- Over 9 years of experience as a Software Development Engineer in Test SDET; extensively involved in Front - end (UI), Web Services/ API testing using Test Driven Development (TDD)/Acceptance Test Driven Development (ATDD) and Behavior Driven Development (BDD) approach.
- Good Experience developing Java code to automate UI element using Selenium, Cucumber, Junit, TestNG, Maven (Using command line/gitbash and eclipse), POSTMAN and Jenkins.
- Worked in various domains such as Ecommerce, Banking and Healthcare.
- Key SDET Skills include proficiency in developing Java code for Selenium WebDriver to run the test script, Selenium IDE/RC; Cross-browser testing using Selenium Grid, TestNG; Core-Java, CICD -Jenkins (continuous integration, Regression tests), Project Dependency management - Maven, IDE - Eclipse & Intellij; BDD- Cucumber, Parallel testing and Regression Testing- TestNG and JUnit.
- Experience working in an environment of manual testing including Interface testing experience with third party vendors, smoke testing, functional, COTS-Commercial Off the shelf application experience, EDI, end to end and User Acceptance Testing.
- Expert in all D’s (BDD, ATDD, TDD, OOAD). Experience in working with Selenium Grid/ Sauce labs to specialize on running multiple tests across different browsers, operating systems, and machines in parallel.
- Expertise in Grouping of Test Cases, Test Methods and Test Suites for regression and functional testing using the TestNG annotations like Groups, Parameter, Data Provider and Listeners.
- Expertise in implementing Maven as a build management tool to manage the required dependencies, plug-ins and for uniform build system. Experience working with logging frameworks such as Log4j and Extent loggers to capture the flow details of the test cases.
- Expertise in using Apache POI for data driven frameworks, to load data into required test scripts from external sources like excel sheets. Performed mobile testing using Appium on real and virtual devices and knowledge in Perfecto which is a cloud based mobile testing.
- Performed Continuous Integration of code and scripts using Jenkins and triggered the Continuous Delivery process using Jenkins build jobs. Performed User Acceptance testing (UAT) using Gherkin language to write the acceptance criteria’s such as feature file, Scenarios, Scenario outline’s and performed the step definitions and runner classes using Cucumber.
- Maintained Selenium& JAVA automation code and resource in source controls SVN/Git over the time for improvements and to add new features.
- Involved in the Design and implementation of different Automation frameworks such as Keyword Driven Framework, Data Driven Framework and Page Object Model (POM) for various projects.
- Experience in finding web elements using locators like CSSLOCATOR, XPATH, ID, NAME, CLASSNAME, LINKEDTEXT, PARTIALLINK TEXT AND TAGNAME. Experience in handling different methods of Select class for selecting and deselecting, for dropdown web element.
- Experience in Selenium synchronizations with conditional (Implicit, Explicit, Fluent) wait statements.
- Implemented Action class in selenium to handle mouse and keyboard actions.
- Experience in testing and handling different frames (frames, iframes) of a HTML page with having different DOM's for every iframe. Experience with Jenkins.
- Experience in handling Pop-ups with Selenium using Alert methods.
- Experience in handling multiple windows in selenium using getwindowhandles method.
- Experience with Cross-Browser to test whether the web applications are working as desired in different browsers and environments.
- Expertise in documenting defects with high level of detail, accuracy and informative recreation steps using HP ALM/Quality Center, JIRA and BugZilla.
- Experienced various types of AUT (Application under Test) such as Automation testing, Manual testing, Integration testing, System testing, Smoke testing, Regression testing, Performance testing and Functional testing.
- Experience using various TestNG Annotations like BeforeSuite, AfterSuite, AfterMethod, AfterTest and configured Parallel Processing using TestNG xml; good knowledge in generating Extent Reports.
- Experienced with Soap and Restful web services testing using SOAPUI tool. Knowledge of XML, WSDL, XPATH, Groovy scripting. Experience with Service Oriented Architecture using SoapUI Pro tool to test web services.
