- Senior Automation Test Engineer with 8 years of Experience in Manual and Automation Testing using Selenium and Java. Expertise in Selenium Web driver, Implementation of Page Object Model with Hybrid Frameworks, Cucumber and Automated Testing frameworks for domains like Banking, Finance, ecommerce, Insurance and Healthcare.
- Experience building automation framework from scratch using Selenium web driver, JAVA, Junit and Eclipse.
- Implemented test automation scripts for mobile testing using Appium for Android and iOS applications.
- Expertise in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC) and Defect Life cycle with major responsibilities in all the phases.
- Well Versed in various sorts of testing like Manual testing, Automation Testing, Web based testing, Client/Server testing and Web services using SoapUI.
- Hands on experience in implementing Waterfall and Agile (Sprint/Scrum) methodology.
- Developed Test scenarios, Test cases, Test data, Test procedures, Test reports and Test Matrices and documenting manual and automated test scripts in Java & C# for Selenium.
- Extensive experience in Functional testing, testing system management, Integration testing, Regression testing, GUI testing, Back - end testing, Browser Compatibility testing, Ad-hoc testing, Black Box Testing, System Testing, User Acceptance Testing.
- Diverse knowledge in dealing with various open source tools like Selenium IDE, Selenium RC, Selenium WebDriver, Selenium Grid, SoapUI, Cucumber, FACETS, JUnit, Eclipse and TestNG.
- Experienced in Using of Groovy Scripting for writing the test cases in SOAPUI tool.
- Strong Knowledge in working with Selenium automation framework to perform smoke and regression testing using TestNG and Jenkins.
- Good Expertise at using Selenium Synchronizations with conditional synchronization and unconditional synchronization (Implicit, Explicit) wait statements.
- Strong experience with GUI Automation tools like UFT/Test complete. Performed Database/Backend testing using SQL Queries for data design, validation and integrity testing also established JDBC connection using java programming language.
- Expertise in documenting defects with high level of detail, accuracy, and informative recreation steps using Quality Center, JIRA, IBM Clear Quest, BugZilla.
- Proficient in testing database of applications developed with SQL Server, Oracle and MS Access.
- Strong in writing SQL queries to perform backend data validations.
- Experienced working on test management tools like team foundation server (TFS).
- Extensive experience in functional testing, integration testing, ETL testing, Database testing, regression testing, systems/End to End testing, Smoke test and User Acceptance Testing of applications.
- Extensive experience in Keyword Driven, Data Driven and Hybrid Automation and Maven Dependencies.
- Experienced on POSTMAN for API Testing.
- Sound knowledge on Android Platform Tools and iTool.
- Monkey command for Stress Testing for Android Mobile application.
Testing Tools: Selenium WebDriver/IDE/GRID/RC, HP Quality Center/ALM, JUnit, TestNG, JIRA, SoapUI, QTP, Protractor, JMeter, Cucumber, FitNesse, Coded UI, Appium
Frameworks: Hybrid, Keyword Driven, Data Driven and Robot Framework
Web Technologies: HTML, DHTML, CSS, XML, XSD, XSL, XSLT, XPATH, AJAX, JSP, XML, CSS, Flash
SQA Technologies: SOAP, REST, WSDL, UDDI
Bug Tracking Tools: HP Quality Center, Bugzilla, Visual Studio TFS, JIRA, Bamboo, Rational ClearQuest
Build/ Tools: Ant, Maven, Jenkins, Hudson
Databases Technologies: MS SQL Server 2000/2005, OLAP and OLTP, Oracle 9i/10g, MS Access 2000, SQL, Oracle PL/SQL, SQL*Plus, TOAD, SQL*Loader, MYSQL
Operating Systems: Windows XP, vista & server, UNIX, Linux and Mac
Utilities: Eclipse, GIT, SVN, CVS, Firebug, FirePath
Confidential, Dallas, TX
- Involved in Analysis, Understanding the requirement specifications.
- Worked on Agile(SCRUM) Methodology and used JIRA for defect tracking.
- Extensively used Selenium locators like ( Xpath, CSS Selectors, Fire Bug, Fire path locator) and WebDriver to test the web application.
- Worked on projects mobilizing efforts involving multiple teams.
- Designed and Developed UAT Regression automation script and Automation of functional testing framework for all modules using Selenium and WebDriver
- Created and executed Manual test case and Automation test cases, raised defects, and tracked the same to closure. Rest Web Service testing using Http Client Java library.
- Automated the Test Cases using Selenium, WebDriver, Core java (Eclipse), C# (Visual Studio) and Junit.
- Performed Database Change Verification testing using Oracle and SQL queries.
- Implemented Automated execution of tests (nightly and need based) using Maven and Jenkins
- Used BDD framework with Cucumber, Java and created future files with scenario and scenario outline files.
