- Around 10 years of experience in creating innovative Quality Assurance and Business Analysis of solutions with expertise in Banking, Healthcare, Inventory applications using manual testing procedures & test automated tool.
- Strong knowledge of System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC) in Requirements gathering, Analysis, Design, Development, Implementation and Testing Methods like Waterfall, RUP & Agile.
- Extensive knowledge on writing automation using Selenium, C#, Java and QTP for web applications developed using latest .NET and Java technologies
- Experience in writing web application performance scripts using Selenium C#.Net and JAVA.
- Experienced in different types of testing like Black box testing, white box testing, functional, GUI testing, Systems testing, regression, integration, UAT and performance testing.
- Expertise in reviewing requirements, Business requirements gathering, translating requirements into specifications and application design.
- Experienced in documenting Test Plan, Test Objectives, Test Strategies, Test Scripts and Test Cases.
- Experience with structured AGILE SCRUM methodology and QA Process to ensure the Quality Assurance Control.
- Exported requirement, test cases into the Quality Center, run manual and automation test cases from test lab and log defects from defects module.
- Development of test plan, test case and test scripts in Quality Center after for functional, system integration (SIT), Usability, security testing.
- Good experience in working with migration projects
- Experienced with different RDBMS such as MS SQL Server 2005/2008.
- Excellent proficiency in executing SQL queries against databases like Oracle and MS SQL Server to perform backend testing/Data Integrity testing.
- Expertise in problem solving, bug reporting, maintaining and using Bug Tracking Tools like Jira and Bugzilla and Clear Quest.
- Extensive use of HP Quality Center as Test Management tool as well as defect tracking tool and also IBM Clear Quest for change management/defect tracking.
- Expertise in Black Box, Sanity/Smoke, Integration, Regression, System and Functional Testing.
- Strong experience in Quality Assurance of multi - tier systems, Client/server systems and Web Applications/Sites including testing large enterprise software applications.
- Excellent team player with strong written, communication, interpersonal and analytical skills.
Testing Tools: QTP, QC, Load Runner, Selenium
Operating Systems: Windows.
Database: Oracle 9i/10g/11g, SQL Server 2005/2008.
GUI Tools: Visual Basic 5.0/6.0. .Net, Java.
Browsers: IE, Firefox, Chrome, Safari.
Bug Tracking: HP Quality Center, Rally Dev, TFS and JIRA.
Confidential, Ann Arbor, MI
Sr. Quality Assurance Analyst
- Involved in analyzing system design specifications and developed Test Plans, Test Scenarios and Test Cases to cover overall quality assurance testing.
- Performed both manual and automation testing and created various test results to track the testing results.
- Developed automation scripts in Selenium using C#.NET to automate smoke and regression testing.
- Extensively involved in measuring the performance load using the C# Selenium for web application testing
- Exported requirement, test cases into the HP Quality Center, run manual and automation test cases from test lab and log defects from defects module.
- Followed up with standard software testing life cycle (STLC) to perform different types of testing for the projects.
- Development of test plan, test case and test scripts in HP Quality Center after for functional, system integration (SIT), Usability, security testing.
- Designed and implemented automated testing tools and programs addressing areas including database impacts, software scenarios, regression testing, negative testing, error/bug retests and usability.
- Successfully Completed User Acceptance Testing (UAT) on each release of the project with the help of end user requirements.
- Responsible in running Unix Shell Scripts for different server process
- Interacted with developers to report software bugs in HP Quality Center 10.0 AND Jira.
- Common approach for cross platform and cross browser testing.
- Responsible for GUI and Functional Testing, using Black box Testing Techniques.
- Generated reports using SQL Server Reporting Services and Report Builder. Also developed stored procedures to populate the reports.
- Involved in testing data migration from traditional database to Legacy Systems.
- Conditional testing of constraints based on the business rules & Create and execute Unix/SQL scripts to help in test validation
- Conducted DB testing using SQL queries to know the table data and column verifications
- Build and manage the overall test process, according to the Agile Scrum methodology
- Enhanced the scripts in Selenium and C#.NET by applying checkpoints, parameterizations, synchronization point, data driven tests.
- Independently develop Load Runner test scripts according to test specifications/ requirements.
- Track defects and documented them in Rational Clear Quest.
- Participated to create Test Analysis reports (TAR) and stored them into the HP Quality Center.
- Updated RTM daily, send status report and daily tracking report to test manager.
