- More than 12 years of comprehensive experience in the design and implementation of large network solutions with a focus on Cisco based networks.
- Extensive experience with LAN/WAN/Security components of large Cisco - centric networks.
- Installation and Maintenance of Datacenter equipments
- Experienced in Network Architecture, Engineering and Migration Services.
- In-depth experience in configuring/ implementing Cisco routers (3800, 7600 Series), Cisco Switches (2900,6500,4500 Series),
- Experience in controller based Wireless Network and Autonomous accesspoints.
- Experienced in Nexus 2k,5k,7k,9k
- Proficient in various routing protocols including - EIGRP,OSPF, BGP
- Proficient in LAN switching technologies including - VLAN, VTP, STP, Etherchannel
- Experienced in High Availability concepts HSRP, VRRP and VSS technology .
- Flexible and versatile to adapt to any new environment and work on any project.
- Configuration of SNMP tools.
- Experienced with Load balancing techniques using f5.
Sr. Network Test Engineer, Chatsworth, CA
- Setup and Validate routing and switching network products
- Review technical specs for existing and new products
- Write Test Plan to validate the new and existing features for the product under test
- Execute the test cases and document the results
- Create bugs based on test results
- Follow with the Development Engineer for proper bug resolutions
- Provide feedback to hardware and software engineers
- Expertise in using test equipment
- Investigate and reproduce customer issues
Skills: OSPF, BGP, GMPLS-TE, LMP, RSVP, STP, LACP, AAA/TACACS, DHCP, SNMP, FTP, TFTP, SCP, NTP, OTN, DWDM
Network Design Engineer, Thousand Oaks, CA
- Provide Network Management and Support for Confidential & Confidential ’s client ( Confidential Inc)
- Install and Manage Cisco Nexus 2k,5k and 7k.
- Install and Manage Cisco 6500,4500 Series and 3750 series switches
- Install and Manage Cisco 3800,3900 and 7600 series Routers.
- Install and Manage Juniper/netscreen screen OS Firewalls (ISG2000,SSG550)
- Install and Manage Cisco Stand alone Wireless LAN controllers (WLC) and Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series Wireless Services Module (WiSM)
- Installation of Autonomous and controller based access points
- Install and Manage f5 BIG IP load balancers
- Install and Manage Infoblox DNS appliances
- 24/7 On- Call support for the client
- Responsible to complete the Client request as per SLA
- Responsible to handle the incident tickets
- Updating diagrams in Netviz
- Importing network diagrams from Netbrain
- Involved in the core refresh project
- Installation of Riverbed Interceptors and Steelheads
- IP traffic Management using Netscout,VitalNet
- Deploying and Managing switches as VSS and HSRP
- Defining and implementing network security and network management policies. Interaction with end users to provide technical support.
Skills: OSPF, BGP, STP, LACP, HSRP, VSS, QOS, DHCP, DNS, MPLS, IPSEC, SSL, 802.11 statndards.
Network Support Engineer, Burlington, VT
- Responsible for the Migration of IPSEC VPN Tunnels from Nortel to Cisco ASA 5520
- Responsible for the support of IPSEC VPN tunnels
- Familiar with Various VPN routers like (Netgear, Sonic Wall, Juniper Netscreen)
- Responsible for analyzing TCP/IP traffic using Wireshark
- Responsible for Pre-staging Cisco PIX 505 and shipping it to client
- Evaluate potential network enhancements
- Responsible to create and handle trouble tickets.
- Responsible for configuring Cisco 6500 and 3750 switches
- Responsible for configuring load Balancing between Servers using F5 Big IP
- Responsible for Documenting the diagram using Microsoft Visio
- Responsible for Building a bare metal box
- Responsible for SNMP configurations using Nagios
- Responsible for the communication with the client to create the end to end VPN Tunnel by deciding the IP allocation for routing
Skills: OSPF, BGP, STP, IPSEC, Wireshark, SNMP
Network QA, San Jose, CA
- Responsible for Planning, developing and Implementing test plans for Packet Tracer (Packet Tracer is a flexible piece of software which is helpful for CCNA studies.
