- Over 5+ years of experience in IT industry with focus on Quality Assurance and testing applications.
- Experience in implementing QA Methodologies, Test plans, Test cases and Test scenarios.
- Well versed with Software development life cycle (SDLC) and Software testing life cycle using various methodologies, such as Waterfall and Agile Methodology.
- Experience in analyzing the business requirements, Functional requirement and Use cases.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret business requirements to actionable test plans.
- Proficient in all phases of Test Life Cycle from test planning to defect tracking and managing defect life cycle.
- Experience in manual testing using user interface and proficient in Black Box Testing, Regression Testing, User Acceptance Testing and experience in Bug Tracking.
- Experienced in high level language like C# and Java.
- Good experience with Selenium IDE on creating C# test scripts for Black Box Testing and White Box Testing.
- Working knowledge on MS Team Foundation Service (TFS) tool for project management, reporting, managing requirements using MS Visual Studio respectively.
- Experienced in web applications testing with Selenium IDE, Selenium RC and Selenium Grid.
- Extensive experience in using Selenium WebDriver API for writing Junit and NUnit test suites and test cases for testing functionality with the Selenium Server.
- Experienced in writing complex SQL queries on MS SQL Server.
- Experienced in Web Service/API testing using SOAPUI.
- Experienced in designing and building Frameworks like Behavior Driven Development (BDD/TDD) using Selenium Web driver, Specflow and Cucumber.
- Quick learner with strong Analytical and Problem - Solving skills, Multi-Tasking abilities and proven experience in utilizing process knowledge of various technologies and domains.
- Good interaction with developers, managers and team members to coordinate job tasks.
- Good team player with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strongly motivated, enthusiastic, dedicated, and goal oriented.
Test Tool / Framework: Selenium Webdriver, Selenium IDE, Selenium Grid, HP Quality Center, MS Test Manager, SOAPUI, Advanced REST client, Postman, Jenkins, Specflow, Cucumber
Programming Language: C#, Java
Databases: MS SQL Server, MS Access
Methodologies: Waterfall, Agile /SCRUM
Others: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project.
Confidential, Nashville, TN
Automation Engineer/ SDET/SOA Testing
- Involved in analyzing Business Requirement Documents and Technical Specification document and developed test plan and test cases for testing the application.
- Participated in requirement reviews and analyzed Modification requests and Enhancement requests.
- Tested independent and dependent modules individually.
- Prepared Test Matrix to keep track of the requirements and the test cases.
- Wrote test cases using MTM (Microsoft Team Manager)
- Logged, Enhancements and production defects in TFS (team Foundation Server)
- Define, develop, and execute automation test scripts using C# that leverage black and white box testing across functional, non-functional and performance testing.
- Involved in validating the Web Services related to Customer, Account and Transaction Management using the SOAPUI.
- Created automation framework in Selenium WebDriver and NUnit using behavior driven approach (BDD) such as Specflow.
- Integrated Automation scripts (Selenium WebDriver API) in Continuous Integration tools for nightly batch run of the Script.
- Developed test automation scripts using Selenium WebDriver for regression and performance testing of the various releases of the application.
- Performed manual testing of each build and then regression testing on each build using Selenium WebDriver.
- Used Web Developer Tools to do web-based application testing with Selenium for the commands and locator application.
- Worked on Cross Browser testing through Selenium WebDriver by testing the website on different browsers like Chrome, IE and Firefox.
- Created Selenium webdriver automation scripts to validate functionality on various browsers.
- Done SOA testing for Payments API using SOAPUI and C# .NET framework for web services testing.
- Developed data driven test scripts to check the same functionality with multiple sets of data.
- Conducted System Testing and User Acceptance Testing for every client and Conducted Backend testing writing extensive SQL queries.
- Checked the data flow through the front end to backend and used SQL queries, to extract the data from the database.
- Involved in documentation as to how to maintain and run scripts for future enhancements. Responsible for testing the application against different environments in QA, staging and production.