- Performed Functional Testing using HP Quality Center.
Environment: Selenium, C#.NET, HP Quality Center 11.5, QTP11.5, Web Services/Web methods, Load Runner11.5, XML, HTML, Oracle, SQL, TOAD, JIRA, Windows 2003/2007.
Confidential, Herndon, VA
Sr. Quality Assurance Analyst
- Worked closely with development teams and project management throughout the development lifecycle to improve the quality.
- Develop and maintain Test plan, Test data, Test condition and Test Case preparation, System test execution and defect reporting.
- Performed Regression, System, Integration, Functional Testing, Database Testing and Random Testing for different modules.
- Implemented Agile Methodology and actively participated in SCRUM meetings daily
- Developed SQL queries to perform Database Testing including joins.
- Involved in System, Integration and Functional testing.
- Worked on Migrating and upgrading from any version of Test Director to Quality Center .
- Experience working with cutting edge web technologies, reporting (Jira, Quality Center) and automated testing tools such as QTP, Selenium, and Load Runner.
- Responsible for preparing weekly and monthly status reports.
- Coordinated with the team and defined and implemented Test Automation Frame Work.
- Conducted Integration, Data Driven, Regression and System testing on various versions.
- Defined automated test scripts using QTP, Selenium and maintained in the Quality Center.
- Designed database to maintain test data for test scripts in Oracle. Integrated test scripts with test data in the database.
- Run all test scripts for each test cycle and analyzed results. Each test result is stored in the Quality Center in a separate Run.
- Explored and Evaluated Visual Studio 2010, for Bug Reporting, Tracking.
- Expertise in defect tracking and reporting.
Environment: .Net, C#, Windows 2003, Oracle, QTP, Quality Center, Selenium, Load Runner, SQL, JIRA, UNIX, Visual Studio 2010, Manual Testing.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
Quality Assurance Analyst
- Responsible for creating test plan, test schedule, test cases and test execution.
- Responsible for test case review and created best practices for writing test cases, how to make existing test cases reusable to optimize resource time to be more productive.
- Performed GUI testing to test various features of applications.
- Developed automation scripts using QTP.
- Excellent experience managing the whole testing process using Mercury Interactive Test Management tool Mercury Quality Center.
- Developed Test Cases and scripts for Security Testing, which involves testing the system from, unauthorized use and unauthorized data access.
- Worked closely with Developers to isolate, track, and troubleshoot defects and monitored defects until resolved.
- Used Agile testing methodology for achieving deadlines in UAT.
- Involved in Configuration Testing.
- Performed Usability testing manually.
- Used Quality Center 8.2 as a central repository for all the test activity.
- Handled customized objects using Object identification in QTP 8.2
- Created Shared Repository in QTP 8.2 for objects reusability.
- Worked with UNIX shell scripts
- Analyzed results and reported the bottlenecks for various scenarios.
- Executed SQL Queries to perform backend testing.
- Interacted with developers regarding priority of bugs and update the status of bugs once they are fixed.
- Responsible for coordinating testing activities for releases.
Environment: QTP 8.2, Quality Center 8.2, SQL Server 2005, N-Tier, RUP methodology, Windows XP.
Quality Assurance Analyst (Manual and Automation)
- Reviewed the Business and System requirements. Attended team meetings and walkthroughs for review and resolution of Business and System requirements.
- Documented Test Plan, Test Cases, Test Procedures and Test Results.
- Downloaded Test Data from main server to test server.
- Tested the performance of the modules Online Bill payment.
- Extensively involved in performing Black Box Testing, Integration Testing, Sanity Testing, System Testing, End-to End and User Acceptance Testing.
- Tested the GUI & UAT of the application.
- Used Test Director to log, monitor and update defects found during testing.
- Tested Business Components, Screens to improve the functionality as per the business requirements.
- Participated in Regression Testing for each build/release.
- Performed Positive Testing both manually and automatically.
- Experience in installing and setting up test machines, which includes installing operating systems and other software applications, related to the testing environment.
- Developed Test Cases and scripts for Functionality and Recovery Testing.
- Involved as part of automation team using QTP developed test scripts.
- Conducted Data Driven testing using parameterization in QTP to test the application with different set of data.
- Helped QA group to analyze the progress of defects repairs by generating reports and graphs.
Environment: QTP 8.2, Load Runner, Test Director, Windows NT, ASP.Net, C#, HTML and SQL Server 2000.