- Tested the API’s as well as validated the data returned through web services responses using Assertions such as Valid HTTP Status Codes, Script Assertions, Contains, XPath, XQuery.
- Experienced writing and executing CRUD SQL statements. Database Testing using SQL Queries with multiple Databases Oracle, DB2, SQL Server and MySQL and performed Database testing including data integrity and data validation testing. Expert in developing complex SQL Queries, with various kinds of joins.
- Knowledge in Mobile Application testing using Appium. Experience working on Android and IOS platforms using Appium tool on real and virtual devices.
Test Approaches: Waterfall, Agile/Scrum, SDLC, STLC, Bug life Cycle
Testing Tools: Selenium Web, Selenium IDE/RC, Appium, Perfecto, Selenium, Ranorex, Jenkins.
Frameworks: Page Object Model, Keyword Driven, Data Driven, Hybrid Driven, Cucumber, TestNG, Junit, log4j
Artifacts: Test Plan, Test Case, RTM, Test Summary Report, Bug report, User Stories, Backlogs
Build and CICD tools: Jenkins, Maven
API testing: REST, SOAP, POSTMAN
Programming Languages: Java, C#, C, C++
Operating System: Windows XP/Vista/7/8/10, Unix, Linux, IOS
Databases/Database tools: SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, DB2, SQL, TOAD
Defect Tracking Tools: HP ALM/Quality Center, JIRA, Bugzilla
Markup Languages: HTML, XML, XPath, CSS
MS Office Tools: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Access
Other Utilities: Eclipse, PL/SQL, GIT/SVN, Sauce Labs
Types of testing: Manual Testing, UI Testing, Integration Testing, Regression Testing, Black Box Testing, Localization Testing and Ad-hoc testing.
WEB GUI automated testing: Selenium WebDriver, POM; BDD framework
Key Terms: QA, Automation, automated testing, Functional Testing, Test Plan, Test Case, UNIX, Tester, Automated Testing, Quality Assurance, Test Script, SQL, Backend Validation, Web, Java, black box, white box, gray box testing, functional testing, manual testing, defect tracking, Bugzilla
Confidential, Middletown, NJ
Sr.QA Automation Engineer/Mobile tester
- Involved in various meetings with Business analysts and developers for Confidential & Confidential online store project. Assessed & analyzed user stories, Business Requirements (BRD), Functional Requirements (FRD) and participated in Sprint planning, Review Sessions & Scrum Meetings.
- Conducted UI testing, Functional testing, Regression Testing and verified the results with expected results using Traceability Matrix. Involved in the usage of BDD framework with Cucumber Step Definition, Scenarios and Features for UAT testing.
- Implemented of ATDD technical practices (e.g. Automated testing, TDD, continuous integration) create a robust/reliable /repeatable automation test bed.
- Used ATDD (Acceptance Test Driven development) approach to write feature files using Gherkin format.
- Implemented Test driven development (ATDD and BDD) framework using cucumber tool with Gherkins Language.
- Served as coordinator for all testing activities during the project. Designed Test Suite, Test Cases, and Test Scenarios for functional modules.
- Implemented Page Object Model (POM) by creating objects for each page.
- Developed Test Scripts, Test Cases and Test Data as per business requirements and automated them using Selenium.
- Performed Cross browser compatibility testing on Chrome, Firefox, IE browsers using TestNG. Created automated test scripts using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Maven (for dependencies) and used Jenkins to execute these scripts periodically.
- Grouped test suites, test cases and test methods for regression and functional testing using TestNG Annotations like Groups, Parameter, Data Provider and Tags. Expertise in using various TestNG Annotations to set priorities to the test cases.
- Performed Selenium Synchronization using Explicit & Implicit waits.
- Executed test cases relating to mouse even using Actions class to perform required operations. Experience in handling pop-ups and alerts using selenium automation.
