- A highly competent and results oriented Senior Software Test Automation Engineer with more than 6 years’ experience in Software Testing, API Testing, BDD using Cucumber, Selenium Automation, Development, JAVA web projects Team Management & training.
- Proven Client facing ability in conducting test review meetings, automation testing of Client Server and Web applications in various domains like Health Care, Banking and E - commerce
- Expertise in Information Technology with expertise in Software Quality Assurance & Software Test Automation in Web and Client/Server Applications.
- Well versed in working knowledge of Core Java and Object Oriented Concepts (Inheritance, Polymorphism, Exception Handling, Multi-Threading and Collections)
- Expertise in Java and OOPS concepts required for Selenium frameworks.
- Experience in working with open source tools such as Selenium WebDriver, Jenkins, Maven, TestNG, JIRA and Eclipse - both Windows and Mac OS
- Expertise in API testing using Java programming languages; REST and SOAP API testing (using Postman browser add-on) and SoapUI
- Conversant in developing Test Scenarios, Test Cases, Test Data, Test Procedures, Test Reports and documenting in both Manual and Automation Testing
- Experience in Black Box and White Box Testing, GUI Testing, Regression Testing, Website Testing and Ad-Hoc Skills.
- Good Experience in Web Services testing using Web Services Definition Language (WSDL), SOAP, XML .
- Providing required input data to request XML & get the required data from response XML & use the response data from another request XML using SOAPUI.
- Decent skills on Web services Manual Testing using PostMan.
- Working knowledge on Web services Automation Testing using Groovy Script in SOAP UI.
- Identified GUI elements and perfect with different Selenium locators like ID, Link Text, Name, Partial Link Text, XPath , DOM and CSS to create the scripts of Automation.
- Experience working with Automation Frameworks in maintaining Record, Playback, Keyword Driven, Data Driven, Hybrid driven and Page Object Models.
- Expertise in Grouping of Test Cases, Test Methods and Test Suites for regression and functional testing using the TestNG annotations like Groups, Parameter and Data Provider.
- Highly experienced in performing Cross-Browser Testing using TestNG integrated with Selenium.
- Implemented Cross-Browser Testing on different platforms using Selenium Grid.
- Well acquainted with Synchronization Techniques like Implicit Wait , Explicit Wait and Fluent wait.
- Used different Web Debugging tools such as Firebug and FirePath for locating.
- Ability to read an excel file using Apache POI (Page Object Index), and access the data from database using JDBC
- Hands on knowledge on Log4j to debug the defects which had effect on the Test Script.
- Good exposure in using of Quick Test Professional (QTP) Integrated Environment (Step Generator, Synchronization, Actions, Recovery Scenarios and Methods)
- Hands on knowledge on Test Driven Development (TDD), Behavior Driven Development (BDD) and ATDD (Acceptance Test Driven Data) using Cucumber.
- Effectively involved in Defects logging, tracking and managing Defect Life Cycles using HP Quality Centre , JIRA and Rally , Bugzilla and ALM.
- Worked on databases such as Oracle , MS SQL Server, MySQL .
- Experience with Code Version Control systems like GIT, SVN.
- Extensively used Test Director & Quality Center to write Test Cases and for reporting. All the Scripts are maintained using Test Director & HP Quality Center .
- Extensively uploaded test cases from MS Excel, MS Word to Test Director & HP Quality Center.
- Experienced in Bug Tracking System and Process .
- Versatile team player with good communication and problem solving skills with all management levels
- High proficiency in Scheduling, Managing resources and activities in QA Teams
- A good team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Methodologies: Waterfall, Agile/Scrum, SDLC, STLC
MS Office Tools: MS Outlook, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Access, Microsoft Project, MS One Note.
Programming Languages: HTML, C, Java, Java Script, XML, CSS, Gherkin, JCL, COBOL
Databases: MySQL, Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, DB2
Frameworks: Keyword Driven, Data Driven, Modular, Hybrid, Page Object Model (POM)
Testing Tools: Selenium IDE, Selenium RC, Web Driver, Selenium Grid, TestNG, JUnit, Auto IT, Cucumber, QC, APPIUM, PostMan, Ready API, SOAP UI, Perfecto Mobile, QTP, IBM - Rational Functional Testing
Test Build & Integration Tools: Maven, Jenkins, GitHub, SVC
Browsers: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari, Opera
Operating Systems: Windows 7,8, 10, Ubuntu, Linux
Defect Tools: JIRA, HP Quality Center/ALM, Rally, Bugzilla
Tools: Eclipse IDE, Visual Studio, Putty, Confluence, Lucid Charts, PEGA PRPC - 7.1.5, 7.2.2, IBM Sterling Order Management Systems, IT Service Management tool (ITSM), HP Service Management tool (HPSM)
Software Development Engineer in Test
- Thoroughly analyzed business specifications.
- Implemented Standardized and Unified process throughout the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Experience on Requirement Analysis, Design, Implementation of Agile Methodologies.
- Creating Rule sets like Properties and Activities for the concerned classes.
- Creating User Interfaces through Harness and Section rules.
- Designing Flows and Flow Actions for proper execution of the work object.
- Implementing and sending correspondence to different parties using Notify shape and Activities.
- Created Report Definition for reporting purposes in the process commander.
- Actively participated in all the phases of the Testing Life cycle - STLC (Planning, Designing, Development and Reporting and Results).
- Extensively used SQL to retrieve data from the databases by writing views triggers etc.
