Seeking a position as a Software Quality Assurance Manager.
- 10 years of managing experience in agile environment along with 5 years of Scrum Master/Coach expertise and an overall 15+yrs of QA expertise
- Hired, mentored and managed QA test teams. Responsible for quarterly performance reviews while providing guidance and feedback on regular basis
- Hands - on experience in testing GUI, Desktop applications, Client/Server applications, Mobile devices, Web applications and Web Services.
- Tested and provided production support for several Confidential compliant software applications that were provided as service (SaaS) to Law Enforcement agencies
- Implemented automation framework for each project and lead automation team for regression and new feature testing
- Experience working with off-site teams. Successfully led and managed several high revenue-generating projects for the company
- Experience in Agile environment, working with short project life cycles.
- Led teams and projects successfully from initial development to production rollout with hands-on planning for sprint milestones, resource allocation, testing, bug triage, daily stand-up meetings, weekly defect reports and data analytics for feature development. Discuss progress and roadblocks with executive team and PMO for transparency.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams for release cycles and develop testing strategies for complex compliant services.
- Established company guidelines, protocols and QA processes standards to streamline test methodologies
- Excellent people management and communication skills, detail-oriented, motivational, lead-by-example approach
Application Software: CaliberRM, Knowledge Tree - DMS, Confluence Wiki, Beyond Compare, BMC Remedy, Flash8, Adobe Photoshop, WinSCP, Putty, WinZip, cURL, Splunk, Nagios XI, TestLink, AWS-S3, Artifactory
Bug Reporting Tools: JIRA, Bugzilla, ALM 11.0, JAMA
Operating System: LINUX/Unix, Windows 7/XP/2000, MAC, Red Hat 7, CentOS 7
Database: MS-SQL, Oracle, SQL Server 2000, NoSQL DB
Version Control Software: Bitbucket, Jenkins, Perforce, Git/GitHub
Security Software: Fortify SCA/PTA, mPKI
Automation Tools: Robot Framework, Appium, Selenium WebDriver, TestNG/Junit Framework, ReadyAPI
Emerging Technologies: Big Data, Cloud Computing and Hadoop, RPA
Confidential, San Jose, CA
- Lead next generation end-end solution stack applications for Confidential point-of-sale (POS) android devices with Confidential proprietary operating system for payment gateway
- Manage a team of 8 mid-senior level quality assurance engineers, leading testing of android nugget operating system native applications and VFI developer apps on Carbon10 and Carbon8 mobile devices
- Engage with customers, stakeholders, sponsors and sales representatives to understand requirements and in corporate features into Confidential ’s or current sprint based on priority. Collaborate with peers and cross-functional teams to achieve customer success and company goals
- Sole architect of Robot automation framework and automation guidelines. Developed several high-level python automation scripts using Robot framework with Pycharm IDE for Carbon10 android apps to speed up smoke tests during each sprint cycle. Developed regression automation suite which could be executed on release candidates
- Create API automation framework using Swagger to test RESTful APIs. Perform integration tests on distributed back-end, front-end and cloud (AWS) components on solution stacks for North America and other regional vendors. Responsible for delivering quality SaaS e-commerce Marketplace applications to customers.
- Generate test reports, closely monitor P1/P2 open JIRA tickets and discuss prioritization in weekly bug triage meetings. Keep executive management in close loop with progress and roadblocks to set the right expectations
- Contribute towards CI and TDD with tools such as Jenkins, Artifactory and AWS. Lead test resource for PCI compliance security tests. Published several automation code repositories to GitHub
- Provide guidance and mentorship to QA engineers and manage their schedules
Confidential, Milpitas, CA
QA/Content Delivery Manager
- Quality assurance manager for compliance services which involve interacting with customers to gather requirement details and enhancements. Commit sprint cycles with development team and decide milestone plans. Create test plans, develop test strategy, automation framework, allocate test resources and communicate production rollout decisions to executive management.
- Managed bug reporting tool JIRA at admin level and supervised projects, dashboards, reports and questions for all JIRA related services.
- Conducted weekly bug-triage meetings with development, product owner, PMO’s for re-prioritization of defects based on customer delivery schedules.
- Automated regression and functional test suites using Selenium WebDriver with Java for Compliance managed portals that process requests and data mining.
