- Accomplished and seasoned, Automation Test Engineer and WLAN Network Engineer with 10+ yrs. of experience.
- Expert in WLAN concepts, computer networking, TCP/IP, Wireless LAN and variety of software L2/L3 protocol, hardware and network based application
- Expert in TCL, Python scripting on product testing level.
- Extensive knowledge of software testing and management
- Knowledge of project management with good planning and organization skills with the ability to independently complete tasks and prioritize work in a quick - paced, real-time environment.
- 10+ years of experience in Wireless Network Testing & Implementation.
- 2 years of Wireless network engineer.
- Managed a team of 6 members during Juniper projects.
- Strong Knowledge in TCP/IP, Networking Concepts, Routing, Wireless LAN protocols and IXIA traffic generator.
- Extensive experience in wireless testing, Layer 2 to Layer 7 protocols, Wireless LAN Controllers, Access Point, Wireless Bridge and Client cards
- Experience in troubleshooting and maintenance of ISP operations, implementation of customer networks.
- Experience of product testing on TCL n Python scripting language.
Main Skill: Testing Network Wireless Protocols, Server Load Balancer, WLAN
Protocols: TCP/IP, l2 protocol, STP, RSTP, HSRP, VRRP, MPLS, Multicast
Routing Protocols: L3 protocol, RIP, IGRP, EIGRP, OSPF, BGPv4, QOS
Wireless Protocols: 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, WEP, TKIP, LEAP, PEAP, EAP
Routers: Confidential AS5300, 5800 & 7000 Series, Juniper Mx
Switches: Alteon Application Switch, Radware Alteon 5412, 4408, Confidential Catalyst 6500, 2900
Wireless Devices: Confidential 5500, 5760, 3850 Wireless Controllers, Access Points - 3700,3600, 2600, 1140, Bridges - 1310, 1410, Confidential PI, MSE, NCS5000
Firewall & VPN: Junos SRX 5800, 5600, 3600,1400, Confidential PIX 506, VPN Concentrator 3000
Network Tools: IXIA, Avalanche, Agilent traffic generators, Etherpeek, MS web stress tool, Airsnort, SIP ONDO server,SIP X-client, tcpdump, mybridge, fragroute.
Project Management tools: Microsoft Project Professional, Test Management templates.
Scripting: TCL, Python, Unix
Confidential, Pal Alto, Ca
Wireless Testing and Validation Engineer
- Working on Confidential, Infra Connectivity team for Terragraph radios,60GHZ and NMS tools. NMS tools is a network management tool. It is used for managing Terragraph network.
- Writing software programming in python, test plans, test cases, and development of documentation of new features;
- . Modifying existing software to correct errors and for new features to adapt it to new hardware, or to upgrade interfaces and improve performance;
- Designing test plan to encompass component level and end-to-end connectivity testing to ensure wireless mesh network meet the strict performance and reliability requirements of ISP;
- Providing in depth network testing to validate performance of layers 1-3 of the wireless mesh network;
- Working cross-functionally with local engineering, deployment/operations team, and OEM vendors to design, test, and debug validation test plan;
- Creating test bed for the new features requirements;
- Troubleshooting and debugging the network;
- Developing comprehensive documentation of results and bugs discovered during engineering validation test plan;
- Reproducing the customer issues in lab and building the same topology in Lab environment;
- Working on different types of network devices of Confidential AP, Controllers, Ruckus APs, Mojo APs and protocols like BGP, OSPF, IPV6, 802.11ad, 802.11a, b,g,n,ac,, ad,TCP,UDP,VLANX,PING6, Terragraph High Availability features;
- Designing and executing engineering validation test plan to test performance and reliability of a millimeter wave wireless mesh network;
- Determining millimeter wave RF characteristics and performance in real world Terragraph network topology; and impact of rain and snow on Terragraph links.
- Working with SW and HW engineering teams to iterate on hardware and software designs.
Confidential, Fremont, CA
- Design and setup a network (including clients, servers, routers, Switches, Wireless controllers and access points.
- Troubleshooting and maintenance of different vendor devices like Juniper, Confidential, Pal Alto, Netgear.
- Scripting in python for updating and configuration of devices and network.
