- Experienced senior QA Analyst professional with 8 years of experience in all phases of Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC). Involved in developing Test Cases, Test Plan and Automation test scripts using Selenium. Diversified experience in Automation, Manual testing and Business Analysis methodologies, serving various domains such as Healthcare, Banking, Insurance and Retail.
- Expertise in Selenium automation using Selenium WebDriver, Selenium Grid, JAVA and Appium.
- Expertise in software testing (Manual and Automation) with very good understanding of Test Planning, Test Design, Test Execution and Defect Management, Reporting, Tracking and web - based testing Selenium RC using Eclipse IDE.
- Experience in developing manual and automated Test scripts and test cases based on the client provided BRD, FRS and SRS.
- Excellent communication skills, strong analytical & logical abilities in Business Analysis and Technical documentation.
- Experience in web applications testing with Selenium IDE, Selenium RC, Selenium Grid and Selenium Web Driver.
- Extensively used Selenium APIs such as Take Screenshot for Capturing Failed test cases.
- Extensively involved in Automating GUI Functionalities which includes handling Web Elements like Textboxes, Images, Buttons, Check Boxes, Links and Dropdowns (using Select Class), Pop-Ups, Web Tables/ Frames/ Dynamic Elements, Keyboard and Mouse events.
- Skilled in creating Requirement Traceability Matrix to ensure comprehensive test coverage of requirements.
- Worked as part of passionate agile project teams to ensure quality is driven into the heart of the development process from requirements definition through to delivery.
- Performed Continuous Integration of code and scripts using Jenkins and triggered the Continuous Delivery process using Jenkins build jobs.
- Well versed in using GitHub as a source repository system to share code within the office as well as with the team in overseas.
- Expertise in using BDD(Behavior Driven Development)Frameworks with Cucumber using Gherkin Language.
- Experienced in using build automation tools such as Maven (to manage framework dependency jar files) for automating software build processes.
- Involved in Automating test scripts for application’s web pages using Selenium Web Driver in Page Object Model (POM) design pattern.
- Experience in using Apache POI to read data from external sources to feed locators into the test script.
- Actively Participated in Defect Triage Meetings and Root Cause Analysis (RCA).
- Experienced in using Test Management tools such as Rally, JIRA, HP QC (ALM) and Bugzilla bug reporting tools to track test progress, execution and deliverables.
- Executed web services testing using SOAPUI tool for soap and Rest Web services.
- Experienced in RESTful web service testing using Rest Assured framework. Validated JSON formatted data, different http status code like 200, 201, 400, 415, 500 etc.
- Proficient in Database/Back-End testing to ensure data consistency on front-end by writing and executing SQL queries for data validation.
- Experienced in Database Testing using SQL Queries with multiple Databases, SQL Server, and MySQL.
Methodologies: Agile, Waterfall, SDLC, STLC
Testing Tools: Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Selenium IDE, Selenium RC, Selenium Grid,SOAPUI,Postman, JUnit, Cucumber, Appium
Test Build and Integration Tools: Maven, Jenkins
Frameworks: Keyword Driven, Data Driven, Hybrid
Programming Tools: JAVA, Gherkin, SQL
Databases: MySQL, Oracle, SQL Server
Browsers: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome
Platforms: Windows XP/7/8, UNIX, LINUX
Defect/Agile Tools: HP Quality Center, JIRA, Rally
Microsoft Tools: Outlook, Visio, SharePoint, Word, Excel, Access
Utilities: Eclipse, Fire Bug, Fire Path
Confidential, Springfield, IL
Senior QA Analyst
- Analyzed business requirements and functional documents, involved in creating the test plan document that define the test environment, phases of testing, entry and exit criteria into different phases of testing and resources required to conduct the effort.
- Performed agile testing, reviewed the stories and participated in Daily Scrum, Iteration Planning and Release planning meeting.