- Developed TestNG Unit test suites with annotations and assertions for various methods that implement page objects functionality.
- Experience in risk-based analysis and ROI calculations, identification of process methodologies techniques for optimal implementation.
- Evaluated several open source frameworks based on product requirements. Implemented Robot Framework with SeleniumLibrary/Appium for web and mobile applications and designed automation test suites.
- Execute functional, integration, load, performance, user-acceptance, CI tests on staging environment with LIVE network TCP/IP/HTTP/HTTPS protocols. Hands-on testing on jBoss servers, client-server applications, web services and API’s.
- Achieved 100% authentication gateway for customer logins with trusted PKI management tools for data encryption. Followed Confidential compliant guidelines for customer data storage and delivery of SaaS .
- Outstanding ability to work with several cross-functional and off-site teams, collaborating set up of configurations for customer sandbox environment. Actively involved in production deployments, post-deployment testing on LIVE services and customer on-boarding cycles.
- Chaired Quality Review Board meetings to re-prioritize product backlog items and P1/P2 defects based on customer feedback which helped reduce production incidents by 96%. Provide weekly progress updates to executive team and stakeholders
- Served as a liaison between technical and non-technical teams by developing project documents such as Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) and Standard debugging procedures based on data analytics from Nagios XI, Spunk logs and crash logs.
- Developed training plan for new hires, defined quarterly objectives, reviewed accomplishments and provided knowledge transfer/brown-bag sessions
- Drafted test plans for Hadoop infrastructure and development projects
- Technical writer for User manuals, Whitepapers, implementation guides and several other training documents that are customer-centric
Confidential, San Francisco, CA
Software Product Quality Specialist
- Member of Mobile, client/services teams involved in testing of GUI and mobile devices for Adobe flash platform, and Adobe AIR/ Confidential applications
- Performed smoke testing on device features like Image Rendering, SMS, MMS, Text content, Video streaming, Audio API, flash media, WAP by executing test steps from Locksmith test case management tool
- Executed test cases for SaaS application, which prompts notification alerts for Confidential
- Created signature files for each device, installed applications from desktop to the device using BREWAppLoader for BREW phones and PCSuite for Nokia
- Installed and updated flash Media server for testing Adobe AIR/ Confidential on daily builds
- Reported, maintained, assigned and closed bugs in Adobe bug tracking system - Waston
- Created and modified various test plans according to the feature specifications for devices and notification application for AIR
- Checked-in, Checked-out and Synchronized test media from Perforce software configuration management system
- Worked with automation tool, Enzyme, to run scripts on baseline images.
- Undertook Scrum master role to facilitate teams in Sprint decisions, Product backlog, and Daily scrum meetings
Confidential, Fremont, CA
Software Quality Assurance Engineer
- Involved in manual testing of redesigned Confidential website
- Represented QA in product design, functional requirements, and code review meetings
- Implemented Functionality testing for various templates in Content Management System
- Performed Grey-box testing, Black-box testing, Integration testing, User-Acceptance testing on numerous web pages, Confidential archive video pages, audio files while under development and on staging
- Tested on wide range of browsers including IE6, IE7, Netscape, Firefox, Opera, and Safari on Mac for Cross-browser compatibility of the entire Confidential web pages
- Performed 508 compliance accessibility testing and generated detail reports using Deque Ramp Grade 6.0
- Checked for broken links on web pages with Confidential .
- Generated bug reports with JIRA
- Conducted regression testing on templates after production using QTP and modified VBScripts
- Edited templates according to CMS requirement and published them to Workflow
Confidential, Ohio eb Integrator/Quality Assurance Engineer/Co-founder
- Developed quality standards for company products and services, oversaw the development and execution of software test plans and analysis of test results
- Designed and developed Test Plans and Test Scripts for UAT (User Acceptance Testing)
- Designed and developed GUI related regression test plan, test scripts using WinRunner
- Performed Manual Testing for GUI
- Reviewed design documents and participated in code reviews.
- Enabled several Confidential ’s (Small-Medium Business) to have web presence
- Involved in installation/configuration/testing (Stress, functionality, black box) and ad-hoc testing on various platforms, web servers and web browsers
- Developed SQL queries with MS Access and Oracle to retrieve data from database
- Used Test Director for bug-tracking and report generation
- Designed and developed several websites for various clients