- Found hidden elements using XPath, CSS and window classes. Handled multiple iframes and framesets to switch between/navigate through and performed necessary actions on the web elements.
- Executed test cases and participated actively in System Testing, UAT and Regression Testing.
- Performed Smoke testing and Ad-hoc testing when required. Found Defects, prepared Defect Reports and Status Reports, performed Bug Triage, Defect tracking using JIRA.
- Analyzed bugs and involved in quality assurance reviews with the team to ensure bugs are reported and closed. Shared Daily Status Reports with all the team members, Team Leads, Managers and Clients.
- Logged and tracked to verify the resolutions of software and its specification defects. Performed testing on Web Services using WSDL and SOAPUI to check the communication between different services. Used appium to run regression tests on Confidential & Confidential mobile app.
- Executed parallel test cases on Android device and on various android emulators.
- Developed test plans and test cases for the mobile apps.
- Hands on experience in mobile application (IOS, Android, and Windows) testing such as functional testing, Compatibility testing, interface testing, operational testing, and Usability testing.
- Good experience in testing the native, hybrid, mobile web applications. Created test cases and performed Database testing to check whether the data is being migrated properly.
- Wrote SQL Queries to connect to the database and retrieve data for a specified set of test requirements.
Environment: Selenium WebDriver, AGILE, Appium, Cucumber, Java, Eclipse, TestNG, Maven, Jenkins, SQL, JIRA, SoapUI.
Confidential, Chicago, IL
Sr.QA Automation Engineer
- Analyzed the user requirements by Interacting with system architect, developers and business users.
- Suggested improvements in test process by gathering and analyzing data. Reviewed and analyzed Detail Designed Specification and Technical Specification documents.
- Analyzed the SRS (System Requirement Specifications), BRS (Business Requirement Specifications), and FRS (Functional Requirement Specifications) and developed Test Suites to cover the overall quality assurance testing.
- Involved in complete QA Life Cycles. Developed and maintained various test cases and test scripts using Hybrid Framework, which is a combination of the keyword driven and data driven.
- Used Selenium as the automation tool and RALLY as the defect management tool. Automated Database validations using open source API like Apache poi and used jxl and poi library for fetching the data from Excel
- Developed and enhanced various test scripts using selenium tool to handle the changes occurred in the web elements during the build releases.
- Ran multiple test scripts Confidential the same time against different machines, running different browsers and operating systems using Selenium WebDriver.
- Expertise in using TestNG tool to perform cross browser and parallel testing. Utilized various TestNG annotations to group test classes, methods, suites; to pass parameters, and to generate reports containing test results using listener’s annotation.
- Handled various operations like pop-ups, Web-Alerts, Java-Alerts, windows-handling and utilized Select class and Action class for required operations.
- Developed customized XPath and CSS path locaters to find the address of web-elements and also utilized other locators like ID, Name, ClassName, Linked text and Partial linked text.
- Used in Maven and performed different operations on POM.xml file to gather required dependencies and plugins to run numerous test scripts.
- Configured Jenkins to perform required tasks by specifying path of version control and hardcoding the operations to be performed on it.
- Used various SOAPUI actions to perform SOAP and REST services to get information either from third parties/internally and tested the results using assertions.
- Used different modules in RALLY to report and track the defects, and communicated issues with the developers for a better solution.
Environment: Selenium WebDriver, AGILE, Java, Eclipse, TestNG, Maven, Jenkins, Microsoft Office Excel, SQL, GitHub, RALLY, SoapUI.
Confidential, Jersey City, New Jersey
- Reviewed design documents & business requirements to learn the function and scope of the application.
- Involved in Development of the Test Cases and Test Scripts using Hybrid Framework.
- Validate EDI Claim Process according to HIPPA compliance. Test HIPPA regulations in Facets HIPPA privacy module.
- Performed integration and functional testing for different applications.
