- 8+ years of experience as a QA Automation Engineer experience in executing and testing of client server architecture and web - based applications using automation tools like Selenium webdriver, Protractor, QTP and GEB.
- 5+ years of experience in preparing test cases & test suites and testing SOAP and JSON based web services using SOAP UI.
- Extensive experience in testing Java based, Angular based and .Net based web and SOA applications.
- Expert in preparing, reviewing and maintaining test plan, test cases, test procedure, and test scripts for automated and manual testing as per user requirements and functional specifications of the system.
- Strong knowledge in Software QA standards, flows and methodologies like functional, integration, regression, black-box, white-box, smoke and sanity testing
- Experience writing sql queries for data validation against back-end APIs and adhoc test case validations.
- Experience in Test Planning, Scripting, Scenario configuration, analysis, running automated tests and complete understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Experience in maintaining and suggesting test beds needed for refgression and integration testing.
- Expertise in End-to- End Test Management and Tools - HP Quality Center (ALM), QTP, JIRA and IBM Rational tools
- Experience in working directly with end users and business teams to proactively identify test cases and test scenarios in SCRUM and TDD methodologies.
- Well versed with test planning, effort estimation, defect and test management, resource allocation, communication to clients, reporting.
- Experience in writing tests in Junit and TestNG framework
- Experience in using Jenkins as a Continuous Integration server to configure with GitHub, Maven and Nexus.
- Experience in using SQL Server, T-SQL to fetch data from database and compare with the REST response
- Good Experience in Backend testing by writing SQL queries in Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server and Microsoft Access databases
- Experience in MAVEN and NPM build automation tools
- Familiar in doing deployments on application and web servers like IBM websphere and Apache tomcat.
- Experience in working on Waterfall, Agile (SCRUM) and iterative methodology.
- Strong defect management experience. Ability to identify, log, track and retest defects using Clear Quest and Quality Center.
- Experience in Healthcare and Retail domains.
- Very good team player in working with others on time critical assignments and Excellent written and verbalcommunication skills.
- Flexible and Adaptive in team and also as an individual to adjust dynamically for changes.
Automation tools and framework: Protractor, Selenium WebDriver, Selenium IDE, Junit, GEB, Spock, TestNG, Firebug, XPath, Jmeter, Firepath, SOAP UI Pro
Databases: Oracle 9i/10g/11g/12c, SQL Server 2010,2012,2014, MySQL, DB2, MongoDB
Defect Tracking: JIRA, Rally, IBM Clearquest.
IDE: Eclipse, NetBeans 7.0, GGTS (Groovy/Grails Tool Suite), WebStorm, IntelliJ, Flash Builder 4.5
Web/Application Servers: Apache Tomcat 6.0, Glassfish, IBM WebSphere 8, Oracle WebLogic, WAS, JBoss 4.0
Test Case Management Tools: JIRA, Rally, TestRail, HP Quality Center
Continuous Integration Tools: Jenkins
Build Automation Tools: Maven, NPM
UML Tools/ other tools: Apache ANT, Maven, JUNIT, Jira, Clear Quest, Bugzilla, MS Visio, Dreamviewer, Log4j, Rational Ross, Star UML, Selenium
Confidential, Columbus, Ohio
QA Automation Developer
Role and Reponsibilities:
- Responsible for Smoke testing, black-box testing, white-box, Integration testing, Database testing, regression testing and GUI & API testing .
- Developed BDD tests using Cucumber by writing behavior and step definitions & developed required Selenium support code in Java for Cucumber.
- Automated AngularJS application module using protractor by writing java scripts and Used Jasmine as unit testing framework.
- Used karma as a test runner to execute the test scripts and experience in setting up the karma.config.js file with configurations.
- Worked on Selenium GUI Object / element verification done through XPath and CSS Locators and creating X-path using Fire-bug and had Good knowledge of Page factory and POM in selenium
- Automated Web Services using Rest Assured using Java in eclipse
- Responsible for creating SOAP UI test suites and test cases for SOAP & REST API testing.
- Worked very closey with UI angular developers while automating the tests using protractor and Jasmine
- Designed and developed tests for mobile apps testing in Android Platform using Appium
- Involved in conducting tests on Web services transactions like automatic bill payment, wire transfers sent over HTTP or HTTPS by inspecting every XML request and response using Soap UI.
- Tested web services by generating XML based SOAPUI Requests and validated the corresponding XML based SOAPUI Responses.
- Automated Restful services using Rest Assured API using java by following the TDD/BDD frameworks.
- Involved in setting up continuous integration system using Jenkins and working knowledge with cloudbased code repository system like GitHub.
- Integrated with Continuous Integration tools Jenkins for running test on nightly basis automatically.
- Worked effectively with Developers, AGILE Team, and Project Management to achieve Selenium automation, high quality, release deadlines and QA processes improvements.
Environment: JIRA, Confluence, TOAD, Java, ReadyAPI, SoapUI, XML, Selenium, TestNG, Maven, AngularJS Appium, Protractor, Jasmine, Java Script, Mobile, REST,SOAP, HTML, Android, Cucumber, Gherkin.
Confidential, Chicago, IL
Selenium Automation QA Analyst
Role and Responsibilities:
- Automated UI and Functional test cases of the web application using selenium IDE
- Created Regression Suite and ran the automated test plan for every build
- Wrote SQLs to check the database and test the data integrity in accordance with business standards.
