- Over 8 years of experience in Information Technology, with specializing in Software Quality Assurance Testing, proficient in testing on Client/Server and Web based applications.
- In depth understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC) and Bug Life Cycle (BLC). And QA methodologies including Waterfall and Agile methodologies to ensure appropriate Quality Control.
- Worked on Property and Casualty insurance company as an Underwriter. Strong understanding of rating in Property and Casuality.
- Well versed in various forms of Testing: Smoke, Functional, Integration, Regression, Performance and UI.
- Hands on experience in working with tools such as Selenium WebDriver/RC/IDE/GRID, HP Quick Test Professional QTP/UFT, Junit/TestNG, Quality Centre (QC), SOAP UI, JMeter, JIRA.
- Ability to validate GUI and system functionality on desktops as well as mobile devices running with Android and iOS with the help of Appium tool integrated with complex architecture and Mobile Browser, Mobile Native Application Testing, Mobile Cloud Platform.
- Strong experience in OOPS using Core Java and extensively used classes, objects, data structures, inheritance, polymorphism, exception handling, packages, collection, reflection and many more.
- Experience in functional and performance REST API testing using tools such as postman, JMeter.
- Extensively worked on Selenium WebDriver with the preferred Languages Java, C#, Python and Ruby.
- Tested SOAP and Restful web services using SOAP UI and developing the Scripts using Groovy.
- Hands on experience in dealing with various Defect Tracking tools like Clear Quest, JIRA, Microsoft Test Manager (MTM), Quality Centre (QC), Bugzilla and Team Foundation Server (TFS).
- Good exposure in Database Testing and Data Warehouse Testing using ETL tools and expert knowledge in using SQL queries and further usage of Stored Procedures for verifying the database integrity.
- Excellent working knowledge on Hadoop clusters and Big Data concepts.
- Experienced in Data Driven Framework, hybrid framework using UFT (Unified Functional Testing) 12.52 and VB Scripts.
- Expertise on working with testing tools like HP QualityCentre, HP UFT Load runner, Serena business manager, Selenium web driver and Bugzilla.
- Hands on experience in ETL testing.
- Involved in automation scripting using Coded UI, C#, MTM.
- Proficient in using Version Control tools like GitHub, SVN and CVS.
- Having good knowledge on Ant and Maven for Project building tool along with Jenkins and Bamboo for continuous integration.
- Performed Database/Backend testing by writing complex SQL Queries for data validation and integrity, good at writing complex Joins and knowledge in PL/SQL
- Extensive Experience in writing SQL queries to fetch data from Database systems (Oracle/db2/SQL Server/ PL/SQL).
- Experienced in Development of Automation Scripts, Execution and Analysing the Test Results using Hybrid, Jasmine framework, Behaviour Driven Development (BDD), Test Driven Development (TDD), Cucumber, JBehave, Keyword Driven Framework, Data Driven Framework and Mocha
- Hands on experience in writing and implementation of complex test plans, design, development and execution of test scripts for system, integration, UAT (User Acceptance Testing) and Regression testing.
Testing/Test Management /Defect Management tools: Selenium 2 Web Driver/RC/IDE/Grid, HP Quick Test Pro (QTP) 11, Load Runner 11, JIRA, Quality Centre/ALM 11, Jenkins, Maven, Web driver JS, Protractor, Bamboo, Clear Quest, SOAP UI, Cucumber, Robot framework (ATDD)
Web Browsers & Servers & Operating Systems: Microsoft Internet Explorer, Netscape Navigator, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Opera, Tomcat, Sauce Labs, Web Logic & Windows, Linux, Unix
Modelling Tools: MS Visio, MS Project, UML
Database: Oracle R12, MS Access, DB2, SQL Server 2008, MYSQL
Microsoft Tools: MS Office, Eclipse, UML, Rational Rose, Adobe Acrobat, MS Visio, MS Project, Microsoft FrontPage, Fire bug, Fire Path, IE Developer Toolkit and HTML
Testing Strategies: Integration, Unit, System, Black Box, White Box, UAT.
ReportingTools: Crystal Reports, SQL Server Reporting Services
Confidential - Durham, NC
Sr. QA Automation Engineer
- Directed Automation testing using the Standards, guidelines and structured methodology in testing the application. Analyzing Business Requirement/Features and preparing the Test conditions in HP Quality Centre.
