Confidential, Boca Raton, FL
- Analyzed business and system requirements, managed development of specifications to create and execute detailed Test plans.
- Involved in developing Test Cases, Test Scripts and Test Scenarios from business, technical and functional requirement documents.
- Performed Integration testing with different and overall system testing.
- Participated in customer\end user integration and design validation testing.
- Maintained and tracking defects using HP ALM defect tracking tool.
- Used ALM to maintain the test documents.
- Developed SQL queries to check the database automatically and checked the data integrity in accordance with business standards of the company.
- Used T-SQL and PL/SQL queries for validating constraints, indexes.
- Conducted Data Driven testing using parameterization in QTP to test with different sets of data.
- Created QTP advance automation scripts using descriptive programming, modular approach, custom functions, logics, and looping for Regression testing.
- Used QTP checkpoints to automatically capture and verify properties such as the number of links.
- Wrote complex queries for Database Validation and Conducted User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and Regressing testing on various builds of the application using QTP.
- Worked with excel macros by running it from QTP and importing the results to QTP.
- Used Custom Checkpoints, Data Driven, and Regular Expression in QTP.
- Involved in Keyword Driven and Data Driven automation framework demonstrations to all the stakeholders using QTP.
- Developed policies, procedures, guidelines, and standards for planning, developing, integrating, and evaluating information technology systems and subsystems that met overall information needs of multiple organizational units.
- Analyzed application, system, and security errors. Escalated issues to developers and verified fixes.
- Attended Weekly defect report meetings and presented progress updates to Defect Review Board.
- Set up Selenium tools from scratch and configured various other peripherals tools to perform Selenium test
- Implemented cross browser and cross platform web testing with Selenium Web Driver.
- Used Selenium to expand test scenarios to catch more bugs and improve quality.
- Designed and developed automated scripts for Functional, Regression Testing using Selenium IDE and Web Driver tools
- Developed and implemented Data Driven framework using a Selenium Web Driver
- Automated testing tools such as J Unit and Selenium to conduct systems, integration, positive and negative, functionality, object, and regression tests, identify defects and ensure delivery of expected results
- Attended the Test planning sessions to help understand the End to End team with the code changes for the project
- Performed cross-browser testing
- Develop and Build Automation Framework from scratch using Web Driver, Eclipse, J Unit, TestNG and Java in Windows platform to cut down regression testing time
- Perform and validate positive, negative, system, cross-browser and integration testing
- Modify and update Automation scripts when developers change the code in Agile Environment
Environment: .NET, Java, XML, SQL Server, My-SQL, Manual and Database Testing, QTP, QC, ALM, Window XP, Client-server Application., RTC, Selenium Web Driver, TestNG
Confidential, Wilmington, DE
- Involved in developing Test plans according to the established requirements.
- Prepared multiple Test scenarios for single requirement to be tested.
- Prepared Test cases for the system covering SRS document, design document and reviewing them with the developers and finalized the test cases.
- Involved in Manual and Automated Testing of the application.
- Involved in performing User Acceptance Testing (UAT) at the end of the test phases with the requirements collected from the user.
- Involved in Credit card process to make smooth billing system.
- Developed Credit card related automation scrept.
- Used defect-tracking tool Test Director for raising issues and interacting with developers.
- Used Test Director to organize and manage all phases of the software testing process, including planning tests, executing tests, and tracking defects.
- Documented defects in Test Director.
- Analyzed Defect Reports and work closely with Application Developers for resolving the bugs using Test Director.
- Developed SQL queries for accessing the database for testing purpose.
- Conducted Black Box Testing (Functional Testing & Regression Testing) using QTP.
- Used QTP to capture, verify, and replay user interactions automatically to identify defects.
- Created basic scripts from a manual test case, added verification steps to tests, manage objects in the object repository, and customize Checkpoints with parameters.
- Coordinated the documentation preparation activities and assured the completion of tasks/documentation milestones within the stipulated time frames.
Environment: QC, QTP, Windows and UNIX, Java, XML, Oracle, Microsoft Office.