- Software Engineering professional with over ten years design, development, systems engineering, Confidential and test, QA, technical support, and technical writing experience in UNIX, Windows, and Macintosh environments.
- Especially talented in troubleshooting, analysis and problem resolution.
- Noted for attention to detail, self - initiative, dependability, expert communication skills, and sunny disposition.
- Proven ability to work independently, as well as collaboratively.
- Adept at cross-functional jobs and multi-tasking in demanding environments where meeting deadlines is crucial.
- Proactive, responsible attitude toward all projects.
- Known as an inspiring team leader with exceptional client and employee rapport.
- Motivated by the challenge of learning new skills quickly.
TECHNICAL SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE:
- SQL Server, Oracle RDBMS (design, development, QA) UNIX, LINUX, Solaris, All Windows, Mac OS, OSX
- Web Apps, Oracle Forms GUI/Developer 2000, ProC C, C++, Object Oriented Design, TCP/IP, ATM, QoS
- SQL and PL*SQL, Stored procedures, triggers, etc HTML, HTTP, Apache, Cold Fusion, XML, JIRA, Elementool
Confidential, San Francisco, CA
Senior Software Quality Assurance Engineer
- Responsible for implementation and support of complex testing methodologies in rapid application development scenario with minimal supervision.
- Perform black box and white box testing of web-based Asset and Lease management applications as required (in Windows and Linux environments.)
- Perform reliability, regression, usability, stress, performance, and security testing as required for UI and database.
- Write test plans, validate forms, document upload/downloads, and workflow of project tasks and dates, asset tracking and schedule management, as well as database integrity.
- Use SQL Server, Oracle, XML, HTML, .NET, JAVA and other tools on Apache web servers in order to support various testing environments for Site, Asset, Lease and Portfolio Management software applications in a SAAS environment.
- Conscientiously track bugs using JIRA and other Defect tracking systems for various projects and clients simultaneously.
- Lead QA projects to ensure complete cooperation between all teams to meet deadlines. Contribute to crucial implementation and QA decisions for User Acceptance Testing and live web releases.
- Work on major client releases and system migrations for Cellular Search Ring and Site build outs, schedule migrations and project management with clients
Confidential, Los Gatos, CA
Software Support and QA Technician
- Support responsibilities included answering software product sales or policy related questions via email.
- Answering all interface and handheld device, (Smart Phones, Palms, etc), related product support questions, writing Knowledgebase articles relating to device interface software, and working on special projects as assigned.
- Quality assurance responsibilities included working closely with engineers to grasp new functionality and features, developing verification tests for beta and final build testing, regression and functional testing, and entering concise defect reports into bug-tracking database, as well as maintaining status reports for all current projects.
Confidential, Rohnert Park, CA
Web Design Consultant, QA Engineer
- Consultant for web page design and development.
- Responsible for quality assurance of layout and database integrity.
- Advisor to database designer regarding best practices.
Confidential, Rohnert Park, CA
Technical Writer 2003 Software/QA Engineer
- Wrote and edited a variety of technical publications and user instruction manuals using Confidential, MS Word and Visio.
- Communicated with engineers and SMEs to obtain current product information and feature lists for content updates.
- Created Installation User Manual for Video and Data Service Management software.
Software Release /QA
- Saved time and resources by successfully re-engineering customer Oracle database and software upgrade. This resulted in substantial risk reduction for customer data loss during upgrade of systems.
- Designed, developed and implemented transaction log for communications protocol and interactive database applications. Reduced trouble-shooting time and decreased customer assistance needs in support.
- Developed innovative pay per view video package system for User Interface, allowing Video Provider clients to offer multi-language program channel packages to end-users without end-user language choice.
- Developed and was project lead on ATM traffic parameter and QoS (quality of service) software for Broadband Service Management GUI, allowing for thorough monitoring and troubleshooting of end-customer data services.
Software Test Engineer
- Initiated customer trust and loyalty through successful deployment of software and hardware at large Regional Confidential Operating company, which included Oracle and GUI software and hardware installations, and performing customer training on site.
- Provided support and training to customers and employees, and improved communication between departments.
- Served as SME in interactions with Telcos, video and data service providers and business systems, to evaluate and test various business rules and broadband interfaces, accelerating development with various network protocols.
- Wrote initial test plans for EMS, Alarm Management, and Broadband Service Management Systems user interfaces.