- Prepared Test Scenarios based on RSM (Requirements Specification Matrix).
- Used Jenkins plugin which adds the ability to call Xcode command line tools to automate build and packaging iOS applications.
- Designed & developed a Native iOS application using Swift.
- Involved in developing a cross-platform mobile application which can run on both iOS and Windows platforms
- Developed test scripts using Selenium Web Driver, ample use of Firebug to map HTML pages and Selenium to document reports, test results. Use of "Parameterization" techniques for a "Data driven" test. All development had done under Eclipse IDE.
- Attending Scrums every day and work on Tasks to finish the stories on the board for each Sprint as this is agile methodology.
- Perform various testing on Mobile includes installation testing, functional testing, Regression Testing, on all iOS & Android devices on different environment.
- Automated the Rest API and soap web services using the rest Assure.
- Performing Web automation in Selenium using JUnit framework and performing Mobile Web Manual testing.
- Created test cases, test plans, tested API's, wrote JUnit test cases, executed code coverage and wrote automation scripts using Selenium WebDriver.
- Performed parameterization of the automated test scripts in Selenium WebDriver to check how the application performs against multiple sets of data.
- Reviewing and providing feedback for API functional tests.
- Implementing test automation using page objects model and Testing framework using Java, selenium web Driver APIs for the applications serviced by the team.
- Working on Android and iOS Automation Tools (Selenium, and Appium) for testing Native apps .
- To verify the object properties, worked on creating verification Points using VB Script level and created various functions of application in QTP/UFT.
- Developing and maintaining an automated regression Restful API test suite built using Rest assured and TestNG.
- Performed testing on Office Web Apps, Office Native Apps for iOS and Mac using XCODE, to verify functionality of application.
- Involved in performing Automation testing (emulators & IOS Simulators) & Mobile Application Testing using Appium.
- Developed automation scripts for mobile native applications using Appium, Java and Selenium.
- Developed QA processes automation test scripts using Java/Selenium to test Web based user interfaces for different types of browsers. Validated the data from Front End to Back End tables in the Oracle Database.
- Designed, implemented, and test data remediation application process including, insert data file using Core Java, Memory Management, JDBC.
- Involved in implementation of Test Automation Framework build using Selenium WebDriver, protractor to handle Angular JS, TestNG and Maven technologies under Java platform utilizing industry leading harness design patterns and approaches.
- Build Automation Framework for AngularJS in Jasmine, Protractor and WebDriver.
- Experience in developing in Core java programming using OOPS concepts.
- Have built a test automation framework based on Page Object Model, TestNG and Selenium Web driver.
- Developed test code in Java language using Eclipse, IDE and TestNG framework.
- Used Synchronization in Selenium to take care of the timing problems between QTP & Application under Test.
- Validated web services manually and through groovy script automation using SOAP UI.
- Developed automation test cases, executed these test scripts from test lab and logged defects in JIRA/ALM.
- Assisted in the design and implementation benefit plans, programs, and procedures.
- Prepared Test data for the Entrance and Exit Criteria in Acceptance to check if the development team has completed coding the application and whether all the modules have been tested by developers.
- Performed User Acceptance test (UAT) involving actual users.
- Assisted in designing test plans, test scenarios and test cases for integration, regression and user accepting testing (UAT) to improve overall quality of the application.
Environment: Selenium, JAVA, C++, SQL Server, Appium, JIRA, Cucumber, Windows, SQL, Oracle 10g, MS Office, Visual Studio, Jenkins, Web Services, Web API, Unit Testing, TestNG, UAT, Eclipse, HTML, CSS, HTTP, Python, SOAP UI.
Confidential - Woodland hills, CA
Selenium/Mobile Automation Engineer
- Interacted with Project manager, business analysts and developers to understand the application design and functional specifications.
- Effectively implemented different QA methodologies/policies, strategies and plans in all stages of SDLC.
- Developed QTP scripts for various reports.
- Developed a file of ACORD Forms used as the standards in all Property and Casualty markets, for both Personal and Commercial Lines of Business.
- Created VB scripts for regression testing using QTP.
- Ensures that the existing functionality is working properly by performing regression testing with QTP Scripts.