- Developed automated test cases for all manual test cases provided. Implemented automation using Selenium Web Driver, JAVA, TestNG and Maven.
- Performed Java coding extensively for POM framework and Keyword Driven Framework by using TestNG framework along with Selenium, Maven.
- Performed various Cross Browser and parallel testing on different Platforms using Selenium Grid. Executed test cases using TestNG parameters, data providers, groups and parallel test suites.
- Proficient in Using Apache POI to drive data from excel files to run test cases.
- Performed continues integration on test cases periodically using Jenkins and configured to email reports during a build failure.
- Managed testing process, scheduled batch tests, logged and tracked defects using JIRA.
- Developed SQL queries to test the data after executing transactions like upload processing and check Processing in batches.
- Expertise in POM.xml to get required dependencies from central repository, added plugins ran scripts using pom.xml file, grouped test suites by assigning profile IDs.
- Used SQL and Crystal Reports for querying underlying database tables. Created PowerPoint presentations and project updates for management review.
Environment: Selenium Web driver, Selenium Grid, Microsoft Office Excel, JIRA, Eclipse, Java, Jenkins, TestNG, Apache POI.
- Understanding the Business requirements, Application and function specifications, Design documents.
- Involved designing and developing of templates for the Test Plans and Test cases. Involved in Preparation of Test Scenarios and review of Test Cases. Involved in updating and executing test cases according to requirements.
- Identified the Test Cases and documented them in Quality Center. Performed GUI, Functional, Negative, Positive, Regression and User Acceptance Testing. Prepared various reports based on different stages of Testing.
- Updated Reports and dashboards to display the status of test coverage including the number of test cases passing, failing or pending. Expertise in using TestNG tool to perform cross browser and parallel testing.
- Involved in Managerial Meetings and attended various conference calls Confidential different levels from QA, Developers and Clients.
- Interacted with developers, users and various members of the team to discuss issues, resolve defects and set priorities.
- Developed test harnesses and automated tests in Selenium.
- Performed Data Driven Tests to validate the same scenario with different test data using Selenium.
- Optimized and maintained existing test scripts, developed new automation framework via Selenium.
- Analyzed formal test results in order to discover and report any bugs, errors, configuration issues, and cross-browser interoperability flaws.
- Generated defect reports using QC for issues found during testing, and provided accurate testing status.
- Follow up with Development team on defect resolution. Updating daily status to Release Manager which includes issues, action items, defect status etc.
Environment: Selenium Web driver, Selenium RC, Microsoft Office Excel, QC, Eclipse, Java, TestNG.
- Configured application flow, controlling logic and navigation. Designed and developed base classes, framework classes and common re-usable components.
- Involved in re-factoring the existing components to meet the current application requirements.
- Used various Java and J2EE APIs including JDBC, XML, Servlets, JSP, and JavaBeans, Spring Framework.
- Involved in Performance tuning, debugging issues in testing and deployment phases.
- Implemented RDBMS to add the additional condition for the system to support a tabular structure for the data with enforced relationships between the tables.
- Utilized SQL for querying the database. Coordinated on-site and offshore development teams in various phases of the project.
- Participated in all the phases of SDLC including Requirements Collection, Design & Analysis of the Customer Specifications, Development and Customization of the application.
- Developed high level design documents, Use case documents, detailed design documents and Unit Test Plan documents and created Use Cases, Class Diagrams and Sequence Diagrams using UML.Implemented the application using the concrete principles laid down by several Java/J2EE Design patterns.
- Configured Web Application Context as a Context Listener in the web.xml file to Integrating Spring with JSF.
- Implemented ORM in the persistence layer using Hibernate frame work in conjunction with Spring Aspect Oriented Programming (AOP) functionality. Involved in performance tuning of the application to meet non-functional requirements.
Environment: Java, J2EE, JSP, Servlets, EJB, XML, HTML, JDBC, SQL, Eclipse, spring, Hibernate, RDBMS, Windows, Bugzilla.