- Senior Software Quality Assurance Analyst with over 7+ years of IT experience in Software Testing of Web based, Client - Server applications and Mobile application(IOS/Anroid).
- Strong Knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and QA Life Cycle which includes Designing, Developing and Execution of the entire QA Process and Documentation of Test plans, Test Cases, Test Procedures and Test Scripts.
- Testing platforms includes Mainframe applications and Distributed web applications, and mobile applications.
- Test the Mobile Application for 'Play On Roku' channel, allowing streaming photos, music and video from personal mobile device to the TV through Roku Player .
- Extensive experience in Web, iOS (i.e., designs new templates, tests styles/sheets, fixes bugs; collaborates heavily with core team members (especially UX and Design))
- Used Core Location Framework to get the user current location accurately.
- Worked on iOS 8 and iOS9 using Swift.
- Experienced Mobile/Android Developer who designed and developed commercial consumer applications for Android mobile devices with extensive user interface development.
- Experience in Android UI toolkit and Layout Managers. Proficient in Android application framework. Experienced with Android SDK tools.
- Proficient in Android applications development involving User Interface development, Notifications, Adapters, Content Provider, Services, XML Parsing and Telephony Manager.
- Experience in working with SQLite Database, Google Maps API, GPS Location Data and Push Notifications.
- Expertise in developing applications for Android operating system using Eclipse IDE, SQLite 3.6, Java1.6, XML, Android SDK 2.2 and ADT plugin.
- Extensive experience in Quality Assurance using Manual and Automation tools which includes Selenium RC/IDE/Web Driver/ Grid, QTP, Cucumber, Quality Center, SOAP UI and JMeter and Mobile Automation testing tool Appium.
- Experience in Black Box, Gray Box and Automation testing using Selenium-TestNG, JUnit on web and client applications.
- Expert in developing automation testing framework using Selenium WebDriver by following JAVA.
- Expertise in Mobile Application Testing (Android, IOS) on Mobile Handsets.
- Expertise in testing native and WAP mobile applications of an e trade application.
- Expertise in functional testing of browser Web applications and mobile applications.
- Experienced in strategic testing areas such as smoke, functional, regression, ad hoc, GUI and browser compatibility testing on both mobile and web applications.
- Experience in developing framework for Functional Test Automation using Selenium, Java and TestNG.
- Work experience in integrating Automation scripts (Selenium WebDriver API) on Continuous Integration tools Hudson/Jenkins for nightly batch run of the Script.
- Experience in testing Web Services-SOA architecture, RPCs, XML transactions, SOAP, HTTP, WSDL, and REST using various industry standard tools like SOAP UI.
- Experience using source code control system such as Git Hub.
- Sound knowledge on JUnit, TestNG framework for Unit testing, MAVEN and ANT for Project building tool, Jenkins/Hudson for Continuous Integration.
- Experience in creating the Test Scripts using QTP 11.0
- Experience in preparing Test Plan, Test Strategy, Test Cases, and Test Scenarios, Test Data and Test Execution.
- Proficient in Black Box testing, Performance testing, Graphical User Interface testing (GUI), User Acceptance testing (UAT), Regression testing, Integration testing and White Box testing.
- Experience working with Eclipse IDE and Force.com Plug-in environment.
- Experience in QA & Testing tasks like bug reporting and tracking, Unit testing, GUI testing, and Integration testing.
- Expertise in documenting defects with high level of detail, accuracy, and informative recreation steps using Quality Center, JIRA, IBM Clear Quest, BugZilla etc.
- Experience in creating and executing stored procedures using PL/SQL to compare the results with expected results.
- Experience in database query manipulation, SQL, PL/SQL statements, stored procedures, and triggers.
- Strong expertise in lifecycle methodologies like Rational Unified Process (RUP), Waterfall, Spiral, Agile Models and TDD (Test Driven Development) methodology.
Testing Tools: Selenium Grid/IDE/ RC/WebDriver, Appium Web driver, Quick Test Professional, JUnit, TestNG, SOAP UI.
Test Management Tools: Quality Center, Test Director
Defect Tracking Tools: BugZilla, JIRA
Testing Methodologies: Smoke, Functional, Integration, Regression, GUI, Load/Performance, System and User Acceptance Testing (UAT), Web Services.