- Extensively used QTP integrated environment like Data Table, Actions, and Recovery scenarios.
- Analyzed functional specifications to identify test scenarios and develop test cases for Insurity products policy decisions for personal lines, property and casuality, commercial lines, claims decisions and billing decisions.
- Performed Manual Functional testing with QC and Regression Testing with QTP.
- Worked on Commercial lines Property and Casualty Insurance including both policy and claim processing and reinsurance.
- Handled Selenium Synchronization problems using Explicit & Implicit waits during regression testing.
- Prepared requirements document for Commercial Auto, Inland Marine, Crime, Worker's Compensation, Umbrella, Business Owners Policy, Commercial Output Policy, and Commercial Property Package.
- Designed and Developed Test Cases for automated testing using Selenium, JUNIT and Eclipse IDE.
- Integrated Automation scripts in Continuous Integration tools (Jenkins) for nightly batch run of the Script.
- Performed the White box testing using Java.
- Conducted Functional testing, Regression Testing using selenium with Data-driven framework and BDD, TDD.
- Created automation test scripts using data driven framework and Page Factory model to test the web applications using Selenium WebDriver with JAVA and maven.
- Used Jenkins to execute the test scripts periodically on Selenium WebDriver for different platforms.
- Performed Cross browser testing and parallel testing on Chrome, Firefox and Safari using TestNG and Maven on Selenium WebDriv
- Developed Session beans and Web components (Servlets, JSP) using WSAD.
- Performed white box testing using Junit for class, method, & web services testing.
- Automated code downloads and email notifications using UNIX Shell scripts.
- Design and prepared test plans for White Box Test Approach & Test cases.
- Responsible for understanding high level (cross-Browser) business processes related to their application area and its interfaces to other applications.
- Created Selenese JUNIT test case for various functional modules, modified, debugged and executed using JUNITplug in to Eclipse IDE.
- Wrote test cases, implemented ran and added versions and iterations using Test Manager for positive, negative and END-TO-END Test cases.
- Wrote Ant build scripts to automate the compilation and execution of JUNIT test cases/suites for Lens.
- Measurement screen, Lens Type Screen, Aftercare screen and two eye replication screens.
- Developed Test Frameworks in Selenium for UI Regression Test Automation and when necessary, and potentially execute Unit Test Automation (Java / Junit).
- AngularJS based front-end data handling, template creation.
- Strong domain knowledge on Insurance, Cruises, Airlines, Retail and Pharma.
- Developed the web applications with the help of HTML, DHTML, XHTML and CSS.
- Created automation scripts in SoapUI using Groovy Script for web services testing.
- Performed Regression testing of applications after defects are fixed and any new functionality is implemented into the QA. Supported the Business team for executing UAT test cases.
- Performed Database Change Verification testing using Oracle-Toad and SQL queries.
- Verified data integrity by back-end testing of the application by writing SQL queries.
- Attended Defect Review meetings with Developers, Tech Lead, Team Lead and Project Manager to discuss issues regarding the Open defects, resolved defects and all other defects associated to the Source system.
- Involved in estimation and preparation of test case scenarios and test plan documentation for validating and reporting.
Confidential - Huston, TX
QA Automation Tester
- Interacting with Peers and Developers to clarify the issues related to Test Data, Test cases design Flow, Features, and Functionality of application
- Created and executed test cases using Visual Studio. The test results are mentioned step by step in the visual studio.
- In backlog page move the items that you expect to work on into the current sprint in visual studio
- Used Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS) to track projects
- Drafted detailed Test Steps to be followed for Test Automation using QTP.
- Parameterized test scripts in QTP to pass data from different data sources like Excel spreadsheets
- Extensively involved in developing VBScript for automation using QTP.
- Creating and modifying functions for different functionality and add in Function library, A this function library in each test.3
- Participated in testing using Junit, Cucumber, Functional Tests, and Integration Tests.
- Creating different Recovery scenarios and add it to in Recovery scenario folder in Quality Center Test plan. Add recovery scenarios with tests.
- Follow-up defects until closure (String /System)
- Performing responsibilities of object identification and performing Data Driven Testing.
- Handling the tasks of running test, debugging, and enhancing applications.
- Handling unexpected events that occur during the Test Run.
- Designed and executed Cucumber and JUnit test suite for testing Open RTB validator.