- Analyzed the business requirements, developed test plans and created test cases in TFS.
Environment: TFS, Visual Studio, SOA, Selenium WebDriver, Specflow, NUnit, SOAPUI Pro, C#, .NET, XPath, Visual Studio, Java Script, SQL Server.
Confidential, Philadelphia, PA
Automation Quality Assurance Analyst/ Tester
- Developed test cases for various scenarios based upon requirements, designs and specifications.
- Attended daily Scrum Meetings with the Team Lead and Developers and executed daily tasks based on the Agile Methodology.
- Developed and executed Test Suites and Test Scripts based on the requirement documents and using Test Manager.
- Executed test cases manually and verified actual results against expected results.
- Detected, Reported and Tracked bugs using Test manager.
- Performed Sanity, Functional, Negative, Regression, System, Integration, End to End and Backend testing.
- Participated at requirements reviews, design reviews, test plan and test case review.
- Worked with Team Foundation Server (TFS) for version control, source-control, bug reporting and project documents.
- Updated regression test cases in Selenium WebDriver using C# programming language.
- Created automation test scripts using BDD approach using Specflow.
- Created and executed SQL statements to verify the data in the backend.
- Utilized Test Manager for managing software testing process including planning tests, executing tests, defect tracking and reporting.
- Integrated Automation scripts in Continuous Integration tools (Jenkins) for nightly batch run of the Script.
- Tested web services using Postman/Advanced REST Client.
- Developed and executed SQL joins to validate the results in Web Services and Front end with Database.
- Handle High severity issues on priority.
- Responsible for weekly status updates showing the progress of the testing effort and open issues to be resolved.
- Attended review, defect and go no-go meetings.
Environment: C#, Selenium Webdriver, SOA, Specflow, Postman, Advanced REST Client, Jenkins, MS Test Manager, Visual Studio, TFS, .NET, SQL, MS Excel, MS Visio, Agile.
Confidential, Dallas, TX
QA Automation/Manual Analyst
- As a QA Engineer my duties involved testing the retail POS application such as inventory management, customer historical data, Point of sale features and batch process.
- Involved in writing and reviewing Test plans, Executing Test Cases, Test scripts, Test Scenarios, Test Data based on the requirement documents and tracked the defects in Jira.
- Performed Validation address, Telephone numbers and Billing Address.
- Performed Development Integration, Functional, Regression and End to End User Acceptance testing for the data services.
- Identified test cases to automate. Automate those test cases using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG and Java technologies (Eclipse). Contributed in framework creation.
- Performed the Web testing of the Zales.com application for browser dependency.
- Worked on automation framework built on BDD using tools like Cucumber and TestNG.
- Interacting with the Developers on a regular basis for application updates and enhancements.
- Developed and Executed Test Scripts using Selenium WebDriver and TestNG using Java.
- Converted commercial QTP Scripts to open source Selenium WebDriver scripts to maximize the profits of the company without compromising Quality.
- Created and Executed SQL queries to fetch data from an SQL database server to
- Performed Regression testing to Validate addition of new patch to ensure that existing functionality is not broken.
Environment: Java, Eclipse, Selenium Webdriver, Cucumber, TestNG, SQL, MS-Word, SQL Server, MS-Excel, Jira, QTP.
Confidential, Irving, TX
- Involved in attending Scrum meetings and gather business requirements and coordinate with business analysts and developers to convert Sprints to testable requirements.
- Working in Agile methodology with SDLC.
- Manually tested the whole application before going for the automated testing.
- Executed manual test cases and verified actual results with expected results.
- Creating automated test scripts by modifying the existing functions.
- Conducting regression test, by using the automated scripts for QTP.
- Performed functional, stress, and load testing.
- Performed retesting after fixing the bugs manually.
- Conducting benchmark testing for performance for each Sprint.
- Creating performance graphs for each Sprint.
Environment: Windows, QTP, Quality Center, SQL Server, Agile Methodology (Scrum/Sprint)