- A Telecom, Computer Systems and Network Engineer experienced in Testing, QA, leadership and management. A highly organized team player and tenacious problem solver with a proven track - record of numerous successful software and hardware releases in fast paced environments while being a proponent for Confidential process and product improvement.
- Telecom, Embedded, and Networked Computer Systems Testing,
- Verification and Validation to industry specs, customer specs, developments specs and contract requirements.
- LAN and WAN Network design, configuration and troubleshooting (switches & routers), Cisco IOS,
- TCP/IP, Ethernet, ATM, Frame Relay DSL & QoS, Ixia, Spirent Avalanche and SmartBits.
- Testing of Video, H.264 HEVC, MPEG4,Flash, DASH, HLS.
- Experience with Mobile devices, iOS, xCode, Android, ADB, Eclipse.
- Computer Subsystem and Network Baselining, Monitoring, Bottleneck analysis, tuning and sizing.
- Wireshark / TCP dump captures and analysis.
- Windows Enterprise Computing and Networking. VMware, Hyper V and OpenStack Virtualization. AWS cloud computing
- Linux sys admin and internals.
- Environmental and EMC qualification testing, test planning and test reporting.
- Hardware and software troubleshooting and installation.
- Shell scripting, Expect, Project, Visio, mySQL, some C#, C ++, Python, Visual Basic and Selenium.
- Familiar with RFCs and Telcordia/Bellcore specs, cPCI and Confidential .
- Departmental Management and technical team leadership. Certified in Agile software development methods
- Scheduling, budgeting, equipment procurement, resource allocation and risk management.
- Familiar with HFC cable distribution networks, FiOS, DBS, MoCA, OFDM and QAM. Some DOCSIS.
- JIRA, Bugzilla, Test Rail, HP QC, Clear Case, Git, SVN, Clear Case, VSS, SalesForce, Zen Desk
Systems Integration and Test; Global Customer Support; Field Apps Engineering; Departmental Management; Off-shore team technical leadership and management, Development and Presentation of Technical Seminars; Process Improvement; Requirements Verification and Validation.
Senior Software QA Engineer
- Lead Engineer responsible for systems testing of Video Content Digital Resource Management (DRM) Conditional Access System (CAS) with encryption in a Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) Agile development environment.
- Tested entitlement / policy based access and encryption of video assets on IPTV cable, Satellite, and Confidential networks with a unified subscriber / video asset management Oracle database, and tested authorized delivery / decryption / to iOS, Android, PC browser and set top box video clients.
- Tested live and forensic watermarking. Performed Program Increment (PI) and Sprint Planning for two major releases and numerous minor releases.
- Tested on-prem and AWS cloud based head end servers.
- Lead a team of off-shore Test Engineers facilitating 24x5 QA testing.
- Tier 5 Systems administration / global network operations, escalated customer support, field maintenance, Customer / reseller training and systems test of Confidential L-Band Satcom network in a Dev Ops environment.
- Responsible for new beam / service area deployment, Customer VPN integration, Satellite Terminal programming and configuration, power calibration, service monitoring, outage resolution, QOS monitoring and throughput measurement.
Senior Software QA Test Engineer
- Created and executed HP QC/ALM based test plans and procedures.
- Tested H.264 video compression of MPEG4, Flash, DASH, and HTTP Live Streaming video delivered from Lab Apache web servers and internet servers to iOS, Android, and desktop video clients. Load tested using Spirent Avalanche.
- Managed the Lab and administered the Lab Network, Windows / Linux standalone servers, and VMware / HyperV virtualized servers.
- Proactively planned and budgeted for equipment needs.
- Performed Wireshark captures and analyzed HTTP / video network traffic.
- Retrieved and analyzed video metadata from MySql database.
- Automated web browsing using Selenium.
Senior Test Engineer
- Engineering release testing of IP networked, web browser accessible and Confidential managed high definition video cameras (traffic and security).
- Testing of H.264 encoded streaming RTP / RTSP camera video, the web browser based client PC viewing / management application, and the associated camera based web / media server.
Senior Systems Integration and Test Engineer
- Systems Integration and Testing / Verification and Validation of ruggedized Confidential, VME, and VPX computer systems and Ethernet switches to be installed in military aircraft UAVs, and ground vehicles.
- Planned and performed MIL-STD-461 EMC and MIL-STD-810 Environmental and DO-160 testing at offsite Qual Labs.
- Projects include ITAR controlled and US eyes only systems.
- Wrote test plans, procedures and qualification reports. Successful Qual. projects include Global Observer Aircraft Flight Control Computer and Mission Management Systems Computer, Confidential Ethernet Switch, and PC-21 Aircraft Mission Computer
Staff Systems Test Engineer
- Completed Test Planning, Wrote Test Cases and Performed Systems Testing for five releases
- Performed and completed MoCA industry standard Conformance Testing (MoCA CTP 1.0 and 1.1)
- Planned MoCA device coexistence testing with DBS including planning and installing a DBS test system with CSS and SWMs.
Senior Customer Support Engineer / Field Applications Engineer
- Performed troubleshooting in domestic and international customer lab environments and in-service telecom equipment.
- Provided routine and escalated technical support for Confidential and Advanced Telecom Architecture ( Confidential ) based hardware and software.
- Created and presented customer training seminars including workshops in Japan and China.
- Assigned for six weeks at a Customer’s integration facility in Japan resolving equipment problems and mitigating the Customer’s frustration.
- Implemented industry best practices and value added processes while eliminating valueless processes.
Systems Integration and Test Engineer / Working Manager
- Designed, purchased, installed, configured, and documented fault tolerant internetworked multi-server multi-host Gigabit Ethernet/Fiber Channel SAN lab.
- Executed and documented performance baselines of the lab computer systems and network while identifying bottlenecks and tuning for max performance.
- Developed and executed test plans and scripts for feature testing, performance testing, data integrity testing.
- Performed and internally published competitive product evaluations.
Integration Test Engineer
- Familiar with network test equipment including SmartBits Ethernet and ATM generator/analyzers (G/As), Adtech ATM and Frame Relay G/As, and misc. protocol analyzers.
- Designed and coded scripts to automate the process of provisioning and configuring internetworks of DSL Access Multiplexers (DSLAMs), CPEs and Routers.
- Assisted in unit testing of control and management, SNMP, packet processing, and packet forwarding software. Linux Sys. Admin including configuring DHCP, BOOTP, FTP, and RADIUS servers
- Designed, configured, implemented, and documented numerous lab networks and test cases using Cisco 7200s and 2500s, Juniper M20s, and Redback SMS 1800 routers over Ethernet, T1/DS3/OC3 SONET, ATM and Frame Relay.
- Configured and tested PPP, RADIUS, LMI, OAM, and QOS.
- Received “Leader of the Pack” (Q1 2000) employee recognition award of $1K for outstanding contribution to the G.Lite ADSL software/hardware release.
- Conceived and implemented a quarterly forecasting process to plan internal equipment demands to minimize the impact of production equipment shortages, and to aid in budgeting
- Participated in ISO 9000 implementation and the successful registration audit.
Senior Electronics Engineering Tech
- Performed setup, maintenance, configuration control, and troubleshooting of lab DSL networks. Performed hardware DVT and physical layer verification for the DS3 ATM and DS3 Frame WAN circuit cards.
- Conducted off-site NEBS certification testing.
- Performed SMT, fine-pitch, and THT soldering rework. Provided soldering training for other technicians.
- Implemented a bar code tracking system and designed the associated database to track lab assets and configurations.