- Around 6 years of industry experience in Software Quality Testing of Web /Client Server and Web Services applications using Manual and Automation Test Tools.
- Strong knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) as well as Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC) and the Role of QA in different testing methodologies like Agile, and Waterfall etc.
- Automation experience using Selenium IDE/RC/ Web Driver and TestNG frameworks.
- Hands on Experience on testing web services (SOAP, REST) using SOAP UI Tools.
- Expertise in using Tools HP Quality Center, Rational Clear Quest, BugZilla, Rally and JIRA.
- Experience in Continuous integration tools like Maven, Jenkins and Rally Tools.
- Extensive experience in Functional, Unit, Integration, Regression, Black box, white box, API, GUI, Back - end, Browser Compatibility testing in different stages of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Excellent experience in all levels of Testing such as Smoke, Positive, Negative, Integration, Regression, Functional, System, Database, Data Migration, Security, Usability, Compatibility, Performance, Black box, White box, Unit, API, Graphical User Interface testing (GUI) and User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Work experience in integrating Automation scripts (Selenium WebDriver API) on Continuous Integration tools Hudson/Jenkins for nightly batch run of the Script.
- Experience in writing and executing load scripts using JMeter as well as Load Runner.
- Excellent skills in automated test tools like QTP, Selenium, Quality Center, Win Runner.
- Experience using various databases like Oracle, MS SQL Server and MySQL.
- Strong understanding of software QA methodologies including Develop, execute, maintain Test plans, Test suites, Test harness, Test final result documents and bug reports
- Proficient in RDBMS concepts and experience in working with Oracle, DB2 and MY SQL PL/SQL, SQL* Plus, Database triggers, Procedures, Functions.
- Experience in writing UNIX shell scripts for loading the data.
- Experience in handling onsite/offshore coordination. Excellent Organization, Analytical and Problem Solving skills and ability to quickly learn new technologies.
- Good Communication and Interpersonal skills. Technically sound, Result-Oriented with strong Problem solving skills. Innovative & efficient. Capable of working as a Team Member or Individually with minimum supervision.
Testing Tools: Selenium Web driver/RC/IDE/GRID, QC/ALM, QTP, SOAPUI, JUNIT, TestNG, Firebug, Firepath, XPath, Maven, JSON, Jenkin
Bug Tracking tools: Quality Center, JIRA and Rally
Defect Tracking: Quality Centre, JIRA
Build Tools: Maven, Jenkins
Methodologies: Waterfall, Agile
Database Systems: MS SQL Server, Oracle, MS Access, TFS
Operating System: Windows, Mac OS, UNIX/LINUX
Confidential, New York, NY
QA Automation Engineer
- Performed agile testing, review the stories and participated in Daily Scrum, Iteration Planning and Release Planning meeting and used Rally Tool
- Participated in all phases of the Software Testing Life Cycle(STLC)
- Involved in the design and development of test plan from business and Functional requirements which includes test objectives, test strategies, test environments etc.
- Participated in peer review with team and developers to review test cases/test scripts.
- Performed System, Integration, Smoke, Sanity, Functional, End to End, Positive and Negative and monitored the behavior of the applications during different phases of testing using testing methodologies.
- Regression testing was performed after each build release of the application and updated the Scripts by executing the Regression suites built using Selenium and approve for regression suit.
- Created Selenium Test cases for automation using Selenium Web Driver and Java
- Used Hybrid Framework of Selenium to get data from Excel.
- Build a detailed, reusable, Script - free Keyword + Data - Driven framework for over 45% Test cases using Selenium WebDriver + TestNG.
- Parallel, Cross - Browser Testing using Selenium Grid and TestNG.
- Performed back end testing by writing and executing SQL queries to validate that data is being populated in appropriate tables and manually verify the correctness of the data with front-end values.
- Interacted and worked with the development team to analyze the defects and reported them in Quality Center and tracked them for closure.
- Interacted with users by conducting User Acceptance Testing (UAT) to ensure that the total functionality of the application was met by complying with all the business requirements.
- Participated in weekly QA status and project status meetings to report any defects and issues encountered in application.
- Discussed with team lead and PM regarding testing deadlines and post deployment validation.
- Actively communicated with the end users and business users to create realistic test cases.
- Provide test summary documentation and analyze test results, identifying trends and/or root causes of problems.
- Developed training materials, system maintenance and operating manuals for the QA environment and used the same to train the users
- Establish business continuity through Knowledge Transfer and mentoring of new resources.
Environment: Java, Selenium WebDriver, Web Services, SOAP UI, REST, TEST NG, HTML, Java Script, CSS, AJAX, HP Quality Center, Agile, SQL, Oracle, Windows.
Confidential, San Francisco, CA
- Extensively involved in analyzing Business Requirements, created testing strategies, testing plans and prepared detailed test cases for the Application under Test (AUT).
- Developed automation test scripts using Selenium Web Driver and Java.
- Developed Data Driven Test scripts as well as running these scripts for Message processing, Registration, and Reports testing using Selenium WebDriver.
- Created test cases, test plans, tested API’s, wrote JUnit test cases, executed code coverage and wrote automation scripts using Selenium WebDriver.
