- A round 8 years of experience as a Manual Tester/ Automation Tester/ Database Tester and SDET, in all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC). Extensively involved in Front - end and Back-end Testing (Web Services and Databases) with either Test Driven Development (TDD)/Acceptance Test Driven Development (ATDD) approach.
- Soundknowledge in Java, Selenium, Cucumber, TestNG, Maven/ANT, SoapUI and Jenkins/Bamboo. Worked in various domains such as Ecommerce, Banking, Financial services and Healthcare.
- Expertise in Automation tools such as Selenium WebDriver, Selenium IDE/RC, Selenium Grid, Java, Jenkins (continuous integration, Regression tests), Maven (Regression tests), Eclipse, Cucumber, TestNG (Regression tests) and JUnit.
- Have good hands on experience on java concepts like Exception Handling, Files, Multi-Threading, OOPS Concepts Collection Framework and Maps
- Have good hands experience on Java Script and NodeJS concepts like Closures, Promises, Chai Asserts, Call Back Functions
- Experience working in an environment of manual testing including Interface testing experience with third party vendors, smoke testing, functional, COTS-Commercial Off the shelf application experience, EDI, end to end and User Acceptance Testing.
- Experience with Purchasing/Receiving, Inventory, POS, Financial Reporting, EDI 3rd party vendor interface integration.
- Expert in all D’s (BDD, ATDD, TDD, OOAD). Experience in working with Selenium Grid/ Sauce labs to specialize on running multiple tests across different browsers, operating systems, and machines in parallel.
- Expertise in Grouping of Test Cases, Test Methods and Test Suites for regression and functional testing using the TestNG annotations like Groups, Parameter, Data Provider and Listeners.
- Expertise in implementing Maven as a build management tool to manage the required dependencies, plug-ins and for uniform build system. Experience working with logging frameworks such as Log4j and Extent loggers to capture the flow details of the test cases.
- Expertise in using Apache POI for data driven frameworks, to load data into required test scripts from external sources like excel sheets. Performed mobile testing using Appium on real and virtual devices
- Performed Continuous Integration of code and scripts using Jenkins and triggered the Continuous Delivery process using Jenkins build jobs. Performed User Acceptance testing (UAT) using Gherkin language to write the acceptance criteria’s such as feature file, Scenarios, Scenario outline’s and performed the step definitions and runner classes using Cucumber.
- Maintained Selenium& JAVA automation code and resource in source controls SVN/Git over the time for improvements and to add new features.
- Involved in the Design and implementation of different Automation frameworks such as Hybrid Framework (Keyword Driven Framework, Data Driven Framework) and Page Object Model (POM) for various projects.
- Expertise in writing Selenium WebDriver automation scripts in JAVA for highly transactional E-commerce websites.
- Experience in finding web elements using locators like CSS Selector, XPath, HTML id, name, ClassName, linked text, partial linked text and tag name. Experience in handling different methods of Select class for selecting and deselecting, for dropdown web element.
- Experience in Selenium synchronizations with conditional (Implicit, Explicit) unconditional wait statements.
- Implemented Action class in selenium to handle mouse and keyboard actions. Experience in testing and handling different frames (frames, iframes) of a HTML page with having different DOM's for every iframe.
- Experience with Jenkins tool for continuous integration and scheduling jobs in the tool.
- Experience in handling Pop-ups with Selenium using Alert methods. Experience in handling multiple windows in selenium using getwindowhandles method.
- Experience with Cross-Browser to test whether the web applications are working as desired in different browsers and environments.
- Expertise in documenting defects with high level of detail, accuracy and informative recreation steps using HP ALM/Quality Center, JIRA and Bugzilla.
- Experienced various types of AUT (Application under Test) such as Automation testing, Manual testing, Integration testing, System testing, Smoke testing, Regression testing, Performance testing and Functional testing.
- OPEN SOURCE TESTING TOOLS:
- Expertise in Selenium as automation tool, Selenium grid, Java, Maven as build management tool, Appium for mobile testing, Cucumber, Extent Reports for report generation.
- Used Apache POI to read data from external sources like Excel Spread Sheets to feed locators into the test script and also to configure the Test Framework.
