Providing outstanding technical leadership as a CA - IDMS Consultant
- More than 20 years of experience in results-oriented, CA-IDMS Database Administration/support
- Expert in software problem resolution and performance & tuning as trainer and field SWAT team.
- Enterprise wide technical knowledge of Confidential Mainframe OS (OS/390, VSE and VM/CMS) and applications.
- Single handedly designed, programmed, implemented and documented a data conversion from a complex, legacy IDMS Construction Management Database to Oracle 10g saving the utility company client thousands in annual license fees.
- As a Technical Liaison for Database Archiving Vendor, provided expertise that allowed Vendor to archive IDMS Network Databases to the cloud via SQL Option and JDBC. Manufacturing client saved over 1 Million dollars by shutting down their mainframe and moving all to an established LINUX Environment.
- Enhanced training program for field personnel in order to help customers understand the benefits the company’s database products. Enrollment would be at the company’s Education Center or at the customer’s location. Taught as many as 500 people over four years.
- Oracle, Toad, SQL Server, Ingres, DB2, IDMS/IDMS-DC 5.7-19, CA-CSS, SQL Option, IDMS Server
- TCP/IP, ODBC/JDBC, FTP, VTAM, LU2, LU6.2, MQ, LAN/WAN, HTML, XML
- Java/J2EE, SalesForce, ColdFusion, Assembler, ADSO, COBOL, CICS
- Linux, Unix, Windows, Microsoft Office, Lotus Notes, Endevor, MS Project
- Z/OS, TSO/ISPF, SMP, REXX, JCL, Test Director, Remedy, Service Desk, Laderman
Confidential, Berkeley, CAQuality Assurance Engineer
- Assisted Database Administrator with SalesForce Application Maintenance .
Confidential, Mountain View, CA
Mainframe QA Analyst
- ensuring Data Loss Prevention software vendor releases are bug free.
Confidential, St. Louis, MO
- clients employing mission critical IDMS applications in health care, manufacturing and retail finance.
- Vendor Liaison, SMP maintenance, performance tuning and trouble shooting
Confidential, Las Vegas, NV
- Provided DBA Support for CA-IDMS while designing, creating project plan, developing database extract programs, coding SQL LOADER Syntax, loading approximately 70 tables, developing Oracle Discoverer Reports and documenting the entire process.
- Environment is Z/OS, IDMS, COBOL LE, Java, CICS, Linux, Oracle 10g, TOAD, SQL, SQL LOADER, Remedy
Confidential, San Francisco, CA
- Responsible for conversion data scrubbing and CICS/COBOL/DB2 Application debugging for Confidential conversion project.
Confidential, Sunnyvale, CA
Quality Assurance Engineer
- Independent System Vendors’ packages, execute correctly on Linux-based mainframe compatible architecture.
- Day to day knowledge required of Linux and Windows as end-user product runs Linux, Unix, Windows and Z/OS all on same HP Itanium Dual Core Server.
Confidential, Mill Valley, CA
- Establishing a Confidential base for a European-based company providing .net windows deployment and web enabling software through XML.
Confidential, San Jose, CA
Level 2 Support
- Supported Confidential 's Information Management Tools for DB2 in AIX and Z/OS. Development support (debugging, white papers, APAR creation, client support) of tools in J2EE/Java and PL/S.
Confidential, Alameda, CA
Senior IDMS Database Consultant
- Provided Database administration and field service consulting to numerous companies with CA-IDMS & DB2 such as Sun Microsystems, National Semiconductor, USPS, Sallie Mae, Apple Computer, Sonoma County and Lawrence Livermore Labs.
- Evangelist for legacy modernization/Proof of Concept projects utilizing SQL Server, Oracle, DB2, IMS and IDMS.
- Business areas: insurance, finance, education, manufacturing and government (Fed, State and County)
- Trained numerous CA-IDMS Database administrators and programmers through public and on-site classes (including IDMS Internals) as well as contract-based knowledge transfer.