- Performing Backend testing by creating and executing SQL queries.
- Performed browser (IE, Firefox, Chrome, Safari) and platform (Windows 7/Vista/ XP) compatibility testing in virtual machine environment.
- Involved in Different Phases of test cycles like String Test, Local Integration Testing (LIT).
- Developing test cases, test scenarios and user flows for various platforms.
- Reporting services which cover Build information, Test results and progress, project management, agile reports bug with the help of TFS and Closely interacted with developers to fix bugs.
- Participated in Code Review, QA meetings, Project status meetings and Defect tracking meetings.
- Evaluated and implemented QA process improvements for ongoing testing.
Environment: VBScript, QTP, Visual studio, Microsoft Team Foundation Server, SQL, Agile, Windows 7, Windows XP, Vista, Linux, MS office.
Confidential - Kansas City, MO
- Performing Daily Smoke Test Manually on different browsers (e.g.: Firefox, Safari and IE)
- Perform Black Box and White Box testing.
- Performed defect logging and tracking using the HP Quality center and JIRA.
- Developed some automation test cases in Linux.
- Experience in testing using Rest Web Services.
- Involved in the Regression Testing by using Selenium after each modification and enhancement.
- Used Data Driven Framework to check the behavior of application with different inputs as parameters using Selenium.
- Used Agile-methodology to ensure the new features meet the customer requirements and acceptable quality assurance standards.
- Performed Integration, Regression tests, User interface testing, Usability testing, based on Analysis, and understanding of the requirements, non-functional specifications, and end-user needs.
- Participated in QA team with manual testing update or repair existing test case.
- Implemented using TDD (Test-Driven Development) and ATDD approach.
- Create performance scripts using HP LoadRunner/NeoLoad and set up the Performance test scenario in Controller.
- Developed and executed White box test cases of the Java API using Junit framework & Eclipse.
- Created test cases, test plans, tested API's, wrote Junit test cases, executed code coverage, wrote automation scripts using Selenium, executed database queries for testing purposes and led different projects in the shipping and checkout domain.
- Create/ Alter Benchmark source code (Java) for Faban Performance Testing framework.
- Worked on distributed test automation execution on different environment as part of Continuous Integration Process using Selenium Grid and Jenkins.
- Used automated scripts and performed functionality testing during the various phases of the application development using Selenium.
- Wrote complex SQL queries to Oracle database for backend/frontend comparative analysis i.e., to check the correctness and validity of the database tables stored in the database.
- Checked for the Database Integrity using the SQL Queries.
- Involved in Documented Test cases corresponding to business rules and other operating conditions.
- Assisted working team on with Test Complete scripting and automation.
- Developed applications running through Test Complete.
- Interacted with Developers and System Analysts to understand the severity of the defects and assigned priorities accordingly using ALM/Quality Center.
- Tested both XML and JSON formats by getting involved in testing both SOAP and REST services using Rest Assured.
- Used Quality Centre to track and report system defects and bug fixes.
- Written modification requests for the bugs in the application and helped developers to track and resolve the problems and Prepared user documentation for UAT (User Acceptance testing).
- Performed quality assurance reviews on all System Development Life Cycle.
- Coordinated meetings with the Development teams to ensure appropriate handling of the bugs and their timely resolution and Participated in bug review meetings on behalf of the QA team.
- Documented the raised defects and followed up with development team for defect fixes.
- Creating keyword or hybrid framework for Functional Testing.
- Responsible for writing SQL queries for accessing data from the MySQL database
- Coordinated with UAT team by providing them with test cases and test data.
- Involved in Release Support-Deployments to QA, Sanity testing of the initial deployment in QA and Training environment.
- Analyzed, Designed and developed the system to meet the requirements of business users.
- Developed DAO classes using Spring DAO package for data access and data manipulation.
- Coded different deployment descriptors using XML. Generated Jar files are deployed on Apache Tomcat Server.
- Set up the development environment in WebSphere Application Developer (WSAD).
- Implemented Struts MVC architecture by creating Model, View and Controller classes.
- Implemented Struts Validation framework to validate the customer data.
- Responsible for coding SQL Statements and Stored procedures for back end communication using JDBC connecting to MySQL.
- Performed Unit testing for modules using JUnit and prepared code documentation for future reference and upgrades.