- Used Complex SQL queries using joins and sub-queries to test the reports generated by the different modules as a part of back-end testing.
- Designed, updated and reviewed the Test Cases.
- Developed and maintained the test scripts, test data and test cases. Involved with other team members to set up testing tools, implementation and other testing environments.
- Performed both Manual and Automation testing.
- Performed various types of testing, such as functional, regression, user acceptance testing manually.
- Created the test scripts for both positive and negative testing.
- Involved in Functional, Integration, Regression and End-to-End testing of the application against user requirements.
- Performed manual testing of each build and then regression testing on each builds using Selenium WebDriver.
- Performed UI testing and front end testing using Selenium.
- Experienced in open-source automation tools (Selenium), developing and running automation test scripts using Selenium WebDriver with Python/ Java.
- Worked on Cross Browser testing through Selenium WebDriver by testing the website on different browsers like Chrome, IE and Firefox.
- Defect Identification and created defect tracking reports till the close of the defect.
- Attended various Functional Walkthroughs and writing high level testing scenarios.
- Conducted Load and Performance testing using JMeter
- Managed and executed the test process, using Agile Methodology - Scrum Based approach.
- Conducted Web Services testing using Ready API.
- Bug reporting and tracking by using Jira
- Involved in designing, creating, and maintaining framework for web based applications leveraging object oriented language Java with Selenium (API), Page Object Model (POM), Hybrid driven (Data driven + Keyword driven) framework.
- Created Automation Test scenarios using Java TestNG, Selenium WebDriver and used Maven Build tool to run the automation.
- Used Firebug Tool to identify the Object's id, Name, Xpath, link in the application.
Environment: Agile, Windows, Selenium Web Driver, TestNG, Selenium Grid, Apache POI, SQL, IE, Firefox, Firebug, MS-office, JIRA, Confluence, Windows 7, Eclipse, MySQL, Ready API, JMeter.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
QA Automation Test Engineer
- Search API is the core of Homedepot.com site and it is the backbone of all Search End points.
- Involved in testing new semantic search algorithms to understand the context and intent of a user query to provide more precise and relevant recommendations and enable faceted search.
- Creating Automation scripts for the functional user stories and regression suite& responsible for daily Automation runs, failure analysis and reporting.
- Performed cross browser functional testing using Selenium WebDriver.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using Ant and Maven as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments and created new jobs and branches through Jenkins Worked on distributed test automation execution on different environment as part of Continuous Integration Process using Selenium Grid and Jenkins.
- Configured GIT with Jenkins and schedule jobs using Poll SCM option Created Test cases, Test suites using Cucumber-JVM, Selenium web driver.
- Used Jackson library for converting JSON to JAVA Object and JAVA Object to JSON using Object Mapper Consumed Home Depot and proprietary vendor API's to extract test data.
- Automating scenarios by writing Java glue code for Cucumber-JVM.
- Performed automation of test cases for Regression and functional End-to-End Testing using In-House Java Framework on top of Selenium.
- Used Junit to run Cucumber feature and scenarios and generating report on daily basis.
- Used automated scripts and performed functionality testing during the various phases of the application development using In-house Selenium framework.
- Involved in execution of testing Back End Search Engines, Managing features and scenarios, selecting test scenarios to run using Cucumber Tags Testing Restful web services and involved in core component layers xml validation, and service layer.
- Used IT Service Management (ITSM) and HP Service Management (HPSM) For handling incidents, service requests, alerts and escalations
Environment: JSON, Selenium WebDriver, JUnit, TestNG, Maven, ANT, Jenkins, Eclipse, JIRA, Confluence, Cucumber-JVM, ITSM, HPSM.
Confidential, Jacksonville, FL
QA Test Engineer
- Performed automation using Selenium, Junit and Java technologies (Eclipse IDE)
- Created automation framework for complex scenarios and performed Functional and Regression testing for various releases using Selenium 1.0(RC), Junit, and Java
- Set up Selenium tools from scratch and configured various other peripherals tools to perform Selenium automation testing.
- Implemented cross browser and cross platform testing of web application with SeleniumRC
- Used Junit testing Framework as a test runner with Selenium
- Actively Participated in requirement gathering from end Users, Responsible for writing functional Specifications and design documents.
- Involved in creation of Test plan and responsible for creating Test cases from the functional Requirements
- Worked with the team to increase the test coverage and created detailed QA and UAT cases to validate the quality of the application.
- Tested the various Service Oriented Architectures (SOA) spanning across various web services using SOAP and WSDL across various applications using SOAP UI.
- Installed, configured SOAP UI to test web services using WSDL file given by Development team.
- Performed functional testing of SOAP & RESTful Web Services using SOAPUI Tool Used Java/Junit to run Cucumber feature and scenarios and generating report daily basis.
- Performed RESTful web services and API testing in SOAPUI Pro and validated responses with assertions.
- Developed Groovy scripts to test Report application output and to customize test.
- Worked with Developers to ensure testing issues are Resolved.
- Used best practices to create and execute extensible tests.
- Used WINSCP tool for managing the test related files
- Extensively worked on SQL Queries to test the database integrity.
- Connected to database using Putty to execute SQL queries
- Created Test Data using SQL for testing some special cases.
Environment: SeleniumRC, Junit, Java, SQL, Windows, Putty, WinSCP, MS-Excel, MS-Office, Agile, Eclipse IDE, Oracle, SOAPUI, RESTful Web Services.