Operating Systems: Windows 2003/XP/Vista/7/8, MAC OS X, UNIX/Linux/AIX
Mobile Platforms: iPhone OS, Android OS
Web Technologies/ Servers: HTML, XML, AJAX, VB Script, OOP, Web Logic, WebSphere, Tomcat, IIS, Apache, Maven
SDLC Methodologies: Waterfall, V model, Agile
Mobile Technologies: Android SDK 1.6, 2.0, 2.1, 2.3, 3.0, 4.0 - 4.3, IPHONE iOS 6,7,8,9.
Continuous Integration Tools: Hudson, Jenkins, Cruise Control
Version Control: SVN, GIT, CVS, Continues Integration (CI)
Confidential, Bellevue, WA
Lead Mobile Handset Application Tester/ Automation/QE Engineer
- Analyzed business requirements and functional documents, created the test strategy document that define the test environment, phases of testing, entrance and exit criteria into different phases of testing and resources required to conduct the effort.
- As a mobile application tester, responsible for planning, scheduling and implementation of Confidential mobile application test plan.
- Create automated test scripts for web apps using Selenium WebDriver.
- Created automated test scripts for native and web mobile app using Appium.
- Run automated test scripts for native and web mobile app using Appium for real devices and emulator for Android and simulator for iOS.
- Played a key role in writing application logic using Eclipse IDE and Android SDK.
- Programmed with clean, modular, robust code using Java and XML with Android SDK platform.
- Fixed bugs with code, design patterns and miscellaneous occurrences during projects
- Uploading applications to handsets using Mac mini- configuration utility for Native. App can be accessed on Mobile, Mobile browser and web browser.
- Followed agile methodology for implementing the Application.
- Developed and implemented many Phone Gap and Titanium applications along with Java and Objective-C plug-ins for iPad, iPhone and Android platforms .
- Worked with JDBC database in core java to store and populated the data.
- Worked on debugging the application using Logcat, DDMS.
- Run Compatibility Testing (cross Windows/ Mac and Android/ iOS platforms, cross browsers, cross mobile devices - phones, tablets, iPads etc.)
- Performed Smoke, Functional, Exploratory, Security (Authorization and Authentication, Session management, Encryption checking of user’s personal data) regression testing, Browser compatibility testing (Google chrome, Firefox, Internet explorer, Opera), Network testing (Wi-Fi, 3G, Offline Mode), GEO Location / Location based testing, ATM / Retail Reload Locato r with MAP + GPS / zip code/address (Green Dot ATMs), APN S testing in DIT, FIT, IAT/UAT environments.
- Test Mobile app s behavior under various interruptions: battery strength (full/medium/low), incoming calls, SMS, video calls.
- Developed and Implemented automation using Selenium WebDriver and Java. Used Eclipse IDE to develop & debug the code.
- Developed and implemented robust MVC Pattern base testing with Selenium WebDriver which cut down the script development time in half.
- Extensively developed automation test scripts for regression testing (TestNG).
- Managing the Code in GIT Hub code repository and extensively involved in CICD (Continuous Integration - Continuous Deployment) environment using Jenkins.
- Used GIT Hub tool for Source code management and also used Selenium Grid for parallel, Batch Test Execution.
- Configured Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, and Maven tool and created Selenium automation scripts in Java.
- Maintained and executed Maven build files for running automated tests.
- Implemented automation framework in Selenium WebDriver using Behavior-Driven (BDD) approach in Cucumber framework with Gherkin and CI/CD environment running on AWS.
- Involved in the Continuous Integration of the automation framework with Jenkins.
- Implemented Automated execution of tests (nightly and need based) using Maven and JENKINS.
- Performed mobile testing in different mobile operating systems at different network ranges using Appium to ensure the efficiency of developed application.
- Enhanced Test cases in selenium using Java Programming features and TestNG Annotations in TestNG.
- Configured the test suite to Jenkins to make it run on every successful deployment, which helped reduce the feedback loop time to the developers.