- Created automation framework using Data Driven Framework with Page Object Model to test web application with Selenium WebDriver, Java and TestNG.
- Executed test cases relating to mouse hover using Actions class and found hidden elements using XPath, CSS, DOM and window handle classes.
- Performed Cross browser compatibility testing on Chrome, Firefox, IE browsers using TestNG.
- Performed Synchronization using Explicit & Implicit waits.
- Developed Test plans and Test Scripts, defined Test Scenarios, analyzed bugs and also involved in quality assurance reviews with the team to ensure bugs are reported and closed.
- Executed test cases and participated actively in System Testing, UAT and Regression Testing.
- Created test reports generated out of TestNG and captured the error screenshots.
- Interacted with the Development team and the Environment team in prioritizing the defect list and validating known bug fixes.
- Configured application framework using excel spreadsheets and processed the spreadsheets using Apache POI.
- Performed Sanity testing and Ad-hoc testing when required.
- Found Defects, prepared Defect Reports and Status Reports, performed Bug Triage, defect tracking using JIRA.
- Executed test cases using TestNG parameters, parallel suites and groups.
- Hands on experience in the use of Cucumber Step Definition, Scenarios and Features for User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Performed functional testing of SOAP and RESTFUL Web Services using SOAP UI and Postman.
- Used Jenkins tool for continuous integration of the builds and deploying the build artifacts. Used Maven for project building.
- Experience in Analyzing, testing, and certifying application-specific software and performed ambiguity reviews of business requirements and functional specification documents
- Created test cases and performed Database testing to check whether the data is being migrated properly.
- Wrote SQL Queries to connect to the database and retrieve data for a specified set of test requirements.
Environment: Selenium WebDriver, Cucumber, Jenkins, Postman, SOAPUI, Maven, TestNG, JIRA, Eclipse, XPATH, Java, Agile, GIT, SQL Server 2012, SQL and Windows/Unix.
Confidential, Morristown, NJ
- Involved in Preparation of Test Scenarios and Review of Test Cases.
- Involved in Regression testing using Selenium and Creation of automation scripts for web pages.
- Interacted with client, Development team to understand and gather the Functional and Non-Functional requirements for projects/each release.
- Developed automated Test cases in Java using Selenium WebDriver.
- Shared Daily Status Reports with all the team members, Team Leads, Managers and Clients.
- Created user defined functions in Java and implemented the functionality with Selenium.
- Designed, developed and implemented Data Driven automation testing framework utilizing Java in Eclipse.
- Created Test plan, High level scenarios, Test case construction and Test estimates, resource estimates and weekly status reports.
- Conducted Test Case Walkthroughs to achieve consensus on Test Case correctness &completeness.
- Executed and managed functional, integration, and system test cases. Wrote test cases to handle Alerts on the web page.
- Took the Application Screenshots and copied the images whenever exceptions occurred and also at important checkpoints of application execution.
- Involved in using Maven build tool to manage framework dependency jar files in POM.xml.
- Used automated scripts and performed functionality testing during the various phases of the application development using Selenium.
- Used Selenium WebDriver for writing test scripts and executing them.
- Developed Automation Scripts for Regression using Selenium Web Driver and Java.
- Performed Compatibility testing of applications for dynamic and static content of browsers using HTML Id’s and XPath in Selenium.
- Wrote Features using Gherkin format and implemented the step definitions using Cucumber for User Acceptance Test (UAT).
- Configured Jenkins build job for continuous Integration and for Regression Testing.
- Executed SOAP based web services using testing SoapUI.
- Validated SOAP responses by adding Assertions.
- Performed browser validations across operating systems by verifying the visual presentations, alignment, design and accuracy of links.
- Used Selenium WebDriver for automating of Cross Browser Testing on IE, Firefox, Safari and Chrome.
- Involved in preparation of test plan for every product created, updated stories and tasks in JIRA.
- Performed change defects verification of data in QA environment, before the Production implementation.