- This software would help students to construct their own model or virtual networks)
- Responsible for analyzing new product requirements, writing test plans,
- Executing and automating test cases and documenting results.
- Responsible for testing routing protocols such as RIP, EIGRP, OSPF
- Responsible for testing STP, DHCP, DNS, NAT, ACLs, IPV4
- Responsible for Analyzing TCP/IP Traffic using inbuilt Packet sniffer
- Responsible for testing the User Interface
- Experienced in Squish which is an Automation test tool.
- Strong scripting skill in Python.
- Proficient in Integrating Eclipse(Python scripting software) with Squish
- Experience in creating help files for the Packet Tracer software which involves
- Creating captions for the tutorials created with swf files.
- Responsible for tracking bugs from bugzilla and coordinating with the
- Development team on the same.
- Experienced in VM Ware applications for test automation
- Testing in different Platforms(Windows 2000/XP/Vista, Linux)
Skills: Python, EIGRP,OSPF, BGP, STP, IPSEC, Wireshark, SNMP, DHCP, DNS
- Manage a Team size of 12 support engineers
- Adhering to Client laid Metric’s and Processes. (SLA)
- Defining and Leading the Bridge Goals as per Client Targets.
- Service Level Adherence
- Create and document all actions, practices, procedures and processes.
- Collecting reports from Beta testers and reporting it to the client
- Client as well as Internal Reporting (Scheduled and Un-Scheduled)
- Analyze existing network and system procedures for efficiency and effectiveness
- Responsible for following the trouble tickets raised by the team members.
- Need Analysis
- Handling issues escalated by front level technician
- Handling new hire
- Keep a constant correspondence with the clients on the technologies and performance.
- Attending Knowledge Sharing Session with the Client
- Responsible for handling calls for Confidential products
- Responsible for handling calls on Virus protection software like Norton, Symantec, McAfee
- Responsible for handling trouble tickets raised by Level 1 technicians
- Responsible for Level 2 Trouble shooting of Wired and wireless devices (802.11a, 802.11b, 802.11g, 802.11n)
- Collecting reports from Beta testers and reporting it to the client as well as Internal Reporting (Scheduled and Un-Scheduled)
- Responsible for Configuring and Troubleshooting Wired and wireless Print
- Responsible for supporting IPSEC VPN Tunnels
- Take escalations for the team and maintaining escalation reports. for new employees on technology and products.
- Setting up and maintenance of technology and products practice lab.
- Provide team with the vision of project objectives, motivate and inspire team members.
- Creative, risk taker, and constant performer. the team on the technical updates to provide the best support and ensure productivity.
- Involved in target driven work and team activity.
- Coming out with innovative ideas for the process improvement.
- Coordinating with the team members in their value added work.
- Maintain reports of the calls handled and callbacks.
- Responsible for creating a trouble ticket
- Responsible for handling calls for Confidential products
- Providing Wired and Wireless network solutions for customers
- Configuring wired routers, Wireless Access points
- Installation of Wired adapters (Ether fast adapters, Gigabit adapters),wireless adapters.
- Providing solutions for complex networks
- Configuration of Print servers, Wireless cameras
Skills: STP, IPSEC, Wireshark, SNMP, 802.11 standards, DHCP, DNS
- Configuring the Router to send SNMP notifications
- Carrying out the first level trouble shooting
- Preparing the Escalation Metrics for the escalation of downtime of the backbone links
- Escalating the issues through an Intranet tool known as Info desk( Call tracking system)
- Tracking the bugs in Info desk, reporting it to the Testing team and following it up with the same team
- Preparing and mailing the Change Management schedules to corporate customers
- Tracking Bugs in NMS, reporting it to the testing team and following it with the same team.
- Configuring every link in the beacon with appropriate threshold levels.