- 5+ years of experience in Software Quality Assurance and Testing Applications (Both Manual and Automation testing).
- Sound knowledge on JUnit, TestNG framework for Unit testing, Maven for Project building tool, Jenkins for Continuous Integration.
- Expertise in working with open source tools like Selenium (Selenium IDE, Selenium RC, Selenium Grid, Selenium WebDriver) using Java.
- Experienced working with automated testing tools including Quick Test Professional 10.0, JMeter, Quality Center 10 under different Environments for various applications adhering to different industry standards.
- Proficient in mobile automation testing using Appium with comprehensive understanding of all phases of Test Life Cycle, including requirements gathering, test planning, defect tracking, and reporting.
- Strong knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle(SDLC) methodologies such as Agile, Scrum and Waterfall models.
- Experience in using Java IDE tools like Eclipse and familiarity with other IDEs .
- Excellent knowledge in writing unique XPath using firebug and fire path to identify web elements.
- Good knowledge on Apache POI to read and write the data in Excel
- Excelled in performing Manual Testing, GUI, Functional, Integration Testing, System Testing, Regression Testing and Black - box testing with Knowledge of performance, load and stress testing .
- Good exposure to manual testing RESTFUL, web services in JSON format and POSTMAN API testing.
- Experience with cross-browser and cross-operating system testing using selenium WebDriver.
- Expertise in back end testing and writing SQL queries, Joins, procedures using Oracle and MYSQL for data validation and verification.
- Flexibility to work in dynamic, continually changing environment and Team player with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Languages: JAVA, C, C++, C#, Java Script, HTML, XML.
Testing Tools: Selenium WebDriver, Appium (Android Testing).HP Quality Center/ALM, JUnit, TestNG, JIRA QTP, Eclipse, Manual Testing.
Operating Systems: Windows, UNIX, LINUX.
Browsers: Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari, Google Chrome, Opera.
Database: SQL, Oracle, SQL Server, MYSQL.
Build Tool: Maven, Jenkins.
Bug Tracking Tools: Quality Center (QC), ZOHO.
Web Debugging Tool: Xpath, Fire path, Firebug, Web debugger.
Software QA Engineer
Confidential, San Diego, CA
- Participated in writing Test Plan, Test strategy & Test Scenarios based on software documentation from business, technical and functional requirements.
- Designed and Executed test cases for Automated and Functional testing, performed Integration testing and End to End system testing using HP ALM Quality Center .
- Involved in validating functional, Integration and Regression test suites using Selenium,
- Performed cross browser compatibility testing on chrome, Firefox, IEbrowser using TestNG unit Testing Framework by adding different annotations
- Developed automation script for Mobile Native applications (Android) using Appium, Java.
- Used Quick Test Professional (QTP) for Regression testing and running the automation suite.
- Backend testing Oracle Service cloud for Mobile Application User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
- Created traceability matrix between Requirements and test cases.
- Track the bugs by using defect tracking tool ZOHO
- Performed database testing with custom SQL queries to verify data integrity.
- Experience in generating automation testing reports using TestNG framework.
- Have excellent skills in Java, written many re-usable Java automation scripts to automate the application.
- Participated in status meetings for projects.
Environment: Java, TestNG, ZOHO, Selenium, Quality Center, QTP, Appium
- Involved in analyzing Business Requirement Documents, creating test plan and prepared detailed test cases for UAT.
- Reviewing the Test Plan & Traceability Matrix.
- Extensively involved in all stages of testing life cycle, TestDriven Development methodologies, Software Development Life Cycle ( SDLC ) using Agile methodologies.
- Experience in writing automated test scripts using Selenium WebDriver with inbuilt Take Screenshot interface.
- Experience in Data driven Testing using Java Selenium WebDriver, TestNG and Apache POI .
- Performed the database validation using complex SQL queries.
- Experienced in Load and Performance testing tool JMeter.
- Involved in the Continuous Integration of the automation framework with Jenkins.
- Used XPath and DOM to work with dynamic and static objects in Selenium.
- Tested the new functionalities based on the new requirements and coordinated with development team in fixing the issues.
- Tested Browser compatibility to ensure that it works on all Browsers (IE, Firefox, Chrome, Safari, etc.)
- Updated Test Plans and Test Cases periodically to manage changes in requirements.
- Reported software defects in HP Quality Center and interacted with the developers to resolve technical issues.
- Involved in user Acceptance Testing (UAT) of the application.
- Performed Positive and Negative testing by inputting valid and invalid data.
Environment: Selenium, Jenkins, JMeter, Quality Meter, SQL, TestNG, Apache POI
- Understanding the business requirements and develop test cases to test the complete functionality of the application.
- Maintain Traceability Matrix to ensure all conditions are covered in the Test Cases.
- Responsible for Testing of Regression, Stress Testing, Sanity Testing, Retesting
- Executed Test cases and analyze the test results.
- Coordinating with onsite persons regarding documents, requirements and discussions about the functionality.
- Analyzed test specifications and converted them into Manual Test Cases.
- Written automation test cases in Java, C++
- Performed regression testing for each new build
- Executed SQL queries to verify the database for the relevant test cases.
- Involved as part of automation team using QTP, developed test scripts.
- Used Test Rail to analyze and maintain test cases, which satisfy both Verification and Validation and Track bugs.
Environment: Test Rail, Manual Testing, JAVA,C++, QTP, UNIX, SQL Server, Windows NT
- Responsible for Preparing Test Cases Based on the Functional Requirements.
- Updating and Modifying Test cases in TestRail.
- Took responsibility to write down complex SQL queries to check the input in the database tables
- Involved in Test Execution, Results Analyzing and Defect Reporting in QTP.
- Conducted Regression and Re Testing once defects are fixed.
- Knowledge on Automation Testing(Selenium)
- Performed end to end Functional Testing for the web-based application.
- Preparation of Test status and Test summary reports.
- Proven ability in proactively identifying and resolving issues. Effectively involved in the review of the Test results.
Environment: Manual Testing, Test Rail, QTP.