- Working on OSPF, BGP, RSTP,MSTP,VLAN Ethernet. Fiber Optic, Modem,802.11 b,g,n,ac
Confidential, San Jose, CA
Sr. Network Test Engineer
- Design and setup a test network (including clients, servers, routers and dedicated test equipment) independently.
- Development and maintenance of Automation scripts using TCL/TK, Python
- Coordinated end to end Testing Activities for each release in the User Acceptance testing (UAT) environment.
- Settings of the networking devices ( Confidential Router, switches) co-coordinating with the system/Network administrator during implementation.
- Responsible for analyzing product requirements and set direction of overall product design and technologies and for executing and validating Test procedures.
- Developing Test plans, Test Procedures, executing functional testing of Carrier Ethernet Switches.
- Designed and implemented Routing Protocol software, including unit-testing and bug-fixing activities.
Senior Test Engineer
- Leading Confidential Wireless Releases.
- Tested all the AP functionalities some of which are Security, repeater, wireless bridge, Confidential Wireless Distribution System), hot standby, IP and IP port filters, NTP server, MAC filters, MAC authentication, VLANs.
- The project involved manual and automated testing for the new and existing features on various Confidential AP platforms and Clients on Windows operating systems. The Confidential India WNBU team is completely responsible for all the client feature testing and much of the AP functionality testing.
- Our team was responsible for testing functionality of various Confidential 's Wireless Access Points, Bridges, Workgroup Bridges and Wireless LAN Solutions Engine for quality and to ensure that they comply with standards.
- Wireless Bridge testing and Client Radio testing.
- Taking up ownership of new features
- Testing a wide range of wired and wireless features in Confidential ’s Next Generation WLAN Controllers.
- Bringing issues to closure.
- Subject Matter Expert for 802.11r, CAPWAP, Guest Access, webAuth features.
- Mentoring engineers.
- Providing Solution to customers in their deployments and handling escalations.
- Participating in support mail aliases answering Sales, Marketing and Customer Support etc.
- Delivering Presentations and Demos to Customers about our Wireless portfolio, Confidential ’s innovations in wireless, help customers understand features and their working in live session
- Delivering Demos to TAC/TME etc.
- Creation of test plans & test execution
- TFTP, FTP, DNS features
- Layer 7 HTTP Application Redirection, and Cookie persistency
- TCP connection pooling
- L2 VLAN, STP and L3 OSPF protocols
Senior Systems QA
- Involved with leading a team and testing of SLB module in High end SRX devices (5800, 5600, 3600)
- Underwent Junos/SRX training in Sunnyvale, CA
- Qualified SSL offloading, Health monitoring, Real Server Group Enhancement, NAT-FTP/TFTP ALG features of server load balancing in SRX
Wireless Network Engineer
- Troubleshooting and fixing customer issues.
- Configuring customer devices through remotely.
- Updating the bug.
- Scheduled meetings with Product Managers, Developers and QA to discuss about project status and bugs
- Bug scrub meetings
- Analyzing defect metrics and root cause analysis
- Formal project closure and documentation of the lessons learned
- Organized training programs for the team
- Responsible for maintaining and monitoring the organization’s high-end production servers. Having good experience with Sun Enterprise servers (E 00), Network Load Balancers ( Confidential Local Directory), NetScaler and Firewall ( Confidential PIX). Performing support/administrative duties in heterogeneous systems environment consisting of Windows XP/2000/NT/9x.
- Design & Administration of the Organization’s LAN/WAN
- Day to Day maintenance of Confidential 1720 Router, Confidential VPN concentrator, Catalyst Switches and Confidential PIX Firewall
- Providing 24*7 availability of oracle database and high-end servers
- Providing support to operations with the integration of distributed systems
- Administration and troubleshooting of a LAN comprising about 250 nodes and NT 4.0 servers
- Configuring Confidential Routers, switches, hubs etc.
- Designing and Implementation.
- Troubleshooting software, hardware and network problems. Patch administration, performance analysis and tuning. LAN cabling with compliance to CAT5 standards.
- Involved in planning, designing and implementation of leased line connectivity to Dishnet Hubs and Customers.
- Commission 2Mbps Circuit, ISDN PRI and E1/R2 lines
- Planning, designing, product evaluation and implementation of networks.