- Experience using various TestNG Annotations like BeforeSuite, AfterSuite, AfterMethod, AfterTest, Before Groups, After Groups, Test and configured Parallel Processing using TestNG xml.
- Web Service Testing:
- Experienced with Soap and Restful web services testing using SOAPUI tool. Knowledge of XML, WSDL, XPATH, Groovy scripting. Experience with Service Oriented Architecture using SoapUI Pro tool to test web services.
- Automated Web services using groovy scripting, data sourcing and data source looping, driven required data from excel sheets into SoapUI to send requests and stored the data from responses into the respective excel sheets.
- Tested the API’s as well as validated the data returned through web services responses using Assertions such as Valid HTTP Status Codes, Script Assertions, Contains, Xpath, XQuery.
- Database Testing
- Experienced writing and executing CRUD SQL statements.
- Database Testing using SQL Queries with multiple Databases Oracle, DB2, SQL Server and MySQL and performed Database testing including data integrity and data validation testing.
- Expert in developing complex SQL Queries, with various kinds of joins.
- Mobile testing:
- Proficient with Android Framework API’s (Email, WebView, Google Maps, Telephony API, Camera, Contact Manager)
- Developed User Interface with features like camera integration and barcode Scanner
- Expertise in Mobile Application testing using Appium.
- Experience in using Fragments, Activity workflow, Action Bar Navigation, Menu designs and view controls and Loaders.
- Experience working on Android platforms using Appium tool on real and virtual devices.
- Generated reports using extent reports after testing mobile applications to analyze the pass percentages and failed cases.
Test Approaches: Waterfall, Agile/Scrum, SDLC, STLC, Bug life Cycle
Testing Tools: Selenium Web driver, Selenium IDE/RC, SOAPUI, Appium, Perfecto, JMeter, Selenium, Ranorex, SoapUI, Jenkins, Docker, Puppet, Robot
Frameworks: Page Object Model, Keyword Driven, Data Driven, Hybrid Driven, Cucumber, TestNG, Junit, log4j
Artifacts: Test Plan, Test Case, RTM, Test Summary Report, Bug report, User Stories, Backlogs
Test Build and Integration tools: Jenkins / Bamboo, Maven/Ant
API testing: REST, SOAP, SUPERTEST, SOAPUI, POSTMAN
Programming Languages: Java, C#, C, C++
Operating System: Windows XP/Vista/7/8/10, Unix, Linux, IOS
Databases/Database tools: SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, DB2, SQL, TOAD
Defect Tracking Tools: HP ALM/Quality Center, JIRA, Bugzilla, Rally
Markup Languages: HTML, XML, Xpath, CSS
MS Office Tools: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Access
Other Utilities: Eclipse, PL/SQL, GIT/SVN, Sauce Labs
Types of testing: Manual Testing, UI Testing, Integration Testing, Regression Testing, Black Box Testing, Localization Testing and Ad-hoc testing.
WEB GUI automated testing: Selenium, protractor, web driver, page object model (selenium)
Other Development skills: Angular/angular 2, Typescript, Html Node.js, Data factories, Jasmine/mocha, junit/TestNG, Jenkins, Ansible, Webpack.
Key Terms: QA, Automation, automated testing, load testing, LoadRunner, Load Runner, Functional Testing, Test Plan, Test Case, UNIX, Tester, Automated Testing, Quality Assurance, Test Script, SQL, Backend Validation, Web, Java, black box, white box, gray box testing, functional testing, manual testing, defect tracking, Bugzilla
Confidential, Boston, Massachusetts
QA Automation Engineer/SDET
- Working on Automation Testing Using Selenium Java, Strong java Development experience have strong hands on experience in Selenium.
- Develop test strategies, documents and execute test plans and quality assurance/control procedures.
- Working on test automation, test script creation and modification Strong testing / testing methodologies.
- Design and develop test cases according to the requirement and monitor or track project milestones and deliverables
- Perform risk assessments to develop response strategies and Initiate, review modifications to project plans
- Responsible for developing test plans, Traceability matrix/Test strategy and identifying test cases.