Environment: Java, Selenium WebDriver, Jenkins, Appium, Android, IOS, Maven, iPhone SDK, objective C, Xcode , iOS 8.0/8.4 , JSON, XML, GIT Hub, C#, TestNG, SOAP UI, Quality Center, Git, Fire path, Firebug, XPATH, CSS, HTML, Groovy, Java Script, XML, SQL, Oracle, Windows, ATSC/NTSC/DVB/ARIB, QAM-256/64, H.264, IPTV, DLNA, MM Core, Tornado, VMware, Eclipse.
Confidential, Redwood City, CA
Sr. Mobile application tester/ Automation Engineer/Analyst
- Analyzed Business, Functional Requirements and Design Review Documents to develop Test plan for positive, negative test cases.
- Designed the layout designs using Android XML for all the pages.
- Created the log in and sign up page and integrated Google cloud services on the application.
- Enabled synchronization of the user documents to the secure cloud.
- Designed and developed Mobile Media application for Android mobile devices with extensive user interface development.
- Implemented a common interface for the application making it compatible with a desktop, web or mobile.
- Implemented 5 filters: Active, created by you, Flagged, invited to and Expired.
- Using Phone Gap/Cordova to access device APIs such as camera and geolocation to deploy as Android app.
- Consumed RESTful web services utilizing JSON, SOAP, REST, GSON, XML.
- Implemented Augmented Reality Project which allows user to get real time data reducing human efforts under Android Mobile App Development Project. Performed various types of testing on Mobile client applications across iPhone, Android, Blackberry and Mobile Web, and also web API's.
- Used See Test to automate Manual Mobile Testing Process.
- Execute the SoapUI test cases, logged the defects found in JIRA and assign them to the Developers.
- Performed data driven testing using java Webdriver Junit and TestNG framework.
- Used Firebug to find XPATH and CSS locators to locate web elements.
- Used Java libraries like JDBC, Log4J and TestNG for all the automation scripts.
- Worked on XML files to validate against XML Schema.
- Debugged, wrote SQL queries on Oracle for data validation and data creation.
- Knowledge of setting up execution environment on multiple machines using Selenium Grid.
- Run the builds using Continuous Integration tool Jenkins.
- Tested applications under Scrum (Agile) Methodology.
Environment: Selenium RC/ IDE /WebDriver, C#, Appium, Android SDK, IPhone iOS, Web Driver, SVN, JIRA, GIT Hub, Eclipse, MySQL, HTML, JAVA, JSP, Junit/TestNG, MAVEN, SOAPUI, Jenkins
- Coordinated with cross-functional teams during test preparation and execution.
- Provide comprehensive testing of photo sharing application on WEB and Mobile platforms at all the stages of software development and software testing life cycles.
- Test various mobile devices with a various platform (iOS, Android)
- Created Automation test framework using Selenium.
- Recorded and plays back test in Firefox using Selenium IDE.
- Added annotations to the test (Selenium TestNG)
- Used Selenium GRID to execute test cases parallel on different target machines.
- Tested compatibility of application for dynamic and static content under various cross browsers using HTML IDs and Xpath in Selenium.
- Performed Smoke, Functional, System, Integration, Regression, Performance testing.
- Prepared test data for testing the application in various test phases.
- Used TOAD as well as SQL analyzer to manipulate SQL queries to verify the data in the database.
- Checked the navigation and the links of the application, verified online return test cases using android app.
- Performed bug tracking, including submitting and assigning defects to the application developers using JIRA.
- Interacted with Developers and System Analysts to understand the severity of the defects.
- Run the builds using Continuous Integration tool like Hudson.
Environment: Selenium GRID/IDE/RC, JIRA, Appium, Web driver, TOAD, JSP, VB Script, JBoss, Windows XP, HTML, XML, Android, Hudson.
- Involved in analyzing Business Requirement Document and Technical Specification Document and developed test plan and test cases for testing the application.
- Used Agile Scrum methodology development process.
- Extensively used Selenium Web Driver to add more flexibility in automation testing cases.
- Responsible for creating Functions, Test Data and Test Suite.
- Involved in design and implementation of Selenium WebDriver automation framework for smoke and regression test suites.
- Responsible for architecting the testing Framework using Selenium and other different kind of API from scratch.