- Experienced in load and performance testing tool JMeter.
- Created and maintained the test cases, test data and test scenarios for each sprint cycle in TFS/ VSTS.
- Logged defects with detailed description, screenshots and log trace in TFS/ VSTS
- Attended training for Test Complete and subsequently integrated automated scripting into the Quality Assurance Methodology.
- Facilitated Continuous Integration for scenarios tagged as Sanity & Regression and Continuous Delivery (CICD) including GitHub, Jenkins.
- Configuring Jenkins set up, defining, scheduling jobs, invoking external scripts and external executables triggered from Jenkins at defined intervals.
- Mapped the test cases with the requirements for generating the Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM)
- Provided training and mentoring for authoring and maintaining of Test Complete automated scripts.
- Involved in testing Web services ( SOAP and REST ) and XML with tool called SOAP UI , for the local WSDL / with URL and created Test cases, run them, do load testing , security testing.
- Performed Coded UI automation testing for the application using Microsoft Test Manager.
- Web Services automation for manual and Automation both. Automation using TestNG and Selenium.
- Perform Functional, System, Performance, Regression, Integration, White box testing, Black box testing and User acceptance testing on central system, Subsystems, modules, and applications.
- Successfully coordinated UAT (User Acceptance Testing) with business users.
- Used Selenium Grid to run test cases in multiple browsers and Platforms.
- Log defects using JIRA application and communicate the defect status updates to the responsible analysis and implementation teams.
- Implemented Page Objects, Data Driven, Keyword Driven, Hybrid automation frameworks using Selenium.
Environment: Selenium web driver, Maven, JMeter, TestNG, XPATH, Test Complete, Eclipse, Jenkins, Windows XP, Coded UI, Test Manager, Test Management Tool: MTM, TFS, Junit, Agile, Manual testing, Office Suite, SQL, Oracle, SharePoint, Jira, SOAP UI, Java .
Confidential, Islandia, NY
Sr. QA Automation Engineer/ Mobile Tester
- Worked in Agile methodology with SCRUM Process for the development of the product.
- Extensively involved in all stages of testing life cycle SDLC & STLC
- Implemented the Selenium Web Driver , Java and TestNG framework for writing and executing the Test suits of Web Applications
- Involved in design and implementation of Selenium WebDriver automation framework for smoke and regression test suites using TestNG, Maven and Jenkins
- Used Maven, Selenium Grid to execute Selenium automation suites on different platform, browser combinations in parallel
- Implemented Page Objects, Data Driven, and Keyword Driven Frameworks using Selenium WebDriver, JUnit, and Java
- Worked in the Framework of POM for UI Automation in Selenium Web Driver
- Used Apache POI methods for writing to excel sheets in java
- Extensively used Quality Center / ALM for test planning, bug tracking and reporting tools followed up with the development team to verify Bug fixes and update bug status.
- Worked in using the XPath , Firebug and FirePath for Locator elements and IOS Simulators and Emulators Mobile App Testing
- Integrated Appium with Sauce Labs for distributing tests on the cloud
- Used iOS simulator (on code) to make sure the app works on all devices
- Used Android SDK and set up mobile device Emulator to test application and to get log files
- Implemented the BDD framework with Cucumber , Java and the creation of future files with scenario and scenario outline files
- Actively perform the testing in both SOAP and REST API services using SoapUI and tested both XML and JSON formats
- Involved in Web Services Testing using SoapUI with REST to create and execute automated functional, regression, compliance, and load tests
- Compared and analyzed the performance of the application with various load using Jmeter for performance testing
- Designed scenarios in JMeter to perform Load and Stress tests and to analyze results.
- Used Jenkins as continuous integration tool to run automated test suites
- Used GIT to re-modify files and for software development
- Implementation of SQL Queries for backend/ETL testing
- Extensively used SQL statements to query the Oracle Database (RDBMS) for Data Validation and Data Integrity
- Development of functional test cases using Data validation and Data Design Techniques
Environment: Selenium Web Driver, Page Object Model, Appium, HP ALM, Cucumber, Jenkins, Maven, JMeter, SoapUI, Protractor, TestNG, FirePath, Firebug, Eclipse, Java
Confidential, Los Angeles, CA
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Created Modular Driven Automation Framework from the Scratch.
- Developed automated test scripts using Selenium and in Java Eclipse.
- Involved in test cases review by development team, product management and modified the test cases based on their feedback.
- Developed ANT based build scripts to run Selenium Automation.
- Performed Regression testing for new builds and every modification in the application using Selenium WebDriver.
- Used Firebug Tool to identify the Object's id, Name, XPath, link in the application.
- Performed cross-browser testing.
- Used Selenium GRID to execute test cases on multiple platforms.