- Manage project test plan and automation execution to ensure adherence to schedule, and scope.
- Work within Agile teams and Development teams to perform functional, smoke testing as per calendar release.
- Understand, implement and maintain test automation scripts for the project and identify and resolve problems
- Develop and manage work breakdown structure of information technology projects.
- Submit project deliverables, ensuring adherence to quality standards.
- Prepare project status reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Establish and execute a project automation execution plan.
- Schedule and facilitate meetings related to information technology projects.
Confidential, East Brunswick, New Jersey
QA Automation Engineer/SDET
- Involved in various meetings with Business analysts and developers for this e-commerce website.
- Performed End to End testing of the application
- Assessed & analyzed user stories, Business Requirements (BRD), Functional Requirements (FRD) and participated in Sprint planning, Review Sessions & Scrum Meetings.
- Conducted UI testing, Functional testing, Regression Testing and verified the results with expected results using Traceability Matrix. Involved in the usage of BDD framework with Cucumber Step Definition, Scenarios and Features for UAT testing. Implementation of ATDD technical practices (e.g. Automated testing, TDD, continuous integration) create a robust/reliable /repeatable automation test bed.
- Used ATDD (Acceptance Test Driven development) approach to write feature files using Gherkin format. Implemented Test driven development (ATDD and BDD) framework using cucumber tool with Gherkins Language. Served as coordinator for all testing activities during the project. Designed Test Suite, Test Cases, and Test Scenarios for functional modules. Implemented Page Object Model (POM) by creating objects for each page.
- Extensively used Scenario outline(examples) and Data Table to get the data of addresses of various cities and states. Developed Test Scripts, Test Cases and Test Data as per business requirements and automated them using Selenium.
- Used Tags for Hooks class for the framework to work in both mobile and as web application performed Cross browser compatibility testing on Chrome, Firefox, IE browsers using TestNG. Created automated test scripts using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Maven (for dependencies) and used Jenkins to execute these scripts periodically. Expertise in grouping of test suites, test cases and test methods for regression and functional testing using TestNG Annotations like Groups, Parameter, Data Provider and Tags. Expertise in using various TestNG Annotations to set priorities to the test cases.
- Performed Mouse Over Automation using Actions class
- Performed Selenium Synchronization using Explicit & Implicit waits. Executed test cases relating to mouse even using Actions class to perform required operations. Experience in handling pop-ups and alerts using selenium automation.
- Found hidden elements using XPath, CSS and window classes. Handled multiple iframes and framesets to switch between/navigate through and performed necessary actions on the web elements.
- Extensively made use of Call Back (Request module), Closures, Promises
- Used Chai Asserts to validate the locators and Texts
- Executed test cases and participated actively in System Testing, UAT and Regression Testing.
- Performed Smoke testing and Ad-hoc testing when required. Found Defects, prepared Defect Reports and Status Reports, performed Bug Triage, Defect tracking using JIRA. Analyzed bugs and involved in quality assurance reviews with the team to ensure bugs are reported and closed. Shared Daily Status Reports with all the team members, Team Leads, Managers and Clients.
- Logged and tracked to verify the resolutions of software and its specification defects. Performed testing on Web Services using WSDL and SOAPUI to check the communication between different services. Used appium to run regression tests on mobile app.
- Executed parallel test cases on Android device and on various android emulators. Developed test plans and test cases for the mobile apps. Hands on experience in mobile application (IOS, Android, and Windows) testing such as functional testing, Compatibility testing, interface testing, operational testing, and Usability testing. Good experience in testing the native, hybrid, mobile web applications. Created test cases and performed Database testing to check whether the data is being migrated properly.
- Wrote SQL Queries to connect to the database and retrieve data for a specified set of test requirements.
Confidential, New Jersey
Sr.QA Automation Engineer
- Analyzed the user requirements by Interacting with system architect, developers and business users.
- Suggested improvements in test process by gathering and analyzing data. Reviewed and analyzed Detail Designed Specification and Technical Specification documents. Analyzed the SRS (System Requirement Specifications), BRS (Business Requirement Specifications), FRS (Functional Requirement Specifications) and developed Test Suites to cover the overall quality assurance testing.