- Responsible in executing Selenium test scripts on different browsers and checked for compatibility.
- Responsible in writing Regression test cases and automated testing using Selenium WebDriver.
- Performed the Back-End integration testing to ensure data consistency on front-end by writing and executing SQL statements.
- Responsible for performance testing using JMeter.
- Used JOINS on the tables to retrieve information from different tables in database to check the database updates on a regular basis using SQL queries.
- Responsible for Regression testing after bug fixes and verified those fixes.
- Involved in monitoring, maintaining, stabilizing of automated jobs using Jenkins.
- Provided client support by analyzing day to day requirements and generating reports by executing queries based on the requirement.
Environment: Selenium WebDriver, Eclipse, Java, TestNG, Maven, Oracle SQL Server, SOAP UI, JMeter, Jenkins, HTML, XML, Windows, Solaris, CVS.
Confidential, Omaha, NE
Automation Test Engineer
- Analyzed business requirements and participated in design reviews.
- Involved in the end to end testing of the native application and the mobile browser application.
- Submit the trade through the mobile app verify them in the order management system and execute them in the mainframes.
- Reviewed the Functional Requirement Documents, Test areas and the Functional Specifications of the application.
- Reviewed the project documents like Project Definition Document (PDD), Software Architecture Document (SAD), batch specification documents.
- Developed test cases to cover overall quality assurance testing.
- Participated in Agile software testing process with regular QA meetings to discuss testing issues.
- Developed test automation scripts using Selenium WebDriver as part of regression testing of the various releases of the application and updated the script as part of maintenance.
- Extensively used Selenium API and WebDriver to test the web applications.
- Responsible for creating Functions, Test Data and Test Suite.
- Responsible for creation and execution of Selenium test scripts on different browsers.
- Experienced in functional testing using Selenium IDE and WebDriver using JUnit testing framework.
- Performed manual testing of each build and then regression testing on each builds using WebDriver.
- Developed data driven test scripts to check the same functionality with multiple sets of data.
- Used Quality center to log, track and close defects as and when developers provided fix.
- Performed database verifications using SQL queries to validate test data.
- Performed Smoke testing, Functional testing, GUI testing, Database Testing, Data Driven and UAT.
Environment: Selenium-RC/WebDriver, Eclipse, JUnit, MS SQL Server, SOAPUI, Java, XML, Quality Center, Windows, Solaris, SVN.
- Analyzed business requirements, participated in technical design, development and testing of various modules assigned.
- Implemented the web-based application using struts Framework.
- Developed JSP for the multiple views in the presentation layer and Java Beans for model layer.
- Used JSTL and wrote custom JSP tag libraries and implemented role based handling in JSP pages.
- Used JQuery core library functions for the logical implementation part at client side for all the application.
- Used Ajax for populating the list/drop down box with data.
- Wrote Hibernate configuration file, Hibernate mapping files and defined persistence classes.
- Worked on SRS and process flow documents.
- Interacted with the Graphics design team in the use of Photoshop CS3, MS Visio, PowerPoint, Dreamweaver and Flash.
- Updated defects in Quality center and fixing the defects assigned.
- Involved in Developed test cases/scenarios, manual testing of the application.
- Developed views, controller and model components implementing Struts MVC Framework.
- Developed Presentation tier as Java Server Pages using Struts MVC Framework implementing Struts Validator, Tiles and Struts Internationalization.
- Developed Struts MVC compliant components for the web tier.
- Created Action Classes for Controller in Struts MVC Framework.
- Implemented Struts Framework for configuration of action mappings and presentation logic in JSPs, Servlets.
- Developed Servlets and designed web.xml for the Servlets.
- Involved in Java application testing and maintenance in development phase and production phase.
- Involved in developing JSP for client data presentation and, data validation on the client side with in the forms.
- Designed and development of Web pages using PHP, HTML, CSS including Ajax controls and XML
- Created and maintained the framework and layout of each portal with Cascading Style Sheets (CSS).
- Involved in configuring the shopping cart for e-commerce website.
- Validated input values to make sure that they will be accepted before they are submitted to the server.
- Utilized new software methodologies to be able to adapt to changes in requirements quickly.
- Worked closely with third party vendors.