Environment: Java, Selenium WebDriver, Jenkins, SoapUI, JIRA, Maven, MS Office, SQL, Windows.
- Responsible for analyzing business, functional and IT requirement documents and prepare complete Test Plans including system test plan, integration test plan, QA project plans and resource planning and allocation.
- Developed and Automated Test cases in Java using Selenium WebDriver for Regression testing.
- Designed and Developed Test Cases for automated testing using Selenium with JAVA and TestNG
- Setup and Configured the testing environment with Eclipse, Selenium WebDriver, TestNG.
- Converted all manual test cases into Selenium automated scripts using Java.
- Involved in Writing Maven build dependencies to automate the compilation and execution of test cases/suites.
- Wrote and executed automated test cases using Selenium Web Driver to automate manual testing solutions.
- Involved in the complete Performance Test Cycle promoting it to the User Acceptance Testing.
- Worked on Agile/SCRUM environment.
- Created the Execution result sheet, Execution plan, Completion report documents for Functional testing.
- Presented progress of the testing process at walkthroughs and inspections.
- Worked with Developers, Business analysts to determine requirements (H/W specs, Test Cases, Test Data).
- Wrote Scenarios, Scenario outlines and step definitions using Cucumber for BDD.
- Used GIT as a version control for our source code management to checkout, fetch, commit the work.
- Involved in the daily standup meetings with Sr. Business Analyst and managers and understood various process plans, business process, and functionality in detail.
- Initiated and participated in conference calls, walkthrough and review meetings.
Environment: Selenium Web Driver, Cucumber, Eclipse IDE, Oracle, MSWord, MS Excel, Windows, Agile, JIRA, GIT.
- Attended walk though meeting in which business rules and functionalities were discussed
- Developed Test Plan and wrote Test Cases.
- Identified, established and documented Test Requirements.
- Developed supporting Test cases and scripts to validate the functionality of the application.
- Involved in Data Validation testing using SQL queries.
- Performed Black Box Testing, Functional Testing, Integration Testing, Sanity Testing, GUI, Ad hoc, Regression and data driven testing
- Performed extensive Negative Testing to determine the stability of the application.
- Executed the developed tests both before and after defect fixes as a part of regression testing.
- Developed, Implemented and Executed test methodologies and plans to ensure software product quality.
- Involved in extensive interaction with users to define acceptance criteria.
- Conducted meetings with the end-users to establish guidelines for UAT. Guidelines included specification of necessary screen components, appropriate message boxes and proper use of sounds and colors.
- Explored and gained good knowledge and hands-on experience with HP ALM.
- Designed various test Cases with different test conditions
- Adopted Data Driven Methodology to the test application with different sets of data.
- Used HP ALM for reporting and tracking bugs.
- Identified the test requirements based on application business requirements.
- Performed Manual testing and maintained documentation for different types of testing like Positive, Negative, Unit testing, Regression, Integration, System, Functional, Performance and UAT (User acceptance testing).
Environment: HP ALM, HTML, XML, Firefox, IE, Firefox, SQL Server.
- Understanding the Business requirements, Application and function specifications, Design documents.
- Involved in writing and designing templates for the Test Plans and Test cases.
- Involved in Preparation of Test Scenarios and review of Test Cases.
- Involved in updating and executing test cases according to requirements.
- Identified the Test Cases and documented them in Quality Center.
- Performed GUI, Functional, Negative, Positive, Regression and User Acceptance Testing.
- Prepared various reports based on different stages of Testing.
- Involved in Bug reporting and bug tracking using QC.
- Updated Reports and dashboards to display the status of test coverage including the number of test cases passing, failing or pending.
- Interacted with developers, users and various members of the team to discuss issues, resolve defects and set priorities.
- Involved in Managerial Meetings and attended various conference calls at different levels from QA, Developers and Clients.
Environment: SQL Server, Windows XP, Manual Testing, MS-Excel, QC