- Over 14+ Years of extensive experience as Manual/Blackbox Tester for Software Quality Assurance.
- Experience in Writing test cases, Testing, Running Automation scripts with Frameworks.
- Highly Proficient in performing End to End Testing which includes Functional, Integration, GUI, Regression, Running Automation Test Suites on in - house tools - Scriptgen and CA Studio.
- Proficient in Digital Media testing - PDL, VOD, XTV, Video Scrambling, Headend interface, Smartcard user interface, Blacklists, Conditional Access, STB features/Smart card Security, Pay-TV, Streaming.
- Expertise on Mobile Application testing - Manual test.
- Expertise in management and execution tools - HP QC.
- Exposure to all stages of STLC.
- Excellent knowledge and working experience in test planning, test case, test execution and test result analyses.
- Well versed in Agile/Scrum methodologies for software development.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills leading to an excellent team player.
- Complete delivery ownership with continuous coordination across multiple stakeholders and teams.
- Proficiency at grasping new technical concepts quickly and utilizing it in a productive manner.
- Highly proactive, self-motivated and result oriented Individual with excellent attitude.
- ISTQB Certified International Software Testing Quality Board-Foundation level .
- Cisco Security Ninja White Belt and Cisco Security Ninja Green Belt Certifications.
Technologies/Domain: Manual/Blackbox Testing
Languages/Scripting: Basics in VB Script
Operating Systems: Windows
Automation Frameworks/ Tools: NDS Proprietary Conditional Access Security Tools Videoguard streamers, VGstreamerWizard, Packedit, Scriptgen, Playback, Security Client, Super Signers, CA Studio, Sniffers.
Software tracking & Management Tools: IBM Clear Quest, Bugzilla, CDETS, HP Quality Center (QC).
- Performed manual and automated testing and defect tracking and resolution of applications and solutions.
- Coordinating in the preparation of Test Plan/ Test Strategy for the application after careful analysis of requirements and specifications
- Developed Test Execution Matrices during the test cycle.
- Created and executed detail function test script and test cases based on the business requirements
- Tested the functionality of different screens by performing object testing & functionality testing
- Automated the test process by developing scripts using Win Runner as per test cases
- Performed Track Record defect process flow in Test Director.
- Test Director was used as Central Repository.
- Assisted in running automation scripts using Win runner application.
- Created scripts for the running of various Matrices using WinRunner.
- Used WinRunner for testing the compatibility of the application with different platforms.
- Used Test Director as a repository for Test Cases and for Defect Tracking.
- Performed Ad-hoc testing, Integration testing, End-to-End testing, Function testing, Performance testing, System testing, User Acceptance testing, Black box testing and White box testing.
- Regression Testing and Stress Testing were done at various phases of the project development.
- Worked with developers using Test Director to fix the defects.
- Reported and tracked function defects using PVCS tracker.
- Worked with developers, business and Release mangers to discussed ways to fix the defects.
Senior Engineer QA
- Understand, Analyze and implement new features/ functionality per client requirement.
- Coordination with the Headend team for the new requirement setup configurations. Mainly, understanding the requirement and assisting the Headend system engineers in implementing the same.
- Deciding the scope of testing & Effort analysis.
- Test environment setup, Creation and execution of test suites.
- Executing manual and automated Test scripts using in-house tools.
- Responsible for Testing & Quality Assurance as individual contributor.
- Performing UI, Sanity, functional, Integration, system and regression testing.
- Overall responsibility for multiple test phases.
- Interfaced with multiple application development groups, test groups, and project managers.
- Working on customer defects and help reproduce/simulate issue.
- Involved in Defect tracking and analysis in co-ordination with team members.
- Working and coordinating with other team members/ off- shore to accomplish task on regular basis. Worked Onsite for various vendors.
- Testing includes: Smartcard interface with various components of Set top Box, Headend communication with the set top box, Conditional access functionalities, Scrambling, DVR Lite functionality, Heartbeat security feature, Stress Tests on Audio-Video, glitches etc. Headend communication with the STB, Conditional access functionalities on Progressive Download (PDL), Video On Demand (VOD), PVR functionalities (XTV), NVRAM. Every feature is tested with the security perspective of the STB on multiple vendor platforms.
- Performed Manual Black Box Testing of a Web Site.
- Performed GUI functional and sanity testing manually for each new build of the application.
- Create and execute test cases in accordance with business, technical and functional specs of the applications.
- Responsible for thorough testing of browser and platform compatibility issues.
- Involved in Release Activities -- testing a web site during a release.
- Verify bugs fixed in new releases - Regression.
- Test Environment set up
- Writing test cases
- Test Case execution
- Defect Reporting
- Sanity Check
- Regression testing