- Performed parameterization of the automated test scripts in Selenium WebDriver to check how the application performs against multiple sets of data.
- Created the JUnit test cases for the different web applications using Eclipse IDE.
- Extended data driven framework and developed re-usable functions across the application.
- Used JUnit Test to automate functional and regression testing across integrated environments.
- Used ANT to build and run the Selenium WebDriver automation framework. Once the script got over, framework used to send the automation reports over email.
- Involved in ANT configuration for running servers and scripts after the build.
- Contributed to the Continuous Integration pipeline running component builds, creating and running Deployment jobs on individual stages on Jenkins, and running automated and manual functional tests.
- Integrated the test suites to Jenkins to execute them automatically after every successful deployment.
- Performed back-end testing on Oracle and SQL Server databases by writing SQL queries to make sure the contents displayed on the UI correct as per requirements specifications.
- Conducted test on Web services transactions like automatic bill payment, wire transfers, batch payments and account transfers sent over HTTP or HTTPS by inspecting every XML request and response using SoapUI.
- Recorded JMeter user scripts implementing parameterization both manually and by data driven wizards in JMeter.
- Performed defect reporting and bug tracking using JIRA and also followed up with development team to verify bug fixes, and update bug status.
- Used Selenium WebDriver used to test search results of Meta search engine.
- Responsible for collecting and analyzing the test metrics and then submitting the reports, which kept track of the status and progress of the testing effort.
Environment: Java, Selenium WebDriver, Eclipse, Junit, ANT, Jenkins, SoapUI, Git, TDD, Agile, Quality Center, SQL, Oracle, Windows and UNIX.
Confidential, Chantilly, VA
- Interacted with the Business Clients, Product Owners, Developers and QA Manager for clear exposure to trickle down the technical/functional User Requirements & Change Requests to Test Plans and Test Scenarios.
- Identified test cases to automate. Automate those test cases using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG and Java technologies (Eclipse IDE). Contributed in framework creation.
- Perform Functional Testing, Regression Testing, System Integration testing, (UAT ) User Acceptance Testing, and End to End Testing
- Responsible in executing Selenium test scripts on different browsers and checked for compatibility.
- Tested the application in highly dynamic environment with sprint team using agile methodology.
- Automated the Test cases using Selenium for Regression testing and TestNG for grouping the tests.
- Created and enhanced numerous test scripts to handle changes in the objects, in the tested application’s GUI and in the testing environment using Selenium WebDriver.
- Involved in creation of automation framework in Selenium WebDriver. Extensively used Page Objects design framework for readable test script and easy maintenance from developer perspectives.
- Converted manual instructions to open source Selenium WebDriver scripts.
- Used Selenium WebDriver API to automate tests on cross browser and cross platform environment. Sound knowledge on Object Oriented Programming concept and Java Language.
- Integrated Automation scripts (Selenium WebDriver API) on Continuous Integration tools Jenkins for nightly batch run of the Script. Created Project plan on Jenkins, configured scheduled using Cron job.
- Involved in Functional Testing as Unit test, Method test, Test Suite, Integration Testing using different TestNG methods.
- Configured Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Maven tool and created selenium automation scripts in java using TestNG prior to agile release.
- Performed Unit testing with TestNG test frame work.
- Used HP Mercury Quality Center for Test Management for functional Test Automation.
- Provide all data validation through SQL queries commands to perform Back-end testing
- Participated in Walkthrough and defect report meetings periodically.
- Responsible for keeping up with the test schedule and interacting with software engineers to ensure clear communications on requirements and defect reports.
Environment: Java, Selenium WebDriver, GIT, Jenkins, TestNG, Maven, Eclipse IDE, HP QC/ALM, Windows.
Confidential, Tempe, AZ
- Analyzed various Requirements documents and Use Cases to prepare the detailed Test Plan.
- Prepared test data for data driven test cases and tested the entire application regarding the Requirement of system.
- Analyzed business requirements and design specifications.
- Developed detailed Test Cases based on analysis of the business requirements and communication with business.
- Performed End-to End testing, System testing, Regression testing, Compatibility testing and Functional testing.
- Tested all the applications under different Operating Systems and under different Web Server environments.
- Worked in the agile environment with frequently changing requirements and features set.
- Performed functional testing, regression testing, integration testing, system compatibility testing and User Acceptance testing (UAT).
- Involved in generating test plan, test cases in HP ALM/ Quality Center.
- Involved in defect tracking, defect reporting, analyzing results and documenting using ALM/Quality center.
- Interacted with developers and business Users to communicate the defects and actively participated in replicating the bugs and performed regression testing using ALM/Quality Center.
- Wrote SQL queries to test the database and validate the data integrity.
- Developed common reusable libraries of user defined public functions.
- Wrote reports for projects and work with different project managers.
- Used Quality center for Defect Tracking.
- Communicated and escalated project quality issues and quality deficiencies to upper management via verbal presentation, status reports and metric reports.
- Interacted with developers, discussed technical problems, provided feedback concerning completeness and reported bugs.
- Participated in weekly project status meetings with the management team and walkthroughs.
Environment: Quality center, ALM, Microsoft Project, MS Project, SQL Server, UNIX, Windows.