- Responsible for updating and maintenance of existing selenium scripts.
- Performed testing on web services using SOAPUI with XML web services and SOAP.
- Used Groovy Scripting for writing the test cases in SOAPUI tool.
- Created positive and negative assertions based on the business requirements.
- Performed Data Driven testing using SOAPUI.
- Reported defects through Jira and performing Regression to resolve bugs fixes.
- Extensively involved in resolving bugs fixes with Development Team.
- Used Jenkins as continuous integration tool to schedule and run the automated test scripts.
- Used SVN for Build Management for each release, QA, Integration and staging environments.
- Actively participated in daily Scrum meetings and involved in bi-weekly Sprint releases.
Confidential, Kansas City, MO
- Analyzed Business Requirement document and Business Use Cases in development of Test Plans .
- Involved in writing and implementation of the test plan, and various test cases for UAT.
- Prepared scripts using VB Script to automate test case scripts in QTP/UFT for the Front-end-applications.
- Enhanced Regression Test Cases to implement complex testing scenarios, increased permeations of Functionality Testing and increased code coverage using UFT.
- Performed manual/automation testing on different modules of the application.
- Worked with Data Sheet to facilitate the automation testing in UFT .
- Developed and executed test plans for Unit Testing, Integration Testing, System testing, Performance testing, User acceptance testing and Regression Testing.
- Performed blackbox testing like GUI, white box, integration, progressive, and system testing .
- Performed Positive and Negative testing to test response of the application under test by creating Data Driven tests.
- Extensively used Quality Center / ALM for test planning, bug tracking and reporting.
- Designed REST/HTTP , SOAP API’s including JSON data formats and API versioning strategy.
- Involved in designing and development of software using Agile development and Scrum methodology .
- Developed and Executed Manual test cases for Functional testing of various modules of the application.
- Used Cucumber for browser based testing with scenarios and situations.
- Designed and executed manual and automated test cases through Quality Centre by integrating QTP using data-driven testing.
- Uploaded Business requirements, test scenarios, test cases and defects of Quality Center. Automation scripts execution through ALM, updating test results and uploading relevant files/screen shots back to ALM.
- Tested request and response XML’ s based web services interfaces using SOAP UI.
- Performed back-end validations using SQL statements against Oracle Database .
Environment: Quality Center 11.0 (QC), Quick Test Professional(QTP)/UFT 11.5, Agile, Oracle, HTML, XML, Windows.
- Involved in preparing Test Plan, Test Strategy, Test Cases and Test Scripts.
- Developed Data Driven Tests using QTP and HP ALM QC and automated functional testing.
- Involved in Test Data Creation from the front end using QTP for End to End testing. Involved in Performing Regression Testing using QTP .
- Developed automation VB scripts using QTP to automate functional and regression testing.
- Developed Test Scripts using Quick Test professional (HP QTP) for extensive functionality and regression testing
- After successful release of projects, developed automation scripts using QTP and integrated the script with master script.
- Performed functional testing to identify various critical points in the application and automated it by using QTP .
- Performed Web Services Testing using SOAP UI for Various Web Services.
- Prepared and Scheduled for Backup and Recovery. Maintenance of backup and recovery plans for system and user databases.
- Designed REST/HTTP, SOAP API’s, including JSON data formats and API versioning strategy.
- Created LoadRunner scenarios and scheduled the Virtual Users to generate realistic load on the server using LoadRunner (Load generator machine).
- Developed test plans, test scripts and build scenarios work flows according to the user requirements.
- Worked on testing data migration, data integration and data transformation.
- Executed SQL queries using TOAD to query Oracle database.
- Created roles, and set permissions to ensure that company's security policies are enforced and in effect.
- Used Quality Center to document and open defects and track them from time to time.
Environment: Quality Center (QC) 11.0, QTP, Load Runner Java, J2EE, SOAP UI, Oracle 10g, SQL Developer, SQL Plus.
Manual / QTP Tester
- Analyzed test specifications and converted them into Manual Test Cases
- Involved in complete life cycle of design, development, testing and deployment of application.
- Executed the manual test cases for various testing like GUI, Functionality, System, for Web applications and recorded the results
- Identified the initial setup, input data, appropriate steps and the expected responses in the Manual test cases
- Project is developed using waterfall methodology
- Involved in the executing and retrieving the data for SQL Queries
- Worked on De-bugging and bug fixing problems raised by QA team and fixed the issues.
- Implemented transferring of XML data to the database using JDBC for additional services of the application.
- Automated the Backend System using QTP XML (used XPath, WSDL) web services (SOAP protocol) Feature
- Involved in preparing the Test Plan and Test Cases based on the business and functional specifications
- Participated in Integration, System, Smoke Testing
- Performed End to End Testing and involved in User Acceptance Testing