- Automated the tests using Selenium2.0, TestNG, Junit
- Validated request and response XML, SOAP and RESTFUL WebService calls
- Used TOAD analyzer to manipulate database queries to verify the data in the database.
- Used Jenkins as a Continuous Integration s erver to configure with GitHub and Maven
- Used GitHub as a source repository system to share code within the office
- Interacted with developers and business Users to communicate the defects and actively participated in replicating the bugs and performed regression testing using JIRA
- Closely worked with developers and System Engineers to nail down the technical problems
- Writing Stored Procedures, Triggers, and Functions
- Validated Web services for Manual and Automation Testing using SOAP UI
- Updated Test plans and Test cases periodically to manage changes in requirements
- Developed and maintained custom libraries for the common automation framework using selenium.
- Performed Integration and Regression testing to check compatibility of new functionality with the existing functionalities using selenium
- Involved with Automation Tool Kit Team, for various integrations. (Rally, Cloud, Continuous integration)
- Involved in business requirements, users request and bug Scrubs meetings
- Reviewed Business Requirement Documents and the Technical Specification
- Documented test cases corresponding to business rules and other operating condition
- Analyzed user requirements, attended Change Request meetings to document changes and Implemented procedures to test changes.
Confidential, Orlando, FL
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Reviewed Business requirements, IT Design documents and prepared Test Plans for all assigned project releases.
- Implemented automation testing using Java, JUnit framework and Selenium (Web driver) for web application.
- Designed, Maintained and executed daily automation regression suites and running Smoke Test daily twice after build.
- Developed API automation scripts for applications on CA Devtest.
- Developed Selenium based automated API testing using Page object model, data driven and TestNG.
- Created automated test suite, volunteered and reduced total test execution time by configuring tests to run parallel on Selenium grid.
- Performed the API Web Services testing using SOAPUI tool.
- Experience in performing database testing using Selenium and CA DevTest.
- Used filters, assertions, datasets, staging Documents in CA DevTest tool.
- Performed GUI testing, regression testing and end to end functionality testing of the application.
- Created automated test scripts using Selenium and JUnit.
- Design, develop and implement Page Object Model Pattern based on Keyword Driven automation testing framework utilizing Java, Test-NG and Selenium Web-Driver.
- Participated in Test automation development and execution using Coded UI and C#.
- Created test cases, test plans, tested API's, wrote JUnit test cases, executed code coverage, wrote automation scripts using Selenium, executed database queries for testing purposes and led different projects in the shipping and checkout domain Using C#, SQL Server automated, debug, and deployed the web applications.
- Contributed to the Continuous Integration pipeline running component builds, creating and running
- Deployment jobs on individual stages on Jenkins, and running automated and manual functional tests.
- Configured and Maintained dependencies required for the module in Maven Configuration file.
- Extensively used SQL scripts/queries for data verification at the backend. /2
- Performed functional testing of SOAP and RESTFULL Web Services using SOAP UI Tool.
- Developed test harness for Web Services automated testing by means of SOAP UI and ANT.
- Interaction with Project Managers to discuss on ongoing project and QA strategy which needs to be followed.
- Worked on Web services testing using automation tools SOAPUI pro and CA Devtest
- Assist QA Team with defining and implementing a defect resolution process including defect priority, severity, next steps, and assigned owner.
- Wrote test cases, implemented ran and added versions and iterations using Test Manager for positive, negative and END-TO-END Test cases.
- Identified and reported bugs using defect tracking tool HP Quality Center and presented bug reports for weekly status updates.
- Worked in a highly dynamic AGILE environment and participated in scrum and sprint meetings.
Environment: Selenium WebDriver, Rally, JIRA, JUnit, TestNG, CA DevTest,Cucumber, ASP.Net, Maven, Eclipse, Java, Xpath, HTML, CSS, Oracle SQL, UNIX.
Roles and Resonsibilities:
- Reviewed Technical Specification System Requirement Specification, and functional design documents to accomplish a better understanding of the project.
- Implemented Black-Box Testing, Functionality, GUI and Regression Testing for the entire application, for various builds in a team environment.
- Created automated test solution for project using existing company framework for automation testing using C#
- Worked with data types, variable and variable declaration, naming convention, constants and assigning values to the variables in VB scripting under QTP testing tool.
- Extensively used QTP integrated environment like Data Table, Actions, and Recovery scenarios.
- Performed manual testing for functionality testing and developed automated execution of test cases using QTP for Regression Testing.
- Development of automation scripts and reusable functions/procedures using QTP and bug reporting using Test Director
- Worked on creating POC for SpecFlow using gherkin to support Behavior Driven Development (BDD) process.
- Prepared and executed Test Cases manually for different modules per the Technical Specification, and Functional Design with all Use Case or User Story documents as a Software Developer Engineer in Test (SDET).
- Web services testing using SOAPUI (Get Method, POST Method) -SOAP and Restful (JSON) in Java in Web Application.
- Ensured all test plans, test cases and document Actively involved in SDLC and STLC process and used tools like Selenium RC/Web driver, SOAP UI. that was traceable to original requirements.
- Worked with Retesting and Regression testing
Environment: Quality Center, Black Box Testing, Windows, MS Office, UNIX/Linux, HTML, XML,C#, HTML,CSS.