- I am a Software Test Engineer with several years of experience.
- I have worked on both in - house and retail products on every stage of the product cycle.
- During my career as a Software Tester I've been part of a product team, worked closely with program managers, developers and other software testers.
- I have developed and executed test plans; performed functionality, compatibility, unit, integration, stress, performance and usability testing both manual and automated on various platform environments; prepared bug reports and have led projects to production readiness.
- Lastly, I speak, read and write Spanish and English.
SOFTWARE TEST ENGINEER
- Triage large volumes of unprocessed feedback daily.
- Identify new items that need to be tracked and prioritize them appropriately.
- Reroute feedback that’s been mis-categorized.
- Drive engineering teams to respond to high impact issues based on up to date reports of current and trending topics.
- Help educate teams across Windows on best practices for triaging feedback and acting on issues reported by users.
- Develop and execute SQL queries to validate data. Identify product defects and create detailed bug reports.
- Pilot new machine learning technology and provide feedback on usability, effectiveness and ways to improve.
Confidential, Bothell, WATest Lead
- Worked along-side teachers to educate elementary age children by preparing and implementing various student interventions.
- These education plans included subjects in math, reading, writing and physical education; supervised children in classroom, playground and field trips; taught basic Spanish to groups of students; assisted students in setting up devices, understanding and completing technology tasks in computer lab.
- Assisted groups of students with art, writing, science and reading projects; supported teacher(s) with Spanish to English language translation; shelved books and checked in/out books at school library; directed students to appropriate classroom; assisted with school vision tests; sign-in/out students; helped with student supervision during after school events.
- Developed test plans and test cases for web applications; executed manual test cases; identified, reported and regressed bugs, ensured test deliverables met deadlines, collaborated closely with program management and development team.
- Developed Functional Test plan for web-based application with SQL Server backend; coordinated testing tasks between testers, developed build verification, security and use test scenarios for both white box and black box testing; wrote SQL queries to validate data on SQL Server, executed test cases on daily builds; identified product defects and created detailed bug reports; ensured test deliverables’ deadlines were met; collaborated closely with program management, development and other testers; reported on daily test team progress.
SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER IN TEST
- Tested MS Excel features on various Windows environments for functionality, ease of use & globalization; developed automated test cases using C#
- Developed test specification for features of ownership; tested design specifications and provided feedback; identified product defects; documented detailed bug reports and drove to resolution; collaborated with other members of test team to ensure feature overlap was fully tested worked closely with program management and feature developer(s); reported regularly to management on features’ test progress.