- 7+ years of experience in software quality assurance (QA) with Manual and Automation Testing. Experienced in testing web based, client, Back end applications and API Testing in various domains like banking, insurance and healthcare. Experience in different types of testing including System testing, Regression Testing, Functional Testing of Web based applications.
- Sr. QA Analyst with 7 years of Manual and Automation Testing experience
- Extensively used automated testing tool Selenium Web Driver for automating Functional and Regression Test cases.
- Good Expertise in Java, developed automated test suites using Java and selenium web driver and Eclipse
- Developed automation frame works using Junit, Selenium, Java, Apache POI and Excel
- Executed automated regression scripts using Selenium Grid/TestNG and also using batch files in different browsers.
- Experience with Maven, GIT, Subversion and Jenkins.
- Used Firebug, Fire Path, XPath, DOM Inspector, and Chrome Console to create Selenium scripts
- Experience in Mobile Apps Testing of Native apps, Web apps, Hybrid apps with Exploratory Testing on Mobile and Tablet devices.
- Involved in full Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) from requirements analysis, design, development and testing.
- Experienced in developing Test Plans, Test Strategy, Test Cases, Test Data requirements and Traceability Matrix from business, functional requirements, UX and technical designs.
- Working knowledge of running manual and automation test suites using Quality Center test lab.
- Used Quality Center and Jira bug tracking tools to report and track defects, to manage and run test cases.
- Managed and worked on all levels of testing like Functional, System, End - to-End, User Acceptance testing, Smoke testing and Sanity Testing.
- Experience in testing the functionalities across different browsers (Internet Explorer, Chrome, Safari and Firefox) and different operating systems.
- Worked in Agile methodology, familiar with agile concepts like scrum, sprint planning, retro/demo, burn down charts etc.
- Good experience writing SQL queries using Oracle and SQL Server and performed extensive backend testing.
- Experience on SOAP and REST SOAPUI Web Services Testing.
- Knowledge of UNIX OS and experience in running UNIX commands.
Testing Tools: Selenium, Soap UI PRO
Test Management Tools: Quality Center, JIRA, Confluence, Rally
Operating Systems: Windows, UNIX
Technical Skills: Java, HTML, SQL.
Database: ORACLE, SQL Server, DB2, TOAD, SQL Navigator
Environment: Web based and mobile applications
Domain: Insurance, banking, healthcare
Confidential, San Francisco, CA
Sr QA Engineer
- Developed automation frameworks using page object model and data driven Testing methods using Java, Excel and TestNG, developed custom libraries using Java.
- Worked on Selenium GUI element verification using XPath and CSS locators.
- Modified and made additions to existing test framework based on Page Factory and POM in Selenium.
- Worked with Maven, GIT and Jenkins.
- Tested web service calls by validating XML request and response using in-house tool.
- Engaged in early scripting in parallel to development to speed up script execution process.
- Performed device testing on physical devices on both Android and iOS platforms
- Validated Greenhouse mobile app using simulators and device connect.
- Understanding the business requirements, application and its components.
- Preparation of test scenarios/cases/execution and test results.
- Performed Defect Tracking & Management in ClearQuest and ALM
- Participated in daily Scrum meetings and defect review meetings.
- Developed test cases in Excel sheets and imported it into Quality Center
Environment: Selenium 2.0, Quality Center, SOAP UI, REST API, JSON, Maven, TestNG, Jenkins, Java8, Spring Boot, HTML5, Tortoise SVN.
- Designed structured User Interface automated Test cases using Selenium Web driver in Java to perform regression testing of member portal
- Wrote data driven cross browser automation test cases using Excel data with Apache POI and used jdbc to query and validate backend.
- Executed automated test suites on multiple browsers and platforms using Selenium Grid
- Developed scripts in Eclipse IDE with Maven as build tool, used Git for version control, Jenkins to schedule the scripts execution.
- Reported results in HTML and Excel with graphical charts.
- Designed scripts using Xpath and CSS selector identification techniques using tools Firebug, Fire path, Chrome developer tools.
- Used Soap UI to test Restful web services for authentication, plans, benefits and claims developed in Message Broker and Data power
- Performed Functional, UI and regression testing of member portal and open enrollment site
- Reported and tracked defects using Jira.
- Followed Agile / Scrum Development Process with two-week sprints, sprint boards, daily scrum meetings, used Jira to create sprint boards, story tasking and log ours, tracked work with burn down charts.
- Used SQL Navigator to perform backend testing using SQL, and also to create and update test data in QA test environment.
Environment: Java, WebSphere Message Broker, Data Power, Oracle 10g, Selenium 2.0, Appium, Quality Center, SOAP UI, REST API, JSON, Maven, TestNG, Jenkins, Git
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
- Involved in developing automation framework to be used across the projects using Selenium, Java, Maven and Junit
- Automated functional test cases using page object model, used POI and Excel sheets to make tests data driven
- Executed automation scripts for each release and reported results in Excel format.
- Developed datadriven tests using Excel and database
- Analyzed manual test cases to identify automation candidates
- Created test plans by analyzing the Business Requirements and Functional Requirements and automated them.
- Involved in all stages of development starting from inception, design, development and testing.
- Participated in design sessions, design reviews portal and service integration walkthroughs.
- Uploaded all the Test plans and Test Scripts in the Quality Center. Extensively used Quality Center for Bug reporting, reviewing and Defect Tracking.
- Involved in Integration, Functional and Regression testing.
- Followed Agile / Scrum Development Process and used Rally to track the work.
- Used SoapUI to test web services developed in ActiveMQ and IBMWebsphereMQ
Environment: J2EE, IBM WebSphere, IBM WebSphereMQ, DB2, Quick Test Professional, Quality Center, SoapUI, VB Script, TOAD.
Confidential, Riverwoods, Illinois
- Involved in the Requirement gathering stage from the Business team.
- Prepared Test Strategy and Test Plan
- Used Test Director for Test Planning, Test Execution, and Generating Reports.
- Identified the test scenarios and designed System Integration Test Cases.
- Involved in functionality and Sanity checking.
- Back-End Database verification manually to verify Databases Oracle and DB2
- Verified application and error logs by connecting to UNIX box
- Extensive use of SQL to perform data integrity testing.
- Provided Support during UAT and Production
Environment: J2EE, Swings, WebSphere, Oracle9i, Mainframes, DB2, Test Director.