- Involved in complete QA Life Cycles. Developed and maintained various test cases and test scripts using Hybrid Framework, which is a combination of the keyword driven and data driven.
- Used Selenium as the automation tool and RALLY as the defect management tool. Automated Database validations using open source API like Apache poi and used jxl and poi library for fetching the data from Excel
- Developed and enhanced various test scripts using selenium tool to handle the changes occurred in the web elements during the build releases. Expertise in running multiple test scripts at the same time against different machines, running different browsers and operating systems using Selenium WebDriver.
- Expertise in using TestNG tool to perform cross browser and parallel testing. Utilized various testNG annotations to group test classes, methods, suites; to pass parameters, and to generate reports containing test results using listener’s annotation.
- Handled various operations like pop-ups, Web-Alerts, Java-Alerts, windows-handling and utilized Select class and Action class for required operations. Developed customized Xpath and CSS path locaters to find the address of web-elements and also utilized other locators like ID, Name, ClassName, Linked text and Partial linked text.
- Expertise in Maven and performed different operations on POM.xml file to gather required dependencies and plugins to run numerous test scripts. Proficient in configuring Jenkins to perform required tasks by specifying path of version control and hardcoding the operations to be performed on it.
- Proficient in using various SOAPUI actions to perform SOAP and REST services to get information either from third parties/internally and tested the results using assertions.
- Used different modules in RALLY to report and track the defects, and communicated issues with the developers for a better solution.
Environment: Selenium WebDriver, AGILE, Java, Eclipse, TestNG, Maven, Jenkins, Microsoft Office Excel, SQL, GitHub, RALLY, SoapUI.
Confidential, Wilmington, DE
- Reviewed design documents & business requirements to learn the function and scope of the application. Involved in Development of the Test Cases and Test Scripts using Hybrid Framework. Validate EDI Claim Process according to HIPPA compliance. Test HIPPA regulations in Facets HIPPA privacy module.
- Performed integration and functional testing for different applications. Developed automated test cases for all manual test cases provided.
- Implemented automation using Selenium Web Driver, JAVA, TestNG and Maven.
- Performed Java coding extensively for POM framework and Keyword Driven Framework by using TestNG framework along with Selenium, Maven.
- Performed various Cross Browser and Parallel testing on different Platforms using Selenium Grid.
- Executed test cases using TestNG parameters, data providers, groups and parallel test suites.
- Proficient in Using Apache POI to drive data from excel files to run test cases.
- Performed continues integration on test cases periodically using Jenkins and configured to email reports during a build failure.
- Managed testing process, scheduled batch tests, logged and tracked defects using JIRA.
- Developed SQL queries to test the data after executing transactions like upload processing and check Processing in batches.
- Expertise in POM.xml to get required dependencies from central repository, added plugins, ran scripts using pom.xml file, grouped test suites by assigning profile id’s.
- Used SQL and Crystal Reports for querying underlying database tables. Created PowerPoint presentations and project updates for management review.
Environment: Selenium Web driver, Selenium Grid, Microsoft Office Excel, JIRA, Eclipse, Java, Jenkins, TestNG, Apache POI.
- Analyzed business requirements and estimated work effort for each task.
- Prepared application design documents based on High Level Design Documents.
- Project is implemented using SCRUM, Agile methodology. As Scrum Master was responsible for facilitating daily standups, grooming sessions, sprint review and retro's.
- Performed End to End manual testing for Panel UI and logged many defects
- Implemented Testcases for the whole Panel UI of production printers
- Verified Test cases against RTM
- Implemented design patterns like Singleton, DAO's and Value Objects.
- Extensively used java Collections & Exception Handling across the application.
- Used Java, standard edition components like Core java, OOPS concepts and C++ in the application.
- Implemented logging mechanism using log4j tool.
- Responsible for Smoke testing and validation testing
- Involved in Regression Testing and developing and executing test cases.
- Active participation in code reviews, code refactoring for code optimization.
Environment: Selenium Web driver, Selenium RC, Microsoft Office Excel, QC, Eclipse, Java, TestNG.